• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

Years
Shadow Chaos said:
I ain't a Shiny Hunter, but I caught myself a Shiny Taillow a few days back!
I'm pretty sure that if you find another shiny or two, you'll be hopelessly addicted like the rest of us. ;) You're in if you want to be. :)

More on my shiny Delibird hunt:
I haven't been doing much lately, since I've been busy with other things, but here's the regiment. I'll hatch a group ('generation') of 12 delibirds, then take the top male and top female (for some reason, females are a boat load more common than males; 2 out of 12 were male in the first batch), in terms of IVs, and breed them to create the next generation. (All brothers and sisters, majorly wrong, but it works! XD Also, it's the best way to breed for IVs. o.o)

I've read the whole thread now, *whew*, up to my joining and the Pkmaster Purjury (I hereby make that the official name. Latios Lover, this is in the past; you're welcome so long as you can stay clean. *hint*), and I've discovered its precursor, the long-since-locked Shiny Hunters Thread, and I'm reading that. Boy, I have too much time, but what shiny hunter doesn't?

Years
femandawg said:
ok i finally caught a shiny to prove myself to you guys i have a black zubat may i join your club oh and if im accepted i will try to catch shinies immediately!
Yeh, pretty much everyone's accepted immediately, so you're in. BTW, you don't need to own any shinies to join this club. (though I'll make fun of you with one of my shiny cards if you don't ;))

And just to add a shameless plug to this otherwise plain post, anyone who's played any Command & Conquer should really sign the Tiberian Sun Open Source petition. It may very well be the single most important thing to save this dwindling series, which pretty much made the genre. The address: http://www.petitiononline.com/opentsun/petition.html

Years
Oh, Shuckle, here's the official Emerald text. [Edit: Got your PM at SPP. Next time, please wait for me to read it before using such a banner. thxbye!]

Edit2: Lol, while training my Drat, my Tyrogue egg finally hatched. Rash. >_<

Last edited:

Iron Spriter Josh

Noob Terminator
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen May 11, 2006
MetalMario said:
I'm pretty sure that if you find another shiny or two, you'll be hopelessly addicted like the rest of us. ;) You're in if you want to be. :)

More on my shiny Delibird hunt:
I haven't been doing much lately, since I've been busy with other things, but here's the regiment. I'll hatch a group ('generation') of 12 delibirds, then take the top male and top female (for some reason, females are a boat load more common than males; 2 out of 12 were male in the first batch), in terms of IVs, and breed them to create the next generation. (All brothers and sisters, majorly wrong, but it works! XD Also, it's the best way to breed for IVs. o.o)

I've read the whole thread now, *whew*, up to my joining and the Pkmaster Purjury (I hereby make that the official name. Latios Lover, this is in the past; you're welcome so long as you can stay clean. *hint*), and I've discovered its precursor, the long-since-locked Shiny Hunters Thread, and I'm reading that. Boy, I have too much time, but what shiny hunter doesn't?

can you give meh the link to the old S.h. club?

Eig

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Sep 30, 2008
Can i join? I have LOTS of shinies, i will don't tell about all, that could take one page! But i have now about 10 shiny Gulpins and one shiny Swalot, i know about these...

neopolis3

Wee, Unown!
Years
Eig said:
Can i join? I have LOTS of shinies, i will don't tell about all, that could take one page! But i have now about 10 shiny Gulpins and one shiny Swalot, i know about these...
I find that very hard to believe... I believe you either cheated, or are making this up. Either that, or you're the most lucky person on earth. :\

Eig

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Sep 30, 2008
I'm not making this up. Okay, i don't have "3 boxes full of shines" or something, but i have many shinies. And i'm not cheating. And that Gulpins - newly hatched, and one old shiny Gulpin trained to be Swalot, so...

Years
  • Age 34
  • UK
  • Seen Mar 26, 2013
So Eig your saying you have "a lot of shinys" (very hard to believe) most people know exactly how many they have if they are being truthfull, would you care to list each one? also how you got them? if not then we won't be able to accept you

Seth30

charmander FREAK
Years
save in front of the pokeball and just keep on its going to be hard to tell because the shell will be green and you cant really see it that well

Years
  • Age 34
  • UK
  • Seen Mar 26, 2013
mmhmm, thats the only (slow) way to get it, it mite take a while but dont give up!
Shiny update: still no luck with Ponyta but i will get it eventually! and i know officialy hate Meowths (they pop up all the time!)

EDIT: *points* look 3000'th post OMFG!

Iron Spriter Josh

Noob Terminator
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen May 11, 2006
femandawg said:
thanks its appreciated ive been trying all day but im still lookin
i believe there is two ways of getting a shiny starter, one is by obtaining it form the professers, and the second one was by breeding the starter with a ditto, then when the egg reaches "It's Making sounds! its about to hatch!" you save every ten steps.

Eig said:
I'm not making this up. Okay, i don't have "3 boxes full of shines" or something, but i have many shinies. And i'm not cheating. And that Gulpins - newly hatched, and one old shiny Gulpin trained to be Swalot, so...
we're gonna need pictures of each shinie's Ot, location, and ball, or juss the front page of it.

Edit2: found a shiny larvitar on my way to the unknown ruins ^_^
now to train it, and remember metal,im not gonna request for another shiny card until i reach 12

Years
  • Age 34
  • UK
  • Seen Mar 26, 2013
i dont think thats true, i herd that its determaned if its shiny or not when you recive it, so saving before it hatched wont do any good

Back