• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Shiny Pokemon Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

It's Just Fufu

Nostalgia is powerful.
    Years
    D'MoneyBoi said:
    mmsp, how long have you ben looking for shiny torchic/charmander...seems like its been forever... :D

Charmander: 2 months (T_T)
    Torchic: I can't remember, i think 3 days...

EDIT: Gave up on Torchic... i am going for Treecko now! I need a nickname, any suggestions? And Mr. USA is lame, my cousin *coughD'MoneyBoicough* thought of it.

Last edited:

Mike4141

Pokemon Adventurer
    Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2007
    I have a shiny Parasect and a shiny Raichu. Right now I'm in Viridian Forest looking for shiny caterpie and shiny weedle

H20

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2006
    shiny charmander

Hmm well what game are you playing? tell me and i may have some advice to get a shiny charmander without cheating.

It's Just Fufu

Nostalgia is powerful.
    Years
    Well, u should restart your FR or LG game and save right in front of the pokeball with charmander in it. Once u obtain it, go to summary and check if it is shiny. If it is not, just reset your game by pressing A+B+Start+Select, and do the process over.

Latias418

Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Sep 11, 2007
    In the years played, I've yet to SEE a Shiny on any of the games I own.

Red (Errr...are thier even Shinies in that?)
    Yellow (See above)
    Silver x3 (Lots of people gave 'em to me...O.o)
    Ruby
    Sapphire
    Emerald
    Firered
    And, if any possibility, Colo and XD

H20

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2006
    well do you want a shiny pelipper?

i will tell you how to get a shiny pelipper surf in sootopilis city in ruby and use max repel once its used up 1 should come next time you find a pokemon.

Last edited:

Green Bulbasaur

Grass Lover
    Years
    I get unlucky when it comes to finding shiny pokemon..

The only shiny pokemon I have ever caught (besides Red Gyarados), was Tentacool.

It's Just Fufu

Nostalgia is powerful.
    Years
    H20 said:
    i will tell you how to get a shiny pelipper surf in sootopilis city in ruby and use max repel once its used up 1 should come next time you find a pokemon.

I have a shiny Pelipper(it is on my Trainer Card), and that is not how finding a shiny pokemon works... I'll explain it in an easy-to-understand way. Everytime u see a pokemon, it is assigned a number. If that number is below 8(0,1,2,3,4,5,6,or 7) then it is a shiny pokemon. Furthermore, that method is incorrect for 3 main reasons

1)You can't find a wild Pelipper in Sootopolis City

2)What if you fly to someplace where wild Pelliper don't appear at all, like Victory Road?

3)Pelipper is already rare in the places u can see it in the wild, so u will most likely see a Tentacool or a Wingull.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Apr 8, 2012
    I found my first shiny the other day. I was hunting for a male Vulpix but when the shiny one came up I decided to catch and keep it. Vulpix is my only female Pokemon on my team. :)

H20

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2006
    ?

sorry i was just trying 2 give friendly advice but i guess i should not give u advice how 2 get shiny suicune you can find a pelliper at sootopalis and you can get 1 at victory road u just have not searched and i bet you dont have the version i have i have ruby so dont post complaints i was trying to be very nice and i hope that the other person on this page will belive me and not u because im right and you are very very wrong so dont be angry everyone is best at something im best at finding shiny pokemon and you are best at being very wrong and i guess you dont like pokemon much if u dont know there areas yes pelipper is rare but thats how i found a shiny one and please dont post something to me ever again. because i wont awnser you. green bulbasaur do you belive me AND I CANT BELIVE THAT nerd ACTUALLY KNOWS THE NUMBERS OF A SHINY POKEMON hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhHA.

Last edited:

.: Giovanni :.

Tool...
    Years
    H20 said:
    sorry i was just trying 2 give friendly advice but i guess i should not give u advice how 2 get shiny suicune you can find a pelliper at sootopalis and you can get 1 at victory road u just have not searched and i bet you dont have the version i have i have ruby so dont post complaints i was trying to be very nice and i hope that the other person on this page will belive me and not u because im right and you are very very wrong so dont be angry everyone is best at something im best at finding shiny pokemon and you are best at being very wrong and i guess you dont like pokemon much if u dont know there areas yes pelipper is rare but thats how i found a shiny one and please dont post something to me ever again. because i wont awnser you. green bulbasaur do you belive me?

Look kiddo. He was just trying to put you down politely. He could have just called you retarded for not knowing a certain strategy. The sad thing is, that you're wrong, too. Shiny pokemon happen by chance and the only one you can get by event or planning in the Red Gyrados in G/S/C.

H20

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2006
    huh?

well dont be mad at me im only a kid im just saying thats how i got 1 and im really just trying my best 2 give out tips and sorry for even trying but i am not a retard i am trying 2 be nice on this site but if people contiue to make me mad i wont so bug off me and stop taking up for that stupid gorilla meele master shiny pokemon he is a nerd who really made me mad beacause i tryed to be nice to him but no he gets mad and says that im wrong no one else post me if your going to be mean or i will not post you back!

Last edited:

It's Just Fufu

Nostalgia is powerful.
    Years
    H20 said:
    well dont be mad at me im only a kid im just saying thats how i got 1 and im really just trying my best 2 give out tips and sorry for even trying but i am not a retard i am trying 2 be nice on this site but if people contiue to make me mad i wont so bug off me and stop taking up for that stupid gorilla meele master shiny pokemon he is a nerd who really made me mad beacause i tryed to be nice to him but no he gets mad and says that im wrong no one else post me if your going to be mean or i will not post you back!

...what? LOL:laugh: I find that quite amusing...
    I'm a kid, too, I am only 12, so stop complaing, sheesh...

I wasn't even mean to you at all... I was just saying that what u said was wrong, and I had facts to prove it. Secondly, no, u can not find Pelipper in Sootopolis City, unless u cheated your game so horribly that u can't even walk Fly without it messing up or something like that. And how did u get the impression that I was mad at you? Now, that u think that I am mad, you're over saying shite about me, and I haven't even done anything to u. And yes, u can give friendly advice to others, but when it is wrong, and I know the correct thing, I will correct you, whether it bothers u or not, becuz i don't want someone to believe u and try your method to see it fail horribly, then come back here start flaming on you for it. And before u start saying "you don't have this, you don't have that," how do u know? If u must know, i have, or have had Pokemon Red, Blue, Yellow, Silver, Gold, Crystal, Sapphire, Ruby, Emerald, FireRed, my bro has LeafGreen, Colosseum, and Pokemon XD. Not to mention PK Stadium 1&2, and Snap. Yes, I bet u cannot say u have all those games?

And since when were u best at finding shiny pokemon? If there is anyone I know is has the natural luck or tenacity to find shiny pokemon, it is either Shiny_Hunter_Tauros_Rule, or MissingNo. Master, from SPPF. I don't really know anyone here, but I think Aaryn has a good amount of shinies too. To get a Pelipper in Sootopolis, like I said before, u are either cheating or lying, both of which are looked down. I really could care less about how you got it if u cheated for it. Or, it could be a Japanese copy, but I highly doubt that.

To Green Bulbasaur, I hope you don't believe H20. Yes, it may seem as though I am a mean person, but i really am not. I just told him that his method is wrong unless u cheat, and that is all, nothing more and nothing less.

H20, Giovanni is right about how I could've called u names like "retarded" and stuff like that. But did I? No. you should be grateful that i took the time to correct u at all, I am not obliged to look after your mistakes.

Oh, and nice job trying to flame on me... "Gorilla melee master shiny pokemon?" "You are the best at being very wrong"? lol, I bet if i called u that u would try to start a flame war... sheesh.

H20

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2006
    so

im not at all sorry its not my fault it did not work 4 you and i still do think you are a nerd so leave me alone i bet more people will belive me then you to green bulbasaur please belive me and not this dork.

Last edited:

It's Just Fufu

Nostalgia is powerful.
    Years
    So what if u are 11? You need to grow up. This is THE INTERNET, know cares how old u really are, they just assume how old u are based on the way u act. And how u are acting, u look like a little 4 year old with the mental capacity of a stick...

Edit: Good job at trying to cover up your mistake. You edited your first post on this page(#402) so that it seemed like u said "next time u find a pokemon in the water" when my quote clearly says just "next time u find a pokemon". Nice job at trying to cover up your mistake and make me look bad, but i don't think it worked ;)

Oh, and how is that method gonna work for me, if it doesn't work at all, can u tell me? U can't feel sorrry that it didn't work if i doesn't work at all...

Last edited:
    Years
    and just because thats how u found ur pelliper even though it sounds far fetched (poke pun XD) and highly impossible that doesnt mean that it will work for everybody...thats like saying because u named urself _______ you can catch 17 shiny charizards at level 271....<<<<see just because "it happened" to u doesnt make it fact... :D just my 2 cents....

D'MoneyBoi D'King
    :t009:

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    People here can be really immature. I hate to be mod-ish, but I think that if you find a post offensive, you should report it to a mod or admin rather than doing the childish thing of getting angry and *trying* to start flame wars. That's not aimed specifically at anyone, its just a general annoyance that I have with some people at these forums.

Anyway, back on topic. My sister thought she had a shiny Swampert and really got excited, until I told her it was just part of the animation that it went blue haha

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back