• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen ~Shiny Hunters~

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Oct 1, 2014
    Hey guys im new here , so on my X i just beat the postgame decided to start hatching chimchar eggs to send of to GTS to fill the dex

My first egg was a shiny adamant chimchar , i was so happy , this has made me want to get every shiny in the game!!! i dont know how to upload images :(

Morgnarok

PokéCommunity Supporter - Platinum Tier
    Years
  • Well, you could consider me lucky or not lucky. I like to think of it as hard work, a lot of free time and determination. On my Pokemon Y version which is my original game I preordered and had since release I have every Pokemon shiny except for Legendarys/NoN breed able Pokemon. I took the time after beating the game to want to breed every Pokemon with Perfect Iv's and Shiny. Little to say I was playing almost everyday 15 hours for about 6 months to complete this goal. My game time is at 999:59 on Pokemon Y and it had already hit the max game time before I was done lol

Akuryou Inushii

Reliant Cain
    Years
  • These are some nice stories to read from you guys, hunting for shinies and getting the 999:59 max game time. XD I have it too, I wish it actually increased.

MiniMinun

Azumarill Lover Since Gen II!
    Years
  • I have never really had any luck with shinies... EVER... I have found a total or THREE in my life. The first one I got was in emerald, and technically, it's the best possible shiny you can get: Nincada. Because, well, now I get two shinies out of the deal! :) (I haven't evolved it yet; let's hope I don't screw it up and just get one!) Next, I played through X and Y FULLY without ever seeing one. My brother, who is obsessed with the Masuda Method (even though it has never worked for him...Poor guy) finally convinced me to try it out. So, I started breeding Minuns. Three boxes later, POOF! SHINY!!!!! *Commence freakout* My brother, who was on box ten of his Treeckos, gave up after that. xD Finally, months later, I was in the car looking for a Magmar in the FriendS. I got an encouter, and I LITERALLY thought to myself: What are the odds of it being shiny... Well, I guess it IS technically possible... POOF! SHINY LAMPENT!!!!! WOOOHOOOO!!!!

Okay, I'm done. :D

Akuryou Inushii

Reliant Cain
    Years
  • I have never really had any luck with shinies... EVER... I have found a total or THREE in my life. The first one I got was in emerald, and technically, it's the best possible shiny you can get: Nincada. Because, well, now I get two shinies out of the deal! :) (I haven't evolved it yet; let's hope I don't screw it up and just get one!) Next, I played through X and Y FULLY without ever seeing one. My brother, who is obsessed with the Masuda Method (even though it has never worked for him...Poor guy) finally convinced me to try it out. So, I started breeding Minuns. Three boxes later, POOF! SHINY!!!!! *Commence freakout* My brother, who was on box ten of his Treeckos, gave up after that. xD Finally, months later, I was in the car looking for a Magmar in the FriendS. I got an encouter, and I LITERALLY thought to myself: What are the odds of it being shiny... Well, I guess it IS technically possible... POOF! SHINY LAMPENT!!!!! WOOOHOOOO!!!!

Okay, I'm done. :D

It's always exciting finding shinies, when you think, "When will it appear?" The sparkles are the most satisfying thing ever. ♡

Years
    • Seen Nov 22, 2014
    Hatched an Adamant 5IV Technician Scyther the other day after 725 eggs with the Masuda Method. Promptly evolved that into a lovely green Scizor which wrecks face now.

I received a shiny Bagon today from wonder trading all the breedject Scythers away. Unfortunately it doesn't have a particularly helpful nature, or any 31 IVs, so it's a trophy shiny. If anyone has something interesting they'd like to trade for it, hit me up! I already have a 6IV Moxie Salamence I use on my team.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Dec 15, 2015
    The only shinnies I got in pokemon X were 2 red Clawitzers with the fishing method, they are called "Why not" and "Zoidberg?", and I was thinking on trying to get a shinny ralts via breeding (cus mega shinny garvedoir is really cool), but I decided to breed some good pokemon to battle before (half of my team is still playthrough pokemon).

P.S. Oh, I also got a 6iv shinny ditto with imposter in wonder trade. yay.

Aoba

yelp
    Years
    • Age 30
    • /vp/
    • Seen Jun 30, 2015
    I tried chain fishing for the first time yesterday and got shiny Poliwag out of it. I think I'll evolve him into a Politoed.
    I'm not sure if I want to use that method again, seems bit too easy for me. Like normal chaining is little bit more challenging compared to chain fishing. But it was nice to see my first wild shiny in XY. :b

Years
  • I really can't find any in the safari's.. I got a shiny maractus through a trade. Traded it for a shiny Azurill. Just masuda hatched a shiny Swinub and trying to masuda hatch a shiny swablu!

Death

The Pale Horseman
    Years
  • I recently tried to hatch a shiny aipom.

I got two.

The first one has 31 on relevant IVs except Sp. Def.

So, I continued hatching more eggs, and finally got the one with the right IVs.

EagleVision1999

Commander
    Years
  • I got the shiny charm a few days ago and am currently hunting for shinies via horde encounters. I've found two so far, a Whismur and a Hoppip. Since I'd already catched a shiny Togepi before I now have three Kalos native shinies I myself catched. This is more than ever before. I also got a lot of shines through trade and even Wonder Trade. More than one box full.

Years
  • Not sure if I can call myself a shiny hunter or not. I am not hunting shinies on a regular basis, but from time to time I settle down to try catching some shinies. So far I Pokémon X, I have gotten a shiny Kirlia in FS, breed Magikarp, Charmander and Gastly (now a Gengar) in shines and had quite some luck in Wonder Trade and gotten Nidorino, Rhyhorn, Gabite (now Garchomp) and Bellossom (traded for a shiny Swellow). So, have gotten my fair share of shinies, but can't say I have actively hunted for them.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Dec 15, 2015
    I really need to get the Shiny charm but it's really hard to complete the complete dex without BW/B2W2.. Also shiny swinub in 30 eggs :D

That. And congrats for the swinub!

I'm on a quest for getting all the legendaries on my pokedex, already got Moltres and Yveltal for lvl 91 common pokes, then, I put a shinny clawtizer in GTS and got a suicune, and yesterday started a chain of trades in GTS. First Yveltal for Mewtwo, then Mewtwo for Lugia -> Ho-oH -> Kyurem -> Palkia -> Dialga -> Shinny Kyogre and stopped there cus ****ing shinny Kyogre, so now I started a similar chain with suicune to get the legendary trios in my dex.

Powerserge

The Imminent Victor
    Years
  • I caught my first wild Shiny a few days ago, while playing Pokemon Black. Unfortunately, it was an Audino...urgh. I couldn't even beat it for the exp.

EagleVision1999

Commander
    Years
  • I really need to get the Shiny charm but it's really hard to complete the complete dex without BW/B2W2.
    It's actually not that difficult if you have something interesting you can breed and upload to the GTS. I got a significant amount of BW/BW2 Pokemon with egg move Ponytas I bred. The GTS is full of unreasonable trade offers, so simply searching for Pokemon is ineffective but uploading and requesting Pokemon yourself can work great.

In regards to shiny hunting...I'm apparently crap at chaining, but I think I can manage chain fishing so that's what I'm going to try next. Luvdisks aren't useful Pokemon but they're cute and easy to fish for. Afterwards I'll try some more radar chaining maybe...

Back