• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Shiny Pokemon Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Jan 21, 2006
    hey

A Sad Story with shiny pokemon. Ive only ever seen one on Silver version. It was a Zubat, and I was trying to get through the **** cave and I just keep pressing A A A to run and i wasnt even looking, then i looked down and saw a Yellow Zubat as it said got away saftley. Sucked so bad.

Lady Demoonica Darkmoon

Shiny Hunters Club Co-Owner
    Years
    I just caught my 2nd Emerald shiny, another Oddish.

SHINY ODDISH
    GAME - EMERALD
    GAME TIME - 303:34
    Level - 26
    GENDER - Male
    Route - 120
    HP - 63
    At - 36
    Dff - 36
    Sp At - 47
    Sp Dff - 43
    Speed - 30

Years
    • Age 33
    • Ohio
    • Seen Aug 16, 2008
    Don't feel bad, Psydaquil. I always accidentally run from Pokemon I wanna catch. Although, I don't think I ever ran from a Shiny. :shocked: How would I know?!? *goes temporarily insane thinkng about all the shinies he could have had*

Ketay

Keyblade Master
    Years
    My first shiny was a Machop, and I hated Machops but I was going to catch it anyway... Only I killed it. Oh well.

The only shiny I actually caught though was a Rattata I believe... And I didn't like it so I stored it in a box right away. =P

aragornbird

(。◕‿‿◕。)
    Years
    ♠♣♥♦♠♣♥♦♠♣♥♦♠♣♥♦

In my Ruby version, I was just playing normally until I found...a Shiny Manectric! Unfortunately...

...it was in the Battle Tower so I couldn't catch it. -_- And that's the only Shiny I ever encountered in the advanced games.

♠♣♥♦♠♣♥♦♠♣♥♦♠♣♥♦

Years
    • Age 39
    • Seen Apr 10, 2008
    Pokemon Gold/Silver/Crystal (GSC)
    Red Gyrados
    Shiny Kakuna - Bug Contest

Pokemon Red/Blue/Yellow
    Shiny Voltorb - Near the Rock Tunnel area
    Shiny Abra - Just ahead from the Nugget Bridge

Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire
    None

Pokemon FireRed/LeafGreen
    Shiny Magneton - Cerulean Cave

Pokemon Emerald
    Never played Pokemon Emerald.

Iron Tiff

OBJECTION!
    Years
    I've had absolutely no luck with Shinies on the GBA generations. I managed to get tons of them on Silver though. Here's what I've had...

Gyarados
    Bellsprout (Which I cloned, then evolved one)
    Weepinbell (Repeated the cloning and evolving)
    Victreebel
    Arcanine ^^
    Mew (Trade)
    Umbreon (Trade)
    Ditto (RBY Gyarados trick)
    Lapras

There may have been more, but that's what I remember. Too lazy to look. XD

As for the GBA games, no Shinies. Which REALLY stinks, since my Gym's badge is the Shiningbadge. What stinks even more is that I caught Pokerus on my friend's Ruby. And yet PKRS' odds are even lower... XD What a tease!

Ah well. My luck's just weird. XD

olliegodienow

Pok? Master
    Years
    ive got 430+ hours on sapphire and have not seen 1 shiny pokemon, ive only ever got that crappy red gyarados from gold/silver/crystal. but i beat the elite 4 continuously (around 475 times now) and i didnt n00b around in the long grass in the game

Years
    olliegodienow said:
    ive got 430+ hours on sapphire and have not seen 1 shiny pokemon, ive only ever got that crappy red gyarados from gold/silver/crystal. but i beat the elite 4 continuously (around 475 times now) and i didnt n00b around in the long grass in the game
    Well, n00bing around in the grass is how you find shinies, which explains why you don't have any. n00b.

Micans

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2006
    Syousuke said:
    Pokemon Gold/Silver/Crystal (GSC)
    Red Gyrados
    Shiny Kakuna - Bug Contest

Pokemon Red/Blue/Yellow
    Shiny Voltorb - Near the Rock Tunnel area
    Shiny Abra - Just ahead from the Nugget Bridge

Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire
    None

Pokemon FireRed/LeafGreen
    Shiny Magneton - Cerulean Cave

Pokemon Emerald
    Never played Pokemon Emerald.

Shiny pokemon aren't in Red, Blue or Yellow.

I caught a shiny Zigzagoon on a rom of the Japanese Sapphire when it started being distributed. Too bad it was a rom.

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    Pok?*?nScott said:
    I need a code for a Shiny Magikarp or Gyarados. I want a Shiny Gyarados as part of my team.

-Scott-

i know how but its GSC only first capture the shiny gyrados in the lake of rage then capture a regular gyrados breed and you might get a gold magicarp evolving it makes it a gold gyrados

Lady Demoonica Darkmoon

Shiny Hunters Club Co-Owner
    Years
    I caught a Shiny Seviper on my friends copy of Sapphire, she had asked me to find her a shiny and let me keep the game so I could. Haven't found anything shiny for my own games scence the Oddish I posted about earlier...

Persona

Banned
    Years
    great job ;) r u interested in hunting for shinies now? well if u want 2, u can join the shiny hunter's club thread, u can check it out.......

~D.S~

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Mar 9, 2009
    I don't have any shinies right now because I keep starting my games over. I had a shiny Pidgey in FR.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back