• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2014
    Alright so, after being hospitalized for 2 or 3 weeks, I spent my whole time catching up on animal crossing and hunting of course. So the results are:
    Spoiler:

So, apart from getting into competitive battling using almost exclusively shinies, nothing has been going on. I do feel better now so I can finally sit down.

Have I missed anything these past weeks?

Years
  • Wait until April so I can claim it as the new Lunis Challenge.

Well since you put it that way;)
    I will take the time to focus on trading for the rest of my ultimate collection and try to think of a comp. team.

Originally Posted by Rezu
    Alright so, after being hospitalized for 2 or 3 weeks, I spent my whole time catching up on animal crossing and hunting of course. So the results are:
    Spoiler:

So, apart from getting into competitive battling using almost exclusively shinies, nothing has been going on. I do feel better now so I can finally sit down.

Have I missed anything these past weeks?
    OMG, so sorry to hear you have been in the hospital, I hope everything is ok now. And also congrats on all the new shinies.:)

Years
  • A legit team, or one for funsies? Either way, you should have plenty of shiny Pokemon to choose from :)

Probably a mix of both. A legit team, used for fun mainly.
    I don't like battling on here. That's the reason I took a hiatus before, too many elitist $/!^#&#&! To make it fun, and it turned me off of pokemon for awhile.
    I do indeed have plenty to choose from but the bad thing....I want to pick a shiny mega evolution pokemon as my "center" and I don't have any kalos bred pokemon that mega evolve besides kangskhan. And isn't that considered uber now? I haven't look at an updated list in over a year.
    Need to look for a 5IV or 6IV medicham in shiny form. Heard he's a beast.

I can see why a lot of people only want kalos born shinies now:/ XD

Sandslash Fan

Spikey Boi
    Years

• Probably a mix of both. A legit team, used for fun mainly.
    I don't like battling on here. That's the reason I took a hiatus before, too many elitist $/!^#&#&! To make it fun, and it turned me off of pokemon for awhile.
    I do indeed have plenty to choose from but the bad thing....I want to pick a shiny mega evolution pokemon as my "center" and I don't have any kalos bred pokemon that mega evolve besides kangskhan. And isn't that considered uber now? I haven't look at an updated list in over a year.
    Need to look for a 5IV or 6IV medicham in shiny form. Heard he's a beast.

I can see why a lot of people only want kalos born shinies now:/ XD
    Mega Kangaskhan is banned on Smogon, but I'll play against ya with my Breakfast Team. I threw it together completely for fun :)

On-topic with shinies: Hunted in a friend's safari for a good hour or two last night and didn't find anything. Was even trying to match natures with my fainted Ralts in the lead.

Years
  • Mega Kangaskhan is banned on Smogon, but I'll play against ya with my Breakfast Team. I threw it together completely for fun :)

On-topic with shinies: Hunted in a friend's safari for a good hour or two last night and didn't find anything. Was even trying to match natures with my fainted Ralts in the lead.

Breakfast team? I'm intrigued:)
    What pokemon were in the safari? I think i might also hunt for a floette instead of cloning and evolving my flabébé. Wish it was a white flower though:/

Sandslash Fan

Spikey Boi
    Years
  • I am taking another break from Eevee hatching and trying to find an Impish Steelix in a safari I have access to. I really enjoyed using the in-game trade during my Nuzlocke (see signature) and think a shiny Steelix would be pretty sweet.

EDIT: Find my team here on Marriland's site

EVEN MORE EDIT: To avoid double-posting, I'll just add that I did catch a shiny Pokemon in the Rock-type safari, but it wasn't a Steelix. Got a Barbaracle with the blasted hidden ability. Didn't even score Impish nature on it haha! It was the very first Pokemon I ran into on the safari though. I was testing whether tipping helps improve odds or not. This leads me to believe it more now than I used to.

I shall name him - Palmolive.

Last edited:
    Years
  • I am taking another break from Eevee hatching and trying to find an Impish Steelix in a safari I have access to. I really enjoyed using the in-game trade during my Nuzlocke (see signature) and think a shiny Steelix would be pretty sweet.

EDIT: Find my team here on Marriland's site

EVEN MORE EDIT: To avoid double-posting, I'll just add that I did catch a shiny Pokemon in the Rock-type safari, but it wasn't a Steelix. Got a Barbaracle with the blasted hidden ability. Didn't even score Impish nature on it haha! It was the very first Pokemon I ran into on the safari though. I was testing whether tipping helps improve odds or not. This leads me to believe it more now than I used to.

I shall name him - Palmolive.

You come up with the best nicknames!

Kirozane

Frolic and fun~
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Sep 12, 2023
    So, only a few days after Watermelon comes to me, my next hunt completes!

Meet Jin everyone!

Spoiler:

It took less eggs than watermelon, that's all I know. I was hatching while hanging out with friends so they bore witness to my new shiny.

I'm one step closer to have one of every shiny mega!

Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2014

OMG, so sorry to hear you have been in the hospital, I hope everything is ok now. And also congrats on all the new shinies.:)
    It was nothing a bit of rest couldn't fix "Rezu used Rest" "Rezu slept and became healthy", 2 weeks later, "Rezu woke up". And now I'm back at it.

Spent almost all day yesterday hunting and I found a shiny Camerupt and a shiny Primeape, both of them with a Bold nature and the ability Anger Point. Makes me feel like they're long lost brothers somehow lol.

On the topic of Kalos born shinies I traded for some shinies that aren't from the region aswell. One of them, Cofagrigus, is actually a nice addition to my team as a trick room user. He even came with hidden power fighting, fully EV trained and all his attacks with maxed PP. I don't get why people wouldn't want these guys.

EDIT: My signature is now updated and much prettier :3

Last edited:

Sandslash Fan

Spikey Boi
    Years
  • ... Spent almost all day yesterday hunting and I found a shiny Camerupt ...
    I'm so jelly! <3 Ground-type Pokemon.

I need to get around to exploring more safaris. My initial goal in each safari is to find a female with the hidden ability. Shiny hunting comes second.

Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2014
    I'm so jelly! <3 Ground-type Pokemon.

I need to get around to exploring more safaris. My initial goal in each safari is to find a female with the hidden ability. Shiny hunting comes second.
    Yeah I need to do that too. I've been looking for an iron type safari for ages but no one seems to have one. I really want to get a shiny metang, but then again, who doesen't?

I'm currently camped on a water safari with Azumarill, Octillery and Wartortle while I wait for people to add. If someone reading this has an iron type safari, even without metang, please PM me.

Kirozane

Frolic and fun~
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Sep 12, 2023
    So, as you all know, I'm now working on getting every mega pokemon shiny. There's a couple I still need to transfer over (Namely mewtwo and Latias) but my next member shone just moments ago!

Spoiler:

Margulis! If anyone can guess the game my two charmander's names came from... you will be my favorite person. :3

Back