• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
Years
  • No luck finding a Shiny Staryu but I have found a few more Shinys:

X Shinys (IGN - Stephanie)

A Second Shiny Male Feebas by Chain Fishing - I was looking for a female but Shiny Milotic is a great Shiny.

A Shiny Female Clawitzer - Really like the Red, White and Blue colour scheme. Oddly I fished it up whilst looking to catch a regular Starmie.

Alpha Sapphire Shinys (IGN -Helena)

A Shiny Male Swablu (Phoenix) - Found in a random encounter on Route 114. I missed the Sparkles but luckily noticed his Golden Yellow colour. I caught him in a Premier Ball and he is now a Gold Altaria. :) A Shiny Altaria is a Shiny I have wanted for some time. :)

The Shiny Staryu hunt continues...

Paulthagerous

Master of the Dragonites
    Years
  • @CharmedGardy Congrats on the new shinies! Feebas is next on my list as I want a Milotic too!

@Paulthagerous: Hey, there! Long time no see! That list must be pretty big.

Yeah it has been a while, and it is a fairly long list (hopefully I haven't missed any!):
    Spoiler:

- End -

Last edited:

G-Money

Polychromatic Iridescence
    Years
  • 1100 Route 116 encounters
    3100 Mélancolie Path encounters
    Some Frillish

I've continued my Mélancolie Path Halloween Hunt in X, searching the fields for a shiny Pumpkaboo! Shiny hunting there really makes me appreciate the cool weather variety and fall atmosphere of the route that I'd never notice if I didn't spend hours hunting in the same place, haha.

If I don't get Frillish by the end of October, I'll probably move on to hunting Sableye in Black 2. Frillish is a really great summer hunt, so I'll probably continue in 2016 (or 2017 or 2018, since Sableye will be a really tough hunt, haha)!

Yikes! Congratulations on the Shiny, even if it is not the Nincada you're hunting for. Let's hope the Big Boss is next up on your bling list!

Haha, thanks! I hope you get yours soon too!

No luck finding a Shiny Staryu but I have found a few more Shinys:

Congrats on those shinies! Swablu's a really cool looking shiny that I'd like to get sometime. I might head over to that route on my Hoenn tour if I ever manage to challenge Boss Nincada, "lol"!

Hope you find Staryu soon!

[...113 shinies...]

Welcome back, Paulthagerous!! We're really glad to have the 2015 shiny leader return..."lol", you totally clinched the most shinies for the entire year back in May, haha. After you get your Feebas, you could see how far you get in the Yearly Challenge if you want! I'd be interested to see how much of that you could do after you were able to do that amazing May, haha.

Last edited:

Paulthagerous

Master of the Dragonites
    Years
  • Welcome back, Paulthagerous!! We're really glad to have the 2015 shiny leader return..."lol", you totally clinched the most shinies for the entire year back in May, haha. After you get your Feebas, you could see how far you get in the Yearly Challenge if you want! I'd be interested to see how much of that you could do after you were able to do that amazing May, haha.

Good luck with your hunt!

Yeah, as long as I exclude the ones I grabbed of the GTS (cos they don't really count) but include hordes then I am in OK shape. Question though - can we double count one? As in, if it fits tier 2 and tier 4 and tier 6 can it count for 3, or would I need 3 of the same (1 for each tier)?

Tarro57

Shiny Hunter
    Years
  • Hey there! I'm new to the PokeCommunity, and thought I might stop by here :) I've recently started a badge quest on my Soul Silver and I'm still SRing for a starter. I'm debating whether I should start the 2015 challenge or just wait for 2016. My big goal is to compete the shiny dex, one still got a long way to go, but I'm working on it. I look forward to posting my finds here! :D

Runasutaru

Guardian Spectre
    Years
  • Welcome to the thread and to PokéCommunity, Tarro! You'll need an owner or co-owner's approval to become an official member, but I see no reason you'd be declined. I hope you will be posting many finds in the future!

I've never tried a badge quest because I nitpick about Shiny IVs now that Gen VI lets me breed for good ones. However, those quests do sound like a way to have a change of pace. Are you going for any specific starter or just picking the one that flashes its Shiny sprite first?

G-Money

Years
  • 3333 Mélancolie Path encounters

Pumpkaboo definitely glow in the dark. :pink_laugh:

Good luck with your hunt!

Yeah, as long as I exclude the ones I grabbed of the GTS (cos they don't really count) but include hordes then I am in OK shape. Question though - can we double count one? As in, if it fits tier 2 and tier 4 and tier 6 can it count for 3, or would I need 3 of the same (1 for each tier)?

Thanks - good luck with your Feebas!

Sorry, you can't double count for the Yearly Quest between tiers. What you can do, however, is double count between the Yearly Quest and the Monthly Quest! And if one Pokemon counts for multiple tiers, you can pick which one you want it to count for!

Hey there! I'm new to the PokeCommunity, and thought I might stop by here :) I've recently started a badge quest on my Soul Silver and I'm still SRing for a starter. I'm debating whether I should start the 2015 challenge or just wait for 2016. My big goal is to compete the shiny dex, one still got a long way to go, but I'm working on it. I look forward to posting my finds here! :D

Welcome to the SHC, Tarro! Good luck on your BadgeQuest!! Do you have any shinies from other games, or is this going to be the beginning of your many shinies?

an owner or co-owner's approval

"lol" it looks like the Curse has afflicted all of the others, and I'm the only one left! *hides behind Ghost shinies in hopes that the Curse will be afraid and not come after me*

shiny_torchic

Shiny Hunter And YouTuber!
    Years
  • Hey there, my name is Katie and i resently became a shiny hunter

I have a shiny sceptile

I am hunting for a shiny torchic in pokemon alpha sapphire

EDIT: Forgot to mention that i resently began a badge quest on Pokemon AS, which is why I am hunting for a shiny torchic

Last edited:

Tarro57

Shiny Hunter
    Years
  • Oops, I forgot to mention my other shinies, sorry! I have caught some before, my first being a Kricketune in my Platinum. Since then, I have gone on to catch many shiny Pokemon, notably each of the three swordsman in my black version, being my own shiny legends I've caught. Recently, I've gotten into horde and dexnav in my OR, in which I've caught about 18 within the past month. One story is of one night I was doing horde battles and encountered 3 shiny Wingulls within 10 minutes of each other. My last shiny was aTyrogue, and I'm currently hunting the first quarter that appears in my Soul Silver.

Runasutaru

Guardian Spectre
    Years
  • "lol" it looks like the Curse has afflicted all of the others, and I'm the only one left! *hides behind Ghost shinies in hopes that the Curse will be afraid and not come after me*

You know, hiding behind Ghosts is not a good plan, seeing as Ghost-type Curse is the only one that can actually deal damage to you and does so directly, eternally, and over time. Better find a Normal-type!

Hey there, my name is Katie and i resently became a shiny hunter

Hello there, Katie! Welcome to the club! Good luck on your Badge Quest!

(...) notably each of the three swordsman in my black version, being my own shiny legends I've caught.

Nice Shiny collection! As for the musketeers, do you have a favourite Shiny in that group?

(...) encountered 3 shiny Wingulls within 10 minutes of each other.

Haha, wow! I recently got two Shiny Zigzagoon within 10 DexNav encounters, so I know that sensation. What do you do with Shiny duplicates?

---

Nothing new in terms of Shiny Hunting on my part. I'm currently filling up my ORAS Pokédex after sending over the fully-evolved Pokémon from my Y's completed National Pokédex - building it to be a Living one, this time. Maybe some sparkles will show themselves in the process.

Good luck on your hunts, everyone!

Runasutaru

Guardian Spectre
    Years
  • @Lrachelr5: Congratulations on the Shiny Oshawott! Random number rolls will always be random, so that can happen. Were you only aiming for Shiny or were you looking for a specific nature/IVs/egg moves?

G-Money

Years
  • 3555 Mélancolie Path encounters

Hey there, my name is Katie and i resently became a shiny hunter

I have a shiny sceptile

I am hunting for a shiny torchic in pokemon alpha sapphire

EDIT: Forgot to mention that i resently began a badge quest on Pokemon AS, which is why I am hunting for a shiny torchic

Welcome to the SHC! Congrats on the Sceptile and good luck getting shiny Torchic - I hope your Badge Quest is really fun!

notably each of the three swordsman in my black version

Congrats on all those shinies! I don't know if I've ever heard of anyone getting all three swordsmen before; that's really cool! Especially since the B/W SRs take so long, haha.

You know, hiding behind Ghosts is not a good plan, seeing as Ghost-type Curse is the only one that can actually deal damage to you and does so directly, eternally, and over time. Better find a Normal-type!

Gah, good point! "lol" no wonder the Curse managed to take down all of the others; we've been using a terrible defensive strategy!! *hides behind shiny Taillow and hopes the Curse won't see*

So I just hatched a shiny Oshawott on the first attempt! How did this happen?! I am literally in shock.

Woah, that's awesome!!! On the very first egg?!!?! That's amazing, haha! Way to go!!

Years
  • @Lrachelr5: Congratulations on the Shiny Oshawott! Random number rolls will always be random, so that can happen. Were you only aiming for Shiny or were you looking for a specific nature/IVs/egg moves?

No I wasn't, I was just re-breeding my Samurott because I wanted to start X again with the favourite members of the team I just used.

Runasutaru

Guardian Spectre
    Years
  • Yep! Playing with a newly-obtained Shiny on Pokémon Amie is quite fun for me, too.

Side-note: You can fix the broken tag in your signature by simplifying it to the following: [center ][/center ]
    Just remove the spaces.

---
    Still in the process of turning my Y's full Pokédex into an actual Living Dex on AS (mostly breeding down from full-stage evolutions). Up to Johto; got a few holes in Kanto that I should be able to fix by checking Y again or grabbing some spares from the GTS.

Back