• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

It's Just Fufu

Nostalgia is powerful.
Years
  • I can't resist it, so instead of SRing for Torchic until next Friday, I'll be SRing for shiny Latios on Ruby... I just can't resist myself. Thanks for inspiring me again Nova and Akidatheart! :)

Wish me luck...

♥Nova♥

Ignore the Funny Farm
    Years
  • shido said:
    OMFG i dont care what anyone says that clone stuff is like pokemon death XD but its cool for me i wont be trading or battling cept for ppl i know or trust enuf to actualy add to my d/p friend list . but i will admit its rather tempting to clone for so many reasons XD *battles with morals over cloned wurmples for master ball supply * >.> i hate cheaters !!!!! but dangit this is so good yet so bad BLEGH anyonoe want to offer their thoughts on it ?( i know its a bit off topic but it does directly effect shiniy catching and cloning and trading )

like do u now accept shinies gotten in a trade? when it could have just as easily been a cloned shiny !!! or how about ppl with say a shiny dratini , dragonair and dragonite becuz they cloned their shiny dratiny in the first place , do u accept all 3 or would only accept the oringinal shiny. i dont know ......one of the reasons im proud of the shinnies i do have is becuz i went thru hell to get them even the traded ones . like hours after searching to just want to quit and have the pokegods answer your prayers with a shiny . it feels good but now idk if i can believe ppl or share in their glory when they get shinnies ..... bad enuf ppl gs and ar and swear they dont , and there isnt no way for us to really tell.... blegh .........(i do want more master balls XD but .... blegh i hate cheaters and cheating)

yes its a glitch ppl , but that doesnt mean its "fair".......

Ahh... This is most dissapointing News... After all I know how it feels to be dooped for a false Shiny Pokemon... Last year I traded a Mewtwo to a Friend in exchange for a Shiny Celebi... -_-; He tells me he got it at some speacial Pokemon event, I don't beleive it to this day. I still have the Celebi, but naturally it cannot count as legit. Now I've gotta watch out even more.

MeleeMaster-ShinyPokemon said:
    I can't resist it, so instead of SRing for Torchic until next Friday, I'll be SRing for shiny Latios on Ruby... I just can't resist myself. Thanks for inspiring me again Nova and Akidatheart!

Wish me luck...

Again, I wish you the best of luck with your Shiny Latios! ^^ Don't Stop Beleiving!

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
    Years
  • if u want to join the club tell us what shinys you have and were you got them.

still no shinies i havent played it much recently i got hooked on completing ff 9 but thats nearly done so back to hunting soon.
    congratulations for all the shinies people have gotten since i was last on here a few weeks ago

Ullion

[color=#00cc99][i]Simic Synthesis[/i][/color]
    Years
  • lol Exokriz.. i will call my espeon Exokriz.. hehe ya :D... adn good luck on all the ctahces.. im back to actually hunting for shiny ponyta on FR... and i will be leaving in a few hours (yes today :/ ) for a whole week =0 adn its a 3 and a half hour drive both ways.. so lots of shiny hunting time (woot!) so ttfn all and gl!

It's Just Fufu

Nostalgia is powerful.
    Years
  • What's great about finding a shiny Latios or Latias in the wild is the fact that I won't have to use my master ball and catch it right away. I can take as much time as I want weakening it and stuff, but I'll always be sure to catch it eventually... this rocks! I wish I had the Eon Ticket.

Doopliss

(+) Sirena Beach
    Years
  • Um wow, nice card er.. Nova. Do you really own 1 shiny squirtle, one shiny, wartortle, and 1 shiny Blastoise? Or are they all the same pokemon? Just curisous. I'm hunting Rayquaza and school is so boring. But I learned to do magic tricks.

Anyways, I'm also looking for my lost FireRed that's saved at a point where mewtwo is.

Lady Demoonica Darkmoon

Shiny Hunters Club Co-Owner
    Years
  • shido said:
    OMFG i dont care what anyone says that clone stuff is like pokemon death XD but its cool for me i wont be trading or battling cept for ppl i know or trust enuf to actualy add to my d/p friend list . but i will admit its rather tempting to clone for so many reasons XD *battles with morals over cloned wurmples for master ball supply * >.> i hate cheaters !!!!! but dangit this is so good yet so bad BLEGH anyonoe want to offer their thoughts on it ?( i know its a bit off topic but it does directly effect shiniy catching and cloning and trading )

like do u now accept shinies gotten in a trade? when it could have just as easily been a cloned shiny !!! or how about ppl with say a shiny dratini , dragonair and dragonite becuz they cloned their shiny dratiny in the first place , do u accept all 3 or would only accept the oringinal shiny. i dont know ......one of the reasons im proud of the shinnies i do have is becuz i went thru hell to get them even the traded ones . like hours after searching to just want to quit and have the pokegods answer your prayers with a shiny . it feels good but now idk if i can believe ppl or share in their glory when they get shinnies ..... bad enuf ppl gs and ar and swear they dont , and there isnt no way for us to really tell.... blegh .........(i do want more master balls XD but .... blegh i hate cheaters and cheating)

yes its a glitch ppl , but that doesnt mean its "fair".......
    On cloning it's copying the data exactly including hidden information right, but what's the chances for two shinys to actually be like that? If you clone a Pokemon that's low level and raise them with different move sets and EV's is it any different than catching 2 of the same Pokemon? Also because you're not using a cheat device, XD can't catch it as 'fake'... scary thought, yeah? ALSO after you clone how do you know which one of the Pokemon is the clone, the one in your party or the one in the box? Anybody know?

As for me, would I use it? Depends on the siduation. If a friend wanted clones of my shinys and was willing to give me clones of their shinys in trade, sure why not, trades don't count for this dex anyway and I have all of ONE person I trade with anyway and she has no shinys, so I get nothing, she on the other hand don't mind cheats (I GameSharked her a Deoxes when she requested it.) and as soon as she finds out it's possable she is bound to ask me to clone them for her. Besides I already have 1 of everything but Mew, Celebi, Jirachi, and Deoxes (The GameSharked Deoxes on my restarted FR don't count.), why clone them? Plus I use my Emerald as my 'DEX' and it has all my trained Pokemon on it, I don't have the required empty box to perform this glitch even if I wanted to. (moving them over to Sapphire is a hassle.)

Q: Would I ever use a cloned Pokemon to trick somebody into trading me a hard earned shiny?
    A: NO.

Q: Would I use a cloned Pokemon in D/P's wi-fi?
    A: NO.

Q: Would I trade for a cloned Shiny Absol?
    A: YES as long as the person was truthful upfront that it was a clone. And if I ever was able to get a non-cloned shiny Absol I'd release the clone or give it to my friend.

Q: Would I clone my shiny Pokemon?
    A: No to a point, I hate having doubbles of my Pokemon shinys and normal. Yes to a point, I'd like to clone my Bellsprout and Lairon just to evlove them.

Q: Will I try this glitch?
    A: Tempting... I may try it to see if it works. Anything that comes from it though wouldn't meen nearly as much to me. I already have so many shinys that it's not as exciting when I find a legit one, making a cloned one would be depressing, that and I'd go on a guilt trip as long as Route 66.

Q: Do cloned shinys count on a shiny Dex?
    A: NO, for goddess sake NO! The first Pokemon counts (as long as it isn't a clone from somebody else) and after that PLEASE keep them to yourself, feel free to clone yourself as many as you want, just don't tell us about it.

In other news:

LDD's shiny update: Nothing new to report. *sigh* I did spend alot of time yesterday hunting, road trip, and got my Shiny Bellsprout from lvl 82 to lvl 100, and restarted raising my non-shiny Vulpix lvl 60 to lvl 76... I think.

Akidatheart

Pokémom
    Years
  • Cloning shinies would just take all the fun out of it. I don't have a problem with people that cheat or clone, either one. I just don't think I would want to own cloned shinies. Although it is tempting to clone my torchic twice so I can have all 3 evolutions to look at any time I want to. (and to back all my shinies up to another game as someone on serebi mentioned, to assure if you lose them on one game you still have them on another) It's something to think about anyway. Btw, I'm just wandering around looking for random shiny pokemon right now. (while using linoones for pickup)

♥Nova♥

Ignore the Funny Farm
    Years
  • Doopliss said:
    Um wow, nice card er.. Nova. Do you really own 1 shiny squirtle, one shiny, wartortle, and 1 shiny Blastoise? Or are they all the same pokemon? Just curisous. I'm hunting Rayquaza and school is so boring. But I learned to do magic tricks.

Anyways, I'm also looking for my lost FireRed that's saved at a point where mewtwo is.

No, it's the same Pokemon. I'm guessing we still count our Shiny Pokemon's previous forms. Good luck with Shiny Rayquaza and with finding FireRed. ^^

Years
    • Age 37
    • They/them
    • Canada
    • Seen Nov 8, 2023
    Jetres, you may join. Milotic<3, bonjo, please list what shinies you own and you may join.

MeleeMaster-ShinyPokemon said:
    Sorry to say this guys, but people at serebiiforums.com have discovered how to clone pokemon... u guys know what that means... shiny pokemon are forever ruined.

Congrats on the shiny Lapras, but when did you get all those other shinies? Your shiny Latios and Latias are making me very jealous.

Wish me luck with Torchic everyone...
    Already ahead of 'em. Cloned Pokémon do NOT count for either the Shiny Dex or your shiny cards.

Nova and MMSP, I would kindly ask that you remove those extra shiny cards from your signatures. That card design belongs to ryan and me, and you do not have permission to use it. You're free to create "small trainer cards" to your heart's content, but please try to make them look more different. (Nova, I'll get to your actual card shortly.)

In shiny hunting news, I'm still in this awful rut resetting for shiny Treecko. Two months and 11200 Treeckos later, no shiny Treecko or Zigzagoon has reared its glossy head.

Also, tomorrow is my birthday. It feels creepy that today is my last day (last 5 hours o_0) of teendom. Mostly because I haven't gotten anything done that I wanted to have gotten done before turning 20.

DARKDESTINY

alone_in_the_dark
    Years
    • Seen Apr 8, 2014
    iu

MetalMario said:
    Already ahead of 'em. Cloned Pokémon do NOT count for either the Shiny Dex or your shiny cards.
    what a bunch of bullsh!t...why the fvck wouldn't you count them?

Years
    • Age 37
    • They/them
    • Canada
    • Seen Nov 8, 2023
    Because (1) it takes no effort to duplicate shinies and (2) GF didn't intend for this to happen.

And if you're going to get all snarky like that, you can leave this club.

♥Nova♥

Ignore the Funny Farm
    Years
  • MetalMario said:
    Nova and MMSP, I would kindly ask that you remove those extra shiny cards from your signatures. That card design belongs to ryan and me, and you do not have permission to use it. You're free to create "small trainer cards" to your heart's content, but please try to make them look more different. (Nova, I'll get to your actual card shortly.)

Okie, I shall remove it from my Sig. Sorry for causing any trouble. I just really wanted a Card and I've been experimenting with Animations lately. ^^

DARKDESTINY said:
    what a bunch of bullsh!t...why the fvck wouldn't you count them?

Calm down. 0_0 As Metal Mario said, being able to Clone Shinies ruins the whole prospect of this Club. After all it's the Shiny Hunters Club. Not the Shiny Cloners Club.

Jenvy

Gardevoir is the Disco Queen
    Years
    • Age 32
    • US
    • Seen Dec 1, 2010
    razer302 said:
    if u want to join the club tell us what shinys you have and were you got them.

still no shinies i havent played it much recently i got hooked on completing ff 9 but thats nearly done so back to hunting soon.
    congratulations for all the shinies people have gotten since i was last on here a few weeks ago

i have 3 shinies: a numel from route 112,
    a seedot from route 102
    and a voltorb from New Mauville
    =)

DARKDESTINY

alone_in_the_dark
    Years
    • Seen Apr 8, 2014
    MetalMario said:
    Because (1) it takes no effort to duplicate shinies and (2) GF didn't intend for this to happen.

And if you're going to get all snarky like that, you can leave this club.
    K whatever,dont count them if you want,but you can't be sure if GF didnt intend for this to happen so shhh...
    and since im offtopic i might as well put something relevant:S...searching for a dark-blue unown

Jenvy

Gardevoir is the Disco Queen
    Years
    • Age 32
    • US
    • Seen Dec 1, 2010
    ♥Nova♥ said:
    Okie, I shall remove it from my Sig. Sorry for causing any trouble. I just really wanted a Card and I've been experimenting with Animations lately. ^^
    Calm down. 0_0 As Metal Mario said, being able to Clone Shinies ruins the whole prospect of this Club. After all it's the Shiny Hunters Club. Not the Shiny Cloners Club.
    How do you make pictures animated? I've been trying to figure it out, and have gotten nowhere. =( I made a cool Houndoom pic that I wanted to animate, but can't. Please help!

Oh, and right now I am SRing for a shiny Charmander on FR. I'm trying to decide if it is worth it to try for a shiny Feebas...of course, if I got it, you would never stop hearing about it! ^^;;

Also, my take on the whole cloning/cheating deal. When I was younger, I used to clone on G/S when they first came out. I also discovered the almighty "Catch Any Pokemon" Cheat, and was a major user. Now, though, I have developed morals and realized how much more satisfying to do it the old-fashioned way. Although, sometimes when I'm bored, I will get out my Gameshark SP and use the "Any Pokemon" code and put a random number in the Pokemon slot, just to see what Pokemon it is on the game. I never catch or save it, though, its just for fun. In the end, cheating/cloning is definitly a thumbs-down for me, and that goes twice for shinies.

Last edited:
    Back