• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Shiny Pokemon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Makoto

Years
  • MUSt....HAVE......SHINIES.........

i'm gonna restart my ruby until I get shiny :18:, see :os:, :latias:, rayquaza, groudon, and the regis and with my infinite masterball code I'll catch 'em all!

SKainuiG

Nomel Holds a Numel Berry
    Years
  • CaptianSparky said:
    i am a newb but i have a kick *** team..... And this may sound dumb.....

WHAT IS A SHINY POKEMON AND HOW DO U GET IT?
    A shiny pokemon is a pokemon that is a different color than it's specie would normally be. It's just an easter egg though, it doesn't do anything except look cool. The only way to get them is to find them in the wild by chance. The only way you could actually find a shiny pokemon was the Red Gyrados in the Lake of Rage in GSC. It's all luck. There's no way to increase your luck of finding one, and your chances are extrememly slim. Good luck on finding one though.

Years
    • Seen Aug 4, 2015
    FR/LG master said:
    i'm gonna restart my ruby until I get shiny :18:, see :os:, :latias:, rayquaza, groudon, and the regis and with my infinite masterball code I'll catch 'em all!

You know...the chances of that is very slim and you'll spend a lot of time doing it. That chances are like one to over sixty thousand. That infinite masterball code isn't going to help you in finding them.

Hawk0083

The Hawk
    Years
  • DragonTrainer said:
    Shiny shuppet is cool.I wish I had a shiny aggron.

i caught a aron and evolved in the pokemon league
    here he is

Shiny Pokemon

GlockStopper

why cant i kill pokemon
    Years
  • ur agron is ugly its better of normal color u should release it :dead: :dead: :dead: :dead: :dead: :dead: :dead: :dead: :dead:

p.s do u think i should replace my not shiny scizor with a shiny scizor? heres a pic of both of them
    Shiny Pokemon
    Shiny Pokemon
    Shiny Pokemon
    Shiny Pokemon

shinyditto

Dittologist
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Nov 16, 2004
    Ive got a shiny Pelipper, shiny Steelix, shiny Ditto, shiny charizard, shiny mewtwo, and shiny scizor. Note: I used toe always shiny code for AR.

zsun_44

Just a member
    Years
  • believe it or not, i got 16 legitimate shinies on ruby.
    i forgot many of them, but latios, groudon, and rayquaza were 3 of them

Years
  • in ruby i caught a shiny Golbat,
    then after a while i got bored of ruby cause id done all i could in it, so i restarted the game....i shouldve waited till i got sapphire then traded it
    i didnt know a green and purple golbat was rare...wish i did

Spiro

Dark Dragon Master
    Years
    • Age 40
    • Seen Jun 13, 2014
    I HAVE A SHINEY PIDGEY CAUGHT HIM IN THE WILD ..AND I FOUND A SHINEY MACHOP...BUT i FAINTED IT

Tesla7zap

Barbeque anyone?
    Years
  • I have caught a shiny Dr Oak once :D

Nah seriosly, i didnt know there were shiny pokemon in ruby and sapphire... Theyre stats are better than usual, arent they..?

Is it like in Pokemon gold, that when you meet a shiny pokemon (i just met red gyarados), the pokemon "glows up" a bit and have a special symbol beside theyre name?

Prylace

Mamoru's Stunt Double
    Years
  • I just found out today Ruby/Sapphire has shiny Pokemon, and it was a total surprise.

My playtime is almost 200 hours and before today I had never encountered a shiny Pokemon. Then suddenly, bam I run across a shiny Hariyama. Lucky me it doesn't use Whirlwind and I catch it.

I have no idea how shiny Pokemon in Ruby/Sapphire work, but I remember very well that in Gold/Silver shiny Pokemon would have higher offensive stats, and lower defensive stats than the non-shiny version of the same Pokemon.

I used to fanatically use a Gameshark with my Silver/Gold and catch nothing but shiny Pokemon all the time.. and I am positive the shiny versions of Pokemon have higher attack stats and weaker defence stats than the normal versions of Pokemon.

It may or may not be the same in Ruby/Sapphire, I don't know at this point. Ever since my dog ate my Gameshark for my Gameboy Color I haven't bothered to buy a Gameshark for my Gameboy Advance SP.

Hmmm... guess I'll have to start Ruby all over again and use the "save the game then encounter a legendary Pokemon over and over and over again until it randomly spawns as a shiny version of itself" trick.

Toothache

Deepsea Toothache
    Years
  • I found out recently that - after hacking the game, not personally but from people who do - shiny Pokemon have a minimum score of 10 IV in each of their 6 stats. So, they'll have a stat range between 10-31 instead of 0-31. Makes them slightly above average in terms of stats.

Can't remember where I found this out, I think it was somewhere on GameFAQs.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back