• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen ~Shiny Hunters~

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    My most recent shiny would be Scyther, which my friend gave. As for encountering, that would have to be Litleo.

Akuryou Inushii

Reliant Cain
    Years
  • Well, was doing a double hunting session on my two systems, in an Ice safari and a Flying safari, I managed to find a shiny Delibird in my Y version (I have X and Y).

Years
    • Seen Feb 12, 2021
    I just transferred my shinies through transporter today. Koffing and mightyena were originally from Gen III and Golem was from gen IV. If I ever find my Goldeen, i'll bring that over too. No shinies found in X or Y so far

Akuryou Inushii

Reliant Cain
    Years
  • I just transferred my shinies through transporter today. Koffing and mightyena were originally from Gen III and Golem was from gen IV. If I ever find my Goldeen, i'll bring that over too. No shinies found in X or Y so far

Try the Friend Safari or maybe Chain Fishing. ^^ If you need any help, I'm here.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I don't believe I have, sadly. Probably would've, but I don't find myself visiting the place as much anymore.

Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2020
    if anyone would be interested in a shiny druddigon, on my youtube channel im making a giveaway!
    channel name is ShotensGaming/SHOTENacity

i plan to regularly do shiny giveaways!

sean777

Poke veteren since red version
    Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2014
    Anyone have more luck post shiny charm? Just got mine but not went shiny hinting in safari yet caught a few before shiny charm. And is it confirmed it doesn't work with masuda??

Years
    • Seen Feb 12, 2021
    Anyone have more luck post shiny charm? Just got mine but not went shiny hinting in safari yet caught a few before shiny charm. And is it confirmed it doesn't work with masuda??

There was a guy a while back that proved the shiny charm doesn't work in the safari, only I'm breeding and encounters outside the safari.

I can't post the link but if you Google it, it should be a smogon article

Years
    • Seen Sep 24, 2014
    Well I am trying to get a shiny Vulpix through the masuda method and after 75 eggs hatched nothing yet.

sean777

Poke veteren since red version
    Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2014
    Aww that's strange I seem to be really lucky in safari! Just got a shiny venamoth a minute ago!

rhydon91

THE Pokemon Master
    Years
  • Until I started hatching, none. But I hatched a shiny Charmander after only 21 eggs! While I was hatching them, I found a shiny Whismur in a horde in Connection Cave by accident!

I'm trying for Shiny Froakie right now but I've gone through countless Eggs and have probably reintroduced the species into the wild. I'm getting sick of it. If I try a different Pokemon, does anyone think my chances of getting one will reset?

Akuryou Inushii

Reliant Cain
    Years
  • Until I started hatching, none. But I hatched a shiny Charmander after only 21 eggs! While I was hatching them, I found a shiny Whismur in a horde in Connection Cave by accident!

I'm trying for Shiny Froakie right now but I've gone through countless Eggs and have probably reintroduced the species into the wild. I'm getting sick of it. If I try a different Pokemon, does anyone think my chances of getting one will reset?

Basically, every single egg has the exact same chance of being shiny. It won't reset, it'll just give you the same odds.

Akuryou Inushii

Reliant Cain
    Years
  • I know, I just feel that it will. Well, I'm gonna stop and try another one. I'll just try to find someone with a Frogadier Safari and try that for now! Thanks for being the voice of reason!

Not a problem, if you need a shiny Froakie/Frogadier/Greninja let me know. I also saw your PM, added you back.

Akuryou Inushii

Reliant Cain
    Years
  • Here's a little rundown with how Masuda Method works, for those of you who breed for shinies.

Basically, you'll want a Pokemon from a region different from where your copy of the game was purchased, and a Pokemon native to your region. Place them in the Day Care on Route 7. Make sure, if you want to hatch eggs quickly, that you have a Pokemon with the Ability Flame Body or Magma Armor, which helps with Egg Cycles.

You can take a penny or a dime and place it under the circle pad on your 3DS to go in one direction in Centrico Plaza, which has a set circle with little/no obstacles. Easy hatching, but you have to switch your hatched Pokemon with every batch of five.

Few tips:

-Every time the Masuda Method is used, the game will make extra attempts to spawn a shiny.

-Each egg has the same probability of being shiny.

-The Pokemon has to have a specific PID (Pokemon ID) that will decide if it's shiny or not when XOR'd with your Secret ID (Unviewable) and your Trainer ID after they're converted into binary. If the resulting number is less than 16 (previously < 8 ) you have a shiny.

Back