• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your Dream Teams

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    What would be your dream pokemon team for each region/generation, especially if you reached Red status as a trainer? Who would you imagine to be your Ace? I'm always eager to see everyone's dream squads.

I'll give my own as example

Kanto: Raichu, Aerodactyl, Starmie, Venusaur, Nidoking, Gengar
    Johto: Skarmory, Houndoom, Espeon, Umbreon (Raikou if champion), Miltank, Tyranitar
    Hoenn: Absol, Flygon, Zangoose, Gorebyss, Grumpig, Blaziken
    Sinnoh: Infernape, Spiritomb, Gastrodon, Electivire, Weavile, Gliscor
    Unova: Galvantula, Archeops, Snivy (Pokepark ftw), Mienshao, Bisharp, Hydreigon
    Kalos: Noivern, Gogoat, Meowstic (Female), Braixen, Malamar, Gyarados (Mega)
    Alola: Incineroar, Raichu (Alola), Toxapex, Mimikyu, Ribombee( Nicknamed Anne, catch the reference?), Lycanrock (Dusk)
    Galar: Cinderace, Grimmsnarl, Corviknight. Toxtricity(Amped), Runerigus, Dracozolt
    Hisui: Hisuian Samurott, Hisuian Zoroark, Hisuian Lilligant, Hisuian Sneasel, Kleavor, Basculegion

You can choose to keep it limited to pokemon released in each generation or use each game's regional pokedex. And though I didn't, you may also add a known mega to any team.

Last edited:

Sweet Serenity

Advocate of Truth
    Years
    I never liked playing Pokémon that way, specifically. Instead, I always preferred to use a mixture of different Pokémon from different generations, as many of my all-time favorites come from different generations. I don't like playing Pokémon with too many limitations based upon what I can do.

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    I'm the exact opposite, I very rarely use something in my team that can't be caught during the storyline as I play so slowly it takes me forever to use them all!

That said I already assembled my dream team in Johto - for Pokéathlon at least - of Raikou, Entei, and Suicune. Got them to win every single event, smash every record etc. so I got the room with the statues!

The other dream team for that mini game would be all three Sinjoh Ruins legendaries. The Johto beasts are one thing, but I love the idea of all these people lining up with their beloved Furret etc for the hurdles and Ethan rocking up with DIALGA, GOD OF TIME, who just slows time and lazily drifts over the course. Or that annoying disc catch one, with Giratina just constantly vanishing, materialising behind, like, a Clefairy and screeching so hard it joins Arceus in the afterlife, then using one of its ghost tentacles to grab the disc!

Last edited:
    I don't have one for each generation, but I absolutely know that my dream team should consist of Flareon, Raichu (Kanto), and Cinccino at the very least. They mean a lot to me and are part of my self-insert OC's team. I'm still struggling with fitting 3 more on her team, there are so many mons I like but it's hard to find a complete team that clicks the same way these three do!

soulzzii

We don't wanna watch the news, we just read statem
    Years
    • Seen May 16, 2023
    I don't have one for each generation, but I absolutely know that my dream team should consist of Flareon, Raichu (Kanto), and Cinccino at the very least.
    I gotta say, Cinccino was such a pleasant suprise when i used it on my radical red team! double slap + skill link + sing really made it a fun mon to use in battles!
    Well, i gotta admit i dont have one for each gen, but for now it would be:
    Sylveon (my ace)
    Cinderace (with libero)
    Lucario (probably with Lucarionite to go mega if it could)
    Luxray
    Cinccino
    Frosslass/Glaceon
    I guess the last 3 can change depending on the games i play or how im feeling, but the first three are my favorites!

icycatelf

Alex
    Years
    Not competitive by any means, just some of my faves. (Opted to go by generation instead of regional dex since it was too hard to squeeze my faves into most of them.)

Also giving myself one Shiny per Gen. because why not?

Kanto: Wartortle, Sandslash, Lickitung, Shiny Flareon, Lapras, and Magneton
    Omanyte is more significant to me than Lapras, but I prefer using Lapras more in-game.

Johto: Shiny Dunsparce, Sneasel, Furret, Quilava, Umbreon, and Porygon2
    Only using one starter. Also, shout-out to Misdreavus, Tyrogue, and Kingdra!

Hoenn: Shedinja, Chimecho, Shiny Zangoose, Flygon, Nuzleaf, and Walrein

Sinnoh: Leafeon, Shiny Mothim, Luxio, Froslass, Glaceon, and Gallade

Unova: Shiny Vanillite, Oshawott, Purrloin, Joltik, Whimsicott, and Volcarona
    For a "better" team, swap 1-4 with their final evolutions. I don't hate them.

Kalos: Meowstic-M, Shiny Avalugg, Dragalge, Mega Manectric, Aurorus, and Talonflame
    If XY had ever been patched with the ORAS Megas, I'd probably swap M-Manectric with Beedrill and that would be my Shiny instead.

Alola: Alolan Sandslash, Shiny Midday Lycanroc, Alolan Vulpix (or Ninetales), Torracat, Ribombee, and Lurantis

Galar: Shiny Frosmoth, G-Max Centiskorch, Ruby Cream Berry Alcremie, Nickit, Cursola, and Arctozolt
    Was torn between Appletun and Arctozolt. Went with the latter because it vaguely reminds me of a monster I made up years ago.

Last edited:
    Years
    I normally try to avoid type overlap on my teams, but most of these ended up having a repeat type lol 😅
    Plus they are likely change a bit over time... xD

Kanto: Nidoqueen, Lapras, Kangaskhan, Vaporeon, Aerodactyl, Ninetales

Johto: Meganium, Crobat, Kingdra, Espeon, Scizor, Porygon2.

Hoenn: Swampert, Gardevoir, Breloom, Milotic, Banette, Salamence
    I love both Salamence and Metagross, so I had a hard time choosing between them =\

Sinnoh: Empoleon, Lopunny, Mismagius, Leafeon, Glaceon, Froslass

Unova: Serperior, Volcarona, Gigalith, Haxorus, Gothitelle, Bisharp

Kalos: Delphox, Florges, Meowstic (Male), Aurorus, Sylveon, Goodra

Alola: Primarina, Vikavolt, Salazzle, Tsareena, Kommo-o, Pheromosa

Galar: Rillaboom, Toxtricity, Hatterene, Falinks, Indeedee, Centiskorch

Hisui: Hisuian Decidueye, Basculegion, Ursaluna, Machamp, Mamoswine, Hisuian Braviary

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    I don't have one for each generation, but I absolutely know that my dream team should consist of Flareon, Raichu (Kanto), and Cinccino at the very least. They mean a lot to me and are part of my self-insert OC's team. I'm still struggling with fitting 3 more on her team, there are so many mons I like but it's hard to find a complete team that clicks the same way these three do!

It's perfectly fine if you don't have a team for each generation I added that to cover bases for people who had multiple Pokémon to mention. It's very cool to me that you're attached to your choices. The Pokémon that I chose were for their company, as well as the ones that suited me best...and possibly some game influence (I want that Pokken Tournament Braixen so bad~)

I gotta say, Cinccino was such a pleasant suprise when i used it on my radical red team! double slap + skill link + sing really made it a fun mon to use in battles!
    Well, i gotta admit i dont have one for each gen, but for now it would be:
    Sylveon (my ace)
    Cinderace (with libero)
    Lucario (probably with Lucarionite to go mega if it could)
    Luxray
    Cinccino
    Frosslass/Glaceon
    I guess the last 3 can change depending on the games i play or how im feeling, but the first three are my favorites!

Nice team! Sylveon is favorite of mine too, yet the demure gaze of female Meowstic clicked with me more. That said Sylveon being your ace is so cool and Cinccino is a cute lil menace.

Also... A Pokémon that proved unexpectedly fun for me to use in Radical Red was Volbeat. Prankster Encore to punish setup got me many first try wins in Hardcore mode.

Not competitive by any means, just some of my faves. (Opted to go by generation instead of regional dex since it was too hard to squeeze my faves into most of them.)

Also giving myself one Shiny per Gen. because why not?

Kanto: Wartortle, Sandslash, Lickitung, Shiny Flareon, Lapras, and Magneton
    Omanyte is more significant to me than Lapras, but I prefer using Lapras more in-game.

Johto: Shiny Dunsparce, Sneasel, Furret, Quilava, Umbreon, and Porygon2
    Only using one starter. Also, shout-out to Misdreavus, Tyrogue, and Kingdra!

Hoenn: Shedinja, Chimecho, Shiny Zangoose, Flygon, Nuzleaf, and Walrein

Sinnoh: Leafeon, Shiny Mothim, Luxio, Froslass, Glaceon, and Gallade

Unova: Shiny Vanillite, Oshawott, Purrloin, Joltik, Whimsicott, and Volcarona
    For a "better" team, swap 1-4 with their final evolutions. I don't hate them.

Kalos: Meowstic-M, Shiny Avalugg, Dragalge, Mega Manectric, Aurorus, and Talonflame
    If XY had ever been patched with the ORAS Megas, I'd probably swap M-Manectric with Beedrill and that would be my Shiny instead.

Alola: Alolan Sandslash, Shiny Midday Lycanroc, Alolan Vulpix (or Ninetales), Torracat, Ribombee, and Lurantis

Galar: Shiny Frosmoth, G-Max Centiskorch, Ruby Cream Berry Alcremie, Nickit, Cursola, and Arctozolt
    Was torn between Appletun and Arctozolt. Went with the latter because it vaguely reminds me of a monster I made up years ago.

Cool Teams! Adding Shinies was a nice touch. Glad some NFEs are getting respect. Quilava, and Torracat (As well as Snivy and Braixen, *nudge nudge*), are such great evos it actually hurts to evolve them in games.

No worries. Being competitive is part of it, sure, yet it's also about what Pokémon would suit you best, are attached to, or would be awesome to have, all with the optional mentality of being a traveling trainer battling with these same Pokémon. (Think the anime, Ash had a lot of NFEs, right?)

I normally try to avoid type overlap on my teams, but most of these ended up having a repeat type lol 😅
    Plus they are likely change a bit over time... xD

Kanto: Nidoqueen, Lapras, Kangaskhan, Vaporeon, Aerodactyl, Ninetales

Johto: Meganium, Crobat, Kingdra, Espeon, Scizor, Porygon2.

Hoenn: Swampert, Gardevoir, Breloom, Milotic, Banette, Salamence
    I love both Salamence and Metagross, so I had a hard time choosing between them =\

Sinnoh: Empoleon, Lopunny, Mismagius, Leafeon, Glaceon, Froslass

Unova: Serperior, Volcarona, Gigalith, Haxorus, Gothitelle, Bisharp

Kalos: Delphox, Florges, Meowstic (Male), Aurorus, Sylveon, Goodra

Alola: Primarina, Vikavolt, Salazzle, Tsareena, Kommo-o, Pheromosa

Galar: Rillaboom, Toxtricity, Hatterene, Falinks, Indeedee, Centiskorch

Hisui: Hisuian Decidueye, Basculegion, Ursaluna, Machamp, Mamoswine, Hisuian Braviary

Fierce teams! Looking at your Sinnoh team, I'm glad I'm see you also rock double eeveelutions. I'd hate to fight you in Alola though, Salazzle and Pheramosa are a bad time for me.

Also thanks for reminding me that I left out Hisui! Gonna change that later.

Last edited:

icycatelf

Alex
    Years
    Cool Teams! Adding Shinies was a nice touch. Glad some NFEs are getting respect. Quilava, and Torracat (As well as Snivy and Braixen, *nudge nudge*), are such great evos it actually hurts to evolve them in games.

No worries. Being competitive is part of it, sure, yet it's also about what Pokémon would suit you best, are attached to, or would be awesome to have, all with the optional mentality of being a traveling trainer battling with these same Pokémon. (Think the anime, Ash had a lot of NFEs, right?)

This got me thinking about another team idea. I started my adventure in Johto, so here's a team based on some of my most cherished Pokémon from the Johto-based games. They're all Shiny, but I'm only keeping one as Shiny for realistic purposes. (Combining Johto and Kanto since you can't catch Misdreavus until post-Kanto.)

Johto-Kanto (GSC, HGSS): Shiny Dunsparce, Wartortle, Sneasel, Mothim, Magneton, and Misdreavus
    Corsola may actually be my most-prized Johto Shiny, but I excluded it since it along with a lot of primarily aquatic Pokémon are hard for me to imagine using IRL. Excluding humanoid Pokémon like Tyrogue for the same reason (and Eevee for more variety since I've got another Eeveelution below.) Mothim may not be in the Johto Pokédex, but you can catch it in HGSS!

And if I keep this as a base for future teams while limiting myself to regional dexes and updating with newer (Shiny) Pokémon:

Hoenn (RSE, ORAS): Shedinja, Zangoose, Magneton, Flygon, Sandshrew, and Crobat

Sinnoh (DPPt): Mothim, Luxio, Sneasel, Omanyte, Porygon2, and Magneton

Unova (BW, BW2): Shiny Dunsparce, Sneasel, Magneton, Zangoose, Chimecho, and Sandshrew

Kalos (XY): Shiny Dunsparce, Wartortle, Meowstic-M, Shedinja, Flareon, and Mothim
    I generally prefer Sneasel over Meowstic, but I think I'm more attached to my Shiny Meowstic than any of my Shiny Sneasels.

Alola (SM, USM): Shiny Dunsparce, Alolan Sandslash, Flareon, Magneton, Misdreavus, and Porygon2

Galar (SWSH+DLC): Shiny Dunsparce, Wartortle, Shedinja, Flareon, Frosmoth, and Porygon2

- - -

EDIT: Swapped Altaria out for a (Shiny) Flygon I recently caught.

Also, would you consider the Sevii Islands their own region or an extension of Kanto? I've also got a Furret and Persian from there that I might try to squeeze in.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    This got me thinking about another team idea. I started my adventure in Johto, so here's a team based on some of my most cherished Pokémon from the Johto-based games. They're all Shiny, but I'm only keeping one as Shiny for realistic purposes. (Combining Johto and Kanto since you can't catch Misdreavus until post-Kanto.)

Johto-Kanto (GSC, HGSS): Shiny Dunsparce, Wartortle, Sneasel, Mothim, Magneton, and Misdreavus
    Corsola may actually be my most-prized Johto Shiny, but I excluded it since it along with a lot of primarily aquatic Pokémon are hard for me to imagine using IRL. Excluding humanoid Pokémon like Tyrogue for the same reason (and Eevee for more variety since I've got another Eeveelution below.) Mothim may not be in the Johto Pokédex, but you can catch it in HGSS!

And if I keep this as a base for future teams while limiting myself to regional dexes and updating with newer (Shiny) Pokémon:

Hoenn (RSE, ORAS): Shedinja, Zangoose, Magneton, Flygon, Sandshrew, and Crobat

Sinnoh (DPPt): Mothim, Luxio, Sneasel, Omanyte, Porygon2, and Magneton

Unova (BW, BW2): Shiny Dunsparce, Sneasel, Magneton, Zangoose, Chimecho, and Sandshrew

Kalos (XY): Shiny Dunsparce, Wartortle, Meowstic-M, Shedinja, Flareon, and Mothim
    I generally prefer Sneasel over Meowstic, but I think I'm more attached to my Shiny Meowstic than any of my Shiny Sneasels.

Alola (SM, USM): Shiny Dunsparce, Alolan Sandslash, Flareon, Magneton, Misdreavus, and Porygon2

Galar (SWSH+DLC): Shiny Dunsparce, Wartortle, Shedinja, Flareon, Frosmoth, and Porygon2

- - -

EDIT: Swapped Altaria out for a (Shiny) Flygon I recently caught.

Also, would you consider the Sevii Islands their own region or an extension of Kanto? I've also got a Furret and Persian from there that I might try to squeeze in.

So these are the pokemon you'd have in an Journey context? The loyalty to certain Pokémon shown here is so cool and unique! Question: Seeing the same pokemon (So much Magneton and
    Shiny Dunsparce) on your lists, does this mean you would have them on your team constantly until a certain point (For example, keeping Magneton in your Johto to Unova tour, but box it when you find what you like in Kalos?), or do you catch multiple of the same species? Just for sake of context. Either way is fine by me.

Also, I personally considered the sevii islands as an extension of Kanto cuz FR (and that an Kanto Elite four lives there), but by all means add it to your list and show me that team. If you want, we can think of it as the "Orange Islands" team too, just because (I really want to play a completed Orange Islands game...).

Last edited:

icycatelf

Alex
    Years
    So these are the pokemon you'd have in an Journey context? The loyalty to certain Pokémon shown here is so cool and unique! Question: Seeing the same pokemon (So much Magneton and Shiny Dunsparce) on your lists, does this mean you would have them on your team constantly until a certain point (For example, keeping Magneton in your Johto to Unova tour, but box it when you find what you like in Kalos?), or do you catch multiple of the same species? Just for sake of context. Either way is fine by me.

Also, I personally considered the sevii islands as an extension of Kanto cuz FR (and that an Kanto Elite four lives there), but by all means add it to your list and show me that team. If you want, we can think of it as the "Orange Islands" team too, just because (I really want to play a completed Orange Islands game...).

Tbh, it would probably be a mix of this, my original post (general faves), and Pokémon I could imagine having IRL. I'll have to think about it and make another post sometime!

(It's the same individual. Though Magneton can be caught in Hoenn, I'd be using the same Magneton I caught in Johto.)

Years
    This is such a fun question!

Kanto: Ninetales, Lapras, Gengar, Butterfree, Dragonite, & Charizard

Johto: Meganium, Espeon, Crobat, Umbreon, Ampharos, & Typhlosion

Hoenn: Blaziken, Beautifly, Milotic, Sceptile, Salamence, & Gardevoir

Sinnoh: Mismagius, Lopunny, Glaceon, Togekiss, Garchomp, & Roserade

Unova: Liligant, Samurott, Cinccino, Liepard, Chandelure, & Gothitelle/Serperior

Kalos: Vivillon, Talonflame, Sylveon, Aurorus, Goodra, & Florges

Alola: Primarina, Tsareena/Lurantis, Alolan Ninetales, Ribombee, Incineroar, & Palossand

Galar: Galarian Rapidash, Dragapult, Frosmoth, Corviknight, Hatterne, Gigantamax Alcremie/Gigantamax Toxtricity

Last edited:
    Years
    If I was able to choose across all generations? Probably something like...

Mimikyu, Corsola, Hoppip, Misdreavus, Bulbasaur, and Stufful/Bewear.

I feel like this team is easily defeated...

Back