• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Shiny Pokemon

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Pokemaster

General Grievous = badass
    Years
    it doesnt matter to me, shiny or none shiny, it is a pokemons skills and stats that make it great, i have no shiny pokemon (the charizard in my signature was the only sprite i could find at the time, he isnt actually shiny) but they are very powerful compared to most shiny pokemon ive seen my friends use, and can beat them easily, if i bump into a shiny then sure thing ill catch it, but i very much doubt id use it.

Years
    I caught a shiny Hariyama in Victory Road but I dont use it cause it is weaker in most stats from a normal Hariyama except it is slightly (I mean Like 1 or 2 more) stronger in Special Defence and Attack and it's ability is Thick fat.

Latios Master

11 Year PC Member
    Years
    I'm still not sure if I should train my shiny Oddish, the only shiny Pokemon that I've caught in a Pokemon game. :\ It's already been almost 4 months since I caught it. I want to evolve it, but I want all it's forms as being shiny, but the duplication code isn't in r/s. Should I raise it? And with what form and attacks?

Btw, right now I'm searching for a 2nd shiny Pokemon with no luck, of course...

I have the worst luck with shiny Pokemon, but great luck with Pokerus. o_O

MidnightScott

Dark Trainer
    Years
    Ytnim said:
    I caught a shiny Hariyama in Victory Road but I dont use it cause it is weaker in most stats from a normal Hariyama except it is slightly (I mean Like 1 or 2 more) stronger in Special Defence and Attack and it's ability is Thick fat.

I encountered one before in Victory Road too, but I don't see what's so special about it. I have all the codes to Catch Any Pok?mon in R/S for GameShark SP. I don't have any shiny codes though. I have the pics for all the shinys on a Word Document. I like Shiny's & all but they don't look as good as the Shiny's in G/S/C versions.

-Scott-

Years
    • Seen May 20, 2014
    Well, in my FIRST PKM Sapphire file, I had a Shiny Aron, and Claydoll. On my current file I just have a shiny Golbat.

OffRoadSP

Still working on Sun & Moon...
    Years
    FINALLY!!!

After 236 hours of logged game time, I've finally encountered and captured a shiny pokemon!

I was just surfing through Route 124 when I noticed my Staryu only needed about 200XP to go up a level. So I just tossed in my Super Rod to fish up a battle, and lo and behold, a light blue Wailmer made its shiny appearance!! I used Staryu's Swift attack to weaken it about halfway, used up two regular pokeballs with no success, then lobbed a Net Ball, which successfully caught the level 35 Wailmer. Wailmer has decent stats and they have excellent HP, so I'm going to train it to be my main Pokemon in tournament battle. Just in time for Pokemon Colosseum, too!!

I am SO thrilled I finally caught one!

Latios Master

11 Year PC Member
    Years
    I've come across thousands of regular Pokemon since my one and only shiny Oddish I caught without any luck for finding another. It's really hopeless though because I never find a shiny Pokemon when I'm looking for them. I caught my shiny Oddish when I wasn't looking for a shiny Pokemon. Too bad I can't get more. I want a better one like Latios, Absol, or Flygon. Should I raise and evolve my shiny Oddish and train it and have it on my team?

Years
    • Seen Mar 27, 2004
    I have a few Shiny Pokemon.
    A purple Sharpedo
    A green Salamence
    A yellow-eyed Claydol
    A Flygon with blue segments on its body
    A funny coloured Milotic. Hard to describe...
    And a Golden Magikarp.

Altaria Tamer

Altaria Master
    Years
    I Have Three Shinys all Of Which Are Birds

Altaria:Found This Guy When I Was Searching For Seviper He Was A Swlabu Back Then

Discription: All Gold!

Skarmory: Found When i Was Looking For Skarmory But I Got A Shiny One Instead!(Not Complaints)

Discription:Under Side Of wings(Or Feathers Or In Skarmory's Case Blades) Is Green Instead Of Red

Wingull: Found In The Very Beginning While Looking For A Female Poocheyena

Discription:Strip On Wing Which Is Normally Blue is Green

Latios Master

11 Year PC Member
    Years
    Well, now I have 9 shiny Zigzagoons and 1 shiny Linoone besides my shiny Oddish thanks to the GameStop promotion. :P

SilverNinetales

SilverNinetales
    Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2004
    I've never seen any shiny pokemon on R/S, but I don't really care. Oh, and will someone please tell me how to not be member anymore and have my nickname erased?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back