• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Spoilers] Shipping Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 13, 2019
May & Drew like each other ! But Most Advanceshipper doesn't want to accept it .

Spoiler:

They most certainly do not! And I'm an ex-Advanceshipper! Contestshipping is nothing more than a dark, dusty corner of the Pokemon fanfic reservoir now.

Then again, I kinda think that of all shippings I don't like. Like Cafemocha, for which I wrote an anti fic once.

Well then, on alpha's concern, the hot thing right is Serena likes Ash but Ash is still flat and oblivious. And there's Bonnie being Clemont's personal date ad, but that's obviously a replacement gag meant to invert poor old Brock. (That is, instead of a flirt being pulled away we have an innocent who'll eventually be forced into an arranged marriage by her six-year old sister.)

These situations really beg to be inverted though. Ash should start crushing on some other girl and get Serena crazy jealous, and Clemont should actually end up liking a girl that Bonnie hates. This should happen on the same episode so that Serena and Bonnie form a pact to get their boys back.

Or maybe I should write a one-shot with that premise. That'd be cool too.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
lmao I see more Contest endgame than anything else besides Poké tbh

maaan that cafemocha vs negai. and what came out on top? wishful...
also one of my fav things about BW is that almost everyone ended up casualshipping the main trio all together~

I still think Bonnie just wants Clemont to have a wife because she wants a big sister or she's realized she's totes into women and is kind of a roundabout way of getting herself associated with some. Either way I think she might start to drop the wife thing more as she gets friendlier with Serena. As for Serena... she's not even relevant man Clemont getting more of dat Ash than she is. :D

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
Years
They most certainly do not! And I'm an ex-Advanceshipper! Contestshipping is nothing more than a dark, dusty corner of the Pokemon fanfic reservoir now.
I used to be an AdvanceShipper, and in a way I still am, but not really. When I was involved in the shipping fandom and a lot of the more prominent authors and artists as well as a few regulars for the AdvanceShipping Nation on BMGf branched off into their own forum, I started to discover that they really weren't better than their "rivals" by any stretch. I had a lot of personal investment with them (both socially and financially) to which they seemed not to understand, and in the end they were just as cliquey and judgemental and intolerant and ignorant as the PokéShippers or the ContestShippers or any other shippings for that matter.

Now I just kind of stick to myself, and I love AdvanceShipping at its core. The social drama is just way too much for what it's worth, so I removed myself completely from it. Who cares?

Minuteman III

More Boosters!
Years
maaan that cafemocha vs negai. and what came out on top? wishful...
Are you implying that Iris and Dent aren't willing to share? Because I'm pretty sure they would.
I suppose it's too late now, though. Serena always eliminates her competition. ALWAYS.

Now I just kind of stick to myself, and I love AdvanceShipping at its core. The social drama is just way too much for what it's worth, so I removed myself completely from it. Who cares?
Understandable, considering the minefields that still exist from the Shipping Wars.
Spoiler:

Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
Do You know Green from PokeSpe-

I looked for RedXGreen Doujin but all I find is BlueXGreen . I honestly don't get it , Why even Green have feeling for Blue ? Its more sensible for her to have feeling for Red Since he saved her multiple time even after being back-stabbed by her. She should have really strong feeling for Red.

Anyway Why I'm talking about this ?
Well , I was wondering what if A girl like Green (Pokespe) appear in Anime as Ash's childhood friend ''Leaf''.
Imagine ,The gang meet an popular idol named Leaf who appear to be a perfect refine lady with Beauty & Grace .
Everybody admire her for her cheerful personality , Astounding Beauty and talent accept Ash who happen to be Terrified for her.
It turn out Leaf is actually Sly , Cunning , Manipulating girl and a first grade Sadist who use to bully Ash to the point that he become traumatize of her.
She always hide her real personality and feeling for other. Ash is one of few unfortunate People who know her real personality .
She tell the group about all Ash's embarrassing childhood memory.
When She saw Bonnie asking a random girl to be her Sister-in-law , She jokily say that Ash promised to marry her .
She good at seducing & Manipulate other by using her charm.
She always finds a new way to mess with Ash but she claim she does it because she loves Ash.
She also happen to know more about Ash then anyone and trust him that most.
She has a Venasaur and Milotic .
When the last time We had a sly girl who act cutesy and get the MC in trouble.

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
Years
Do You know Green from PokeSpe-

I looked for RedXGreen Doujin but all I find is BlueXGreen . I honestly don't get it , Why even Green have feeling for Blue ? Its more sensible for her to have feeling for Red Since he saved her multiple time even after being back-stabbed by her. She should have really strong feeling for Red.

Anyway Why I'm talking about this ?
Well , I was wondering what if A girl like Green (Pokespe) appear in Anime as Ash's childhood friend ''Leaf''.
Imagine ,The gang meet an popular idol named Leaf who appear to be a perfect refine lady with Beauty & Grace .
Everybody admire her for her cheerful personality , Astounding Beauty and talent accept Ash who happen to be Terrified for her.
It turn out Leaf is actually Sly , Cunning , Manipulating girl and a first grade Sadist who use to bully Ash to the point that he become traumatize of her.
She always hide her real personality and feeling for other. Ash is one of few unfortunate People who know her real personality .
She tell the group about all Ash's embarrassing childhood memory.
When She saw Bonnie asking a random girl to be her Sister-in-law , She jokily say that Ash promised to marry her .
She good at seducing & Manipulate other by using her charm.
She always finds a new way to mess with Ash but she claim she does it because she loves Ash.
She also happen to know more about Ash then anyone and trust him that most.
She has a Venasaur and Milotic .
When the last time We had a sly girl who act cutesy and get the MC in trouble.
I'd really prefer the sort of manipulative and sly stuff to be confined to the two's childhood, and see them in a much more mature and loving relationship as teenagers and adults. As for the whole anime adaptation, I'm not a fan, sadly. LuckyShipping is my manga OTP, with AdvanceShipping being my anime OTP. :P

Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
A new Amourshippy pic has been release
Spoiler:

I think it from some Anime Magazine promoting the movie .

I hoping to see Shauna doing something like this to Ash & Serena during Summer Camp-

6f5d1a657bbc66c93853a485daef79b7122.jpg

I'd really prefer the sort of manipulative and sly stuff to be confined to the two's childhood, and see them in a much more mature and loving relationship as teenagers and adults. As for the whole anime adaptation, I'm not a fan, sadly. LuckyShipping is my manga OTP, with AdvanceShipping being my anime OTP. :P

You want ''Mature Romance'' in Kids Anime ????
Those type romance won't work on Kids Anime unless its a Shoujo for Kid.
But Pokemon is mainly Shoene for Kids .
In here , Most important thing is to have Dynamic relationship.
That by Original trio is still better because they had a Dynamic relation compare to all other trio.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Nov 23, 2014
As a love interest I think Misty was much better than Serena. But that's what I think.

Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
A Question-

Was Ash ever pair up with a girl who's complete opposite of him ???

FYI : I meant Opposite , not different !
For example , May might be different then Ash but isn't his opposite.
She somewhat like Ash when it come to caring , loving , Battling ,Behaving etc.
But A girl with opposite personality of Ash would be a Hardcore Realist , cold , Insensitive , Intelligent , Cruel and loner .
Basically A girl that represent children's who parent happen to be Divorced which somewhat affected their personality.
We can also call her ''A female version of Paul''.

Mega Venusaur

Muncher
Years
I think that Serena is a better match for Ash. Misty was always moaning at Ash and acting like his mother. However, some people do think that people who hate each other soon develop a stronger relationship, but seeing as this is Pokémon, I doubt anything serious will actually occur within the anime.

Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
Currently , Serena need 3 thing-

-1) Reason

-2) Status

-3) Intimacy

Here I explain -

--1) Reason : Why would Ash fall for Serena ??? After all , He travel & met so many girl.
Is it because she helped Ash ? Nope , Because Misty & Dawn helped & Motivate Ash more then any other girl.
Is it because they are close ? No way ! Misty , Dawn & Angie were way closer to Ash.
Is it because they are childhood friend ? No , Ash met her once & forgot about her.
It it Because Ash is impressed with Serena's inner strength & Growth ? Oh please , Serena can never match because May was in was worst state then Serena and she rise from there .
Is it because Ash is attracted to Serena Look & Body ? Ash already seen May ,Dawn & Other cute girl but he was only attracted to Giselle.
So Serena need to create reason for Ash to fall in love with her

--2)Status: What Serena's status ? Nothing ,she's normal girl But she need to gain a status .
For example , Korrina seem much more cooler choice then Serena , Why ?
Because Korrina not only cute , she also The Gym-leader of Shalure city Which gave her a higher status then Serena.
Status could be a many thing ! It doesn't mean Serena has to a Powerful Battler.
For example The Doreamon's heroin Shizuka is the School Idol and Protagonist crush which gave her high status.
Imagine , What If Serena was winner of a Beauty pageant who also a Rhyhorn racing champion & Sky battle champion which made her a preteen idol in Kalo before traveling with Ash.
That would gave her a high status .
But Serena look like Ash's slave who's completely dependent on him ! Thats a Disadvantage.
Currently , The only thing the Anime did right with her is Making her cutter.
HOWEVER THERE NO POINT OF CUTENESS IF NOBODY ACKNOWLEDGE IT.
However , if the Anime currently want to focus on Serena's Beauty , Then The Anime Must showcase Serena ability to charm other boys ! In other word , Serena must attract multiple boys at once .

--3)Intimacy & Interaction :
This is the most important requirement ! Serena must process a excellent & Dynamic interaction with Ash.
Currently Her interaction with Ash is too boring & blend. All good couple has dynamic interaction with one another.
Serena should had an advantage as a childhood friend. Since she already knew Ash , She could easily get intimate with Ash.
She could easily mock Ash & point out his flaw , She could scold him when he does dangerous & reckless thing .
But Serena act so much like Fangirl that it took away all her advantage as a childhood friend.
Serena isn't the only Anime childhood friend in Love ! So She should her shyness toward Ash and stop see him like an idol. Instate she should treat Ash normally and act sassy if she has to ! Just like she act toward her mother.

Last edited:

Sir Codin

As a love interest I think Misty was much better than Serena. But that's what I think.
I have to disagree with that because all I can remember about Misty was her treating Ash like complete crap and generally insulting him.

In retrospect, Misty really wasn't that great of a character (Iris is still worse). At least Serena doesn't make me want to yell at the screen.

Spinor

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 13, 2019
A new Amourshippy pic has been release
Spoiler:

It almost looks like Ash is grabbing her... nonexistent rump. Look at their sitting distances, the space between their heads, and their shadows. Or maybe I am just both too analytical and too dirty a mind.

Now, I always got the impression that Misty was too old for Ash. Rewatching Kanto, it's like watching a teen take care of someone younger. All that was missing was big purple hair, dragons and "You're such a kid."

With Ash's flatness as a character, it's hard to gauge what type of girl is "ideal" for Ash. For all we know, Famon's three points concerning Serena are instead why Amourshipping is the OTP.

Years
  • Seen Sep 29, 2023
This late in the pokemon anime I'm surprised people still think any Ash ship will go anywhere. Amourshipping is a ratings ploy, since Serena has no goal in the anime like Contests, the writers don't have anything else to do with her. Come the end of the gen she'll leave like the other girls and her crush will be dropped the same way Misty's was when Johto ended a decade ago.

The writers only put in shipping hints because they're fun and entertaining, but they don't intend to actually follow through with them.

Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Jan 3, 2018
This late in the pokemon anime I'm surprised people still think any Ash ship will go anywhere. Amourshipping is a ratings ploy, since Serena has no goal in the anime like Contests, the writers don't have anything else to do with her. Come the end of the gen she'll leave like the other girls and her crush will be dropped the same way Misty's was when Johto ended a decade ago.

The writers only put in shipping hints because they're fun and entertaining, but they don't intend to actually follow through with them.

Actually Misty crush was never tehnically dropped. While hints were ambiguous, going by episodes "Date with Delcatty" from chronicles when character flat out denied to go on date with Georgio because ill cite "there is someone else"(referring to dialogue from original version, dub was doing pretty bad job with chronicles altering too much scenes and dialogue for whatever reason). Or people interpretation of Misty deciding to do surprise visit at Pallet town to greet Ash after Hoenn winking at him in episodes followed by sending special lure as gift is annotated by many as sign of still liking Ash.

Granted writers werent direct with it(well aside from Georgio hint anyway) because i imagine they didn't wanted to give message of something more than expected was going to happen. Presumably because they werent sure themselves if Misty will ever come back again in case staff decide to do more with character, hence explaining why her water master goal, unresolved issues and story was left uncleared and unfinished too regarding whole gym situation, incompetent sisters and future plans.

But there were hints even after Johto.

Speaking of Serena im not sure why are writers keeping her underutilized that much, pushing only alleged crush of hers on main character. Especially when you dont need to be dependant on game quests to receive goal, catch more pookemon and be of more importance to plot(like Iris, Misty, Cilan, Clemont etc).

However her feelings for Ash wouldn't have to be necessarily dropped or erased once her time for departure comes on timetable. More certain than not. Writers could always take direction with character in which her affection and overly obsessive nature pointed toward Ash would stay coming to realization how he is too much emotionaly involved with pokemon master career,training pokemon and exploring world to focus or develop understanding for more refine things in life.

Deciding to wait until he grows up and becomes more aware of things such as romance and feelings.

Something Misty probably did based on hints after departure not getting truly over it, but making amends with Ash being too clueless and focused on pokemon to notice anything else for now.

It wouldn't be most satisfying resolution in world, in fact it wouldn't even be resolution given how in that case whole subplot would remain undefined and open.

But it would at least be comforting to those who support Ash and Serena pairing in sense of whole build up and creation of hints not being done for nothing and how maybe in future, whether it will ever anything come out of it on screen or of it, there would exist room for change and do follow up on more clearer level.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
Current I'm wondering how Serena will achieve ''Reason'' , ''Status'' and ''Intimacy''

-Achieving ''Reason'' would be hard since Ash met many girl who took all possible reason in an Anime.
Serena has to find a unique ''Reason'' for Ash to fall in Love with her .

-Gaining ''Status'' would be easier .
All Serena need is other Boys drooling over her Beauty and an Achievement that far greater then other girls.
Making Boys drool over her should be easier .
Nobody can resist this-

tumblr_n8pudp8Xl61r2iinvo1_500.png

And Contest might make a comeback to promote new Contest style in ORAS and Serena might become Co-ordinator So She has to be better and more popular then Dawn & May.

-Gaining Intimacy require Serena to throw away her fan-girling attitude toward Ash and treat him more like Normal person.
I think Serena should point Ash legit flaw and scold him when he act irresponsibly and recklessly.
Serena isn't Shoujo heroin and Pokemon isn't a Shoujo Anime . Her current state is suitable for Mature Shoujo Anime , Not Kids Anime like Pokemon.

This are my theory .

KorpiklaaniVodka

KID BUU PAWAA
Years
If you ask me, Ash won't get anyone at the end of the series if he doesn't grow up, and I doubt those incompetent jerks who work at TV Tokyo and ShoPro would actually listen to their fans and make Ash grow up. As it is right now, the show is about training, bonding and friendship with Pokemon. Let's admit couples between 10 year olds are a rarity. Not to mention this show regained its ratings with XY and we know the writers care about their $$$ and nothing else. So I doubt this show would end anytime soon. Hell, maybe the Pokemon series will stop when the human race disappears or something.

Writing this as an AmourShipper.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
Serena's Shoujo Heroin personality scare me !
Because Shoujo heroin like Serena does have a crush on a Kind Guy but later they pick somebody else who often piss them off.
So Writers might introduce another Drew who will steal Serena from Ash.
Because that the level of Writers creativity .
They do the most stupid thing unimaginable in order to be ''Unpredictable'' .
Such as--

--Making Ash inferior to a complete Rookie like Trip because nobody would believe Ash to straggle against a complete rookie.

--Making Ash lose the Unova League to Idiot Camonon on a 6vs5 battle. Because we all knew and ready for Ash defeat in Unova League But we didn't expect him to lose this badly.

That how Pokemon Anime writer head work.
So Pokemon Writer logic would be :Since Nobody expect Serena to dump Ash and pick someone else in future despite her canonize feeling toward Ash , We will create a New character who will steal Serena from Ash in a Shoujo mannar .
Its not impossible ! Rather its happen to be one of the most used Shoujo plot.
The girl start with a major crush toward a Kind guy that once saved her and then she meet another jerkish Guy who likes to pick on her.
Later , She start to get over her crush and end up the Jerkish guy.

Spinor

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 13, 2019
Serena's Shoujo Heroin personality scare me !
Because Shoujo heroin like Serena does have a crush on a Kind Guy but later they pick somebody else who often piss them off.
So Writers might introduce another Drew who will steal Serena from Ash.
Because that the level of Writers creativity .
They do the most stupid thing unimaginable in order to be ''Unpredictable'' .
Such as--

--Making Ash inferior to a complete Rookie like Trip because nobody would believe Ash to straggle against a complete rookie.

--Making Ash lose the Unova League to Idiot Camonon on a 6vs5 battle. Because we all knew and ready for Ash defeat in Unova League But we didn't expect him to lose this badly.

That how Pokemon Anime writer head work.
So Pokemon Writer logic would be :Since Nobody expect Serena to dump Ash and pick someone else in future despite her canonize feeling toward Ash , We will create a New character who will steal Serena from Ash in a Shoujo mannar .
Its not impossible ! Rather its happen to be one of the most used Shoujo plot.
The girl start with a major crush toward a Kind guy that once saved her and then she meet another jerkish Guy who likes to pick on her.
Later , She start to get over her crush and end up the Jerkish guy.

That twist sounds so horrible I think it's actually plausible.

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jul 30, 2014
Yep. I'm an AdvanceShipper, and even if I weren't, I would not be a ContestShipper! (I'd be a HoennShipper)

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back