• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

Nell

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 2, 2009
Mmm... I will definitely be posting regularly, as I have lately taken to finding more and more shinies, most of which I kill off to frustrate my observing friends. Let's see, I'm hunting for shiny Skarmory, anyone here own one?

Years
Mmm... I will definitely be posting regularly, as I have lately taken to finding more and more shinies, most of which I kill off to frustrate my observing friends. Let's see, I'm hunting for shiny Skarmory, anyone here own one?

Well, i never really went shiny hunting, on my new file of pkmn LG, a shiny ghastly jumped me, and im glad i seen it glitter, since im slightly color blind,(meaning similar colors like blue and purple are hard for me to decipher o.0) so thats why i go after pokemon that are easy to tell if they are shiny, (like the stupid rayquaza).

OFF-TOPIC-But, as you can see, i started the pokecommunity forums in september of this year, and i already have almost 80 posts.. which i dont know if thats good or not, but im very active,

Btw i forgot to welcome you Typhlomence to the shiny hunters cub!

Nell

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 2, 2009
.... I have been welcomed by the co-owner of this humble thread, thanks. Anyways~ I'm actually going for a triple profit. Next to fallabor town, I'm using my mach bike to gather ash, look for a Shiny Skarmory and train my shiny caterpie with the macho brace.

Nell

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 2, 2009
Yeah, but I'll have to prioritise that under catching Skarmory, because even normal Skarmory are rare, so I don't fancy my chances...

♥Nova♥

Ignore the Funny Farm
Years
Typlomence :: Welcome to the Club. ^^ Best of luck Hunting for Shiny Skarmory. I'm not sure if anyone has it or not. Since they're so Rare though, it might be easier to Breed? Just a thought.

Raz Mazter :: LOL I remember when my Shiny Ghastly popped out on me. It was back when I didn't purposely look for Shinies and barely knew what they were. XD

Nell

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 2, 2009
Lol, I found a Skarmory and got all over-excited and thought it was a shiny because its cry sounded like the shiny sound, but it was just a normal that even went on to slaughter my caterpie!! XD

Years
Typlomence :: Welcome to the Club. ^^ Best of luck Hunting for Shiny Skarmory. I'm not sure if anyone has it or not. Since they're so Rare though, it might be easier to Breed? Just a thought.

Raz Mazter :: LOL I remember when my Shiny Ghastly popped on me. It was back when I didn't purposely look for Shinies and barely knew what they were. XD

Ya totally, but im not sure whether to evolve it to haunter or gengar, and keep it at that stage, can anyone help me decide?

Btw its at lv.13, i didnt touch it since i caught it last year, lol, so shuold i evolve it or not?

(sorry for being off topic,)

Nell

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 2, 2009
Hmm... well, you should probs make it a gengar. Give it a good EP spread, and you should be fine.

♥Nova♥

Ignore the Funny Farm
Years
Well, I don't think it's considered Off-Topic when it is just talking about how to raise your Shinies. Hm... Oh well. XD

I'd personally go on and Evolve it. But then again, I'm a Multi-Tasking Poke'Maniac who likes to turn my Shinies into Invicible Battle Machines. XD But, it really is up to the Hunter as to what they want to do with thier Shinies. I mean some just Catch and leave them be for Collector's Value. It's your decision.

Years
well i am also an items collector, i collect lots of hold items, because FYI my fire red game, (which i got for my b-day 2 years ago,) is my main game,
i spent almost 200 hours and i have 300 something pokemon atm, but i left it at my friends house and he tried a gameshark code for having all pokemon and it changed my dex from 300 something to 200 something, and it erased the data of some pokemon i already had, so i had to recatch all those pokemon that were erased.. -.-, but luckily they were all the pokemon i got from the first genereation, which i cought all and got the diploma, but now i need to get them all again,

i think i got all of them almost, havent really played my FR lately,
And i think im going to catch 5 more shinies, (if i can) and make a shiny team xD

Nell

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 2, 2009
YES!! I didn't quite get around to catching a shiny Skarmory but I ended up catching a shiny Sandshrew! Hmm... anyone got any suggestions as to what shiny can be caught easily (in comparison)

Years
YES!! I didn't quite get around to catching a shiny Skarmory but I ended up catching a shiny Sandshrew! Hmm... anyone got any suggestions as to what shiny can be caught easily (in comparison)

Gratz on the shiny sandshrew, but i dont think there is any difference in pokemon of a certain race having a higher chance of being shiny then a pokemon of another race, unless were talking legendaries, but i still dont think its different with legendaries, if tha is what your asking, because your question is unclear.

But still, congratz!

Nell

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 2, 2009
Yeps, Ima confused. But thankies for congratulating me. I meant, like a pokemon that pops out regularly, so there is a higher chance of seeing a shiny of that pokemon

Years
Well if you put it in that terminology, then yes, I agree with you, for example, let's say your hunting for both a shiny rattata and a shiny skarmory that both happen to appear in the same grass, you run around and it has a probability of every 1 in 10 that you encounter a skarmory, whilst the rattata's appear in about 9 in every 10 encounters, plus you add the 1 in 8176 or something, for the probability of even encountering a shiny, and by saying all this, it proves your theory of seeing a frequent pokemon has a better chance of being a shiny then a less frequent pokemon.

Ehehe, the smartest thing i said all day, hope i didn't screw up xD

Nell

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 2, 2009
Well, I guess you didn't, but your spelling incapicated your entire statement. Moving on~ Okays, an hour of training has resulted in my level 67 Shiny sandslash, I also gave up on trying find a shiny tentacool, SO freakin' annoying, I knocked out around 700 of them with my Mewtwo, grrrr *grumbles on*

Ullion

[color=#00cc99][i]Simic Synthesis[/i][/color]
Years
*In a deep voice* "WELCOME ALL NEW MEMBERS"

Lol, well yes, welcome all! And grats on all the enw shinies, wow last night seemed rele active, even without the coming out of D/P

Anyways, afetr seeing all the new shinies all-of-asudden besing cught, I WANT ANOTHER SHINY! *Runs off to corner and cries*, well after i get through some of my fr, i think i might look for a shiny venonat. I don;t tihnk any1 else ahs 1, not to enmtion shiny venemoth looks prete sweet. Well, GL ON SHINY HUNTING!

Nell

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 2, 2009
Alrighties then, level 56 shiny butterfree, from a shiny caterpie I thought was useless, but it's actually got some decent stats and my shiny sandslash I caught as a shiny sandshrew just the other day is now at level 89, I'm now hunting for a shiny bagon, with no luck *grr*

Years
Lol, everyone has all the luck, im on day 4 rsing this stupid rayquaza.. -.- i hate it soo much.. but when it becomes shiny!! thats when ill love it xD

Back