• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Shiny Pokemon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Umbreon

oooh ok thanks Kairi for telling me ^^.It sounds really hard to find them ^^;;

AzureFlygon

Master of all Shiny's!
    Years
  • Umbreon said:
    oooh ok thanks Kairi for telling me ^^.It sounds really hard to find them ^^;;

I've spent over seventy five hours now looking :tired: Belive me, it IS hard to find them.

I JUST WANT MY SHINY TRAPINCH!!!!!

BugaBog

People, they come and go!
    Years
    • Age 39
    • Seen Aug 6, 2007
    I have a:
    Shiny Swablu
    Shiny Seviper
    Shiny Marshtomp (ME LUV HIM!)
    and a Shiny Flygon

Soph

Chasing Arcanine with a spoon XD
    Years
  • how in the world did you all get so many? i want shiny marill more than anything i must have encountered thousands trying to find one but i STILL havent!

Wynaut

Unown Master
    Years
  • Soph said:
    how in the world did you all get so many? i want shiny marill more than anything i must have encountered thousands trying to find one but i STILL havent!

I was lucky on zigzagoon, I just got home from the elite 4 when i realized i didn't have fly with me so I walked to oldale and on the way was the zigzagoon shiny :) Then the latias, i saved and i kept trying till it was shiny... hard work

E. Master

Ho-oh Master
    Years
  • I have...
    2 shiny marills
    3 shiny azumarrills
    1 shiny arurill
    and a lot more.
    I traded for 2 of the azumrills I collect any shiny form of marill and feebas and other shiny pokemon.

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
  • please don't double post... you can edit your old post and ask the question.

currently there are no gurantee shiny pokemon given through E-cards. In fact there are no pokemon given through E-cards at the moment, only items, berries and new opponents.

i forgot the percentage of meeting a shiny pokemon now... but isn't it something close to 1/400 (0.25% roughly) or something? i'll go see if i can find the number again...

Mightyena37

Effort Master Trainer
    Years
  • frostweaver said:
    please don't double post... you can edit your old post and ask the question.

currently there are no gurantee shiny pokemon given through E-cards. In fact there are no pokemon given through E-cards at the moment, only items, berries and new opponents.

i forgot the percentage of meeting a shiny pokemon now... but isn't it something close to 1/400 (0.25% roughly) or something? i'll go see if i can find the number again...

Um, try one in 6125 if I remember exactly, but it's approximately 1/6000 in either case. I have over 150 hours in Ruby now and have still not encountered a single shiny Pokemon. Yet in 130 hours of playing Silver, I caught 5 (including the shiny Gyarados you get in every game). So whoever was saying the chances are better in R/S than in G/S/C I think is prolly a bit mistaken... At any rate, 1/400 is DEFINITELY not it, because I'd battled easily upwards of a few thousand Pokemon in my game and never encountered a Shiny yet.

However, none of this information on shiny Pokemon has been validated ANYWHERE to me so far. I just see people posting numbers, whatever probability they may think it is. I also see some people trying to make elaborate comments about it being tied to the randomness of gender, stats, IV (a mystical, magical, unproven number in itself), etc. But no one can quantify this or prove it's validity because none of them can cite clear and believable sources for their information. I believe the 1/6125 estimate because it sounds about right and about reasonable, not because anyone's proven it to me or has seemed like a more or less credible source.

I would still like to know the chances of seeing Mirage Island and the chances of getting a Shiny, and GameShark codes for both. ;) Of course, if it were easy to get Shiny Pokemon, they wouldn't be so special. So who knows... It's just a source of much frustration for many of us, and I assume it always will be.

Soph

Chasing Arcanine with a spoon XD
    Years
  • could some one give me tips on getting a shiny marill? im Dying to get a shiny marill!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pogiforce-14

EV/IV Trainer
    Years
  • I ran into my shiny looking for feebas. It was a tentacool. at first i thought my game had a glitch when sparkles came form him, cause at first I saw no difference. NOw I evolved him and I named him Shadow. Wanna know why? His red glubules on his head are black! That is so cool! :D also in response to what Mightyena37 said, in my crystal version I have a Pink Butterfree, a green eared Cleffa I got from the daycare lady, and my red gyarados. I was running into them all over th place!

AzureFlygon

Master of all Shiny's!
    Years
  • Pogiforce-14 said:
    I ran into my shiny looking for feebas. It was a tentacool. at first i thought my game had a glitch when sparkles came form him, cause at first I saw no difference. NOw I evolved him and I named him Shadow. Wanna know why? His red glubules on his head are black! That is so cool! :D also in response to what Mightyena37 said, in my crystal version I have a Pink Butterfree, a green eared Cleffa I got from the daycare lady, and my red gyarados. I was running into them all over th place!

I have a shiny tentacruel too! But he's in my gold game... It does seem that you find more shiny pokemon in the crystal game than in every other version, because I have seven that I found naturally in that one.

Oh, just for the record, having a Gameshark to get shinies DOES take the fun out of having them. I only use mine to get unobtainables now.

Still looking for my shiny trapinch...

AzureFlygon

Master of all Shiny's!
    Years
  • Dragonair said:
    Okay Something Cool Just Happend! I Got My Starter It Was Shiny Then I Went To Buy Pokeballs On My Way Back I Encontered A Shiny Pocheyenna! I cought It And Now I Have Two Shinys

Oh, wow! What was your starter?

Latios

Editor of the Johto Times newsletter
    Years
    • Seen May 1, 2024
    I have been playing ruby for almost 100 hours now, and i still havn't encountered a shiny pokemon :(

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back