• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

Hooh

Only if for a night.
Years
  • Seen Jan 11, 2015
@Kotomine

Filling up my last box.. very nerve wracking! I'm going for a shiny Sylveon (preferably male) to be a brother to my regular Sylveon. I also want to use him as a future Reflect wall and supporter in triples, and I jsut adore Sylveon and it's shiny color scheme.

I actually tried years ago when I was muuuuch younger for a shiny Eevee, but I gave up after like, 100 eggs. Impatience.

I'm nervous to go for a Zapdos on Heartgold after Eevee. 1/8,000 something isn't very encouraging.

Years
  • Seen Dec 13, 2013
Spoiler:

well, that showed up instead of Honedge, so i just decided to catch a regular one and continue on in the game. i may either go back to hunt for another or Breed it.

but, thats not all!

as im playing through the game, i find myself in Reflection Cave, riding about, doing what you normally do on your first playthrough, when:

Spoiler:

FREAKIN RANDOM SHINY MIME JR.!!!! thats only my THIRD random (not actually hunted for) shiny encounter!

also, happy belated birthday, LDD

Floette

Fairy Trainer
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Nov 14, 2013
I'm now up to 155 eggs hatched. Come on shiny Flabebe!

While I hatch eggs, I'm using Friend Safari to try and fill up some pages in my pokedex and shiny hunt. Once I get my Flabebe, I'll be MMing for a shiny Fletchling for a friend.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Dec 6, 2013
No shiny for me yet. I am currently at 830 eevee eggs hatched.

I am too scared to encounter wild pokemon right now because I might find a shiny before I get my shiny eevee. I hope I get it soon. So far, I have been hunting since around last thursday doing absolutely nothing on Y but hatching eggs.

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jan 5, 2018
name: natnew
shinies: ralts (poke radar), eevee (RNG shop), and geodude (poke radar)

Runasutaru

Guardian Spectre
Years
Decided to fish for a Shiny Skrelp for the laughs. Didn't expect to spend 89 Quick Balls and a Dive Ball (its ball) on that!

Still unsure if I'll keep him, but I'll nevertheless give him some training, TMs and many pettings.

I might start breeding for a pretty cool Hawlucha, soon - the IV breeding compels me! Maybe I'll get a Shiny during the process.

@Hooh54: I've been hatching Nincada on-and-off for a year or so, by now. No Masuda Method because I'm going for lots of IVs on Gen IV. Still no dice, but I doubt I'll ever have such a long hunt again.

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jan 5, 2018
how to use the poke radar effectively:
-first, pick a patch: normal or special
-when your chain is 0, go into any patch that is normal or special (that you chose)
-when your chain is 1-8, go in the grass patch in the farthest "ring" away that is your chosen patch type
-when your chain is 9-16, do above but use the patch in the closest "ring"
-when you chain is 17-18, do the same as 1-9
-if your chain is 19+, you're on your own (I don't know what to do...)
-if you find a sparkling patch, ignore all above rules, enter it, and get your shiny
-entering the wrong patch WILL result in the breaking of your chain
-use repels so you won't find random pokemon

^note above is only tested in D/P

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen May 1, 2014
Heya guys I'm new to this whole shiny hunting thing, been playing the games for years but never really tried to hunt them down. Runasutaru directed me to this club so I guess I'll be sticking around whilst I hunt for the shinies I crave :D

What drove me to join this club is getting 2 shinies in as many days, the first one being a shiny Clawitzer which I got pretty lucky with the fishing chains getting a modest 31 IV Clawitzer in a chain of about 10.

i.im gur.com/4ljO2Zk.jpg

i.im gur.com/SwHMLW0.jpg

The second one was a random masuda shiny Fletchling when I was trying to breed for good parents, unfortunately I did not get lucky with the nature/ability on this one but it at least has 31 in attack and defense due to the parents.

i.im gur.com/5TGVClp.jpg

i.im gur.com/SwHMLW0.jpg

Not sure who I will get next but who knows maybe the RNG gods will keep being as kind as they have, thanks for your time and good luck with your hunts!

P.S. Sorry for the bad quality pictures, my phone doesn't take them too well hehe

Lady Demoonica Darkmoon

Shiny Hunters Club Co-Owner
Years
Thank you all for the wonderful birthday wishes! The timing was against me though, I ended up only hatching about 2 boxes of Slugma on my birthday, because real life kept getting in the way. I did enjoy it though, and sent all the cute little Slugma out over Wonder Trade, I hope at least one person who got one was happy! :D

No new shinys to announce.

Welcome any new members.

Congrats an all new shiny catches.

@ Runa - Hun, I love shiny Skrepl, if you end up not wanting him, I'll be very happy to give it a home! Also, added your 3DS friendcode, give me an add back yeah? :D

Runasutaru

Guardian Spectre
Years
@LDD - Sure, that can be arranged! I'll give him a warm hug by EV training him in Super Training him first, though!

Runasutaru

Guardian Spectre
Years
@LDD: Nothing in particular. I'll let you surprise me!

Meanwhile, in other news:

I've decided to start the time and patience-consuming task of breeding for max IVs for Kangaskhan. In Gen III. On Fire Red. I want Body Slam for a Mega Kangaskhan.
Wish me luck with getting the IVs I want for it, because I have no Everstone, no Flame Body and no Power items to help me!

Maybe I'll get a Shiny? We'll have to see!

Lady Demoonica Darkmoon

Shiny Hunters Club Co-Owner
Years
Okay, well I have new friend safaris to look around in (no clue what is in them yet) So I'll be online in the game for a while. Poke me if you need me hun!

*hugs* Runa Xaideran is adorable!

Last edited:

Hooh

Only if for a night.
Years
  • Seen Jan 11, 2015
IT HATCHED OMG

IT HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATCHED

I'm still shaking. 913 eggs. The first egg from the daycare man, the 913th was shiny. And she's a girl. Honestly, I wanted a boy, but I will NOT complain. She's perfect, her name's Becky, and just oh. my. god.

I look at my screen and the Eevee was white. I thought I wouldn't notice it but IT WAS RIGHT THERE.

I promptly shut my DS and freak out.

Anyways, my first, hatched shiny <3 My very first, and so my hunt concludes.

Years
IT HATCHED OMG

IT HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATCHED

I'm still shaking. 913 eggs. The first egg from the daycare man, the 913th was shiny. And she's a girl. Honestly, I wanted a boy, but I will NOT complain. She's perfect, her name's Becky, and just oh. my. god.

I look at my screen and the Eevee was white. I thought I wouldn't notice it but IT WAS RIGHT THERE.

I promptly shut my DS and freak out.

Anyways, my first, hatched shiny <3 My very first, and so my hunt concludes.

Congrats on the shiny eevee!

No shinies on my front so my hunt continues.

Runasutaru

Guardian Spectre
Years
@Hooh54: Oh my! Grats on the Shiny Eevee! That's one Shiny that has eluded me for many, many eggs (albeit admittedly before I knew about Masuda Method).

What will be her evolution, if any? (Shiny Eevee is pretty cool on its own)

On a different front, I've started my very own Operation Vivillon, where I mass breed my Marine Scatterbugs with my Japanese Ditto, level them to Vivillon while exploring the Friend Safari and then play Vivillon Roulette on the GTS!

Of course, if anyone wants one (and can offer either a non-Elegant/Purple one or something else entirely), then feel free to ask for one!

Chr. Draco

Spatial Rift
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 6, 2024
just saying hello and congrats on all new catches.

sorry I haven't uploaded my pics yet, have been busy lately, also trying to take good pics , specially on the 3ds. hopefully i'll post them in my next post.

cya and happy hunting.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Feb 12, 2014
Hatched over 200 noibat eggs, but no shiny. well, i gotta keep working!

if the newborn Pokemons health becomes stronger, does it mean I'm close to a shiny? because all my newborns had 11 HP and now the have 12 HP

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
I've caught a shiny Clawitzer and a shiny Weedle so far in XY, yay! I'm currently using the chain fishing method to hook up a shiny Relicanth for my team, but it's seeming too easy compared to the old methods... I'm not sure I like shiny catching as such an easy activity now haha.

Back