• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

shido

Blood Sucker
Years
BLEGH i know wut you mean my friend got a shiny charmander last night which jsu makes me more upset that i dont have a shiny mudkip after THREE WHOLE WEEKS OF NONSTOP RESETTING then to top it off we're in a shiny hunt contest so now i have to get a charm too jus to show him up !!!

he has charmander FR diglet FR machop saphire

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Oct 15, 2012
Lt. Surge's Raichu said:
wtf, lol if i am spamming, then you are spamming
Actually, he made a comment about how he was going to be shiny hunting later, ergo, on topic. We aren't too tough on spam here, a lot of our posts are just kinda conversational and useless. It would get boring if they weren't; it'd just be, "I can't find shinies... but I'm looking!" with the ocational, "OMGSHINY!"
So, feel free to be conversational, but let's try to avoid spam. If you don't really have anything to say, but want to kinda jump into a conversation, just tag on at the end something about, "Still looking for Clefairies..." (That's what I do).
Anyway! I got back into my habit of midnight shiny hunting last night! I had a really good feeling that I was going to catch one, but... I almost always do! Shiny Hunting has probably given me more false hope than anything else (except maybe Santa?) Ah well! Both shiny hunting and santa are kickass, so it's all good!
I'm still hunting down the effing Clefairies! Grrarrr! Tomorrow in photography, I'll probably shiny hunt. My teacher screwed up the schedule, so my group has 95 minutes with nothing to do.

Years
feraligatr master said:
I think i will start hunting on Emerald aswell,im thinking of a route 101 hunt as im fine with any obtainable pokemon of that area shiny anyway i just noticed MM's new banner its cool kinda please don't kill me for likeing it. good luck everyone.
Why, whatever's wrong with liking it? ;)

Not much is happening. Uni is taking most of my time. I have played up to Rustboro in my restarted Emerald, but this is of no use unless I find a Zangoose. @.@ Why, GF, why? The thought has crossed my mind to stalk random children with gameboys on the busses and shopping malls, but that's just evil. ;)

Edit: I suppose I'll do a token Midnight Shiny Hunt, since it's.. midnight, but it won't be for long, considering I have to sing at a funeral tomorrow morning. (Church music, NOT MCR! XD)

Last edited:
Years
MUHAHAHAHAHAHA

MY friend forgot to save his game, so no shiny charmander for him!
The race for £10.00 is on!

Minabii

tree
Years
  • Seen Jul 21, 2008
Wow... that's got to be the worst way EVER to lose a shiny.

Been hatching Pineco eggs, I'm at a hundred-something (I'm real slow at hatching) and nothing so far.

Crytuf

Dark Dragon Trainer
Years
  • Age 35
  • usa
  • Seen Sep 23, 2006
thank you very much for welcoming me^^, is there anything spacific i should be hunting?

Feraligatr master

Im British you know!
Years
you are free to hunt for anything as long as its not one of the other members targets. no luck with suicune,scyther or route 101 ill keep everyone posted. good luck everyone.

Crytuf

Dark Dragon Trainer
Years
  • Age 35
  • usa
  • Seen Sep 23, 2006
alright, could someone please inform me if there target is gyrados, lapras, or exploud?

Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2006
Hi guys!
I'll join!
I HAVE NO SHINIES! Is there some way to get them? How did you guys get them. I HAVEN'T EVER EVEN SEEN ONE ON A GAME!
My friend saw a shiny Magikarp in the SaffariZone on LG, but it ran away.

Feraligatr master

Im British you know!
Years
You have to be lucky Tansyoco you have 1/8628 (i think it is) to encounter a shiny pokemon in the wild. poke'rus is ten times as rare as a shiny though.

Anyway a tip do not go shiny hunting in the safari zone anyway the power to allow you to join is beyond me.

Crytuf

im not sure about lapras but but expload and gyrados are free to hunt for i think someone please correct me if i am wrong.

no luck with my shinys my larvitar just evolved into pupitar lol its the ultimate shiny muhaha *cough* im no good at being evil.
Good luck everyone.

shido

Blood Sucker
Years
taking a break from mudkip ... so im back to my old ruby hatching chimecho eggs and catching magnemites ( holding sum metal coats ) and then its back to lg to hatch horsea and onix eggs while surfing for a marill .. finding a shiny is all about multitasking : ).... seriously snorlax is my arch enemy now last month i restarted about 1000+ times still no shny snorlax ... !!

Fl0W:HHGURU

Used to be pokEMOn UseR =]
Years
Man, so many eevee eggs, i have like 9 boxes full of them still releasing most of them lmao. still no luck, i was thinking of trying for a shiny voltorb.

Years
feraligatr master said:
you are free to hunt for anything as long as its not one of the other members targets.
No. You may hunt for anything. It's just mean to hunt for another member's targets, and I'm sure all of you want to be friends with the co-owners... ;)

Tansyoco said:
Hi guys!
I'll join!
I HAVE NO SHINIES! Is there some way to get them? How did you guys get them. I HAVEN'T EVER EVEN SEEN ONE ON A GAME!
My friend saw a shiny Magikarp in the SaffariZone on LG, but it ran away.
You may join. You find shinies by encountering loads of wild Pokémon. The odds are 1/8192 that any wild poke you see will be shiny, so it takes loads of patience as well. You should really do it when there's seriously nothing else you can do, or when you can do something else at the same time. Bus rides are your friends. ;) *gives shiny Ariados a cookie*

Haven't been hunting much; been too occupied. I might take a peek around in New Mauville for a shiny Magnemite/Voltorb. I also should finish my second play through Emerald, but there's no hurry considering I probably won't be getting a Zangoose for a while. u.u

Years
pokEMOn UseR said:
Man, so many eevee eggs, i have like 9 boxes full of them still releasing most of them lmao. still no luck, i was thinking of trying for a shiny voltorb.
For shiny Voltorb, you should definitely save in front of one in New Mauville/Kanto Power Plant and reset. Unfortunately, on my last play through Emerald, I found that you can't complete the New Mauville quest without talking to ALL the Voltorbs there, so Wattson will have to wait if you want to do that. (I believe you can play through the game without a hitch even if you leave Wattson high and dry, and his precious city without power...)

Tansyoco said:
Well, Aaryn has 41, so it looks pretty easy.
Last I checked, he only had 35. o_0 And that's including Gligar, who isn't in his card yet.

Tansyoco said:
Ummm, are there any tips for catching shinies?
I'm on LG.
Effort train. If you're feeling really adventurous, you can train your pokes to L100 against NOTHING but wild Pokémons. I trained Jolteon to L100, Breloom to L80, and Quagsire to L96 against nothing but pokes in the Seviper patch. (*sniff* I can't believe it's over! T_T)

Back