• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

Dragon Tamer Ed

Formerly DarkParukia
Years
I'm not really seeing how using legendaries makes one look "n00bish".

Legendaries (well, most of them) are Ubers. Very powerful pokemon that, in general, are only used in competitive battling by n00bs who aren't skilled enough to raise normal pokemon. Not that I'm saying anyone here fits into that category. You guys probably hunt them just because they look cool rather than to battle competitively with them. Some legendaries, like Manaphy and Articuno, are not considered Uber for certain reasons, but most, like Deoxys, Latios, Arceus and Dialga, are. Because of their Type combos, movepool, and/or base stats. They are usually banned from the Standard metagame. I may, once in a while, hunt a shiny Uber for trading or collecting purposes, but I try my best never to use Ubers when battling.

Hunted Rotom again last night after organisinging my Trading supplies. Only got a couple of resets in before getting tired, however.

Oh, and conrats on your Dialga, Fufu.

shinyGeo

Part heeler, Part Shiny Hunter
Years
  • Seen Aug 5, 2007
grrrr no rotom yet im well pass 13,000 resets....so far ive ben sleeping by day just to stay up long enough and reset for rotom....

It's Just Fufu

Nostalgia is powerful.
Years
Legendaries (well, most of them) are Ubers. Very powerful pokemon that, in general, are only used in competitive battling by n00bs who aren't skilled enough to raise normal pokemon. Not that I'm saying anyone here fits into that category. You guys probably hunt them just because they look cool rather than to battle competitively with them. Some legendaries, like Manaphy and Articuno, are not considered Uber for certain reasons, but most, like Deoxys, Latios, Arceus and Dialga, are. Because of their Type combos, movepool, and/or base stats. They are usually banned from the Standard metagame. I may, once in a while, hunt a shiny Uber for trading or collecting purposes, but I try my best never to use Ubers when battling.
You're right that many "n00bs" use them; but you must realize that there are many skilled players that use them as well. In fact, ubers have their own metagame. And I'm pretty sure that a couple of "n00bs" didn't establish it. The uber metagame can be much more offensive or defensive than the OU metagame can be; Ubers do take skill to use correctly, just like "normal" Pokemon. If anything, the Uber metagame is even harder to be successful in than OU.

Dragon Tamer Ed said:
Hunted Rotom again last night after organisinging my Trading supplies. Only got a couple of resets in before getting tired, however.

Oh, and conrats on your Dialga, Fufu.
Good luck with getting a shiny Rotom, and thanks for the congrats! One question, why is it that Rotom isn't legendary? I don't really know if it's legendary or not, but I've always wondered why.

Edit: I just beat the E4. Now to get the PokeRadar...oh, yeah, I'm also going to transfer over a couple shinies. I'd like to get two shinies with the PokeRadar before I start soft resetting for Giratina. But who are these two Pokemon, you ask?

It's a secret. :P

Last edited:

Pokemon Breeder Zoria

Normal Type Master
Years
  • Seen Jan 12, 2008
Argh. I'm mad.

My friend, the one whom was supposed to start with Torchic didn't BRING his emerald. *sigh* Oh well, maybe tommorow?
And I am going to SR for Zapdos right now, after about 2000 SRs I'll have a rest... It gets tiring after awhile. BUT, I have meh camera handy just in case...

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
Years
Hey all.
I am going to take a break from PC for a while but will still look in every week to see what is happening in here.I will post every now and then just not as regular.I will ofcourse cary on shiny hunting and hope to have more when i get back to being on here more.

Bye all.

Dark Steelix Lv X

Final Atomic Buster
Years
Lol HUGE CONGRATS to Fufu on the Shiny Dialga!! Lol everyone who's been going after one has gotten it within a short time spand of each other LOL Shiny Dialga Swarm!! Heh Anyways I'm focusing on getting shiny chimchar on Pearl at the moment. I can't complete my Diamond's Nat dex till I can get a new router (stupid mesprit x__x) so I'll be EV training Dialga and gastly in my diamond for the E4 instead of hunting for now. Good luck to everyone on their hunts!

It's Just Fufu

Nostalgia is powerful.
Years
Rotom isn't legendary because it doesn't have legendary-level stats, and it can breed to make more Rotoms.
What about Phione, Salamence, Metagross, and Tyranitar? They have "legendary-level" stats, and they can breed (just to get their lower evolutionary forms for the last four).

Well, on my first chaining attempt, I got a nine chain. It certainly isn't hard, but it does take a while.

King Kobra

Shiny Giratina pwns you
Years
Take your time catching those Radies (Radar Shinies :P) MMSP, cause I got a while before I get to the Elite Four. I'm not going to go for Dialga (I'll just catch it, but not Shiny) because everyone has it now and I'd never use it anyway. Giratina is my next target, and I'm hoping to be at him by next weekend.

Grats on all the Shinies, good luck on all the hunts!

Edit: MMSP, Tyranitar, Salimence, and Metagross are all considered "That powerful non-legendary that takes a long time to reach". They're all very powerful but not considered legendary because they are either 1.) Obtainable in the wild by random appearance, 2.) Able to breed (with others or Ditto), and/or 3.) There is more than 1 that you can obtain using a single game pack. I'm not sure about Phione (I thought it was a legendary considering the resemblance to Manaphy) so I can't provide any more than that.

<I>Kobra<I>

Pokemon Breeder Zoria

Normal Type Master
Years
  • Seen Jan 12, 2008
Phione? Hmmm. It's not really a legendary, because it has a base stats of 80... compared to Manaphy's 100. I wouldn't consider it one. But I get to play my sister's Pokemon Ranger and get Manaphy twice. So, one to train and the other to breed. Manaphies can work wonders in battle. (I almost type Cattle. XD)

Aaand. My targets remain, Treecko and Zapdos. Zapdos is giving me a headache, I feel like stabbing a nail through it's head. No offence, Zapdos. Treecko dosen't bug me as much, for some reason, I find biking up and down fun. 0.0

LordxDanswich

Lord of the Sammich!
Years
Yay, i got my third pokeradar shiny ^_^ a surskit.

Seeing as surskit was my swarm today, and i've always wanted a shiny masquerain i decided to chain it, so i got to 40, stopped chaining and started resetting the radar, after using up one max repepl and then starting another, i saw the shiny patch appear at 41, a grin slowly crept across my face as i stepped towards the patch because i knew what that patch contained, boom! shiny surskit, the tale from here is pretty standard, swicthed to scizor and false swiped it, and threw one luxary ball to catch it.

It's a careful nature, and i haven't calculated it's iv's because i hold no fatih in serebii's calculator, and i can't figure out metalkid's (no laughing)

I tried to continue the chain and find another for my sister, but the chain broke at 43 oh well at least i found a new shiny, this is three shinys in as many days for me, a personal best.
What was suprising to me though, is that the chain i found my shiny surskit in was my first chain, normally, like my magnemite, i was resetting my game for days trying to get my chain up to 40.

Good luck shiny hunting ya'll, next target is dunsparce, which are swarming on my pearl now that i put the clock forward one day.

I'll try and get pictures of surskit soon, as well as pictures of my magnemites

Years
well i am back with no new shinys but i am training for the elite four in my pearl because i lost twice lol well if i come across a shinys i will tell you

btw does the pokerader in d/p increase your chances in finding a shiny? because i was reading a book and it talked about finding shinys with the pokerader

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
Years
Everyone has a different answer to the pokeradar. Some say that the chain increases the chance of it being a shiny. But I think that because you see more than one pokemon with it sometimes the odds remain the same but the amount of pokemon you acctualy have to fight is decreased.

It's Just Fufu

Nostalgia is powerful.
Years
What are your shiny Pokemon?

And aren't you the person who is always telling people that shiny hunting is a waste of time?

Edit: Lately I haven't had time to soft reset for Jirachi, so I'm just going to stop hunting for it. I don't really know if I'll ever get back to hunting for it,really. Anyways, I'm going to use the Sapphire to soft reset for another Mudkip.

Electrike is swarming in my game, so I'm going to try to chain it...maybe the relative ease it will take to chain the Electrike will make me less annoyed with the PokeRadar. If I get it, I'll begin soft resetting for Suicune today. Good luck, everyone.

Edit2: The PokeRadar is now more annoying than ever. I'm going to get one more shiny through soft resetting on Diamond (hopefully), then I'll return to using it. I'm soft resetting for Azelf.

Last edited:

DDD'SSCEPTILE

GekkouKitsune : Shiny Master
Years
Lol, annoying????? ANNOYING!?!?! That little piece of Magikarp is getting on my nerves. I've been radaring for FOUR DAYS with 33 RALTS in a chain and NOTHING. NOTHING!!!! I'm in 700 repels left!! This is ridiculous!!!!

I was training my Roselia and "shunting" at the same time, but then I didn't realize it got that high.... so I stopped and switched from trainer to Shiny Hunter. But it makes no difference. People can say what they want. It still depends on how lucky you are, and currently, iSuck. :(

Please.... I'm actually hoping I either break the chain or get one soon, cause I'm about to go crazy. I need a total break. I need to check my GTS trade and see if I have a Bonsly....

This has been such a brutal experience, and reminds me of the week I went crazy for Totodile, yet I am taking breaks from the system itself, but.... You'd think I'd have a "dozen" of them now..... >_>;

I even forgot my strategy. What was I going to do when I battle it? Oh, yeah, take a picture, switch to Venomoth, and then Sleep Powder and try my best. I'd like to get back to training my Roselia and move on to my other Pokemon, please.....

Diamond: Ralts
Pearl: On Hold, but I have big plans for this one *Good luck on Bagon DP*

R/S: On Hold

Emerald: Vaguely Magnemite.... Heartbreaking, Magnemite was my own Swarm Pokemon once and I tried really hard but... didn't see it and after midnight I forgot to use a Repel and screwed up...

FR1: On Hold, dropped my target (details later)
FR2: On Hold
LG: Charmander

Wish me luck. Cuz I certainly don't have any right now. 0_o' I got too close to the edge and aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhh..... my luck hit rock bottom. XD :(

Good luck everyone.....

Ja, sayonara.

edit:

I just blew it. "The grassy patch remained quiet".
4 days of hard work down the drain. That's pretty devastating.
'Yay, DDD! You get to start all over now!'

Last edited:

Pokemon Breeder Zoria

Normal Type Master
Years
  • Seen Jan 12, 2008
Yay, i got my third pokeradar shiny ^_^ a surskit.

Seeing as surskit was my swarm today, and i've always wanted a shiny masquerain i decided to chain it, so i got to 40, stopped chaining and started resetting the radar, after using up one max repepl and then starting another, i saw the shiny patch appear at 41, a grin slowly crept across my face as i stepped towards the patch because i knew what that patch contained, boom! shiny surskit, the tale from here is pretty standard, swicthed to scizor and false swiped it, and threw one luxary ball to catch it.

It's a careful nature, and i haven't calculated it's iv's because i hold no fatih in serebii's calculator, and i can't figure out metalkid's (no laughing)

I tried to continue the chain and find another for my sister, but the chain broke at 43 oh well at least i found a new shiny, this is three shinys in as many days for me, a personal best.
What was suprising to me though, is that the chain i found my shiny surskit in was my first chain, normally, like my magnemite, i was resetting my game for days trying to get my chain up to 40.

Good luck shiny hunting ya'll, next target is dunsparce, which are swarming on my pearl now that i put the clock forward one day.

I'll try and get pictures of surskit soon, as well as pictures of my magnemites
Congratulations!
I, personally, also love shiny Masquerians! I'm gonna suspend my Treecko hunt and Pokeradar for a random shiny. XD Now... I gotts check my swarm! Which is...
Farfetch'd... again...
I'll do my mansion instead...
Bonsly! Wow! *rubs hands*
Also, I still haven't gotten S. Zapdos. Grr. *stabs nail in it's head*

It's Just Fufu

Nostalgia is powerful.
Years
I just caught an Azelf with these IVs.

HP 30, 31
Att 14, 15
Def 4, 5
Sp A 28, 29
Sp D 10, 11, 12, 13
Speed 31 (It is "Alert to Sounds")

I used Metalkid's IV Calc....this thing is amazing. It almost makes me just want to keep it and soft reset for a shiny Azelf on Pearl. Alas, I soft reset this Azelf. This is rather depressing, actually.

Edit: It also had a Naive nature, which is exactly what I'm looking for. I have a Naive Synchronize "Kadabdab" of course.

Last edited:

Pokemon Breeder Zoria

Normal Type Master
Years
  • Seen Jan 12, 2008
I just caught an Azelf with these IVs.

HP 30, 31
Att 14, 15
Def 4, 5
Sp A 28, 29
Sp D 10, 11, 12, 13
Speed 31 (It is "Alert to Sounds")

I used Metalkid's IV Calc....this thing is amazing. It almost makes me just want to keep it and soft reset for a shiny Azelf on Pearl. Alas, I soft reset this Azelf. This is rather depressing, actually.
That thing owns my Agunomuu...
Congratulations on the super-IV Azelf!

Back