• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

Years
  • Personally the idea of the legendaries all being shiny-locked isn't such a big deal to me, all things considered... I mean, I never really worried about finding shiny legendaries. I guess just the idea of having the legendaries at all was good enough for me. Still, it's kind of a disappointment that those things won't exist anymore... No more shiny Celebi for me. ;m;

Also, sorry I've been gone for a while -- but I added a shiny Meowstic to my team!

Nice, I like the shiny meowstic's. Which gender did you obtain?
    Myself, I prefer the male version but they are both fantastic.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
    Years
  • Yea, I'm also going to breed some starters where I want them to have their HA, but I really don't want them to have their original ability :x

Years
  • I have a shiny Sneasel(Weavile as soon as I can get my hands on a Razor Claw) and Feraligatr on my Y game, I hatched both of them using MM. I've been trying for a while to get a shiny Scraggy, been through a lot of eggs, no luck yet.

Years
  • 300 in one day with no results? That has to be frustrating. Do you do the lumiose city trick? Or just bike back in forth in the road in front of the day care?
    Personally, if I have a bunch of time I go to lumiose to hatch a decent amount. I stay near the day care if I only have time to hatch a few.
    Plus I get my son to do some of the biking for me since he loves to ride around in my game. He's three and I'm training him to be a next gen shiny hunter:)

Last edited:

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
    Years
  • My girlfriend does the same thing, she helps me hatch my eggs by biking in front of the daycare center, she loves seeing the Pokemon hatch from their eggs, she finds it cute :P

And if she hatch a shiny, she'll be like 'oh, I'm so good, I got a shiny and not you' xD

Years
  • My girlfriend does the same thing, she helps me hatch my eggs by biking in front of the daycare center, she loves seeing the Pokemon hatch from their eggs, she finds it cute :P

And if she hatch a shiny, she'll be like 'oh, I'm so good, I got a shiny and not you' xD

XD, I could see my wife saying the exact same thing if she was too hatch one as well.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
    Years
  • I would like to join this club. I own couple of shinies in Pokemon X, got them via Masuda, here's my album of them.

https://www.pokecommunity.com/album.php?albumid=9126

Currently I'm aiming for whole shiny Eeveelution team, meaning 8 Shiny Eevees. I have one currently, but with nature I don't desire. I want my shinies with specific natures.

You're so lucky having a shiny Charmander! I want one of those too! D:

Years
  • I would like to join this club. I own couple of shinies in Pokemon X, got them via Masuda, here's my album of them.

https://www.pokecommunity.com/album.php?albumid=9126

Currently I'm aiming for whole shiny Eeveelution team, meaning 8 Shiny Eevees. I have one currently, but with nature I don't desire. I want my shinies with specific natures.

That is indeed an impressive portfolio. I think if I ever had the time on a real computer, I might do that too.

Years
  • You're so lucky having a shiny Charmander! I want one of those too! D:

That is indeed an impressive portfolio. I think if I ever had the time on a real computer, I might do that too.

I got the first Char in Thursday and second one today. Also I'm breeding like 4-5 hours a day, since I have a job and stuff, when I have free time, I breed even up to 12 hours per day. Since 21st Nov I got like 18 shinies, but couple of them I gave to friends, so the collection in my album isn't complete.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2014
    Has anyone gotten the shiny charm yet? I got mine last friday and oh boy how crazy was the following day.

I went to the route with the stones (can't remember the name) to hunt for some yanma hordes. I wasn't planning on actually getting a shiny. Just whimsically hunting like I always do. Then out of the blue, on the 16th horde, pops a shiny yanma (called it cyanma because creativity).

After that I tried my luck with hordes again in azure bay since i've wanted a shiny wingull ever since I first saw how it looked. Being distracted, I didn't notice that on the 17th horde there was a shiny wingull until I hit the run away button. I was so FURIOUS to see that green-striped seagull vanish. I tried to reclaim it for the rest of the day and, when night came, I decided to switch to the safari, afraid that in the dark I'd barely notice the difference between blue stripes and green stripes.

In the electric safari where I found my first shiny emolga, while hunting for either electabuzz or luxio, I found another emolga, this time a male (I hate how its eyes turn yellow too). Still hungering for more, I switched to the rock safari, hoping to get a shiny shuckle. I was negated again and presented with a shiny magcargo instead. I called it gum because, seriously, it looks like a piece of gum with a rock on top.

Spend the whole sunday trying to reclaim my wingull and still no results (300 hordes atm), but nonetheless, I'm happy with all the other shinies I got in the process.

My opinion on locking shinies is pretty much the same as TSE's. If people go through all that work to get a shiny legendary, why deny them that priviledge. I mean seriously, even mewtwo and the birds are probably locked in X and Y. STOP IT GAME FREAK!! WE WANT SHINY LEGENDARIES!! (btw i should go sr for kyurem, why am i such a sloth :( )

Years
  • I got the first Char in Thursday and second one today. Also I'm breeding like 4-5 hours a day, since I have a job and stuff, when I have free time, I breed even up to 12 hours per day. Since 21st Nov I got like 18 shinies, but couple of them I gave to friends, so the collection in my album isn't complete.

I feel you about the job. I can't even get in 4-5 hours a day though. I might be lucky to get in 30-45 egg hatches during the week. Weekends are a little different. I have roughly about 6-7 hours of total playtime on the weekends.
    Having a wife and kid doesn't allow for much "me" time to shiny hunt. XD

Congrats on the new shinies Rezu

Years
  • I feel you about the job. I can't even get in 4-5 hours a day though. I might be lucky to get in 30-45 egg hatches during the week. Weekends are a little different. I have roughly about 6-7 hours of total playtime on the weekends.
    Having a wife and kid doesn't allow for much "me" time to shiny hunt. XD

Congrats on the new shinies Rezu

I sometimes wonder how some of the "adult" people have so much time for doing that stuff. Nolife is the only one word that comes to mind imo.

Back