• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

Akidatheart

Pokémom
Years
During all this down time I managed to snag myself a (tah daaaah!) shiny electrike! Of course I was not looking for a shiny electrike.. I was just running from one place to the next... but I will take it! It's nature is Sassy, met at level 12 on route 110. It is quite the handsome pokemon too!

OT but I was wondering if anybody else here is playing the Pokemon Dungeon games now? It does cut into shiny hunting time. I hope there are no shinies in the Pokemon Dungeon games. It would be too painful to watch them go.. as recruiting is really tough. The game is quite fun, I recommend it to everyone.

Years
hey akida gratz on the shiny, im still SR for a frikken Rayquaza,-.-, but the stubborn thing wont turn shiny!! ...

Good luck hunting yall!

♥Nova♥

Ignore the Funny Farm
Years
Akidaheart :: Congrats on your Shiny Electrike! It's Shiny Form really is quite awesome. ^-^

Raz Mazter :: Best of luck with Rayquaza. I know how stubborn those Shiny Legendaries can be. XD

Off-Topic :: I don't have Mystery Dungeon yet, sadly... T-T But hopefully with my approaching B-Day one of my Relatives will have enough brains to get me it. XD

Years
  • Age 34
  • UK
  • Seen Mar 26, 2013
Well its nice to see Kim and Nova show up, and congrats to both of you on your new shinys! ^_^

I do plan on getting dungeon when is released in the UK as i don't really have too much faith in it getting from America to here safely.

@shiny legendarys: Catch one Miltank and breed, breed, breed. You don't really want to see your most sought after shiny run away do you? Breeding is the safest way.

I havn't had time to hunt as of late with random 18th parties (kinda big over here as its the legal drinking age) and College. I may have some free time on Sunday to hunt so.. i'll do it then.

If any of you have been reading all the new Diamond and Pearl info would notice that you get to see a Red Gyarados at the beginning of the game before you pick your starter, whether you can catch it yet is not yet known, lets hope we can!

Nell

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 2, 2009
Hmm... I'm pretty sure there was another way of joining this club... but if not, could I join?

Years
  • Age 34
  • UK
  • Seen Mar 26, 2013
There is only one way of joining, and you just did it. Asking is all you need to do. Just state any shinys you currently own in the Advanced generation games and if they seem plauseable we shall welcome you to the club ^_^

Years
Hey isnt this club supposed to be trying to fill up the pokedex with shinies? The leader should post the updated Shinydex,

BTW off topic, everyone like my new Signature?

Years
  • Age 34
  • UK
  • Seen Mar 26, 2013
We cannot update the shiny dex without SkinyGreenMan who turns up occationally. I think once D&P are out that we shall start working towards filling the dex up as the club will probably be more active and i won't be the only Co-Owner around...

And lets keep offtopic-ness to a minimum ^_^

Years
Lol, well if you need another co-owner then i could be one XD. as you can see, im on alot, lol, since i go to skewl at night for only 2 times a day, lol,

OMG i want to kill this stupid Rayquaza!!.. .... ...... -.-

Years
  • Age 34
  • UK
  • Seen Mar 26, 2013
Were currently full up, and since the club isn't exactly bursting with activity so i think i can handle it.

On another note, i'm going to try and get hold of MM and get the card templates from him so i can start updating everyones shiny cards while hes away.

Years
Shiny cards? not to be purposly off topic, but can you explain in detail what they do and what their purpose is?

Ehehe, im just a newb in this club still, :P

♥Nova♥

Ignore the Funny Farm
Years
Yami Zidane :: It'll be awesome if the Club starts keeping track of the Shiny Dex again. Espeacially with Diamond and Pearl upon us. I see quite a few Pokemon who's Shiny Forms I can't wait to start Hunting. XD Man, I hope we can catch that Red Gyarados sooner or later in the Game.

Raz Mazter :: LOL Try not to Kill the poor Rayquaza. It's not his fault that the Shiny Odds are what? 1/8192? XD Oh, and Shiny Cards are the Cards we use in our Signatures to show which Shinies we've Captured as well as just show we're in the Club. Kinda like our Version of a "Members Only Jacket". XD

Years
  • Age 34
  • UK
  • Seen Mar 26, 2013
*Points to the little card in his sig* Its basically a card that shows others what shinys you currently have.

Well it's not 4:50AM here in England and its just a mere 4 hours untill im due in at college. I think i may just have a bash at hunting for a few hours

EDIT: We may have to have an off forum dex though as SGM isn't too active, but we shall cross that bridge when we come to it.

Years
oh, ok, well then i guess i only get one, XD thank you for bearing my newbness xD.

Btw everytime i face the ray~ i kill it if its not shiny, then i rs, eheh,,, its P***ing me off.. -.- 4 hours already gone by..

Akidatheart

Pokémom
Years
oh, ok, well then i guess i only get one, XD thank you for bearing my newbness xD.

Btw everytime i face the ray~ i kill it if its not shiny, then i rs, eheh,,, its P***ing me off.. -.- 4 hours already gone by..

I stopped counting the hours after 100 on my torchic... hopefully you will be luckier than I was.

Years
Lol, how do you sr for starters? i know how to on legendaries of course, but startes would take a little time?

Btw on my fire red,(my main game) i made an egg of a sneasel, and i saved after it was only one step left, and kept rsing for a shiny one, but never got around to getting it, eheh.. i give up too fast,

Btw, 100hours!!?? wow, i dont think i was planning on spending that much time, eheh.. well good luck to all shiny hunters!

Akidatheart

Pokémom
Years
Lol, how do you sr for starters? i know how to on legendaries of course, but startes would take a little time?

Btw on my fire red,(my main game) i made an egg of a sneasel, and i saved after it was only one step left, and kept rsing for a shiny one, but never got around to getting it, eheh.. i give up too fast,

Btw, 100hours!!?? wow, i dont think i was planning on spending that much time, eheh.. well good luck to all shiny hunters!

For Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald you save in front of the bag and restart until you get the shiny starter you want. You have to choose the starter and see it in battle before you know if it's shiny or not.. for LG/FR you save before choosing from the professors 3 pokemon.

I don't know about Red, but in all the gba pokemon games shininess in an egg is determined when the man gives you the egg, so saving until that last step would not work.

Yep, over 100 hours, but not all at once, lol! It took me over a year actually.. many have spend much less time successfully resetting for shinies so take heart.. you may be lucky like them.
Kim

Nell

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 2, 2009
Off-topic: I was told this was an "active" thread. This was obviously an understatement XD
On-topic: My shinies: caterpie (useless), walrein (yay!), ampharos (yay!)

Years
Well thank you very much for the vote of confidence and luck, atm tho, are you hunting any shinies?

BTW, i killed this frikken rayquza 52 times... ....-.-

Years
  • Age 34
  • UK
  • Seen Mar 26, 2013
Typhlomence said:
Off-topic: I was told this was an "active" thread. This was obviously an understatement XD
On-topic: My shinies: caterpie (useless), walrein (yay!), ampharos (yay!)

Well there are times when we are very active.. i believe when Diamond and Pearl are released our activity will increase tenfold.

Anyway welcome to our humble club, happy hunting!

Back