• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Shiny Gold Help Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

erict

Master
Years
Heya All!

I just finished the Pokemon league and after the credits my game starts from the very beginning and it says "The 1M sub-circuit board is not installed." Can anyone help me with this? I have it saved on 128K

pkmnmaster69

When will this day end?
Years
  • Seen Oct 24, 2020
Could anyone tell me some tips of finding the legendary dogs i know that they run around every route in johto

Darthatron

巨大なトロール。
Years
The most logical way to get the legendary dogs would be to go from 1 Route to the Next over and over until one appears. I believe you need to go to the Tower and make them run away first also.

Batonelli

Shiny Elekid *
Years
  • Age 33
  • =$
  • Seen May 21, 2018
The most logical way to get the legendary dogs would be to go from 1 Route to the Next over and over until one appears. I believe you need to go to the Tower and make them run away first also.

Yea, correct... First the run-away sequence and next finding them by Pure luck.
Also, the thing you mentioned Darthatron: "going from 'route 1' to the next etc", actually also depends on pure luck. The chance of finding the Dogs at the route you're entering, isn't that big. In fact, it's possible when you enter for example route 20, that one of the Dogs could be entering route 1.

~Avversione~

Signature Tag Maker
Years
To the two above me. You do not need to go to the Tower to activate the dogs event. I know because I had a level 40 Raikou with my Pokemon in their Teens.

Giovanni Boss

Team Rocket's Head
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 10, 2023
Yea, correct... First the run-away sequence and next finding them by Pure luck.
Also, the thing you mentioned Darthatron: "going from 'route 1' to the next etc", actually also depends on pure luck. The chance of finding the Dogs at the route you're entering, isn't that big. In fact, it's possible when you enter for example route 20, that one of the Dogs could be entering route 1.

there's a small mistake here. The dogs, as I understood from what Zel said, are not appearing in any route. They just have a small chance of appearing in the route you enter, and if they're not there, they're not anywhere else, Very different from the original versions, but I think this way is better, so the beasts-supposed-to-be-dogs don't play with your patience. xD

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
Years
To the two above me. You do not need to go to the Tower to activate the dogs event. I know because I had a level 40 Raikou with my Pokemon in their Teens.

O_O
Ok, that's a glitch, you are supposed to go to Burned Tower first.
Could you post it in the main thread?

Ivysaur

Years
Spoiler:

Ivysaur

Years
where do i get a machine part?

Spoiler:

Years
  • Seen Jun 25, 2008
Headbutt doesn't seem to be working for me, it doesn't appear in the Pokémon menu. Any ideas?

Batonelli

Shiny Elekid *
Years
  • Age 33
  • =$
  • Seen May 21, 2018
Headbutt doesn't seem to be working for me, it doesn't appear in the Pokémon menu. Any ideas?

That's because it Won't appear in the Pokémon menu. Plus, it won't work on every tree. Just try a few trees by clicking A while facing it. You'll notice only some trees will work.

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 20, 2020
I'm in Olivine, but without a Pokemon that knows/can learn Surf. Where do I catch one?

MR. MR. MR. ATOM.

ehsGweyisgh
Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen Dec 4, 2009
I'm in Olivine, but without a Pokemon that knows/can learn Surf. Where do I catch one?

Umm... this may be a crazy thought, but have you checked... the water?

With maybe a umm, oh I don't know, a fishing pole?

Batonelli

Shiny Elekid *
Years
  • Age 33
  • =$
  • Seen May 21, 2018
Umm... this may be a crazy thought, but have you checked... the water?

With maybe a umm, oh I don't know, a fishing pole?

Yap, just use an Old Rod to catch a Magikarp. Even those worthless fishes will do it!
And if you would run into the problem of not having a Rod (the Fishing Guru is just inside the house above the Pokécenter), just ride with your bike over this area of water/shore, and you'll eventually encounter Tentacool etc...

byglitchhi6.jpg

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 20, 2020
Wow... Actually, I got the Rod before reading Mr. "Mr. Mr. Mr. Atom"'s post by going into my Pokebag, getting out a magazine from January 2001, going to the G/S Walkthrough and taking a rod from him. Yes- I have a Pokebag!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back