• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

King Kobra

Shiny Giratina pwns you
Years
Grats Kratos! I haven't gotten teh radar yet, but from that video Yami posted, I have no idea how to work it. I'm sure the video was greta, but I didn't get it at all, it seemed like she missed some things in explaining. I dunno...

No progress at all, been busy with School and finals...

<I>Kobra<I>

King Kobra

Shiny Giratina pwns you
Years
I never said Yami was a girl, I said the video Yami posted, here in teh club. The link to it. I know Shuko is teh video person, I was referencing it in an easier way.

My Octillery is at lvl 34 and I'm going to get it to 49-50 before I continue. All my others are at 41-42, so those need to be trained up also.

Giratina, just chill a bit while I get to you ><

<I>Kobra<I>

Years
I'm seriously getting peeved at how my Seviper chains keep breaking. In the process, I think I discovered another rule:

If there's more than one patch which satisfies all the other rules, reset the radar.

I also believe that a patch is safe even if it's only three cells away (as in, outside a 7x7 box with your character in the middle). It's also safe to enter a patch at a side/corner, and such patches should be considered "safe" for my above rule. (That is, if there are two viable patches, both of which are far enough away, and one is on a side/corner, reset the radar.) The only problem with patches at sides/corners is that you're likely going to have to reset the radar after going into them, because you'll usually get less than four shakes.

Also, considering how a chain can be broken even by the Pokémon you're chaining, I get the feeling that Static/Magnet Pull don't help past the initial encounter that gets the chain going. So it's probably safe to switch in a Synchronizer/Cute Charmer after that point.

Ugg, still chaining Sevipers. My longest chain is still 16, which doesn't even register in my Poketch.

Pokemon Breeder Zoria

Normal Type Master
Years
  • Seen Jan 12, 2008
I'm seriously getting peeved at how my Seviper chains keep breaking. In the process, I think I discovered another rule:

If there's more than one patch which satisfies all the other rules, reset the radar.

I also believe that a patch is safe even if it's only three cells away (as in, outside a 7x7 box with your character in the middle). It's also safe to enter a patch at a side/corner, and such patches should be considered "safe" for my above rule. (That is, if there are two viable patches, both of which are far enough away, and one is on a side/corner, reset the radar.) The only problem with patches at sides/corners is that you're likely going to have to reset the radar after going into them, because you'll usually get less than four shakes.

Also, considering how a chain can be broken even by the Pokémon you're chaining, I get the feeling that Static/Magnet Pull don't help past the initial encounter that gets the chain going. So it's probably safe to switch in a Synchronizer/Cute Charmer after that point.

Ugg, still chaining Sevipers. My longest chain is still 16, which doesn't even register in my Poketch.

Hmm. I'll remember that...
I've chained 36 budews so far...

And Zapdos is being stubborn. 'Tis my 7th day of Shiny Zapdos hunting.

It's Just Fufu

Nostalgia is powerful.
Years
I think I understand what you're saying, MM. Are you saying that if you get TWO patches that are both:

Four steps away from
Are the farthest away from you (equal distance)
Shake the same way as the initial encounter

Then you should just reset the radar? And if one of these patches are on the corner, you should go to that patch in the corner? Hm, I'll need to try this out for myself, eventually.

I can't find my GBA SP Charger. =/

Years
If one of those patches is in the corner, reset the radar anyway. Also reset the radar even if the two viable patches aren't the same distance away.

If there's only one usable patch and it's in the corner, it's safe to go into, but you can expect that you'll need to reset the radar afterwards. There's also a bit more of a risk of the grass "falling silent," though that's never happened to me yet.

Pokemon Breeder Zoria

Normal Type Master
Years
  • Seen Jan 12, 2008
I rearanged my siggy. Now...

As for Zapdos, this is the 8th day of SRing. Over 4,300 SRs I beleive, I wasn't really counting. I have to wait untill Zapdos is fully across the screen, cause it's Shiny Version looks almost identical, just a hint darker... I wish I could tell beforehand.

Treeckos... I hatched about 23 yesterday, and no Shiny. Meh. I've been hunting for at least a month for that little bugger. D= I heart normal types, so, of course, guess what I am going for next? If you guessed one of my all time favourites, Spearow, then you are correct. I love those birdies. *pokes my Spearows, Sashiki and Sakiya* I plan on EV training them real soon..

As for emerald, mine dosen't save! Oh my gosh, and the store does not take refunds. *sigh* So... my friend offered to trade emeralds, cause he dosen't care, he'll just keep his GBA SP on all the time. Though I KNOW his mom will shut it off after like, 5 hours..

Dragon Tamer Ed

Formerly DarkParukia
Years
Since chaining Bagon has proven difficult I decided to put the hunt on hold, and head to Lake Verity to get back the shiny Starly I lost at the start of the game. I made a chain of 34 easily, then made the mistake of stepping into a shaking corner-patch. No shaking afterwards.

I also have a theory of why Legendary Pokemon can't breed, and am working on putting it into comic form. Should be done soon, then you can all see it.

It's Just Fufu

Nostalgia is powerful.
Years
PBZ, want to race for a shiny Zapdos? I really need to hunt for something on FireRed.

I would be hunting for Suicune and Latias simultaneously, but my mother is making me do research for her upcoming oral presentation, so I'm stuck in front of the computer. Guess I'll just hunt for Latias and Zapdos. Good luck, everyone.

Pokemon Breeder Zoria

Normal Type Master
Years
  • Seen Jan 12, 2008
PBZ, want to race for a shiny Zapdos? I really need to hunt for something on FireRed.

I would be hunting for Suicune and Latias simultaneously, but my mother is making me do research for her upcoming oral presentation, so I'm stuck in front of the computer. Guess I'll just hunt for Latias and Zapdos. Good luck, everyone.
Just call me Zoria, and sure. ^^ I was looking for some challenge in this.

Rawr. Since I never played R/S/E, I'm practising with the one that dosen't save, I'm on the 2nd gym and my team is awesome, I don't wanna shut it off now. D= I will have to tommorow, cause I get another Emerald...
That saves. But my Combusken owns baby penguins.

It's Just Fufu

Nostalgia is powerful.
Years
I finished my comic. Here's the link:

http://pkmncommunity.com/showthread.php?t=86869

Now to get back to hunting shiny Starly.

Read the comic, it was humorous. The tidbit at the end was the funniest part. But overall, very nice. :D

As I'm typing this, I'm soft resetting for a shiny Bulbasaur. I was having a discussion with my cousin's over the phone, and he randomly said he found a shiny Charmander (he's soft resetting for it). I didn't believe him (I never do, unless I'm there when he gets the shiny), but it did make me remember the look on my face and how I felt when I got a shiny Charmander back last June (June 18th, iirc), so yeah, I want a shiny Bulbasaur pretty badly.

Pretty much, Bulbasaur and Turtwig are my top shiny hunting priorities while the PokeRadar and Suicune are coming close in second. Mudkip and Zapdos are less important to me really. Good luck, everybody.

Edit: Natu, a shiny I've always wanted, is swarming in my game today.
*Gets Timid Synchronize Abra*

Last edited:

Dark Steelix Lv X

Final Atomic Buster
Years
Lol Seems that radar hunting is not as easy and simple as it seems, still feel that more than one shiny per chain is cheap though. I won't be able to try for that for a while since I can't complete my nat dex since I won't have a new router till next month to get Mesprit (why does it have to run :p) and in Pearl I'm still stuck SRing for chimchar (COME ON ALREADY!!) So in diamond I've finished EV training my gastly (now haunter but not gengar since I can't trade) and am now training up a bibarel for catching and I'm looking for a Bold Synchro abra, then I will begin SRing for Uxie (everyone else always goes for azelf first :p). As long as abra isn't a #@^$* and refuses to show up Bold, I'll begin SRing for Uxie today. Good luck to everyone on their hunts!

It's Just Fufu

Nostalgia is powerful.
Years
*sigh*
What the heck is wrong with my game?

Edit:
ShinyPoochy2.jpg

And if you don't believe me, you can compare the above pic to this one:

ShinyPoochy.jpg

The Mudkip in the above one (the one that just happened) has 21 HP. The Mudkip in the below pic has 20 HP.

I was soft resetting for Turtwig, Bulbasaur, and Mudkip when it happened.

:(

Dragon Tamer Ed

Formerly DarkParukia
Years
Another one? How many times has that happened to you now in total? Maybe if you catch a shiny Poochy/Ziggy they'll stop bugging you. Try the Radar. And at least you'll feel that less have escaped you. That's why I'm hunting shiny Starly. Because I lost one while SRing. Thank God Staraptor is also a good Pokemon worth hunting.

Back