• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Shiny Johto Beast Events (Now happening on Wifi!)

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    Given out via Gamestop, and interestingly you can get all three... one each week. 3rd Jan to 11th it's Raikou, 17th to 23rd it's Entei, and 31st Jan to 6th Feb it's Suicune.

These are shiny and come with special moves, and will unlock an in-game event in B&W involving Zoroark.

Europe and Australia, etc will probably get it later (or just not announced yet, who knows).

Bluerang1

pin pin
    Years
    MotherF... This is why I hate non Wi-Fi events.
    Another chance to MISS OUT events. Great....... >_>

I know right!!! I was getting happy. To makes things worse, I'm in Nigeria so if they have something similar in the UK, I'll miss out :(

Unless someone clones and donates xD

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    Well I guess at worst if you have access to nintendo wifi you can always try trading for them. Better than it being Japan-only or being only on connection torus limited to the US/Japan I guess, back in the day.

560cool.

An old timer?
    Years
    I'm with the rest of the posters. I live in Romania, and there are no Gamestops here. Meaning that I won't get the event. )):
    Even though I remember the Shiny Pichu. First, it was distributed in Gamestops (somewhere in February this year ? Correct me if I'm wrong), but it came on Wi-Fi just a week before the launch of HGSS. I just hope the Shiny Beasts will get the same treatment, as they got some really awesome movesets. (:

nm legend

Years
    how exactly do i get it? thats cool tho i work rite next to a gamestop so a shiny event for me every week = pretty awesome

PokéSwimmer

Keeping time time time
    Years
    I wonder if it would add to the embarrassment if I bring BOTH version of the games to a Gamestop? >.>

According to Pokemon.com, the beasts can be downloaded to all Gen IV games, so you technically could bring all five games, though people probably would start to give you weird looks after a while... :paranoid:

Weber

Thats Farfetch'd
    Years
    • Seen Oct 29, 2013
    can some one tell me how to get these events, do you just have to be in the store while downloading them becuase thats alittle uncomfortable for me because im 20.... and so are my friends that also play pokemon....

I know about the dates and when to download them though.

edit #2, i can clone the beasts for those of you who cant get the event. just message me if your interested.

Last edited:

Kip

🔥 Fluffy Fire Fox
    Years
    • Age 32
    • They/Them
    • UK
    • Seen May 16, 2024
    Oh look. Another event that I can't see or reach. Fantastic.

Seriously, if there's not a Wi-Fi event for this in Europe pretty damn quickly I'm going to jump of a building. A tall building.

Bluerang1

pin pin
    Years
    I'm with the rest of the posters. I live in Romania, and there are no Gamestops here. Meaning that I won't get the event. )):
    Even though I remember the Shiny Pichu. First, it was distributed in Gamestops (somewhere in February this year ? Correct me if I'm wrong), but it came on Wi-Fi just a week before the launch of HGSS. I just hope the Shiny Beasts will get the same treatment, as they got some really awesome movesets. (:

Oh how I hope you're right. I'll be holding out for that :)

Oblivion Wing

IGN: Havel 3DS Friend Code: 5215-3694-9757
    Years
    Wow!!! That's awesome :D I've never been to a gamestop event giveaway, so I'm assuming that all gamestops (in the US) are going to be doing the same??

Years
    I'm excited! I have HeartGold at the moment, and I'm getting SoulSilver and Platinum in a few days :) I will get one for all 3, haha. And since I'm 18... it might be kind of embarrassing. But, the official Pokemon site says you get them via wireless, so I'm hoping I can just sit in the front of the building in my car and hope that it will work.

AHC

Why Hi There!
    Years
    Well I'm most likely going to get all three but you only need one for the event so I'll trade the Entei and Suicune to whoever wants it.

Years
    how exactly do i get it? thats cool tho i work rite next to a gamestop so a shiny event for me every week = pretty awesome
    You need to activate Mystery Gift if you are playing Pearl, Diamond, and Platinum. If you have HeartGold or SoulSilver Mystery Gift is already activated. Then follow these instructions. I would of like for the Pokemon to have been distributed via Wi-Fi so people not living near a GameStop can get one.

Musica

PPPPPDPPPPP
    Years
    You need to activate Mystery Gift if you are playing Pearl, Diamond, and Platinum. If you have HeartGold or SoulSilver Mystery Gift is already activated. Then follow these instructions. I would of like for the Pokemon to have been distributed via Wi-Fi so people not living near a GameStop can get one.

So compassionate of you. :D
    Anyhow, I'll just find someone who can trade it to me once B/W comes out here. Sigh. >_>

Back