• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
  • Am I right in saying that if I save my game while carrying eggs and then just keep on restarting my game as they all hatch, they'll still have the same chance of being a shiny than as if I keep waiting for hundreds of eggs to "be made" and having to release them or store them? Saves time and also refills Hatching O Power quicker.
    If you have 5 eggs in your party, saved, and then check them, you will not change your chances of hatching a shiny. The baby was pre-determined the moment you retrieved the egg from the daycare man.

You can deposit 2 parents into the daycare, save, bike around and collect the new eggs to fill up your party/box. Hatch those and if not shiny, reset and repeat collecting eggs again.

Also, I claimed shiny Cresselia today after 1129 soft resets!

~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

Took a quick video with my phone while I was battling her linked here.
    Spoiler:

Years
  • If you have 5 eggs in your party, saved, and then check them, you will not change your chances of hatching a shiny. The baby was pre-determined the moment you retrieved the egg from the daycare man.

You can deposit 2 parents into the daycare, save, bike around and collect the new eggs to fill up your party/box. Hatch those and if not shiny, reset and repeat collecting eggs again.

Also, I claimed shiny Cresselia today after 1129 soft resets!

Spoiler:

Took a quick video with my phone while I was battling her linked here.
    Spoiler:

Majestic and 1129 SR's is not a lot honestly, so that's a luck. Major Congrats.

And I just hatched my 3rd Shiny Vulpix after a whole week. Rainbow Road music from Mario Kart doubled the euphoria I felt. This time Flash Fire though.

Spoiler:

I think I'm gonna change Pokemon now , I still don't know what to breed now. Any ideas for me my dear SHC fellows?

Edit: I took mother Vulpix out of Daycare and I got 4 eggs left to hatch. THE FOURTH EGG WAS A SHINY AGAIN. This time Male Drought! Just a moment later haha!

Spoiler:

What do now?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2017
    Well I think I'll become a member here ♥ I got some shinies from WonderTrade (Gardevoir, Medicham), I have the event Metagross and caught Shuppet and Lilliput randomly. My hunting never ended well xD

I'm looking to hunt by Matsuda method, so right now I'm farming for my dex ! :3

By the way.. GG for the siny Cres ! THat's awesome :O

Akyso

❤ (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚ ✧ sparkle for you ❤
    Years
  • I haven't really done much. I got shiny Houndour from wondertrade and shiny Suicune from a random trade... That's it. I didn't do anything yesterday because I wasn't allowed to use my 3DS a few times. I don't know if I feel like continuing the struggle to Shiny Vulpix DX

miel!

Kisses!
    Years
  • wow this thread has been going for a long time! im not actively searching atm, but shiny hunting is very exciting :) i have pretty good shiny luck too!

Years
  • I haven't really done much. I got shiny Houndour from wondertrade and shiny Suicune from a random trade... That's it. I didn't do anything yesterday because I wasn't allowed to use my 3DS a few times. I don't know if I feel like continuing the struggle to Shiny Vulpix DX

Took me over week and I got four of those. Now I'm going with Mudkip :P

@chiilove I could say the same :)

Years
  • Okay, okay. I won't give up XD

Man you make me so jelly ;-;

I'm going to make giveaway at one point probably. Kinda feels empty to just breed shinies in X constantly and do nothing else, but then again I can multitask while doing this.

G-Money

Polychromatic Iridescence
    Years
  • It's the second half of 2015!! For the final six monthly quests, you'll have opportunities to add cool features to your region for the Yearly Quest! As a reminder of the Yearly Quest:

Spoiler:

Now it's time to add to your region with...

The July Monthly Quest: The Beach!!

To complete this Quest, you must find three shinies:

1) A Water-type shiny!
    2) A Ground-type shiny!
    3) A Flying-type shiny!

Completing this Quest within the time allotted will give your region official recognition of having a beach resort, hopefully promoting tourism and encouraging more shinies to migrate to your region!

Chained and Safari Pokemon are not eligible to count for the Quest.

The contest lasts until midnight EDT on August 7th, 2015.

Good luck and have fun!

Spoiler:

G-Money

Polychromatic Iridescence
    Years
  • I don't actually understand this yearly quest o-o

Do I have to do all the tiers? ;-;

Nope! You can do as many or as few as you'd like! If it doesn't sound fun, you don't even have to do any! But if you'd like to compete, start at Tier I, and once you've accomplished that one, you can try to do Tier II, etc. You don't have to do them in order, but the later ones don't count unless you've done the earlier ones (like, if you finish Tiers I and III, you won't get credit for Tier III since you didn't finish II).

You can do the Monthly Quests even if you don't do the Yearly one. You'll just own a geographic area that's on someone else's continent. I'm sure they won't mind... {XD}

Years
  • If I think about it more, I can say I completed most of tiers already, because I have acquired the most of needed Pokemons on this list haha! Not in this year though, but I do have those.

Years
  • Does getting a shiny on wondertrade count? :DD

150 eggs of Vulpix, all a disappoint D:

Also, can you soft reset for Shiny Mewtwo in Pokemon X/Y?

150 isn't that much. I remember breeding at least 15 boxes.

Yes, you can SR for Shiny Mewtwo.

Years
  • Psh, I just have really good luck to get shinies in less than 200 eggs B)

Okay, thanks! I have something to waste my weekend with now :D

If you have that luck, that's awesome. Most of shinies I got took me 1200+ eggs sometimes. The most painful was my first Shiny Eevee, but that was before obtaining Shiny Charm.

Let the power of Matsuoka Shuzo and Shia LaBeouf help you through this!

Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2017
    I read that with the Masuda Method Shiny charm, the chance was of 1/512 :O

By the way, anyone to help me with my dex ? xD It's quite painful to do in fact x)

Years
  • Yeah, I've been the same, only interested in Shinies, but then I thought "why not enchance my chance a little?" Thankfully I had couple of acquaintances that helped me completing the dex.

Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2017
    I will probably ask somewhere around the trade section then :3 Especially for the legends OwO

Then I will probably ask for clone, to have one of each for next games ♥

Back