• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Shiny Pokemon Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen May 6, 2005
    I read this thread having never heard of the a shiny/coloured pokemon before let alone seeing one. I came off the comp and just started walking around looking for one after 5 mins I found a green Golbat in the tunnel b4 the pokemon league. I just thought that was really strange anyway im gonna stop talking now

DeoxysOwns22

*Visit My Adoption Center*
    Years
    • Age 32
    • USA
    • Seen Jun 21, 2005
    In what all versions can you catch a shiney?
    I caught a Whuismur shiney!
    Where do you get shiney starters from? And how do you know if the starter is shiney?

Please reply somebody,
    DeoxysOwns22

IceKitten

Sneasel! Ice Beam!
    Years
    1. Don't double/multiple post

2. Every version apart from R/B/Y (although you can find them but you don't know if you have lol)

3. You keep restarting your game til you get a shiny and you know if you have it because it's a different colour

4. You don't get Charizard in Ruby...

Smarties-chan

Should've had that name change
    Years
    • Age 22
    • Seen Sep 12, 2015
    In pokemon gold I once found a blue ghastly but I had just used up all my pokeballs :/ so I couldn't catch it. But anyway later in the game I found a green mankey and captured it :D

Datriot

Tachikama!!!
    Years
    I came across a shiny Zigzagoon in Ruby but I couldn't catch it because I didn't have the Pokedex and I couldn't buy any Poke'balls :(
    Unfortunately I haven't seen a shiny ever since... :dead:

Stouph

Veteran Trainer
    Years
    Other than comparing the colors, how can you tell right away that it's a shinny? Do they flash or sparkle?

Because some shinnies don't look all that different...

paws720

Raichu Lover
    Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2012
    i think i may have had some encounters but it was a while ago i restarted my games n i havent really noticed any difference in my pokemon

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2005
    My One and Only Shiny..

K, I don't really wanna be a member or something bcus I don't "hunt shinies" that much cus I don't play pkmn that much anymore... Kingdom Hearts is what I'm playing now.. but anyway my only shiny is a black zubat that I'm gonna evolve soon.. I've also caught a dark brown shiny zigzagoon on a ruby version but my friend erased it :( and I once saw a shiny meowth in the trainer tower in green leaf version and my other friend said he saw a silver caterpie one time...

obelisk-kun

GO HINATA KICK NEJI'S ASS!!!!!
    Years
    underworldhades said:
    in the trainer tower, I encountered a trainer with a shining espeon, I think it was the first in the double type.
    me two i battled i shiny makuhuta it was like 10 or something and i had all my pokemon at least in the 40s i was so mad cause all i had wore ordinary pokeballs

Last edited:

Micael

ミカエル
    Years
    ^-^ weeee. I just got my first shiny. It was my daily routine of planting and collecting berries when suddenly I came across a Shiny Zigzagoon. I Paralized it and threw an Ultra Ball at it. Emerald Version ^-^

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back