• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Shiny Gold Help Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueShadow

Banned
Years
  • if the Beta 6 Shiny Gold will be released .,Could you still use my Beta 5 Save Game/State.?

If u can Please Tell me How~~

~!~!~ SO I WONT HAVE TO START OVER IN BETA 6 !~!~!

You can do it, but I don't recommend it. If you continue your game with an old save file there will be too much bugs and maybe you will miss some new events at the beginning of the game.

Guys, thanks for the other question, I got a new one:
    I want to run the game on No$GBA since it runs the game like 3.5x faster than Visual. But every time I press the start button (and go to the menu) on Nocash, the game crashes. What`s the problem?

Sorry for the double post, but there`s a deleted post between my 2 posts and I forgot I wanted to answer.

Yes, partially. It`s possible, it`ll work, but many bugs will be created and there`d be no responsibility for them, neither a way to fix them unless to start over. Most of the bugs are very tiny though, it`ll be playable. I did it on B4=>B5.

I have VisualBoy Advance and No$GBA and I tried to play shiny gold in my No$GBA and the same happened to me. I am not really sure why it happens but I recommend you to use VBA. It is a little bit slower but it is really good. Visual Boy Advance is one of the best GBA emulators so try it.

casidepro

shiny gold supporter
    Years
  • hey blue shadow do you know a good pokemon that gives speed ev's so i can speed up my swampert

Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2011
    TM Case Questions
    Spoiler:

Shiva

Ghost User
    Years
  • TM Case Questions
    Spoiler:

All the TM's work just fine for me, maybe your version got messed up somewhere along the way... Also, hacking anything within this hack is probably a REALLY bad idea. This game uses all the TMs available up until Firered, as it is a hack of Firered. If you say you only got up to like union cave, I think you should start over and if it is still like that, remerge Shinygold with Firered, and make sure your Firered is not a dud, because maybe thats why your TM list is messed up.

hey blue shadow do you know a good pokemon that gives speed ev's so i can speed up my swampert
    You can always look it up on a Firered/LeafGreen pokedex website, something like Marriland's? It shows what pokemon give what EV points.

Last edited:

BlueShadow

Banned
    Years
  • Hi everybody it's me, BlueShadow. Sorry, but I went to visit my grandma because she is sick. Now returning to the point...

hey blue shadow do you know a good pokemon that gives speed ev's so i can speed up my swampert

I am not an experience of EV training but I think that rattata gives you a EV for speed or you can try to use carbos to get a higher speed EV. Just get a lot of money using amulet coin.

TM Case Questions
    Spoiler:

I think that there was an error when you patched the .ips file to the firered rom. Just try it again. If it happens again try to get a different firered rom and don't try to hack it!

Years
    • Seen Jan 19, 2009
    so i was playing ya nasty good game,(v4 btw), then it hit me, wouldnt this be amazing on my iphone? right, right?? so i put it on and played it happily to realize, hot damn theres a v5! so i load it up and restart my game and unfortunatey, while playing on the iphone,start button crashes the game and this is a universal issue for the iphone players so i thought i would give you a heads up!!

So do you know what i can do or are you planning on a fix or anything of the sort? if not, whatevs ill play some v4 and some v5 when im on the PC.

But anyway thanks for the experience to have me re-live my favorite childhood game on steroids!! haha nice job ;)

Kikue

Pokemon Trainer
    Years
  • Hey, does anyone have any suggestions for a good moveset for Feraligator, Arcanine, Mistreavus, and Gengar? Where can you learn the move sword dance? If it's a tm, where can I find it? I have one last question, is there more than one place to get the tm hidden power? That's all I need to ask for now.

BlueShadow

Banned
    Years
  • Hey, does anyone have any suggestions for a good moveset for Feraligator, Arcanine, Mistreavus, and Gengar? Where can you learn the move sword dance? If it's a tm, where can I find it? I have one last question, is there more than one place to get the tm hidden power? That's all I need to ask for now.

You can get hidden power as a TM at the lake of rage. You need to get a little house all the way up through a tree maze.

I don't think that sword dance is a TM, but feraligator can learn it as an egg move.

Here are some example of good moves for Gengar and Feraligator
    Gengar:
    Hypnosis
    DreamEater
    Ice punch
    Thunder punch

Feraligator:
    Sword Dance(egg move)
    Slash
    Earthquake
    Brick Break

Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2011
    Thanks for the help. I'm already up to the last 2 gyms now, so I dunno if I'll restart, but I'll try it to find out if that's what was wrong. I've been using YAPE to hack the pokemon movesets of the pokemon in my team so they learn the TMs I'd teach them naturally.. XD

Anyway, I wouldn't recommend giving a Feraligator that move set, honestly. Feraligator's a water pokemon. If you just give it moves you'd teach a Tyranitar or something, you might as well have a Tyranitar, considering it has a much higher Attack rating. Also, Feraligator doesn't have the Special Defense or Speed to take advantage of Sword Dance (or at least a type combo that gives a lot of resistances). I'd recommend something more like this for Feraligator:

Surf
    Ice Beam
    Earthquake
    Brick Break

That gives it an offensive edge on Normal, Fire, Electrifc, Grass, Ice, Poison, Ground, Flying, Rock, Dragon, Dark, and Steel. If you liked BlueShadow's moveset for Feraligator, I'd still recommend something more along the lines of Scizor with a Scope Lens. Teach it Sword Dance, Fure Cutter, Slash, and Counter/Hyper Beam/Aerial Ace/whatever.

And for Gengar, Hypnosis only has a 60% accuracy, so it's not repliable at all. It's all on preference, but I don't even like using those power moves (thunder, blizzard, hydro pump, fire blast, megahorn, etc) that have around 80 acc, because you just can't rely on them, and moves like double team and such become a loooot more effective. You'd be better off going with Psychic and something else, I think. I'd try one of two move sets. Confuse Ray, Protect (use with Confuse Ray to stall for time after using Perish Song), Mean Look, and Perish Song (breed for this). If you're not very patient (especially since the above move sets make it slower to level your Gengar up to begin with... >_>) would be something like Psychic, Thunderbolt, Giga Drain, and a 4th move you like. Keep in mind that Gengar has a high special attack, but low attack. And ghost moves are attack based, not special attack.

Mistreavus, I'd use with that Confuse Ray, Protect, Mean Look, and Perish Song set, since her stats aren't really all that great. She learns all but Protect naturally.

And for Arcanine, well... Arcanine can't learn much except Fire and Normal attacks, so I'd recommend using another Fire Type instead, if you're using it because of it's stats. He's a good candidate for Overheat, since the only special attack moves he'll use are fire types anyway, unless you don't like the move. Well, I guess there's Crunch if you breed for it. Arcanine has enough speed that it could get away with a Bite/King's Rock (60% chance of flinching for the opponent every turn, so long as you attack first) lock, so consider that.

Flamethrower
    Secret Power (Use it for the additional effects. Similar to Body Slam.)
    Dig
    Bite (use with a King's Rock)

I hope this helps. ^^

Years
  • Problems, everyone??

...Maybe this is a problem,, but why the phone boxes are not showing in my SG?
    They are implemented on SG Beta 5 right?
    Then the defeated trainers won't give me any of their phone calls,, is this a glitch?

Also I can't find the 'Trick House' everyone has been talking about in this forum.. Where exactly is it?

By the way, I downloaded my SG at Whack-A-Hack site,, the name of the patch is Psg5,,
    Is THAT, by any chance, different from the SG Beta 5 patch posted on the SG thread?

I'll be thankful if anyone can answer me, especially Zel :).

~Regards

BlueShadow

Banned
    Years
  • Yeah it is the same file.
    That's really weird because I have B5 and there are phones in every city. Maybe there was a mistake while you were patching it.
    Not all the trainers will give you their phone number, just the ones that have weird names like "trainer1/1".
    To get their phone number, first defeat them. After you win talk to them again and they will ask you if you want to add their phone numbers and just say yes.
    And the trick house is on route 36 near where sudowoodo is.

Years
  • ...Oh,, I see,, thank you very much Mr. BlueShadow..!

The Trick House, is it located near the fat guy who gives you Rock Smash?

And so,, what should I do to fix the patching mistake?
    Do I have to restart all the game along with a new patch file?

I'll be thankful if anyone can answer me.

~Regards

Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2022
    Hmm,question here
    How does the EV works in this game? Is it like the original GSC (EVs are already decided when you get the Pokemon and you can raise it even at lvl 100 with the Computer trick) or is it like RSE where certain Pokemons gives you certain EVs and each 4 give you a stat increase?

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
  • Since the game is built on a FR base, the system is the same used for all the advance games, thus, the R/S/E one.

Kikue

Pokemon Trainer
    Years
  • Well, I've finally decided on the moves for my team! What do you think?

Feraligator
    surf
    ice punch
    sword dance
    earthquake

Arcanine
    flamethrower
    hidden power
    agility
    dig

Gengar/Misdreavus
    thunderbolt
    hypnosis/calm mind
    dream eater/taunt
    brick break/psybeam or hidden power

Kecleon
    substitute
    focus punch
    hidden power
    shadow ball

Vileplume
    sunny day
    moonlight
    solarbeam
    sludge bomb

Pidgeot
    fly
    toxic
    whirlwind
    featherdance

Gengar and Misdreavus are both there since I can't decide which to use. Which one should I use and give me full reason why. It's so hard to decide which ghost pokemon to use! >o< Thanks

Years
    • Seen Mar 29, 2009
    hello, I'm new and always wanted to play SG!

I have installed and patched everything. but after passing the start screen, the screen states : "The 1M Sub-Circuit board is not installed"

Please help!

I'm sorry if this has been answered already.

BlueShadow

Banned
    Years
  • ...Oh,, I see,, thank you very much Mr. BlueShadow..!

The Trick House, is it located near the fat guy who gives you Rock Smash?

And so,, what should I do to fix the patching mistake?
    Do I have to restart all the game along with a new patch file?

I'll be thankful if anyone can answer me.

~Regards

Yeah the trick house is near the fat guy.
    To fix it, just get a copy of a clean(without patching) firered rom and try to patch the .ips file to the clean rom and don't use the old save file. You have to restart it.

Hmm,question here
    How does the EV works in this game? Is it like the original GSC (EVs are already decided when you get the Pokemon and you can raise it even at lvl 100 with the Computer trick) or is it like RSE where certain Pokemons gives you certain EVs and each 4 give you a stat increase?

I think that it works the same as RSE.

Well, I've finally decided on the moves for my team! What do you think?

Feraligator
    surf
    ice punch
    sword dance
    earthquake

Arcanine
    flamethrower
    hidden power
    agility
    dig

Gengar/Misdreavus
    thunderbolt
    hypnosis/calm mind
    dream eater/taunt
    brick break/psybeam or hidden power

Kecleon
    substitute
    focus punch
    hidden power
    shadow ball

Vileplume
    sunny day
    moonlight
    solarbeam
    sludge bomb

Pidgeot
    fly
    toxic
    whirlwind
    featherdance

Gengar and Misdreavus are both there since I can't decide which to use. Which one should I use and give me full reason why. It's so hard to decide which ghost pokemon to use! >o< Thanks

I would choose misdreavus because it is a pure ghost type pokemon, but gengar has a high speed and sp. attack. I think that I would choose gengar because it has good speed and sp. attack. And I think that you should change brick break from gengar because gengar doesn't have good attack and the move would be weak. So if you want, change it for ice punch because in SG ice punch is a sp.attack move and it can be really useful agaisnt grass, dragon, ground, flying pokemon

By the way does somebody know where to find the TM for aerial ace???

Last edited:

Kikue

Pokemon Trainer
    Years
  • Yeah the trick house is near the fat guy.
    To fix it, just get a copy of a clean(without patching) firered rom and try to patch the .ips file to the clean rom and don't use the old save file. You have to restart it.

I think that it works the same as RSE.

I would choose misdreavus because it is a pure ghost type pokemon, but gengar has a high speed and sp. attack. I think that I would choose gengar because it has good speed and sp. attack. And I think that you should change brick break from gengar because gengar doesn't have good attack and the move would be weak. So if you want, change it for ice punch because in SG ice punch is a sp.attack move and it can be really useful agaisnt grass, dragon, ground, flying pokemon

By the way does somebody know where to find the TM for aerial ace???

I've decided to choose Gengar. Thanks for the suggestions.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back