• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

icycatelf

Alex
Years
  • Playing X after months of hunting in Black feels so refreshing! I still never got my Gen. V Shiny Vanillite, but this guy popped up in a random horde while I was looking for Bergmite (I already have a full-odds Avalugg in SWSH, but I don't like how it does the camera in those games when used in battle).

~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

I'm not sure if horde Shinies technically count as full-odds (I still see people arguing both sides), but I've been doting on him anyway.

EDIT: Switched over to HeartGold and found a Shiny Drowzee while looking for Nidoran-M.

EDIT 2: Hopped back over to Black, continuing my Gen. V Vanillite hunt, and found a Shiny Minccino. Now I've got a Shiny of every Pokémon on the route except Vanillite. Dx

Last edited:
    Years
  • I don't think I ever joined this club, so let's change that!

Crystal holds very special memories for me, and with the likely shutdown of Pokémon Bank sometime after the shop closes, I wanted to have a go at getting shiny Celebi from the Ilex Forest shrine while I could still send it over to Home.

I'm aware that there have been shiny Celebi events, and that it has been available in Go (I think) but I really wanted one from Ilex Forest in Crystal for sentimental reasons.

I went to see Kurt, gave him my GS ball, then went off attempting to catch shiny Suicune (with that gorgeous Gen 2 sprite) as a warm-up, while I waited for the 24 hours (and then some!) to pass. I found the beautiful creature after around 1000 resets!

Then it was finally on to one of my favourite locations in all of Pokémon, to try hunting the pink onion. This has always been a dream capture for me, so I had to try!

After 11 days, and 3,350+ resets (I think I missed counting a handful), I finally found it, and I'm sooooooo happy!

Both of the above were at full Gen 2 1/8192 odds, so I can't grumble!

icycatelf

Alex
    Years
  • Wanted a Shiny Apriball Dunsparce as well as a Shiny Dunsparce to follow me around in Gen. IV again, so here we are—meet Labyrinth!

No EV-training this one. Just wanting to do a casual playthrough with her. :)

I consider Dunsparce tied with Wartortle as my favorite Pokémon, but I don't use it a lot these days. I'm hoping this will change that.

Starlight said:
    I don't think I ever joined this club, so let's change that!
    Welcome to the club, and super hyper congrats on those Shinies!

I never had a legit Shiny Celebi in Gen. II, but I always enjoyed seeing it in Stadium 2 (even if hacked). Too bad VC can't connect to Nintendo Online's Stadium games... :/

Last edited:
    Years
  • All this talk of old school games like pokemon crystal and stadium has got me thinking about a question for all of you lovely shiny hunters. Several pokemon have had their shiny forms changed over the generations, or appear different in spin-off games like Colosseum. Sometimes the change is barely noticeable, at others times it's quite dramatic. I was wondering if there are any shinies from the past that you miss?

I always liked the way that shiny espeon looked in Stadium 2, more of pale sage, smoky, iridescent color, and wish that this was the shiny it had in games today. I don't like the broccoli-colored shiny.

I also liked the old GSC sprites from Umbreon a bit more, even though shiny Umbreon is still striking, the blue markings were just more intense, closer to indigo, and it's eyes also changed color too.

Last edited:

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
  • My favorite shiny in past games would be Typhlosion. Its visually less interesting in newer games. As for the opposite, I prefer newer shiny Rapidash more than the original. Here is a comparison of them:

Anyway, I found my first random full odds shiny in Let's Go Eevee. It was a wild Seel in Seafoam Islands. I barely noticed it! I also hunted for my first chain-combo one, a shiny Staryu. This took so long to chain that I am honestly discouraged from shiny hunting in Let's Go. My preferred methods are soft reset, breeding, or chaining. Here's my little Staryu:

icycatelf

Alex
    Years
  • Not a fan of most of the Stadium alt. Shinies, but some of them are neat. Espeon, Scyther, the Cubone line, Forretress, Teddiursa, and Fearow are among my faves. Can't say I'm particularly impressed with any of the Colosseum/XD alt. Shinies, though Caterpie looks pretty wild.

Comparing GSC sprites to modern Shiny colors, I think I prefer the original Shiny Blastoise, Raichu, Sandshrew, Kangaskhan, Eevee, Omanyte, Kabuto, and Misdreavus. (Nothing against modern Shiny Eevee, I just favor the darker grey because it makes me think of my cat.)

icycatelf

Alex
    Years
  • This one had been on the back burner for a while, but another thread inspired me to venture back to Hoenn.

Hunt inspired by a spotted-winged antlion I found in my room several years ago:

Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen May 15, 2024
    Just found out in Pokemon Battle Revolution you can shiny hunt for a Pokemon costume. Its 1/8192 odds and is pretty tedious as you have to battle 5 trainers(3 Pokemon each) each shiny check. The final trainer is wearing a Pokemon costume that can be shiny and you get it as a prize once defeating them.

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen May 15, 2024
    So far I have found three shinies in Scarlet

Lechonk (random encounter in the first area Lechonk can appear)
    Gastly x2 (apparently there are permanent outbreaks as I've been at the Drowzee/Gastly outbreak all week doing the knockout 60 and run around.)

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen May 15, 2024
    After knocking out 60 Girafarig and running around checking every one in the little area off the Pokemon center I found a full odds shiny Stuky. Then later on found my Girafarig.

The next day I knocked out 60 Tauros and 60 Girafarig with no luck.

Today I decided to move on and as I was leaving the area I still was checking spawns and found a full odds shiny Phanpy. Glad it was in a horde as that made it really stand out.

I accidentally ran into its friend so had to watch it run away as I got to the run button but managed to encounter it before it despawned.

icycatelf

Alex
    Years
  • Only recently got Scarlet. Just beat the main story yesterday and stumbled upon this today while grinding for raids:

Spoiler:

It was almost invisible in the cave. Fortunately, the light blue petals popped just enough to make me do a double take.

Named her Chion after bulbous "glory-of-the-snow" flowers (Chionodoxa). Now I just have to wait for some Ice dens to spawn so I change her Tera type to Ice!

G-Money

Polychromatic Iridescence
    Years
  • On March 21st, 2022, I was scaling the slopes of Mount Coronet in the fleeting rays of the late afternoon sun. My Brilliant Diamond campaign was coming along marvelously, although I had yet to find a shiny.

Suddenly, I saw an unusually-colored creature attack me on the snowy mountain - a green Bronzong!

My heart dropped, and I gasped in astonishment! A shiny during my main play of a game, without specifically hunting one? Could it be?

The green looked really striking in contrast to Bronzong's normal purplish-blue, and I thought that this was a really cool shiny! I threw a Ball, and when Bronzong popped back out, I didn't see any sparkles or stars swirling about, but I couldn't remember whether that only happens at the beginning of an encounter and I just wasn't paying attention, or whether it happens every time they come out of a Ball. It probably wouldn't shine after every failed capture attempt, right?

I tossed another Ball and captured my shimmering green hunk of metal, and I proceeded to face Dialga (and enjoy the greatest battle music in all of Pokémon during the climactic confrontation atop Mount Coronet!). When I returned to my PC Boxes, I checked out that nifty green Bronzong I had captured...

...and it wasn't shiny at all!!!!!!!! :pink_disbelief: It turns out that green Bronzong aren't shinies - he just has the cool distinction of looking green in the late afternoon, for a cool time-of-day specialty that makes him appear totally different based on the light refraction or whatever, "lol!" I later confirmed this a few months later by watching some Bronzong in Legends: Arceus (greatest Pokémon game of all time??) as the day shifted to afternoon, and sure enough, they all turned green!!!! :disbelief:

Later on in Legends: Arceus I found a shiny Heracross and in one of those massive mass outbreaks, a shiny Ursaring. They both had research level 10 when I found them.

I'd also like to give a huge congrats to Maserati for finding the first shiny of GenIX!!!!!!! And a shout-out to icycat for a prolific year of successful shiny hunts and being the 2022 Shiny Hunter MVP, "lol!"

Welcome to all the new members and may we have many more years of shiny hunting triumphs here at the SHC!!! May all your Bronzong be shiny, and not nefarious green deceivers!!!! :laugh:

icycatelf

Alex
    Years
  • I didn't know that about Bronzong! How deceptive! D:<

Stumbled across a full-odds Maschiff the other day and lost a random Veluza to Final Gambit. Currently bouncing between Snivy (Black 2) and Skrelp/Dragalge (Scarlet) hunts.

EDIT: Glimpsed and caught a Shiny Gogoat on the shore while hunting Skrelp/Dragalge. And a Lokix...

UPDATE: Got my handsome blue snek! <3

Gonna name him Tuck whenever I reach the name rater. From Kentucky, because "blue grass snake" sounds similar to "Bluegrass State."

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen May 15, 2024
    So my shinies so far in Scarlet/Violet (no charm and haven't beaten the game)

Lechonk (RE)
    Gastly (not outbreak, 60 knockouts)
    Gastly (not outbreak, 60 knockouts)
    Stunky (RE)
    Girafarig (not outbreak, 60 knockouts)
    Phanpy (RE)
    Shellder (RE)
    Buizel (outbreak)
    Girafarig (RE)
    Buizel (outbreak)
    Bombirdier (outbreak, 30 knockouts)
    Gastly (RE)
    Drowzee (not outbreak, 60 knockouts)
    Shellder (outbreak)
    Drowzee (RE)
    Flittle (outbreak)
    Magikarp (outbreak)
    Gastly (RE)
    Mankey (not outbreak, 60 knockouts)
    Gyarados (outbreak)
    Falinks (not outbreak, 60 knockouts)
    Klefki (outbreak)
    Magnemite (outbreak)
    Psyduck (RE)
    Drifloon (outbreak)
    Combee (outbreak)
    Drednaw (outbreak)
    Flittle (outbreak)

All outbreaks are 60 knockouts unless otherwise stated. All random encounters are full odds. I found out if a Pokemon on the map doesn't have the glowing symbol behind it it isn't an outbreak. Also learned certain sandwiches can make Pokemon spawn in areas they won't spawn much without the encounter sandwich.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen May 15, 2024
    Qwilfish (outbreak)
    Wattrel (outbreak)

Yesterday I went to a Vaporeon outbreak and kept getting attacked by Veluza when 1 ended up being green instead of purple.

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen May 15, 2024
    Cufant (RE)
    Magikarp (RE)
    Oricorio (not outbreak, 60 knockouts)
    Azurill x2 (outbreak)
    Dratini (outbreak)
    Tadbulb (outbreak)
    Venomoth (outbreak)
    Shuppet x2 (outbreak)
    Deerling (RE)
    Tatugiri (outbreak)
    Larvitar (outbreak)
    Flittle (RE)
    Mudbray (outbreak)
    Forretress (5 knockouts at an outbreak)
    Finizen x2 (outbreak)
    Magikarp (RE)
    Igglybuff (Not outbreak, 60 knockouts)
    Dondozo (outbreak)

icycatelf

Alex
    Years
  • With Bank supposedly becoming free next month, I've been trying for a moth Pokémon that I can transfer to AS in an effort to make my Secret Base team more "me." Honestly would've preferred using Mothim here, but I figured hunting something new would be more worthwhile and I've been interested in Shiny Venomoth for a long time.

Caught as Venonat.

I considered naming him Philenor (or Phil for short) after the toxic "blue swallowtail," but I liked Caelus—another name for Uranus—more. After the butterfly-like "Uranus moths" that probably inspired Venomoth.

Last edited:

G-Money

Polychromatic Iridescence
    Years
  • It's time for March Madness!!!!!!!

This March, the SHC will be hosting a great shiny hunt!!! Catch as many shinies as you can - in any game, by any method - and the hunter with the most shinies caught between March 1st and March 31st will receive a tremendous prize, courtesy of the generous VisionofMilotic!!!

Best of luck to all competitors, and may you all have a prosperous month of hunting!!! :boogie:

Years
  • My jaw dropped at the good fortune I had on Pokemon Shield. It happened at the start of this week. I was breeding for shiny Dreepy, and hatched a shiny on only the 90th egg! Of course I was happy about, but was so stunned to register the excitement, I just gasped and double-checked in disbelief a few times, and sat there in silent awe, before gathering my wits and saving the game-- I saved 4 or 5 times just to be sure that i had. This appeared so fast that it feels like a dream. I am looking forward to watching this cool dragon lady turn into a shiny Dragapult. I am changing the name of the dreepy that fathered her to SonofHeaven, like the emperor, to honor this pokemon's greatness for bringing this shiny into the world.

Not entering G-Money's contest, just making a little post so that my fellow shiny hunters will be proud of me ^_^

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
  • March Madness, awesome! I'd like to join. I am currently soft resetting for a shiny Latios in Alpha Sapphire and shiny Reshiram in Omega Ruby.

I've caught at least about 30 shiny Pokemon in Violet since it was released. I feel like it's tooooo easy to obtain shinies in S/V, but they are fun to obtain nonetheless. Some of my favorites include Scizor, Weavile, Azumarill, Gogoat, Dragapult, and some of the Violet Paradox forms.

I actually started making a Google Doc spreadsheet compiling my shiny Pokemon. Roughly half of my ~200 shinies come from Pokemon Go.
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...ouid=115612768067843606692&rtpof=true&sd=true

Edit: Recent Shiny captures so far
    1. Hisuan Avalugg in PLA (outbreak) on March 13th
    2. Mothim in PLA (randomly) on March 23rd
    3. Cyndaquil in PLA (outbreak) on March 24th (video below)
    4. Bramblin in Violet (randomly) on March 26th (video below)

Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Back