• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

ThatSlashGuy

that tech guy
Years
  • I've decided to put hunting that gift Latias on hold, its just to time consuming :|. In other words, so far the Latias run is going ok, but its taking a lot longer than I expected. Also, congrats to everyone who found shinies recently and I wish you luck in the future.

G-Money

Polychromatic Iridescence
    Years
  • OMG I DID IT!!! SHINY SHELMET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hahahahahahahahahahahaha I can't believe it - the Moor of Icirrus finally decided to let me find a shiny!! "lol" shiny Shelmet appeared on encounter number...19,302!! Back-to-back long hunts, haha. I caught it with the first Luxury Ball. Now I'm going to continue my Black 2 Relic Castle hunt for my next Ghost, Yamask.

Spoiler:

I dont think my post went through last time but i managed to finally find shiny luxio this took forever at 1150 encounters all from chaining .then a couple hours later i find a shiny swablu in a horde encounter. i named him Nimbus.

Congrats, shiny collector! Nimbus is an awesome nickname for Swablu/Altaria!!

I haven't posted in over 2 months... what's up with that?

Welcome back and congrats on all those shinies!! Shiny Friend Ball Dunsparce is really cool!

Currently trying to breed shiny Rufflet. Currently 7 boxes full of them.

Welcome to the SHC, Sea Eagle! Good luck on your Rufflet hunt - hope one shines soon!

Congrats on the Totodile!

And, update: I just got the Yamask!! After ~30 hours of breeding, I hatched a male shiny Yamask. His nickname is Amun, after the Egyptian god, who was referred to as the king of the gods. I'm so happy. I can finally move on with my life, haha.

Thanks!! I'm glad you like the nickname, haha!

Huge congrats on Yamask!! Amun is another really cool name! :)

We'll after trying like heck to get a shiny i finally got a shiny pachirisu!

Just found a shiny Wurmple so excited to evolve it!
    For once i think I'll keep this one for myself its so cute and it just evolved and based on that ill get a shiny Beautifly hello newest partner!

Welcome back, Dedenne1! Congrats on the Pachirisu and Wurmple and hopefully they're just the first two of many summer 2015 shinies for you!!

...and now you've got me wanting a shiny Pachirisu, "lol." I forgot how awesome it is!

Congratulations for new shinies acuqired by their respective owners in past couple of pages here.

Woo. It's been a whole lot of time since I posted here really. I'm considering coming back to Masuda Breeding in X. The last Shiny I got was Treecko and that one was for Pokemon OR, last November haha.

Welcome back, Recluse! What do you think you'll be breeding for first?

Last edited:

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
    Years
  • OMG I DID IT!!! SHINY SHELMET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hahahahahahahahahahahaha I can't believe it - the Moor of Icirrus finally decided to let me find a shiny!! "lol" shiny Shelmet appeared on encounter number...19,302!! Back-to-back long hunts, haha. I caught it with the first Luxury Ball. Now I'm going to continue my Black 2 Relic Castle hunt for my next Ghost, Yamask.

Spoiler:

Haha thanks ik its got a Wiicked design to it!
    I think my next hunt will be a shiny Karablast actually i really want that guys shiny evolution!

Congrats, shiny collector! Nimbus is an awesome nickname for Swablu/Altaria!!

Welcome back and congrats on all those shinies!! Shiny Friend Ball Dunsparce is really cool!

Welcome to the SHC, Sea Eagle! Good luck on your Rufflet hunt - hope one shines soon!

Thanks!! I'm glad you like the nickname, haha!

Huge congrats on Yamask!! Amun is another really cool name! :)

Welcome back, Dedenne1! Congrats on the Pachirisu and Wurmple and hopefully they're just the first two of many summer 2015 shinies for you!!

...and now you've got me wanting a shiny Pachirisu, "lol." I forgot how awesome it is!

Welcome back, Recluse! What do you think you'll be breeding for first?

Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2015
    Forgot to mention when i was chaining luxio i found a shiny kecleon .and i just finisjed finding another zigzagoon and two numel .i was trying for a machop when the second numel showed up

jus got the shiny male machop!! named him Goro .now ive gotta find a trust worthy person to trade to evolve him into machamp

Last edited:
    Years
  • New to this group,

still trying to breed shiny Rufflet, currently 12 and a half boxes full of them.... I sense a lot of wonder trading in my future

Akyso

❤ (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚ ✧ sparkle for you ❤
    Years
  • Okay, so I really hope I'm doing this correctly. (I'm joining this club o-o)

Shinies I have~ Right now, I only have a Shiny Sewaddle I got from a wondertrade, a Shiny Milotic from a friend, and then the last thing I have is my pretty-sure-this-isn't-legit Shiny Arceus.
    Shinies I had before but I gave away <3~ Shiny Ralts I bred :D, Shiny Klefki, Shiny Rayquaza(probably not legit, once again), and yeah... c:

Right now, I'm looking for a lovely Vulpix for a friend. I also plan to breed Shiny Ponyta. (because friendly-ness is over 9000) But, sadly, I need a Ponyta.

Hope I am accepted into this lovely group of people~

Also still hoping I'm doing this right.

Years

Shinies I have~ Right now, I only have a Shiny Sewaddle I got from a wondertrade, a Shiny Milotic from a friend, and then the last thing I have is my pretty-sure-this-isn't-legit Shiny Arceus.
    Shinies I had before but I gave away <3~ Shiny Ralts I bred :D, Shiny Klefki, Shiny Rayquaza(probably not legit, once again), and yeah... c:

Right now, I'm looking for a lovely Vulpix for a friend. I also plan to breed Shiny Ponyta. (because friendly-ness is over 9000) But, sadly, I need a Ponyta.

I'm going to renew my Shiny Vulpix with Drought hunt either tomorrow or in sunday, and I want to get those a lot. I need a right motivation.

You're doing this right, that's what this club is for.

Years
  • Hello. I guess Im new to this club! I got a few random shiny pokes, like Shiny Remoraid, Blitzle, and a few more I can't really count off my head. I just recently got my shiny Ralts in ORAS through Masuda in 23 eggs!
    ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~
    Im currently Masuda-ing(?) Pidgey right now, so I hope it isnt too long and I hope you accept my humaness to your club!

Years
  • This is getting ridiculous now. Never had the Masuda method take this long. Had 12 boxes full of Rufflet and many more that I've just decided to release on hatching. Going to try a different Ditto and see if that makes a difference.

In other news I managed to trade my shiny Dedenne with a stupid nickname for a shiny Totodile.

bill flibby

Chase is my favorite
    Years

Yup! Welcome to Shiny Hunters! I love shiny Milotic, man. It's so pretty. Hope your hunt for Vulpix goes well!

Hello. I guess Im new to this club! I got a few random shiny pokes, like Shiny Remoraid, Blitzle, and a few more I can't really count off my head. I just recently got my shiny Ralts in ORAS through Masuda in 23 eggs!
    Im currently Masuda-ing(?) Pidgey right now, so I hope it isnt too long and I hope you accept my humaness to your club!
    Hey, and welcome to the club! I'm pretty new, too, but I like this place. That Ralts is pretty impressive. I love getting the shiny before you have to settle in for the long haul :D

This is getting ridiculous now. Never had the Masuda method take this long. Had 12 boxes full of Rufflet and many more that I've just decided to release on hatching. Going to try a different Ditto and see if that makes a difference.

In other news I managed to trade my shiny Dedenne with a stupid nickname for a shiny Totodile.
    Just gonna combine this message with your first post because I missed it (and my post is getting a bit sizey with all these quotes). Welcome to Shiny Hunters! Hope you can get that Rufflet. One of my recent MM Pokemon took around 30 hours to get - and that's with a shiny charm. That was not my lucky day.

Yes, back in the game baby! I did it, Shiny Male Vulpix with Drought and at least 5IV's after just one evening and next morning!

Spoiler:
    Congrats on your Shiny Vulpix! That's awesome. I had one I caught (not nearly as cool as yours) after a Saturday of horde-battling, catching a bunch of shinies, but then my game crashed and I learned that I hadn't saved a single time that day >_> Lost five shinies. Like I said, they weren't cool like yours, because they were wild, but still. It hurts to think about.

Update to my shiny list - after my long journey to get a shiny Yamask, I set off to get a shiny Chansey. Got it the same day, after 9 eggs. It was very anticlimactic. Named her Hot Tamale, because that's funny to me.

Congrats to the new members and everyone else who's caught/gotten new shinies since I last posted!

G-Money

Polychromatic Iridescence
    Years
  • 11800 Bulbasaur
    8228 Route 116 encounters
    3741 Froakie
    3333 Johto starters
    Some Relic Castle encounters

I had a chance to leave my DS running for 10 hours with Emerald in it sooner than I had expected, so I've continued what will hopefully be the last Phase of my Nincada hunt on Route 116. I found shiny Spheal back in 2011 after about 9 hours of having Emerald on, so leaving it in and charging should avoid any RNG clones. I had gotten 2 shiny Zigzagoon and a shiny Taillow doing this earlier in Ruby, but fortunately (and to my pleasant surprise!), Poochyena is on the Route instead of Zigzagoon in Emerald!! No more shiny Zigs for me, haha. The route also has Abra, so I went out and caught a Trapinch with Arena Trap in case a shiny Abra tries to Teleport away.

I had ended my previous attempt at this after 8192 encounters, so it's already over the expectation, even though I just started this run this afternoon!

I found out that Sableye appears in Challenger's Cave in Unova, so I'm going to postpone that hunt to there and go for some of the other cool Hoenn routes if I manage to get Nincada before my game turns off, haha. That's going to be a really challenging hunt - 1/81920 chance of shiny Sableye! - but it'll be fun and I'll probably get loads of other cool shinies along the way.

Also, I had forgotten that I was SRing for Froakie in Y, so I've continued that hunt.

Spoiler:

Akyso

Years
  • Haven't really done anything lately. I usually just start collecting eggs one day, and hatch them another day. It always scares me when I start getting eggs really slowly and I'm like: "Are you the long waited shiny?!?!"

So how do you guys do it? Do you just get eggs and hatch them? Or what? o-o

I was also accepted >3< Glad to be here c:

bill flibby

Chase is my favorite
    Years
  • Thanks bill. That's why I prefer Masuda.

As I write right now, I GOT ANOTHER ONE JUST MOMENT AGO! This time Female with Drought!
    AND she's Modest. Come on, now. This is starting to hurt.

Nine eggs!?? Congrats!!! That's awesome!!! A pretty rare Pokemon too, and an even rarer shiny![/SPOILER]
    Yep! Bittersweet, though, because I was in the process of breeding for a competitively-viable Chansey. The Yamask I hatched had 5 IVs (no special attack, but the Cofagrigus I had in mind didn't utilize special attack, so that's no loss for me), and I had only just bred on Aromatherapy to the batch of Chanseys before I got the shiny. I really wanted one with Seismic Toss. I wish I had gone for that one first. I might go back one day and get the shiny Chansey that I wanted, but for now I'm super happy with Hot Tamale X3

Haven't really done anything lately. I usually just start collecting eggs one day, and hatch them another day. It always scares me when I start getting eggs really slowly and I'm like: "Are you the long waited shiny?!?!"

So how do you guys do it? Do you just get eggs and hatch them? Or what? o-o

I was also accepted >3< Glad to be here c:
    Yep, that's usually how I do it. Get my trusty Firenutt (the dumb nickname I gave to my Slugma) and ride around until my party's full. These days I'm only interested in shinies that have good IVs (and natures), so if I'm still at the beginning of the journey I'll go check the IVs and either release if the IVs are bad or switch out with the parent in the Daycare if the IVs are good. If I want a shiny with the hidden ability, I'll check that first and if it isn't the hidden ability then I immediately release it. It usually takes me a few hours to go from whatever the parent is I have and the ideal parent, with preferred nature, IVs, egg moves and ability. After I get the ideal parent, I don't bother checking IVs anymore, because at that point I'm guaranteed 5-6 perfect IVs. I'll check IVs once I get the shiny.
    And there you have it! That' my process. Dunno how other people go about it.

Akyso

Years
  • Firenutt? XD I just use my Fletchinder, for Flying as well o-o
    I don't really do IVs now, because the things I'm working on are making me rush around, and I don't have the time to wait for someone to randomly give me something that has good IVs o-o

I need to get me a 6IV ditto... ;-;

Anyways, I hatched 2 boxes of Vulpix. No luck D:
    I only hatch 2 boxes at a time because I don't want to end up getting 5-15 boxes of a Pokemon if I only need one shiny, and get the shiny on my first box or so o-o

Years
  • Firenutt? XD I just use my Fletchinder, for Flying as well o-o
    I don't really do IVs now, because the things I'm working on are making me rush around, and I don't have the time to wait for someone to randomly give me something that has good IVs o-o

I need to get me a 6IV ditto... ;-;

Anyways, I hatched 2 boxes of Vulpix. No luck D:
    I only hatch 2 boxes at a time because I don't want to end up getting 5-15 boxes of a Pokemon if I only need one shiny, and get the shiny on my first box or so o-o

I can borrow you the perfect female Vulpix if you want. Also I do it like this.

I never store them in boxes. I immediately release them after hatching but I do the 2-3-2-3 method. I get all 5 eggs at the time, I go hatch two, then release two, next I'm going to look for next 2 eggs while hatching the remaining 3 and then I release those 3 and I look for them again while releasing the remaining 2, so I have continuity.

Back