• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Shiny Pokemon Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

shocbolt

Lost Souls
    Years
    • Seen Dec 28, 2009
    never caught a shiny in my life.I have seen ONE but it was i the battle snake thingy and battle frontier

Smarties-chan

Should've had that name change
    Years
    • Age 22
    • Seen Sep 12, 2015
    A Sad Story with shiny pokemon. Ive only ever seen one on Silver version. It was a Zubat, and I was trying to get through the **** cave and I just keep pressing A A A to run and i wasnt even looking, then i looked down and saw a Yellow Zubat as it said got away saftley. Sucked so bad.
    That is very weird, because a shiny Zubat is pink, not yellow -_-

I had a shiny encounter about a year ago, but I forgot to mention it. I was playing my emerald ROM and since I love the battle factory I just kept on playing it through again and again, then this dude with a shiny Tauros appeares and of course I can't catch it >.<

Elite James

Professor James
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2006
    I haven't even seen a shiny.. Knowing my luck, i've seen loads and not realised, so just killed them as per usual xD
    haha, maybe one day i will find one..
    im not doing too bad on my game, to say im only 70 hours into it :)
    one day, i will OWN a shiny :(

Aaryn

I Want a DS!!!
    Years
    Of course. When you find a shiny and battle it, stars pop out of it (appart from the different color)

SO for example, if your on tall frass running around like a madman, and a battle pops up and its shiny, youll see the pokemon appear as normal, from the left of the screen to the right of it, and when it stops and it shows perfectly, youll see stars pop out and youll see that the color is different from the normal color.

It doesnt have anything else. Thats all there is to it. Luck and dedication to find it.

Aaryn

I Want a DS!!!
    Years
    you should ask about the odds of FINDING one, not of catching one.

its 1/8192

and that doenst mean that every 8192 battles you'll find at least one shiny. It resets after every battle!

Years
    Yeah. I've done loads of statistical calculations with this sort of thing. Off the top of my head, I can recall that you have a 50% chance of seeing at least one shiny in 5678 turns. This is the population median. (It's possible you might go millions of turns without seeing a shiny, however...)

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Nov 15, 2007
    That's nice to know. I didn't think shinies were out for the new games. I'll have to keep my eyes open now. Thanks for mentioning them.

Years
    OK. It's possible, though very unlikely that you'll go millions of turns without seeing any shinies. You can expect to see a shiny every 8192 turns, on average.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back