• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

PhantomWolf

SWEET MOTHER TERESA ON THE HOOD OF A MERCEDES BENZ
Years
    • Seen Mar 2, 2017
    for anyone MMing starters, i have all the starters with their HAs that i can breed more of. If anyone needs one, PM me to work something out!

ThatSlashGuy

that tech guy
    Years
  • I wish you luck in that. The worst part about that hunt is it takes ~5 min per reset because you have to save before the team aqua/magma battle, so you have to do that every time. But I hope you get it!

As for me, working on shiny mudkip to finish my hoenn starter trio. I'm at about 500 SRs so far with no luck. Ah well.

Keep trying on that Mudkip, you never know when you could get it. And if you keep trying it, it makes the reaction a whole lot better! Good luck!

Kirozane

Frolic and fun~
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Sep 12, 2023
    Keep trying on that Mudkip, you never know when you could get it. And if you keep trying it, it makes the reaction a whole lot better! Good luck!

Thanks! Torchic took me about 3k, and treecko 12k. So determination is nothing new to me. That purplekip will exist! (I'm at ~1200 SRs now)

G-Money

Polychromatic Iridescence
    Years
  • 7000 Bulbasaur
    17181 Johto starters
    Enough Moor of Icirrus encounters to convince me that a shroud of mist is hiding all of the shinies there and reducing their encounter probability to an infinitesimal rate that I infer to be nonzero only on the basis of my hopes and dreams of becoming a great shiny hunter who catches historic numbers of shinies and by so doing adds ever more shinies to his banner of shinies in his signature that has endlessly moving icons of shinies gotten in the past but doesn't include shinies caught in the future which is why it isn't showing any Moor of Icirrus shinies right now

After I get these shinies (I'm being very optimistically presumptive, haha), I'm going to go for Squirtle and then Charmander in FR, since this'll be the last time I'll be able to do relatively quick 1/8192 SRs for the Kanto starters. Then I'll Badge Quest with shiny Charmander and hopefully go on a crazy FR shiny spree! {:3}

I've done enough Johto starters that you could count them as three separate hunts and say that all three are over the median! I've seen over 5678 Chikorita, 5678 Cyndaquil, and 5678 Totodile, "lol!" Of any hunt, this is absolutely the one I'd want to go the longest - the SRs are faster here than anywhere else, so 17000 Johto starters are a lot easier than 1000 of some tougher shinies, haha. Of any hunt, this is totally the one I'm okay with being an extreme outlier, "lol!" :cheeky:

Once I get Cyndaquil, I think I'll try to get a Chikorita to play through with and maybe go for a HG Badge Quest en route to getting shiny Rayquaza, the indisputably coolest shiny of all time! :happy2:

*awaits uproar*

After I get a Moor of Icirrus shiny...well, I'll probably get on a hoverboard and do Relic Castle encounters in Black 2 to continue searching for shiny Yamask! My robot army might help me set up the celebration, too! {XD}

Hey, OG! (see what I did there?)
    I wish you a lot of luck with those hunts; it really sucks to go over median and average hunt times.

I actually have a question here:
    Has anyone found a good enough study on DexNav Shiny chances and, if so and it is highly likely that it gives an increased Shiny chance, does it then fall under one of those two categories, likely "chaining"?

Ha, tell me about it! My Soul Silver's clock has been running so many hours just for those Nincada eggs, and it'll likely run a whole lot more! I never did manage to hatch a Shiny pre-Masuda Method back in the days, so I have the expectation that this may never happen (or at least not in a feasible amount of time).

"lol" awesome, OR! :laugh: Thanks!

Congrats on the Swablu and Shroomish and good luck getting Vulpix!

I haven't seen the odds of Dexchaining confirmed, but they appear to be better than 1 in 1000, so we aren't counting them for official quests for now. If they turn out to be the same as regular encountering (although I don't think they are, but I'm not totally sure), we'll start counting them!

Speaking of in-game clocks, my FR is at 47 minutes just from taking a couple of steps after every 25 SRs and resaving. Professor Oak must think that I never thought about what starter to pick, haha!

Hey guys, I'm ThatSlashGuy, but you can call me whatever.

My current goal right now is hopes for breeding a shiny Wingull. Wish me luck!

Welcome to the SHC, whatever! :P

Good luck on your Wingull and Latias hunts - Latias is one of the coolest shinies ever! It's probs my second favorite after the unbeatable Rayquaza.

As for me, working on shiny mudkip to finish my hoenn starter trio. I'm at about 500 SRs so far with no luck. Ah well.

Good luck!

k right on ill give it a go

Good luck! Are you going after Latias or Latios?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2015
    latios i started it awhile ago but gave up quickly cause i wasnt sure if it would b shiny locked so ill start it again soon ive got alot of hunts goin on at the moment

Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2015
    k does anyone know if some shinies just cant b found in certain peoples games? ive been at luxio for ever mostly chains of 100 to 150 till ive hit 1000 search lvl and not one.

Kirozane

Frolic and fun~
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Sep 12, 2023
    latios i started it awhile ago but gave up quickly cause i wasnt sure if it would b shiny locked so ill start it again soon ive got alot of hunts goin on at the moment

k does anyone know if some shinies just cant b found in certain peoples games? ive been at luxio for ever mostly chains of 100 to 150 till ive hit 1000 search lvl and not one.

1) The gift lati is not shiny locked. It just takes forever to be able to look because of the battle you have to do first.
    2) No. I don't mean to sound mean, if you end up taking this that way, you're just having a bad luck streak. Keep at it. The key to shiny hunting is patience!

ThatSlashGuy

that tech guy
    Years
  • 1) The gift lati is not shiny locked. It just takes forever to be able to look because of the battle you have to do first.
    2) No. I don't mean to sound mean, if you end up taking this that way, you're just having a bad luck streak. Keep at it. The key to shiny hunting is patience!

You weren't kidding when you said it would take forever. I'm getting sick of the same battle over and over again {XD}. I've debated whether I wanna put that on the back burner, and keep hunting for the Wingull which I might just do.

Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2015
    Lol its all good sometimes it just seems like that. ive had so much better luck plus ive got the shiny charm this is the first one that this happened with. longest ive had before while chaining
    was around a chain of 350 search lvl wasnt much higher if i remember right. but i guess i just got horrible luck with this mon.

Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2015
    Nice, Dratini is a great one to have. Mine is now a lvl 100 Dragonite :)

Got my Y shiny charm yesterday, hope to have my AS one by the weeks end. So annoying to get all of them lol!

You weren't kidding when you said it would take forever. I'm getting sick of the same battle over and over again {XD}. I've debated whether I wanna put that on the back burner, and keep hunting for the Wingull which I might just do.

Dude i know right just the thought of that sr taking 5 or more thousand srs is what made
    me stop . ill try again another time

bill flibby

Chase is my favorite
    Years
  • Is this how to apply for membership?

The current shinies I have are:
    Wobbuffet (Honcho), Spinda (Jocelyn), Metagross (this one shouldn't really count, it's the event one that was available to everyone), Groudon (most definitely hacked. Received from wonder trade), Palkia (SpaceGod), Tornadus (Boreas), Goomy (Lord Goomy... It's level 100. Thank you, kind soul), Mawile (Lust), Seismitoad, Sceptile (Gewaldro), Ditto (Jublibber), Lucario, Zubat (Bartholomew), Hawlucha (Batgirl), Trubbish, Totodile, Vanillite (Gelato), Rotom (pikachu), Pachirisu, Umbreon, Magikarp (MiniKappa), Emboar (Ganon), Voltorb (Greatorb), Fennekin (Finn), aaand Milotic (Asuna).

The one I'm currently trying to MM for is Yamask. I'm not nearly as diligent as you folk seem to be, because I haven't been keeping a track on how many eggs I'm at now. I've just been breeding a few hours a day for a few days now. It's in the hundreds. I'll go for a Chansey after I get this Yamask, because shiny Chansey looks really weird.

G-Money

Polychromatic Iridescence
    Years
  • SHINY TOTODILE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"lol" this was my longest hunt ever, with Totodile shining on #22668! This beats my Duskull hunt by 404, but it was much, much quicker since it was a Johto starter, haha.

My other shiny Totodile was on December 24th, 2011, so I guess I've actually been at these Johto starters for a while, haha. I started hunting them on April 15th, 2011, and I still haven't found Cyndaquil!! "lol"

I've never nicknamed a shiny before, but bill flibby's awesome nicknames made me realize how cool nicknamed shinies are, haha. Meet Cobalt! :laugh:

~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

I'll transfer Cobalt from HG to SS and then get back to the hunt for a shiny Cyndaquil!

Is this how to apply for membership?

Yes! Welcome to the club! I really love your nicknames, haha. Milotic's, Tornadus's, Ditto's, and Goomy's are especially awesome! "lol" at the Rotom named pikachu, although I don't think any nickname will ever be able to beat Runasutaru's shiny Raticate, YLOSWG... {XD}

Good luck on your Yamask hunt! I'll be hunting for one too once I find a shiny in the Moor of Icirrus, if any of the Moor of Icirrus shinies ever decide to let me find them, "lol."

Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2015
    I dont think my post went through last time but i managed to finally find shiny luxio this took forever at 1150 encounters all from chaining .then a couple hours later i find a shiny swablu in a horde encounter. i named him Nimbus.

icycatelf

Alex
    Years
  • I haven't posted in over 2 months... what's up with that?

Let's see, the last Shiny I posted was Amaura, so here's what I've gotten since then:

Hidden Ability Girafarig (Masuda method)
    Female Espurr x2 (Masuda method) - already made plans to trade
    Male Espurr (Masuda method) - evolved into Meowstic
    Joltik (DexNav) - evolved into Galvantula
    Friend Ball Dunsparce (Masuda method)
    Bonsly (PokéRadar, DS) - evolved into Sudowoodo
    Egg Moves Tyrogue (Masuda method) - not evolving

Not sure what I'll try for yet (maybe Yanma?), but I think I'm going to take a break and focus on drawing for a while.

Congrats on all all the Shiny finds and good luck with your future hunts!

Years
  • Shinies I've previously owned, caught in the wild in X/Y & ORAS:
    Charizard (traded)
    Swallot (traded)

Shinies I have bred and currently have on ORAS:
    Milotic
    Cacturne
    Arcanine
    Flygon
    Pikachu
    Scizor

Currently trying to breed shiny Rufflet. Currently 7 boxes full of them.

bill flibby

Chase is my favorite
    Years
  • SHINY TOTODILE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Congrats on the Totodile! That's amazing! I'm always impressed by people who SR - I've never attempted it, but I'm sure I will in the future. Right now I think I'm waiting on the next generation of games to see what the legendaries are - I might SR for one of those if I take a fancy to any of them.
    But, again, congrats on your Toto! :D
    I've never nicknamed a shiny before, but bill flibby's awesome nicknames made me realize how cool nicknamed shinies are, haha. Meet Cobalt! :laugh:
    Yeah, I try to nickame all of my shinies because that just gives them even more personality. The ones that don't have nicknames are duds that I happened across (Seismetoad, for example. Was breeding for my living dex and didn't even notice I hatched a shiny one until it evolved and had a different color scheme). You picked an awesome name!
    Yes! Welcome to the club! I really love your nicknames, haha. Milotic's, Tornadus's, Ditto's, and Goomy's are especially awesome! "lol" at the Rotom named pikachu, although I don't think any nickname will ever be able to beat Runasutaru's shiny Raticate, YLOSWG... {XD}

Good luck on your Yamask hunt! I'll be hunting for one too once I find a shiny in the Moor of Icirrus, if any of the Moor of Icirrus shinies ever decide to let me find them, "lol."
    I really like Ditto's, too. I think that one might be my favorite. It just fits so perfectly XD I spent weeks in a friend safari trying to get a shiny Ditto with the hidden ability, and I actually got it. I'm super happy with it :D

And, update: I just got the Yamask!! After ~30 hours of breeding, I hatched a male shiny Yamask. His nickname is Amun, after the Egyptian god, who was referred to as the king of the gods. I'm so happy. I can finally move on with my life, haha.

And good luck to you on your future endeavors!

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
    Years
  • We'll after trying like heck to get a shiny i finally got a shiny pachirisu!
    So afterwards i realized how much i missed having receiving shinies so i reopened my shiny trade shops i i cant wait to get a ton of trades done along with hunting a ton more over the summer!
    Hope you guys find a ton of shinies this summer!

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
    Years
  • Just found a shiny Wurmple so excited to evolve it!
    For once i think I'll keep this one for myself its so cute and it just evolved and based on that ill get a shiny Beautifly hello newest partner!

I wish you all happy shiny hunting once again?

Years
  • Congratulations for new shinies acuqired by their respective owners in past couple of pages here.

Woo. It's been a whole lot of time since I posted here really. I'm considering coming back to Masuda Breeding in X. The last Shiny I got was Treecko and that one was for Pokemon OR, last November haha.

Back