• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Shiny Pokemon Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Apr 8, 2012
    If you're trying to get a shiny starter do you have to start a new game over and over or can you just save before you pick your starter and reload?

.: Giovanni :.

Tool...
    Years
    Hey, it's all good H20. We all get heated sometimes bro.

On a different note, I caught my second shiny ever below Pellet Town on Tangela Island. (At least thats what I call it because thats all you can find there.) But it only took me 3 hours and my Flareon went up from Lv. 58 to Lv. 61 400 exp. at a time. Shiny Tangela will probably sit in BOX2 for the rest of its life but at least I found one. :/

H20

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2006
    i have these

i have a shiny beautyfly on ruby a shiny gastly on crystal a shiny blazeken a shiny pelipper and a shiny ralts ps im not evoving the ralts its way to cool.:laugh: and i did not cheat to get them i got them on my own a strange thing is on my ruby version wally encountered a shiny ralts i was angry when he found 1 of his own but in disbelive when i found 1. i have 1 cheated shiny but i had to do it...... its a jirachi. and no you dont start over and reload and all that mumbo jumbo i got it by just getting a male charecter and i picked torchic i dont think thats how it worked but i know it was not what i named him that did it.

Last edited:

H20

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2006
    yup

im extermly lucky and my game shark got me a jirachi so im practicly unbeatible.

Last edited:

jakestlm

<- It's a Sonic Screwdriver
    Years
    • Seen May 11, 2010
    The first time I played my copy of sapphire, I chose Torchic, and it was shiney. I didn't know it wasn't the regular color untill I restarted the game. :(

Years
    • Seen Aug 23, 2006
    I met a shiny(green) Oddish once in the long grass area. It'll evolve into a green Vilebloom(please excuse my spelling, I just can't remember their names...) and a purple I-forget-its-name pokemon(the one you use Sunstone on a Gloom). But once I had beaten the game ONCE ONLY THE RECORD WAS DELETED!!! I don't know what happened, I didn't use any cheat and I swear I only beat the Elite Four once. Don't you get your record erased after the 2nd time you have beaten the Elite Four?! I got no chance to play the features afterwards!!! XP

That's the story of how I parted with my only shiny in the game... (I was surprised when I found out that getting a shiny is easier than getting the Pokerus coz I caught at least two with Pokerus-one Pikachu and one Altaria, and acutally got a Pichu and a Igglypuff with it too but I forgot did I infect the latter or bred a infected Jigglypuff)

H20

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2006
    where is everyone?

no one has posted in days! where did you all go?:(

H20

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2006
    Ok

well i am in the middle of battleing wally at evergrande so .................................................................................................................................................................................................?????????? i wont post 4 a while........

Gyardosamped

entering snake habitat
    Years
    Nice 2 with shiny crobats, the only Pokemon that I've catched which is no shiny at all but I consider it one is the Gyarodos that is red in Mahogony town xD

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Apr 8, 2012
    H20 said:
    no one has posted in days! where did you all go?:(
    Whoa man chill out... people will post when they have something of value to say, I'd rather see intelligent discussion than ruthless spam.

DARKDESTINY

alone_in_the_dark
    Years
    • Seen Apr 8, 2014
    Ninja Monkey said:
    Whoa man chill out... people will post when they have something of value to say, I'd rather see intelligent discussion than ruthless spam.
    HOW FREAKING IRONIC...in other news, I'm searching for a "shiny" Seviper with no positive results...
    edit:whoops...FR/LG "shiny" discussion thread!:S

H20

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2006
    Wow!

YES i finnaly found it shiny snorunt. its awsome. now that i have her i will have an unbeatable team!:badsmile:

Gyardosamped

entering snake habitat
    Years
    H20 said:
    YES i finnaly found it shiny snorunt. its awsome. now that i have her i will have an unbeatable team!:badsmile:
    Just because you have a shiny Pokemon doesen't mean your teams unbeatable, not that you have a level 100(ALL pokemon) is un-beatable....
    But Shiny pokemon are the same as normal except they're just shiny... I just wanted to point it out H20

Years
    • Seen Jun 26, 2006
    YukiAoi said:
    I met a shiny(green) Oddish once in the long grass area. It'll evolve into a green Vilebloom(please excuse my spelling, I just can't remember their names...) and a purple I-forget-its-name pokemon(the one you use Sunstone on a Gloom). But once I had beaten the game ONCE ONLY THE RECORD WAS DELETED!!! I don't know what happened, I didn't use any cheat and I swear I only beat the Elite Four once. Don't you get your record erased after the 2nd time you have beaten the Elite Four?! I got no chance to play the features afterwards!!! XP

That's the story of how I parted with my only shiny in the game... (I was surprised when I found out that getting a shiny is easier than getting the Pokerus coz I caught at least two with Pokerus-one Pikachu and one Altaria, and acutally got a Pichu and a Igglypuff with it too but I forgot did I infect the latter or bred a infected Jigglypuff)

I'm wondering too, that the chance to get a shiny should be higher than to get the pokerus, because I got a pokemon with pokerus earlier in the game than a shiny pokemon (and since more than one week i'm trying to get a shiny torchick)!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back