• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Shiny Pokemon Dos &Donts

Volroc

The Unpredictability Trainer
Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    Which Shiny Pokemon you think look Great, and which do you think are horrible?

----------------------
    I personally dont like Shiny Milotic,i makes me think of yellow tail,and then i get hungry lol

I LOVE shiny Taillow/Swellow, even better when in emerald green ♥

i also like Shiny Lunatone, Minun, Ninetales (DUH! who doesnt :P), Umbreon, & Basically any Shiny thats Green, ESPECIALLY Salamence ♥

i dont really like the Grey Charizard of Gen4 you can dispute me if you want but thats GREY not Black like gen2&3, i dont like charizards sprites in gen4 at all which is sad cuz i love charizard :(

and as you can tell from my sig i think Pink PAchirisu is horrible, and looks far better in emerald ♥

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2010
    I caught a shiny Magikarp in emerald. Red Gyrados was all ftw.. until HG/SS came out and everyone had one.
    My legit Shiny Rayquaza made me really think about Shiny Legends.. Most of which are crap, save for Ho-Oh and Giratina, which are some of the greatest shinies there are.
    Shiny Sceptile is AWESOME, and that is elevated even more by the fact that Sceptiel is my fav Poke of all time :P
    Shiny Swalot and Manetric are really sweet to. I am planning on doing a Emerald run with thsoe 3 shinies above.. Better get started SRing.

Eurydice

`~♥Eury♥~'
    Years
  • my favorites are Shiny Sneasel and Shiny Espeon...they look better as shinies.
    the only ones i really dont like are the ones you cant tell are shiny. there should be a noticeable color difference the ones that look the same as their nonshiny versions are just blah

zommy08

Crimson Trainer
    Years
  • Shiny Espeon, Altaria and Blaziken. My least favourite is definitely Garchomp. I mean, there's hardly any difference. Normal is blue and red; shiny is slightly lighter blue and red. And, Volroc, you're not the only one who doesn't like shiny Charizard.

Volroc

Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    my favorites are Shiny Sneasel and Shiny Espeon...they look better as shinies.
    the only ones i really dont like are the ones you cant tell are shiny. there should be a noticeable color difference the ones that look the same as their nonshiny versions are just blah

Espeon is beast

Sneasel is completely HORRIBLE, a PINK male shiny sneasel WTF!?
    thats just wrong -_-

i think the ones without much change in color are the best, cuz they dont look hideous like alot of those shiny pokemon

plus shiny legends suck except: mewtwo, regice (Which looks more like its official artwork),raikou, dialga, arceus, giratina,palkia, latios, latias, &cresselia

i bunch of pre-evolutions of final stage pokemon have horrible shiny but evolve into gorgeous ones (trapinch -> flygon)

PokeLawry

Pokemon Master!
    Years
  • Shiny Charizard is a beast. [Literally] But i must say, Shiny Tangela is my dude. First one i caught. He's Green, and Amazing!

Mayfan24

Pokemon Trader
    Years
  • Espeon is beast

Sneasel is completely HORRIBLE, a PINK male shiny sneasel WTF!?
    thats just wrong -_-

i think the ones without much change in color are the best, cuz they dont look hideous like alot of those shiny pokemon

plus shiny legends suck except: mewtwo, regice (Which looks more like its official artwork),raikou, dialga, arceus, giratina,palkia, latios, latias, &cresselia

i bunch of pre-evolutions of final stage pokemon have horrible shiny but evolve into gorgeous ones (trapinch -> flygon)
    lol, i have both shiny sneasel and shiny weavile as females ^_^

my personal favorites are:
    shiny mareep
    shiny graveler (G/S/C)
    shiny swablu/altaria
    shiny cleffa
    shiny igglybuff
    shiny magneton
    shiny charizard
    shiny rayquaza
    shiny umbreon
    shiny espeon
    shiny eevee
    shiny magikarp

rndm.

Mostly inactive D:
    Years
  • Charizard, Rayquaza and Absol. Those came to my mind first, and I think they look pretty awesome.

Volroc

Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    lol, i have both shiny sneasel and shiny weavile as females ^_^

my personal favorites are:
    shiny mareep
    shiny graveler (G/S/C)
    shiny swablu/altaria
    shiny cleffa
    shiny igglybuff
    shiny magneton
    shiny charizard
    shiny rayquaza
    shiny umbreon
    shiny espeon
    shiny eevee
    shiny magikarp

love all those except illgybuff which i havent seen, graveller cuz i prefer golem :P
    &rayquaza which makes my think of crap when its black, it looks better green

altaria shiny is badass <3 <3 <3 <3

empty streets

Ace trainer ★
    Years
  • The ones I like as shinies:

* Furret
    * Crobat
    * Ampharos
    * Treeko and it's evolutions
    * Ralts and it's evolutions
    * Shinx
    * Yanmega

There are some others that I missed, oh well.

A really great part of shiny pokemon are just ugly though. The ones that are green or brown.. beh.

I Laugh at your Misfortune!

Normal is a synonym for boring
    Years
  • I hate shiny starmie. I think someone once said that it looked like a nine year old girl had gone at it with a make up kit.

Shiny Pokemon Dos &Donts

EURRRGGHH

Somewhat ironically, shiny Staryu is teh smex

Shiny Pokemon Dos &Donts

yaaaaaaay

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    Shiny Umbreon and Shiny Charizard are probably the two most stylish Pokemon designs ever made.

Shiny Pikachu, however, was a catastrophe. The ugly orange clashed with everything.

Volroc

Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    i just hatched my first shiny that i bred on my own,without any external methods, just 2parents, and a single egg....
    and it was a SHINY SLUGMA!!!!! :cer_boogie:
    hes so cute, i named him Escargo :cer_boogie:

Weavile05

Currently Hacking BW
    Years
  • I like shiny Regigigas
    shiny Cressellia
    Shiny Dialga
    Shiny Giratina
    Shiny Charizard
    Shiny Shinx and evos
    That's all that are coming to mind right now.

oh yeah, Shiny bronzor and evos are good too.

Last edited:

Gulpin

poisonous
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    I like my Shiny Swinub that I caught in the Ice Cave :3 I also like shiny Voltorb.. the blue makes it look less like a PokeBall wannabe.

ArcanineOod

DESU.
    Years
  • I love Shiny Sneasel and Weavile. XD
    The Zubat line, too.

I really love Shiny Leafeon. While it has no colour change, it is literally shiny. Makes it look more natural and alive to me. ^__^

Volroc

Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    I love Shiny Sneasel and Weavile. XD
    The Zubat line, too.

I really love Shiny Leafeon. While it has no colour change, it is literally shiny. Makes it look more natural and alive to me. ^__^

i agreee on the leafeon :cer_boogie:

Gulpin

poisonous
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    Another one that I might add is Shiny Surskit; it looks amazing.

pkmntrainerpaul

New account: P-Sign
    Years
  • The shinies I like the most are:
    Spoiler:

Yes, I know.
    I like many shinies ^^

EDIT: Woohoo, post #250 :D

Last edited:
    Back