• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

Years
    • Age 37
    • They/them
    • Canada
    • Seen Nov 8, 2023
    I found a shiny Zubat on the GTS. It was very unextraordinary, so I expect that it's legit. Unfortunately, the guy wanted a L70+ Luxray for it. I don't really care. It's not the same when someone else caught it. ;)

I've momentarily gone back to Seviper hunting on Sapphire for old time's sake, and because RedGyarados at SPPF caught one. I might discontinue that and go back to Beldum since I'm done checking out the GTS.

It's Just Fufu

Nostalgia is powerful.
    Years
  • Well, despite me waking up pretty late, I caught a Relaxed Bronzor just a couple of minutes ago (I'm pretty lucky with getting somewhat good natures on wild Pokemon) and I've begun SRing for a shiny Cranidos. I have a Sychronize Abra with a Jolly nature at the front (top left spot), and I've done 14 soft resets, but not one of them have been Jolly. I hope this changes soon.

I'll be alternating between getting a shiny Cranidos and training my team (via Vs. Seeker) because I feel Monferno is the only one that can really *do* anything.

Your third pic has very good quality, shido.

Dragon Tamer Ed

Formerly DarkParukia
    Years
  • Well nice job on teh Murkrow, shido. Although Relaxed nature...Murkrow needs its speeds...

As for me, last night on Emerald while hunting for Feebas...

I CAUGHT A SHINY CARVANHA!!!!! :D :D :D

I was at the left side of the laskeshore on Route 119 and ZZZHING! He appeared. I didn't want to risk any attacks, not even False Swipe, after the slip of my finger last Tuesday cost me a shiny Hariyama. So I threw the Master Ball and he was mine! He was Male, Lv29, Careful nature. w00000t!! (Well, it could be worse. Did anyone hear "Bold?")

His IVs are spectacular! He has 8 in HP, 17 in Speed, and everything else is in the high 20s. XD I took a pic a few hours ago and I'll upload it as soon as I can. He is now halfway through his EV training and ready for the Beauty Contest (as it's the only one he can do which paints in full color. lol) Also when he is fully trained and evolved, that's shiny physical sweeper #1 in the bag. I love this lil' guy...*Hugs shiny Carvanha and gets typing hand bitten off*

shido

Blood Sucker
    Years
  • Well nice job on teh Murkrow, shido. Although Relaxed nature...Murkrow needs its speeds...

As for me, last night on Emerald while hunting for Feebas...

I CAUGHT A SHINY CARVANHA!!!!! :D :D :D

I was at the left side of the laskeshore on Route 119 and ZZZHING! He appeared. I didn't want to risk any attacks, not even False Swipe, after the slip of my finger last Tuesday cost me a shiny Hariyama. So I threw the Master Ball and he was mine! He was Male, Lv29, Careful nature. w00000t!! (Well, it could be worse. Did anyone hear "Bold?")

His IVs are spectacular! He has 8 in HP, 17 in Speed, and everything else is in the high 20s. XD I took a pic a few hours ago and I'll upload it as soon as I can. He is now halfway through his EV training and ready for the Beauty Contest (as it's the only one he can do which paints in full color. lol) Also when he is fully trained and evolved, that's shiny physical sweeper #1 in the bag. I love this lil' guy...*Hugs shiny Carvanha and gets typing hand bitten off*

thanking !! and congratz !!! lol you keep getin my water target XP

well gl to everyone I stil have about 15 pokeradar pokemon to get get . I already caught my swarm for today (magnemite) so im going to head over to pokemon mansion and then a few more radars and magbys.

speaking of radar I ran into a sunkern and I thought it was shiny for a moment but i knew it was cuz the grass didnt show a gabillion stars before i entered it :(

side note on radar my record is 8 magnemite XP (dang pachirisu screwed it up )

It's Just Fufu

Nostalgia is powerful.
    Years
  • Well, I'm no longer SRing for Cranidos. Synchronize doesn't seem to work for Pokemon given to you, which is a huge letdown, but I will come back for it later. Instead, I'm training my team and catching a Relaxed or Sassy Levitating Bronzor (if they have the correct nature, they have the wrong trait, or vice versa). I've also realized that I want a shiny Drifloon more than Cranidos, and luckily, Synchronize SHOULD work on it (I have a Timid Abra with Synchroize). I'll be hunting for Cyndaquil while I train.

Monferno is at level 33 and I just got my Vs. Seeker yesterday. I still haven't even gotten to Mt. Coronet, too busy training...good luck, everyone.

Edit: Monferno has evolved! I evolved him a while ago actually, but I couldn't post here. He's still at level 36, and I'm EV training him in speed sorta (well, I'm only facing Pokemon that give me Speed EVs as I level him up from 36-38). I decided to stick with the Relaxed Heatproof Bronzor. I couldn't find any Relaxed/Sassy Levitating Bronzor, and bewtween the Sassy and Relaxed Bronzor I already had, the Relaxed Bronzor had better overall stats (better Atk, HP, SDef [surprisingly], less Speed {which is actually good for Bronzor}, but less Def, which is something some semi-serious EV training can fix).

My Infernape has the standard MixApe set: Nasty Plot/Grass Knot/Flamethrower/Close Combat. I got the Flamethrower TM from my brother. I'm looking forward to battling you guys with it. =)

ShinyInfernape2.jpg

ShinyInfernape.jpg

InfernapesShine.jpg

Years
    • Age 37
    • They/them
    • Canada
    • Seen Nov 8, 2023
    I made it to Dialga. I saved as far in as I could before getting "trapped" just to see how difficult it would be to SR from that point.
    Spoiler:
    SRing from that point would almost be as bad as SRing for shiny Lati@s by saving before watching the TV broadcast.

I've cleared out Mt. Coronet to as far as is possible and left to prepare. I've also taught Super Fang and Yawn to my Bibarel to help with catching the Dialga. Strangely for a legendary, it doesn't know any recovery or suicide moves, which makes my task a lot simpler. (No Own Tempo Skill Swapping required!) For now, I'm going to head off and:
    -Find a Modest/Synchronizing (Kad)Abra and train it to L50
    -Train my recently caught Bronzong to L50 (it's already been tutored Hypnosis)
    -Train the rest of my team to L50, and train Bibarel/Bronzong to L55+
    score o__0)
    -Hope to run into random shinies while training ;)

Of the batch of Abras I just caught, I finally found a Modest one, but it has Inner Focus. Why does my game hate me?

Shido: I'm going to need to borrow a Dialga from you to power up the Repeat Ball. I'll loan you my shiny Dude as collateral. I'll be on MSN shortly. ;)

Dark Steelix Lv X

Final Atomic Buster
    Years
  • Wow lol looks like everyone has had some luck recently! Congrats on the Murkrow, carvanah and chimchar! Lol I've had no luck yet on 4th gen games. I've been Sring for Drifloon since Friday but no luck yet. Lol not giving up on it. Fufu getting chimchar has made me want to try harder on pearl to SR for it too. Well Good luck to everyone on their hunts!

It's Just Fufu

Nostalgia is powerful.
    Years
  • MM, if you plan on using Dialga competitively at all, I'll tell you that the special sets are *mostly* inferior to the physical sets, despite Dialga's vastly superior SAtk stat. That's why I'm hunting for an Adamant or Brave Dialga, but to each his or her own. Funny you should mention Bibarel, I was just trying to find another Pokemon that could help with catching and weakening Dialga while somehow being of some other use, and Bibarel fits it almost perfectly. Assuming it can learn Rock Climb, I could teach it Super Fang/Yawn/Rock Climb/Filler...Assuming that I leave an open space for Dialga in my party (which I most likely will), including a Bibarel leaves me with only ONE space open (I already have planned Pokemon I know I will be taking with me).

Edit: Well, let's see...I'm training Infernape even MORE, despite me saying that I would train the others. This is the LAST level I train it though, I really need to train this Bronzong more, and to a lesser extent, Luxio, Staravia, and Shellos (all of which will be replaced, eventually). I hope I don't fun into a wild shiny, to be honest.

King Kobra

Shiny Giratina pwns you
    Years
  • Since it seems that everyone has a shiny Rayquaza, I'm going for something else. Only problem is, I CAN'T FIND MY DS CHARGER. I'm so freaking ticked off right now, because I've been moving it out of my way during stuff for the past 2 months nad now I search the whole house and it's not there. ><

Going to buy a new one (tomorrow hopefully) so I can freaking play the game some more. I don't even have 1 badge and my battery is red so I dare not risk playing... -_-

Shiny Update:
    Rayquaza: ON HOLD (perhaps permenantly?)
    Scyther: No new resets. I might search for my GBA to continue SRing on FireRed tonight, if I have time.

New Targets:
    Dunno, need some sugguestions for some D/P ones (that don't suck or look retarded ><).

<I>Kobra<I>

Years
    • Age 37
    • They/them
    • Canada
    • Seen Nov 8, 2023
    Fufu: Where are you getting all this foruth-gen battling knowledge? Smogon hasn't been updated since last year and SPP(f) doesn't seem very helpful. Adamant was one of the natures I found an Abra in very soon, most certainly because I didn't need it.

I'll move on to leveling up my team. And yes, Bibarel learns Rock Climb. My current team concept looks something like:

Bibarel@Persim:
    Surf
    Rock Climb
    Super Fang
    Yawn

Slave/Lower Dialga's HP and sleep it.

Bronzong@Persim:
    Iron Defense
    Hypnosis
    Rock Smash
    filler

RS slave/Stall Dialga and keep it asleep

Rapidash@Persim:
    Agility
    Fire Blast/crazy recoil phys. fire move; can't think of name
    Iron Tail
    Strength

Strength slave/Physical sweeper against the Galactics

Staraptor@Persim:
    Aerial Ace
    Fly
    Defog
    Close Combat

Fly/fog slave

Girafarig@Wise Glasses:
    Flash
    Psychic
    Shadow Ball
    Thunderbolt

Flash slave/Special sweeper against Galactics

Torterra@Quick Claw:
    Razor Leaf/Wood Hammer
    Earthquake
    Synthesis
    Crunch

Other Physical sweeper against Galactics

I can keep most of my regular team on deck since Dialga doesn't pull any stunts like Rayquaza does. (Rayquaza Rests and Confuses itself)

I'd like to take a few test runs to make sure I can catch the thing 98% of the time, but given the length of one trial from the point at which you can still leave, that doesn't seem to be an option.

shido

Blood Sucker
    Years
  • todays swarm is makuhita so if anyone wants one let meh know :)

as for shiny news , im going hunt a bit on my old games inbetween playing on dp , maybe get a shiny or two to bump my count to 30 shiny pokes caught :)

Dragon Tamer Ed

Formerly DarkParukia
    Years
  • I got the Pic of Destiny, lol, It's actually of Shiny Carvanha:

The bottom part says "Careful nature. Met at Lv29, Route 119" It is Male, was caught in a Master Ball, and has Pokerus. (I'm preserving the virus in my Ruby)

He's evolved and fully EV trained now, and ready for the Beauty Contest. After which, I will train him to Lv100 and give him his battle moves. (Well, most of them. I'm going to tutor Ice Fang onto him when I transfer him over to Pearl.)

On a related subject, today after my first exam I went downtown and one of the game shops has imported Pearl. And at a good price too. YAY! So I'll be heading back there tomorrow (or on Friday when I have no exams), with money. Though I may not be allowed to play it until May 16th, I may try to have a go while everyone's asleep. ;)

Now, which shiny to hunt next... All my (good) non-legendary ones are Water type, so I need to break that chain for definite. Preferably one that can effectively sweep and fly/levitate...

It's Just Fufu

Nostalgia is powerful.
    Years
  • Fufu: Where are you getting all this foruth-gen battling knowledge? Smogon hasn't been updated since last year and SPP(f) doesn't seem very helpful. Adamant was one of the natures I found an Abra in very soon, most certainly because I didn't need it.
    Well, most of it is just my common sense. When the moves were revealed, I tried to construct movesets for the Pokemon. And Smogon has a whole section dedicated to discussion of D/P as well. You must not have been there for a while.

MetalMario said:
    I'll move on to leveling up my team. And yes, Bibarel learns Rock Climb. My current team concept looks something like:

Bibarel@Persim:
    Surf
    Rock Climb
    Super Fang
    Yawn

Slave/Lower Dialga's HP and sleep it.

Bronzong@Persim:
    Iron Defense
    Hypnosis
    Rock Smash
    filler

RS slave/Stall Dialga and keep it asleep

Rapidash@Persim:
    Agility
    Fire Blast/Flare Drive
    Iron Tail
    Strength

Strength slave/Physical sweeper against the Galactics

Staraptor@Persim:
    Aerial Ace
    Fly
    Defog
    Close Combat

Fly/fog slave

Girafarig@Wise Glasses:
    Flash
    Psychic
    Shadow Ball
    Thunderbolt

Flash slave/Special sweeper against Galactics

Torterra@Quick Claw:
    Razor Leaf/Wood Hammer
    Earthquake
    Synthesis
    Crunch

Other Physical sweeper against Galactics

I can keep most of my regular team on deck since Dialga doesn't pull any stunts like Rayquaza does. (Rayquaza Rests and Confuses itself)

I'd like to take a few test runs to make sure I can catch the thing 98% of the time, but given the length of one trial from the point at which you can still leave, that doesn't seem to be an option.
    Looks nice. However, I'm not sure that you need Flash at all. My brother caught Palkia yesterday, and he said you only need Rock Climb, Surf, and Rock Smash to get through Mt. Coronet. Unfortunately, he was too stubborn to listen to me to at least get a Palkia with a decent nature. =/ I'd also put Light Screen as your filler move, it'll help with your other Pokemon surviving Dialga's hits...

So far, mine is planned to look like...

Adamant Synchronize Abra
    Teleport
    Lol, I still have to catch an Adamant Synchronize Abra! =(

Careful Bibarel
    Yawn/Super Fang/Rock Climb/Rock Smash
    I'm loving this thing ever since you mentioned it, MM. Did anyone here notice that it can counter the expected standard movesets DDTar and DDMence? I might put some other HM over Rock Smash because I'm not completely positive I need it. I did a quick scan of the maps in the guide book last night, and I'm absolutely sure you need Surf and Rock Climb, though.

Hardy Infernape
    Nasty Plot/Flamethrower/Grass Knot/Close Combat
    Well, it's my shiny Pokemon, so I won't be taking it out of my team. It'll basically sweep everyone.

Relaxed Bronzong
    Hypnosis/Light Screen/Gyro Ball/???
    Need help with the last move...makes Dialga sleep easily, and sets up Light Screen for others. It'll also come in handy when I'm fighting other people, I guess. Takes hits from both ends of the spectrum pretty well. Maybe Earthquake as the filler?

Bold Gastrodon
    Surf/Ice Beam/Yawn/Recover
    Um, because I can? It has (well, will have) Yawn, and if (for some reason) Bibarel dies before getting Dialga to 1 HP with Super Fang, I can spam Ice Beam or something...

I'm open to any suggestions anyone may have.

I'm now training my normal in-game team...I've only gotten a third of it "complete" (Infernape and soon-to-be Bronzong). Luxio and Staravia will be replaced, and the female Bold Shellos I have will be bred with a male Wooper to get an offspring with Yawn...as soon as I get to Solaceon. I don't expect to find a shiny while training. Good luck, everyone.

Oh, and congrats on the shiny, DP.

Edit: Another thing, MM, I've heard that Dialga/Palkia are quite easy to catch, so you (and everyone who plans to catch one in the future) should have nothing to worry about.

Edit2: I noticed that your team has no "Syncher", MM...do you plan to go for it normally? Either way, good luck. Why are most of your Pokemon holding somewhat useless items?

Lots of people are hunting Dialga. Three others at SPPf are hunting for it right now, too. Looks like you have some competition!

I'm off to catch a Careful Bidoof, which shouldn't take too long with my Careful Synching Abra (I knew it would come in handy!).

Last edited:

King Kobra

Shiny Giratina pwns you
    Years
  • Shiny Update:
    Scyther: 5300 SRs. My mom got me a car charger for my DS, but get this, THE TIP DOESN'T FIT. It doesn't even resemble the tip shown on the back of the box. ><

What's this whole Synchronize thing you're talking about? Does it give better chances of a shiny?

<I>Kobra<I>

shido

Blood Sucker
    Years
  • synch is to get a specific nature not a shiny XP they are hoping that by using synch when they get __ shiny it will have the synchers nature

It's Just Fufu

Nostalgia is powerful.
    Years
  • I've made it to Solaceon. Now I can breed for a Shellos with Yawn...but I have to train Wooper. Luckily, this Chansey I just caught has a Lucky Egg!

Does anyone have a Pokemon with Flame Body or Magma Armor? I'll trade you something for it.

I wonder if I'll find a shiny Murkrow in the Lost Tower...heh, that'd be awesome. Good luck, everyone.

Years
    • Age 37
    • They/them
    • Canada
    • Seen Nov 8, 2023
    ^ I really don't remember who you are. Could you please remind me? :P

Fufu: I totally forgot about Abra. I may have to replace Girafarig with a Kadabra or Zam. I also forgot that I wanted to have an extra free slot to snuff out stats with to make sure Synchro's working. Oh, and all the Persim berries are there because the Galactics are totally obsessed with Confuse Ray. On my first play through, two of my pokes killed themselves from it. (which is exactly why I stock up on Revival Herbs--discipline! >=]) I also have very few good hold items on hand.

Training up my team's a pain, but it's a pain that could lead to shinies! ;) Bibarel's L50.

Back