• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

Chr. Draco

Spatial Rift
Years
    • Seen Apr 6, 2024
    Hi everyone and congrats on all shiny catches. It´s been a long time. I stopped hunting for some time and I will return to shiny hunt again.
    Everyone have a happy shiny hunt.

Years
  • Hi all,

I haven't posted here in a while, so congrats to all shinies, and good luck on all hunts.

I have had a bit of luck recently, I have a few shinies to report.
    First, I have a Sandshrew. I had a long bus trip I had to go on, and myself and some friends decided we would shiny hunt for some of the journey. I did hordes of Sandshrew on route 111 in Hoenn. I wasn't keeping count, but I got it fairly quickly, within half an hour. I used an impish sync, and it worked. It has a 31IV in attack. Sadly it doesn't count towards the July hunt because I got it the 19th of June. (like i said, been a while since i've posted :))
    Pics:
    Spoiler:

Also, I have a Bellsprout. I was doing some breeding in Y to get a competitive Bedrill for ORAS. When I was doing the EV training (for attack on Route 14) I found a Bellsprout, after maybe 7 hordes. I had no sync, so mild nature and no good IVs. I didn't expect it, but i'll take it.
    Pics:
    Spoiler:

I'm currently MMing Wooper because i got a Japanese 5IV relaxed unaware Wooper off wonder trade.

Enth

Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2017
    GG for these shinies ! *-*

Hatched this little girl during the night. My first shiny from an egg and an actual hunt ♥ She has 5IVs (unperfect, no Spe. Def) and the wrong talent, but I will train her and farm the Combat House to get the talent pill *-*

Spoiler:

First step in the challenge ♥

PhantomWolf

SWEET MOTHER TERESA ON THE HOOD OF A MERCEDES BENZ
    Years
    • Seen Mar 2, 2017
    GG for these shinies ! *-*

Hatched this little girl during the night. My first shiny from an egg and an actual hunt ♥ She has 5IVs (unperfect, no Spe. Def) and the wrong talent, but I will train her and farm the Combat House to get the talent pill *-*

Spoiler:

First step in the challenge ♥

hate to break it to ya, but you cant use the ability capsule to switch to a hidden ability... Sorry! :(

Years
  • Thankfully Mudkips HA Damp isn't really useful, so I don't have to hunt one, also Mega Swampert has only one ability, so it's kinda pointless. Still no shiny though, this one is tough haha.

Akyso

❤ (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚ ✧ sparkle for you ❤
    Years
  • I still have had no luck ;-; I was pretty lucky in some games yesterday, but I didn't test it again for my shiny luck x.x I'm dreading shiny hunting. I thought Friend Safari would be fun, but now I just want to die D:

I think I might take a 2-day break or so. Just not have been in my correct mood :c

Years
  • I've had some pretty good luck these past two days!

I got a shiny Barboach in ORAS Victory Road two nights ago, by doing some chain fishing. It was on a chain of about 106. Then last night, I got a shiny Zubat in Granite Cave by doing Hoarde encounters. Took like 100 tries. Not too bad!

Years
  • Hi all,

More to report! My motivation to hunt has been strong over the last couple of days. I took a break from Wooper at 60 eggs and decided to do hordes on Hoenn Route 114, because the two hordes there (Lotad and Swablu) both go towards the monthly hunt.
    Any way, after one whole day without counting, and another day with 498 encounters 92490 pokemon seen) I got a shiny Swablu! My modest sync worked too, so the Swablu is modest natured. Even better, I got it live on camera (sparkles and all) so if I could post it on youtube if I felt like it. (The camera quality was pretty crappy though.)

Pics:
    Spoiler:

Good luck on all hunts. I think I might try and dexnav chain for a Shroomish now.

Enth

G-Money

Polychromatic Iridescence
    Years
  • SHINY TAILLOW!!

"lol" Phase 4 of my Route 116 has concluded, with another shiny Taillow as the result! It came on encounter #16153. My luck's really been correcting itself for last year's shiny spree, haha, but I'm really glad that it's doing so on Emerald where the encounters are pretty quick. This one came after 15 days, 10 hours, and 25 minutes of leaving the game on, so I could try this again (hopefully I won't have to, haha) since I didn't find any shiny frames between the first day and the fifteenth, "lol."

On this Nincada hunt, I've now gotten two shiny Zigs and two shiny Taillow, "lol."

Spoiler:

On to Phase 5!

Spoiler:

Years
  • SHINY TAILLOW!!

"lol" Phase 4 of my Route 116 has concluded, with another shiny Taillow as the result! It came on encounter #16153. My luck's really been correcting itself for last year's shiny spree, haha, but I'm really glad that it's doing so on Emerald where the encounters are pretty quick. This one came after 15 days, 10 hours, and 25 minutes of leaving the game on, so I could try this again (hopefully I won't have to, haha) since I didn't find any shiny frames between the first day and the fifteenth, "lol."

On this Nincada hunt, I've now gotten two shiny Zigs and two shiny Taillow, "lol."

What a dedication, honest gratulations to you sir. Getting shinies on R/S/E games is horribly hard.

Spritingyoshi22

That guy over there
    Years
  • Been just over a month since I last posted and congrats to:
    Spoiler:

Apologise to anyone I missed

While I haven't exactly been really hunting my targets, been doing it more on and off type of thing. But I do have some shiny news: while training my Wailmer in order to unlock the Regis so I can hunt them during the summer holidays I managed to encounter a random shiny Golbat :) This makes it my 1st ever shiny on a 6th gen game and the fact that its green also makes me hopeful that its an oman Chansey will shine soon! Definitely some motivation as my last shiny was in May and since then exams came along and sort of sapped some of the belief out of me. Also I believe that knocks off a flying type shiny for me on the monthly quest?

Stats:
    Spoiler:

Video:
    Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
  • Hi all,

I'm back again!

First of all, GG-money for the Tailow, congrats Spritingyoshi on the Golbat, and how lucky for the Volcarona Sea Eagle!

The good news: I got my shiny wooper! It was the 89th egg. I have really good luck with MM (my Furfrou took 70 eggs and my Ferroseed took 4).

The bad news: despite my efforts to breed a competitively viable shiny wooper, it ended up being damp (rather than unaware) and it only has three perfect IVs - HP Defence and Special Attack. This is pretty much the worst possible outcome, stats wise, but hey a shiny is a shiny.

I took a double take at the hatch screen, I said to myself 'Is that shiny, It can't be, can it?' So I have no picture of the hatch screen. (I must be colourblind af).

Pic:
    Spoiler:

I still have 30 eggs to hatch, so hopefully I'll be back with another (I doubt it though)

Enth

Years
  • Finally, after two weeks of one/two-hour breeding sessions on X, I managed to hatch another shiny Hoenn starter, Mudkip. At least 5IV, Torrent Male. Honestly at first I wasn't even sure, but then I realized it's more pinkish and my eyes got wider haha.

Spoiler:

Also huge congratulations for the users above me with their respective shinies.

Years
  • Hi all,

First, grats to Recluse on the Mudkip.

Second, my luck this week has been insane. Because I had gotten so many shinies this week, I decided I would try and revive my SoulSilver Starter SR hunt. I was going to do a badge quest, but I had to get a starter first, and I lost interest. Well, after 128 SRs (since I revived it, I can't remember how many I had done before) I got...

Spoiler:

My first 1/8192 hunt complete!

Anyway, good luck to everyone else's hunts, I'm not sure what I'm going to hunt next.

Enth

Years
  • Whoa dude 128 Soft Resets for a starter is really huge luck, major congrats to you. As for myself I'm thinking about my next aim. I should probably go with Torchic, since I've bred two shiny Hoenn starters so why not third?

G-Money

Polychromatic Iridescence
    Years
  • OMG SHINY YAMASK!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hahaha, got it on encounter #5344! That feels like such a short hunt compared to the last few, haha.

I don't know whether this is just because I'm really glad that I found a shiny, but it looks so much cooler in the game than seeing it elsewhere. This isn't the first shiny who I've seen and been all like, "Woah, this looks totally awesome!!"! {XD}

I got it on the first Luxury Ball, too!

Spoiler:

That's my 11th shiny Ghost! I'm still going after Nincada on Emerald (7000 encounters now on Route 116) and I'm going to move to Undella Bay now to hunt Frillish on Black 2. I'll try to get Frillish before August so that I can try for Mantyke via Axiom 22! Spheal is the other Axiom 22 option during the Winter seasons, but I already have a shiny Spheal, so I'd probably just switch over to Sableye if August comes before a Frillish decides to shine!

Spoiler:

EDIT: Woah, it's Modest too! That's especially cool since I didn't have a syncher or anything, "lol!"

EDIT II: WOW!!! SHINY MANTYKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Haha, that Axiom 22 worked out perfectly!! There are plenty of places where Frillish is found at a 100% rate, so I figured I'd hunt in Undella Bay where there's a 35% chance of Mantyke. On encounter #306 (!!!!), Mantyke shone!! Now I can hunt Frillish at one of the Frillish places, and I have an extra shiny!!! I'm really glad that I was watching the screen; I probably wouldn't have noticed that it was shiny otherwise, haha.

After not finding a shiny in my first 15,307 encounters in Black 2, I've now found three shinies - Sandshrew, Yamask, and Mantyke - all within a span of 5652 encounters, "lol." I got this one in a Luxury Ball, too!

Spoiler:

That's 50 shinies for me! ^^

Last edited:
    Back