• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

Christopher

Hear Me Roar
Years
  • @G-Money - Sounds like a great Idea. Will there be a set method we use or are any methods open? I only because of chain fishing being able to catch several shinies a day.

Got a shiny Luvdisc out of chain fishing today, although I don't think it can actually be counted as that since my chain was only about 3. I was at a friend's house playing my brand new copy of Y and I kept getting distracted, which made my chains go to a max of only 10 so I assume the odds wouldn't have been very high...

But yeah, first 3D shiny :D
    Also congrats on all the recent shinies. What's with the friend safari being so widely used for hunting? I don't get it.
    Congrats on the shiny.

Well the consensus is it's much easier to catch shinies in the FS many have speculated that the chance could be as low as 1/500 however I think that's a bit low, I would say maybe 1/1000. In any case it's much easier to catch them there.

No new shinies for me yet as I've left the Friend Safari to try and Masuda a Ralts,Charmander or Riolu. I switch every 120 eggs. Good luck to everyone hunting.

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
    Years
  • I would be up for attempting to complete that, We would have to update the list though on everything new we all have.

PekoponTAS

Game Boy Advance Fan
    Years
  • I like the idea of bringing back the shiny Pokedex, but I think monthly quests should still be around alongside it. I really like the monthly quests as they give me something to aim for when I'm not sure what to hunt. It would be a shame to not have them for a whole year.

Oh! And also I come back with great news! I was able to reclaim the shiny that really got me into hunting for shinies! A couple years back I found a shiny mankey in leafgreen, and then a shiny spearow about ten encounters later. That really got me pumped to look for more shinies, which resulted in my shiny torchic, shiny machop, and shiny weedle that eventually spiraled me into shiny mania. Sadly the only one of those shinies I still have is my shiny adamant Beedrill from leafgreen, but last night I ran across a shiny mankey! I evolved it into Primeape, and once I play through ruby again I'm going to use it in Tough contests. It has a bold nature, which isn't the greatest for battling or contests, but it's close enough that he could do well in Tough contests, especially with some of the moves Primeape can learn. I called him "Dirtbag" because Shiny Primeape looks like a Primeape that hasn't taken a shower in three weeks. XD

~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

Chr. Draco

Spatial Rift
    Years
    • Seen Apr 6, 2024
    congrats on all shinies.

i think we can still do the monthly/weekly challenge along with the shiny dex; it would be good to have them both, that way some people will have something to hunt when they can't decide what to hunt next. I think it would be good to have back the march madness where you can aim for any pokemon and try to get the most amount of pokemon posible and also add records in the SHC. I think we can make monthly challenges under certain months like monthly events and the weekly challenges can be done representing a special or important day in history. Maybe we can also try something like a three month rally where you have to get pokemon fulfilling certain criteria (i would like to organize that). these are just ideas.

cya later and happy hunting.

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
    Years
  • I'm interested in joining! I currently have a shiny Fearow named Karliah which I caught in my FireRed as a Spearow. Currently I am looking in Mt. Moon on HeartGold for a shiny using the White Flute and Starmie's Illuminate ability. I'd like a shiny Sandshrew or Sandslash preferably.

Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2014
    Sleepily caught 2 more chain fishing shinies: red-striped basculin and poliwag.

On that note, what is your opinion on chain fishing and, if you think it's bad, what should be done to improve it?

I'm curious to know what you think since this is such an easy effortless way to get shinies (I seriously fell asleep more than 5 times while I was hunting and it took me about an hour to get both of them).

Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2014
    I'm seriously the luckiest person alive. Shiny Froakie after only 23 eggs.

No words can express the happiness I feel right now...

EDIT: Here's some pictures I took with my phone.

Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
  • Hey guys! If some of you may recall I was hunting on the side while I hunt for Espurr. Well something finally shined on my Black version. After 29206 RE a shiny Woobat appeared. I was magnet pulling for Mawile so I'm a little disappointed but I'm just so glad my longest RE hunt I've ever had is finally over. Hopefully this is a record I don't break again.

I may still hunt for Mawile, not sure yet. Still going for Espurr and hunting in Nature Preserve on White 2.

Mystify

confused
    Years
    • Seen Jan 10, 2020
    Heyy everyone, I used to be part of this club under a different name (NightOfRemorse, lol. Not a big fan of that name anymore obviously) and I believe I was SRing for shiny Dialga last time I was here? I ended up stopping that hunt and I never found time to get the free Dialga, Palkia, and Giratina that were handed out by Gamestop. For a while I thought about not hunting anymore due to lack of interest, but then somehow got into masuda method again so I might be back for the time being. I got a shiny Sentret around a month ago, and a shiny Sneasel that I hatched yesterday on Friday the thirteenth. I might edit in pictures, so yeah. Sup.

G-Money

Polychromatic Iridescence
    Years
  • Shiny!!!! My over-two-year-long Icefall Cave has finally given me a shiny - Golbat on #12340! What a number to get a shiny on, haha.

December is definitely my favorite month. December 2011 gave me 3 shinies and December 2013 has given me 3 shinies, and I got 2 shinies in the 23 months in between, haha. Yay December!

Spoiler:

@G-Money - Sounds like a great Idea. Will there be a set method we use or are any methods open? I only because of chain fishing being able to catch several shinies a day.

I was thinking that chain fishing and Pokeradar should be excluded. 1/8192 and MM (GenIV/GenV) should definitely be allowed, but I'm not totally sure how we should handle the GenVI odds...shinies are more common now, but if you get a random 1/4096 shiny in the wild, it should probably count...but what about GenVI MM? We could discuss this further before the end of the year. I suppose it would make it fair for everyone if we required 1/8192 for the Dex, but on the other hand, that would exclude hunting on GenVI games...we can be open to whatever people want to do.

I like the idea of bringing back the shiny Pokedex, but I think monthly quests should still be around alongside it. I really like the monthly quests as they give me something to aim for when I'm not sure what to hunt. It would be a shame to not have them for a whole year.

We could do that! And congrats on the shiny Mankey!

i think we can still do the monthly/weekly challenge along with the shiny dex; it would be good to have them both, that way some people will have something to hunt when they can't decide what to hunt next. I think it would be good to have back the march madness where you can aim for any pokemon and try to get the most amount of pokemon posible and also add records in the SHC. I think we can make monthly challenges under certain months like monthly events and the weekly challenges can be done representing a special or important day in history. Maybe we can also try something like a three month rally where you have to get pokemon fulfilling certain criteria (i would like to organize that). these are just ideas.

Those are some good ideas, Chr. Draco! What were you thinking about for the three-month rally?

Spoiler:

----------

So I figured that I'd try to knock out my two 10,000+ hunts together, so I continued SRing for the Johto starters while hunting in Icefall Cave. 16677 Johto starters so far!

Christopher

Hear Me Roar
    Years
  • Welcome to the new guys, and congrats on all the shinies. 12340 & 29000+ Encounters...I don't think I could even keep track of that :D.

I was thinking that chain fishing and Pokeradar should be excluded. 1/8192 and MM (GenIV/GenV) should definitely be allowed, but I'm not totally sure how we should handle the GenVI odds...shinies are more common now, but if you get a random 1/4096 shiny in the wild, it should probably count...but what about GenVI MM? We could discuss this further before the end of the year. I suppose it would make it fair for everyone if we required 1/8192 for the Dex, but on the other hand, that would exclude hunting on GenVI games...I'd be open to whatever people want to do.

To be honest I think excluding gen 6 is a bad idea. I really don't see myself returning the the DS versions anytime soon, unless I get the urge to SR a legend. I know the random encounter odds were cut in half but it's not like they're popping up everyday and I'm not sure MM odds were changed...? I get that the hunt is half the fun but why intentionally make things harder then they need to be? I'd be open to excluding Chain fishing and PokeRadar, (even though I've never been able to use it right) there might be a good case to be made for the Friend Safari being excluded as well.

On a different note, I just encountered a Shiny Miltank on my X version. (took a break from hunting on Y). I might just use it for my playthrough too, I haven't decided yet.

Years
  • I was thinking that chain fishing and Pokeradar should be excluded. 1/8192 and MM (GenIV/GenV) should definitely be allowed, but I'm not totally sure how we should handle the GenVI odds...shinies are more common now, but if you get a random 1/4096 shiny in the wild, it should probably count...but what about GenVI MM? We could discuss this further before the end of the year. I suppose it would make it fair for everyone if we required 1/8192 for the Dex, but on the other hand, that would exclude hunting on GenVI games...we can be open to whatever people want to do.

Huge congrats on your shinies too G! I assume you must be getting back to hunting a bit more nowadays huh? :3

As far as your above post, I agree completely with chain fishing and pokeradar. The odds with both the methods are ridiculously high to include.
    GenVI MM isn't confirmed to have been changed at all, and I really don't think it has personally.
    And how about what we did with the shiny charm, having to find two shinies as the odds have been precisely cut in half? For the dex, the club as a whole would have to find two of the same shiny for it to be put in the dex.

Just my two cents!

Congrats on everyone else's shinies and good luck on all your hunts! I'm at 4250 REs for Eevee in Route 10 myself.

Runasutaru

Guardian Spectre
    Years
  • Congratulations on all captures, fellow hunters!

Today, I bring you an astonishing find.

Non-MM Shiny. BAM. 1/4096 chance. Right in my face while IV breeding AND it's a Shiny that hits me right in the feels - Tentacool!

I have named her Jyrvakiryu after one of my lost female Shiny Tentacool, the first non-Gyarados Shiny I got to keep (first one was Poliwag in a Gen II ROM).

Spoiler:

Sweet stuff, since she also managed to grab three max IVs in SpA, SpD and Spe, and she has a low Atk IV (awesome), an average Def IV and an HP IV of 28! I'm going to take her into competitive battling.

My weighing in on the ideas for the next year:

1. If you must exclude Gen VI, it should only be done partially. Include all Gen VI Pokémon, of course, and any wild Pokémon that do not have a presence in the Friend Safari. Exclude any obtained from chaining. I would potentially still include the Masuda Method, since even if its chances have been doubled, it can still take some work. I feel that it's right on the margin of reasonable rarity, considering the time spent on egg hatching;

2. Definitely keep the normal challenges in so that people who aren't going to participate can still do things, or so the people who think they may get beaten to the punch (or people who have multiple systems) still have stuff to aim for;

3. I am unlikely to participate in it unless I get an entry by luck, as I prefer to focus on IV breeding first and foremost and rarely do any hunting other than egg hatching. I can barely stand soft-resetting and will surely not be doing wild encounters.

Last edited:

Blaki'

I wonder what's for dinner :3
    Years
  • When I saw this thread, I thought I need to check it out. And, I'm joining because hunting shinies is really fun n.n (most of the time). Currently, I have Golem, Venomoth, Raticate, Vanilluxe and Sylveon. I'll post pictures as soon as I can ^^ I'm also searching in Friend Safari for new shinies I can catch. Good luck everybody !

Years
    • Seen Jan 15, 2014
    so just got pokemon black today and will be getting my 3ds and x soon but right now hunting for shiny tepig using SR's and congrats on everyone for all of there shiny findings and good luck on your hunts

Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2014
    I sorta mighta maybe hacked in all the starters as shiny lv. 100s. But I actually caught a shiny senret and bred a shiny charmander.

Mystify

confused
    Years
    • Seen Jan 10, 2020
    "lol" before I even read the post I knew it was you because of the unique font, haha. Welcome back and congrats on the Sneasel and Sentret![/SPOILER]

----------

So I figured that I'd try to knock out my two 10,000+ hunts together, so I continued SRing for the Johto starters while hunting in Icefall Cave. 16677 Johto starters so far!
    Haha I actually thought so while I was typing. "Will my font give me away?" Good luck with your Johto starters hunt!
    Congrats on all new shines in the club as well! I myself don't know what to go for next, right now I'm gonna focus on getting my last gym badge in X.

Back