• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Shiny Pokemon Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lady Demoonica Darkmoon

Shiny Hunters Club Co-Owner
    Years
    I own a total of 10 -yes ten- shiny Pokmon.

There is one tip to finding Shiny Pokemon, fight wild Pokemon to raise your Pokemon instead of fighting trainers. You kill two birds with one stone, shiny hunting and training all at the same time. V(^_^)V Because of this I also have a lot of High level pokemon and over 200 hours played on all of my games.

By just training in the grass insted of against trainers all the time I have found eight shiny pokemon!

I have:

#1. Sableye
    #2. Duskull / Dusclops
    #3. Zigzagoon / Linoone
    #4. Oddish / Gloom / Vileplume
    #5. Oddish / Gloom / Bellossum
    #6. Gastly
    #7. Staryu / Starmie
    #8. Heracross

The ones in Bold are what they are now, due to evolution.

I also have:

#9. Zigzagoon
    #10. Zigzagoon

But I didn't catch these two, I receved then from the Berry Update.

I wish every one good luck on finding shiny pokemon, they are out there, and with luck you will find and catch them!

Lady Demoonica Darkmoon

Shiny Hunters Club Co-Owner
    Years

There is one tip to finding Shiny Pokemon, fight wild Pokemon to raise your Pokemon instead of fighting trainers. You kill two birds with one stone, shiny hunting and training all at the same time. V(^_^)V Because of this I also have a lot of High level pokemon and close to 300 hours played on all of my games.

By just training in the grass insted of against trainers all the time I have found eight shiny pokemon!

I have:

#1. Sableye
    #2. Duskull / Dusclops
    #3. Zigzagoon / Linoone
    #6. Gastly
    #7. Staryu / Starmie
    #8. Heracross

I also have:

#9. Zigzagoon
    #10. Zigzagoon

I've also missed out on a shiny Golbat -knocked it out- and shiny Lairon -it used Roar-

I wish every one good luck on finding shiny pokemon, they are out there, and with luck you will find and catch them!

speedfreakish

shockifying
    Years
    • Seen Dec 31, 2005
    shiny pokemon

I only caught one shiny Pokemon in my Emerald, and that was a Whismur. It's pink and green.

dragonscar

The Night Will Fall To Dragons
    Years
    • Seen Mar 5, 2006
    i have a shiny code for gameshark sp on the emerald thread(posted on the last page)it'll
    tell you everything you need to know about the shiny code but one thing i didn't mention is that all the shinies are female

PokeWiFi

Owner of PokeWiFi
    Years
    Wow, congrats.

I've never found a shiney pokemon before although I did trade one from a friend for a toadidile which I bread and had thousands of.

Years
    Lady Demoonica Darkmoon said:

There is one tip to finding Shiny Pokemon, fight wild Pokemon to raise your Pokemon instead of fighting trainers. You kill two birds with one stone, shiny hunting and training all at the same time. V(^_^)V Because of this I also have a lot of High level pokemon and close to 300 hours played on all of my games.

I have:

#1. Sableye
    #2. Duskull / Dusclops
    #3. Zigzagoon / Linoone
    #6. Gastly
    #7. Staryu / Starmie
    #8. Heracross

I also have:

#9. Zigzagoon
    #10. Zigzagoon

I've also missed out on a shiny Golbat -knocked it out- and shiny Lairon -it used Roar-

Hey, you never mentioned in the SHC that you, too, found a roaring shiny lairon. We should start a militia to hunt 'em down! (or steal Shuko's, XD) I also lost a shiny Teddiursa in Gold, since it ran.

I also like your notation for owned shinies. We should make it standard in the SHC to help out SkinnyGreenMan with the Dex. ;)

I own:
    #1. Linoone
    #2. Hoppip / Skiploom / Jumpluff
    #3. Whismur / Loudred / Exploud
    #4. Porygon / Porygon2
    #5. Hoppip
    #6. Dratini / Dragonair / Dragonite
    #7. Lotad / Lombre / Ludicolo

That's it. I'm not an eliteist aristocrat like LDD, who has access to nintendo's free shiny machines.

Edit: Hey, hey! My shiny dex, if you can think of it in those terms, is 15, while LDD's is only 13. Take that!

Last edited:

KageSora

Rukario Fan
    Years
    I remember my first (and only) shiny...

It was 1:00 a.m. (I shoulda been asleep like, 2 hours before, but, hey, I was having fun :P ) I was looking for a Jigglypuff, but was mad because I could only find Spearow. I told myself, 1 more battle, then bed. I sighed as I found yet another Spearow. I was gonna shut my DS off, but then I realized something. The shadowy-spearow didn't look quite right. The battle began, and there it was: a golden Spearow. I nearly yelled with joy as I saw it. I caught it, and promptly got rid of my other Spearow. That was the best day of my Pokemon gaming life. XD

Then it evolved, and wasn't so pretty anymore. XD

Years
    I know I have more, but her's the only one I can think of right now:
    Zubat/Golbat/Crobat
    Name: ShadowBat
    Game: Saphire

I think I ahve a shiny Dusklops(Evolved from Duskull) in there to.

Shiny Meganium

Meganium trainer
    Years
    I've only ever on any of the games found one. It's a gold Rattata, which after catching it, I evolved it into a red Raticate. I love the way it sparkles when I send it out.

Years
    Trainer Ash said:
    Iv'e never ever seen a shiny pokemon before.surprised . They must be really rare if Iv'e never seen one.
    They are.

I know I have more, but her's the only one I can think of right now:
    Zubat/Golbat/Crobat
    Name: ShadowBat
    Game: Saphire

I think I have a shiny Dusklops(Evolved from Duskull) in there to.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back