• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Shiny Gold Help Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

uchiha sasuke

2337-8711-7616
Years
    • Seen Mar 22, 2020
    where can i find mushrooms (tiny or big)?
    It is very important because i need to learn to some of my pokemons some old moves...

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 8, 2010
    Weirdest thing happened to my shroomish and jigglypuff at the day-care/breeding center. So they mated and had an egg. I did not check their r/ship with the old man before he gave me the egg. But after he handed me the egg he said they don't seem to like each other much?

Also can anyone answer the questions I asked in my previous post pls? Thanks

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen today
    Hey guys I'm having trouble determining which pokemon to teach TMs to..Is Shiny Gold under generation II for learning movesets by leveling or generation III?

Also are generation IV evolutions available like Lickylicky?

Are there any Pokemon contests?

Also anyone saw girl Frieda on Friday in Ilex Forest? I received a Poison Barb from her.Are there other girls on different days there?

EDIT: BTW I realized that when I talk to Prof. Elm back in New Bark Town after my Togepi hatched nothing happened.. Also, when I entered Goldenrod City, my rival did not call like what the guide said. http://www.freewebs.com/shinygoldwalkthrough/actii.htm
    Alot of things are weird too, for e.g. when I access Prof. Oak's PC he says to check with his aide for HM01 Flash. But I already have that HM!
    Also the battling the repeat trainers that give you their phone number..I use the VS Seeker and it shows they're ready to battle but when I talk to them it's just the usual delete this phone no. or do u want my phone no. conversation.. I have to call them on the public phone and there might just be a rare chance they let me have a rematch.
    What is the use of the Phone Card and Poke Beeper? I can never use it or get it to work?

You need to Start again (from the beginning!) with the new beta to receive the Pokebeeper and the Phone Card... Unless, try going back to your mom and talking to her.

Ignore what the Prof. says about the aides and the HM, that hasn't been changed yet.

There is NO Gen 4 Pokemon at ALL, and won't be any according to Zel.

There are more people like that at different places, find them to receive a hold item that is different (There are 7).

The movesets are all the Gen 3 ones, and the TM and HM list has been changed to match Gen 2 with a mix of a few Gen 3 ones, and TM's are taught to the pokemon which fits.

There are no Contests.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 8, 2010
    You need to Start again (from the beginning!) with the new beta to receive the Pokebeeper and the Phone Card... Unless, try going back to your mom and talking to her.

I have already received the Pokebeeper and Phone Card from my mom. The thing is I can't seem to use it. I would get the msg from Oakl that this isn't the time to use it so I was wondering what is the use of having these 2 key items in my pocket?

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen today
    I have already received the Pokebeeper and Phone Card from my mom. The thing is I can't seem to use it. I would get the msg from Oakl that this isn't the time to use it so I was wondering what is the use of having these 2 key items in my pocket?

You don't use them yourself! You use the phone Card for the Phone Booths that are around the Regions, and the PokeBeeper is just there for important people to get you quicker (like Prof. Elm when the pokemon was stolen). You dont use them at all, other things use them.

Years
    • Seen Oct 8, 2010
    O I see! Thanks alot for telling me!

Is there something wrong with my game if I don't start over? So far I haven't noticed anything unusual apart frm Prof.Elm not noticing my egg has hatched and my rival at Goldenrod City not calling...
    I don't really like losing all the pokemon I have already.. I guess I could trade the pokemon in my game to another game file then trade them back again, but I don't feel like playing through the game all over again. :/

Any way I can rectify the above problems by hacking the shiny gold file on my own?

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen today
    O I see! Thanks alot for telling me!

Is there something wrong with my game if I don't start over? So far I haven't noticed anything unusual apart frm Prof.Elm not noticing my egg has hatched and my rival at Goldenrod City not calling...
    I don't really like losing all the pokemon I have already.. I guess I could trade the pokemon in my game to another game file then trade them back again, but I don't feel like playing through the game all over again. :/

Any way I can rectify the above problems by hacking the shiny gold file on my own?

Rival didn't call me either, Prof. Elm not noticing the Egg happened to me. I doubt you need to do anything. Just carry on.

uchiha sasuke

2337-8711-7616
    Years
    • Seen Mar 22, 2020
    in b5, where do i get the poke flute? (I found it)
    Also, where can i find tm's, like ice punch, thunder punch, fire punch, earthquake, thunderbolt, ice beam?

I only found flamethrower as i remember.

Unfortunately, today, as I was playing when i tried to save a new window appeared (for more information see the attachment)
    I haven't change any settings. The only thing that I did was to create an .avi file
    I 've tried with other roms and the save function worked. Did anyone else face such a problem?

ps. I have just seen a raikou (he escaped) and i could not save it. But, as i checked from the pokedex, it said "area unknown"

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2014
    Ok, I have looked through the internet and this forum and have seen this question asked many, many times without a clear answer being given.

Pokemon Shiny Gold, Beta 5, when played on gpsPhone crashes whenever you press the start button. Beta 4 and less have worked perfectly, and everyone else on the internets is having the same exact problem. What's up?

BlueShadow

Banned
    Years
  • in b5, where do i get the poke flute? (I found it)
    Also, where can i find tm's, like ice punch, thunder punch, fire punch, earthquake, thunderbolt, ice beam?

I only found flamethrower as i remember.

Unfortunately, today, as I was playing when i tried to save a new window appeared (for more information see the attachment)
    I haven't change any settings. The only thing that I did was to create an .avi file
    I 've tried with other roms and the save function worked. Did anyone else face such a problem?

ps. I have just seen a raikou (he escaped) and i could not save it. But, as i checked from the pokedex, it said "area unknown"

The elemental punches are in Goldenrod city Department Store, Earthquake is in the Goldenrod City Game Corner. The pokedex won't tell you where is raikou like in the original gold and silver. You need to find it by yourself.

Years
    • Seen Oct 8, 2010
    Is it true that if you meet raikou more than once you can slowly whittle down his health and so the next time you meet him his health should not be full? I tried catching him with ultra ball but he always escapes.

Anyone know where I can get HM STRENGTH? Whitney's badge allows me to use strength but I don't even have the HM...

Also, how frequent are the bug contests and what are the prizes available apart from sun stone?? Is it true elemental stones are not implemented yet?

Slowking - Water or Sun Stone?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2024
    I know to answer only to 'where's the HM strenght?'.
    (Olivine city)Go to the house next to the Poke center.There's a sailor,he'll give it to ya.

Years
    • Seen Oct 8, 2010
    Thanks Ray, thanks swift! ^_^

Hope someone else knows the answer to my other questions..

Years
    • Seen Jul 14, 2020
    Is it true that if you meet raikou more than once you can slowly whittle down his health and so the next time you meet him his health should not be full? I tried catching him with ultra ball but he always escapes.

Anyone know where I can get HM STRENGTH? Whitney's badge allows me to use strength but I don't even have the HM...

Also, how frequent are the bug contests and what are the prizes available apart from sun stone?? Is it true elemental stones are not implemented yet?

Slowking - Water or Sun Stone?

I've not yet encountered any of the 3 gerbils, so I cannot answer that, but, I'm assuming that yes it will be the same Raikou you encounter every single time and sleeping/damage upon any beast will remain.

The bug catching contests are only on at specific points in the story line, the first being after defeating morty, I don't know when the next is.

There is a limited amount of elemental stones, you receive one of each type from bill's grandfather who minds the house on the route north of cerulean, and one for defeating the dragon tamers in the dragon's den in a specific order, the only one I know is when you defeat them in order of seeing them = water stone.

Years
    • Seen Oct 8, 2010
    Thank you! ^_^ That's a bummer on the limited stones thing though. If there were more stones available than it'd be possible to complete the pokedex.

I have another question. Is Mystery Gift available in this version and do I have to input the keywords in the pokemart as the girl on the 5th Floor said?

Years
  • Hello I'm new here (first post) - found the place cuz I got all hyped up on pokemon again and then i learned about this shiny gold. Well i started today and I love it.

My questions are:
    Is growlithe still evolved with a firestone like it used to be? (or was that from trading it?) Anyway how do you do it on shinygold?
    If it is indeed a firestone, where do i obtain one?
    Also what level is best to evolve growlith to arcanine?

I have gotten 3 badges and gotten to the town with the ghostgym. Just got myself a magnemite, is there any better electric pokemon available around this part of the game?

Meh might as well put up my current team:

Bayleef
    Kadabra ( How do you evolve him in Shiny Gold?)
    Magnemite
    Growlithe
    Sandslash
    Quagsire (only water pokemon ive found so far)

Well it's a tempoary team, ive never really been annoyed by changing my teammembers and doing some grinding for training new pokemons to take over.

So basically what improvements could be made at this point in the game?

And please if someone knows the answer to my other questions post them too :)

- Tesshin

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back