• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Spoilers] Shipping Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    Serena is Lucky that Misty is Forgotten !
    Or else , She wouldn't have a single chance against her ! The only thing Serena has better then Misty is ''Cuteness'' .
    But If the Anime Redesign Misty to make her cutter then Serena and have her reappear again then Serena & Amourshipping is finished .
    Anyway , I found this-
    Spoiler:

See , How Misty Pinch Ash/Red's cheek ! This is one of the reason she is So Well-liked.
    Because she do this type of thing rather then Making a stupid face while shouting ''Such a Kid , Such a Kid'!

Link : http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=manga&illust_id=42372229

Last edited:

Lizardo

Public Enemy
    Years
    • Seen Aug 18, 2016
    Kasumi wouldn't have any more of a "chance" than Serena does, since given both the nature of the anime franchise and Satoshi as a character neither of them realistically have any chance at all. It would also be horribly out of character for Satoshi to even think in terms of, "Serena's cuter but that's about all she has over Kasumi..." To him, they're both just friends that he values equally.

I don't understand this need for fans of Pocket Monsters anime pairings to compete with each other, especially fans of Satoshi's ships, since none of them will ever become canon. Satoshi will always be too oblivious and too committed to his Pokémon journey to pay attention to that kind of thing. His strongest relationship in the show is with Pikachu, not Kasumi, Serena, or anyone else. I personally don't see what's to be gained out of talking down one for the sole purpose of bolstering another. And for what it's worth, I prefer Amourshipping to Pokéshipping if only by a very slight margin (neither are my favorite pairings for Satoshi, Kasumi, or Serena). But I'm certainly not going to bash Pokéshipping or Kasumi over it.

In any case, having watched the raw version of the latest episode I have to admit that I like the idea of pairing off the Mirror versions of Satoshi and Serena, the Mirror Serena with the regular Satoshi, or the Mirror Satoshi with the regular Serena. I have no idea if any fans are considering any of those, but I think there's a lot of potential in them.

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    If Hypothetically Dawn reveal to have feeling for Ash then who will be a better match for Ash ? Serena Or Dawn ?
    My Answer would be : Dawn.
    Because she took only 4 or 5 episode to be intimate with Ash ! Also She & Ash was like Partner helping each other to achieve each other goal.
    While , Serena haven't able to get intimate with Ash even though she is his childhood friend .
    There are a lot of childhood friend in Kids Anime that Loves the Protagonist and Marries him in future.
    But They doesn't act like the Protagonist's Fangirl like Serena.

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    Wow, Contestshipping seems to be a dirty word here. I won't tell anyone it's my favourite Pokemon shipping then.

I don't really think alternate Serena and normal Ash were that great together. Ash for the most part seemed oblivious to alternate Serena's meanness towards him, haha. And Serena seems like the sort who just wants someone to save her from everything, so alternate Ash wouldn't really work for her, I think.

Lizardo

Public Enemy
    Years
    • Seen Aug 18, 2016
    At least Contestshipping still has a big following in general. My two favorite ships have long been forgotten, since people apparently seem to think Satoshi can only be paired with his female traveling partners (the ones that are his age, anyway). :p

Most of my interest in the mirror Satoshi-Serena pairings admittedly has to do with what could be rather than what actually was. There are some interesting possible scenarios and interactions to toy with: how would the mirror Serena deal with the regular, frustratingly oblivious and dense Satoshi if she had a crush on him? Would she, a more determined and aggressive Serena, actually pursue it further than the regular one does? How would the mirror Satoshi deal with a kinder and gentler Serena? Things like that could make for some interesting fanfics and fanart.

My favorite of the three possible pairings would be the mirror Satoshi and mirror Serena, mostly because I like that kind of dynamic in general, but partly because I'm genuinely curious to know what would possibly bring the two of them to become friends and travel together in the first place. I feel there's material for a really good shipping fic there.

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    I feel sorry that Dawn didn't get to Ash's charizard ! Serena has a good chance of seeing it .
    Anyway ,

I'm surprise to see Pearlshipping not being canon at ether side since when A Boy & Girl get too close as Ash & Dawn then One side surely falls.

That's Reality and even fiction follow it.
    Pretty much all girl that got too close to Ash ended up following for him.
    Ash & May wasn't very close ! They were more like Master & Student .
    Ash seem more like her older Brother then a partner .
    But Again , Ash acted more like an Adult during AG Series So I hated it.
    However , Ash & Dawn were too close ! Their closeness can reach the same level as Ran & Shinichi (Detective Conan).
    Sometime I actually thought Ash might having feeling for Dawn.

Years
  • Ash always has one female friend following him yet he never has feelings for any of them. What do you think about this little miss communication?

Last edited by a moderator:

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
  • This should go to Pokemon anime, though...

Well... if they give him GF, she would have to travel with Ash always so that would kill the change of girls promoting games so... that's not gonna happen.
    Plus, it's still series for little kids in USA, how would they explain GF? xD

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    Kids Anime doesn't have girlfriend .
    Its just have ''Implied Romance'' and straight to marriage.
    As for Confessing Dating & Kissing , Those part never happen in Kids Anime.
    The Anime skip them .
    For Example , In Doreamon Nobita has a huge crush on Shizuka and Shizuka implied to accept his feeling.
    But they weren't shown confessing & dating ! They gone straight to marriage .
    So The Best Pokemon can have is a implied romance between Ash & Another girl . He will not have a girlfriend but he will get a wife in distant future .

Thats why I believe Contestshipping to be a Canon ! Because it shown all prove of being a canon ! Adventureshipper does accept it because they haven't confessed But they will never confess in Anime ! May & Drew will just get married in Future .

Honestly I hate Contestshipping so much that I want Ash to have a better Romance then them ! I so wish Ash to become a ''Guardian Rival'' of a imature Tsundere girl.

However, I thought we only allowed to discuss other Anime/Manga here ! I never know we can discuss Pokemon Anime here as Well .

Years
    • Seen Jan 8, 2024
    I always think that Ash nearly got a girlfriend at the summer academy in season 12 I think it was. He saved her from going into the ghost cave and got on with her really well during his time there. I even saw another episode where her parents were talking to her saying if Ash was her boyfriend. I can't remember what her name was though as I watch it last year.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lizardo

Public Enemy
    Years
    • Seen Aug 18, 2016
    He's 10, that's why.

I will never understand people who think romance needs to be shoved into everything...
    As someone who admittedly loves shipping characters together I have to agree with this. I think romance in the anime franchise is fun enough in the small doses it already gets, and I don't see how anything would actually be improved by pushing it even further.

Satoshi's purpose isn't to fall in love with Kasumi or Hikari or whoever, it's to demonstrate the bond between trainer and Pokémon that's the core theme of the show. This is why his strongest relationship is with Pikachu. If anything, an actual romantic subplot for him would take away from this. I enjoy many of Satoshi's ships, and I enjoy discussing them, but I don't understand why some fans demand he "grow up" by getting a girlfriend (I won't even get into the fact that he's ten years old...). Of all the flaws he does have as a character, that's certainly not one. In fact, I would argue that his obliviousness can be one of his more entertaining character traits.

There are plenty of shows out there geared around romance. Pocket Monsters is not one of them.

KorpiklaaniVodka

KID BUU PAWAA
    Years
  • Thats why I believe Contestshipping to be a Canon ! Because it shown all prove of being a canon ! Adventureshipper does accept it because they haven't confessed But they will never confess in Anime ! May & Drew will just get married in Future .

Honestly I hate Contestshipping so much that I want Ash to have a better Romance then them ! I so wish Ash to become a ''Guardian Rival'' of a imature Tsundere girl.

Contestshipping won't happen. Movie 9 and the DP cameo pretty much screw up any idea of a MayxDrew pairing.
    But then again, I doubt any form of shipping is canon, at least as the anime is right now. To hell with the writers.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    Contestshipping won't happen. Movie 9 and the DP cameo pretty much screw up any idea of a MayxDrew pairing.
    But then again, I doubt any form of shipping is canon. To hell with the writers.

And What actually happened ?
    Bunch of Lvudish gone pass between them And May pray for Ash at the last scene like any friend would do.
    And Ash also shared a Broken Pokeball with Gary ! Does it prove Gary having Romantic feeling for Ash?
    Dude , Those doesn't prove anything.
    It doesn't matter What kind of moment 2 character have .
    Romance is more about how 2 character act and feel toward each other .
    And all Contestshipping hint is pointed toward May & Drew's relationship , Not some random moment.
    Like the Final ''Drew Episode'' ! May was acting so Shy & Nervous around Drew . It was like Writer putting a Banner saying ''Contestshipping Canon, Go home Advenceshipper''.
    AG135.jpg

How Do we forget this--
    AG357.jpg

KorpiklaaniVodka

KID BUU PAWAA
    Years
  • And What actually happened ?
    Bunch of Lvudish gone pass between them And May pray for Ash at the last scene like any friend would do.

I get what you're saying (I hope you mean Luvdisc), but if you look at its Sapphire or BW2 PokeDex entry, it says:

"It lives in warm seas. It is said that a couple finding this Pokémon will be blessed with eternal love. "

That does NOT mean, however, that AshxMay will happen. The other girls also had romantic moments like the one from Movie 9.
    May's DP cameo proves she pretty much friendzoned Drew, not that she has feelings towards Ash, at least in my eyes.

And Ash also shared a Broken Pokeball with Gary ! Does it prove Gary having Romantic feeling for Ash?
    Dude , Those doesn't prove anything.

I never mentioned AG191/192 (Sceptile vs Blaziken, then Ash and May sharing a broken ribbon).

It doesn't matter What kind of moment 2 character have .
    Romance is more about how 2 character act and feel toward each other .
    And all Contestshipping hint is pointed toward May & Drew's relationship , Not some random moment.
    Like the Final ''Drew Episode'' ! May was acting so Shy & Nervous around Drew . It was like Writer putting a Banner saying ''Contestshipping Canon, Go home Advenceshipper''.

If you ask me, May will either end up with Ash or alone (same goes for the other main girls). Drew is pretty much obsolete at this point, he didn't even appear in the last BW Japanese ending. They forgot about him, and I doubt they are gonna bring him back with ORAS. Also, I don't think these "writers" would consider shipping May with a secondary character. Yes, May did have feelings towards Drew at one point, but after Movie 9 they threw Contestshipping out of the window.

As the anime is right now, no shipping is gonna happen (with AmourShipping as the closest candidate). These characters are 10 and Pokemon is not about these kind of moments. The show is repetitive, Ash could be paired with 20 million girls at the end of the show. I support Amour/Pearl because I feel like Dawn and Serena (and MAYBE May) are the only girls to have a shot at getting Ash, but I really doubt these idiots would think about this.

In short: fanfiction exists if you want to see ContestShipping stories. It's almost clear it's not going to happen in the actual anime.

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    I get what you're saying (I hope you mean Luvdisc), but if you look at its Sapphire or BW2 PokeDex entry, it says:

"It lives in warm seas. It is said that a couple finding this Pokémon will be blessed with eternal love. "

That does NOT mean, however, that AshxMay will happen. The other girls also had romantic moments like the one from Movie 9.
    May's DP cameo proves she pretty much friendzoned Drew, not that she has feelings towards Ash, at least in my eyes.

If you ask me, May will either end up with Ash or alone (same goes for the other main girls). Drew is pretty much obsolete at this point, he didn't even appear in the last BW Japanese ending. They forgot about him, and I doubt they are gonna bring him back with ORAS. Also, I don't think these "writers" would consider shipping May with a secondary character. Yes, May did have feelings towards Drew at one point, but after Movie 9 they threw Contestshipping out of the window.

As the anime is right now, no shipping is gonna happen (with AmourShipping as the closest candidate). These characters are 10 and Pokemon is not about these kind of moments. The show is repetitive, Ash could be paired with 20 million girls at the end of the show. I support Amour/Pearl because I feel like Dawn and Serena (and MAYBE May) are the only girls to have a shot at getting Ash, but I really doubt these idiots would think about this.

In short: fanfiction exists if you want to see ContestShipping stories. It's almost clear it's not going to happen in the actual anime.

Seriously , May just mention about Drew being stronger and his pokemon evolving.
    It doesn't mean she friendzoned him.
    I mean , Do you Want her to say ''I and Drew are dating now But we will take the next step soon''
    I did said Kid Anime has Heroin & Wife But no Girlfriend or dating.
    Also May & Drew are like quarreling couple like Ranma & Akane (ranma 1/2) Or Miyu & Kanata (UFO Baby) . They aren't dating couple.
    Plus Drew not making an appearance prove nothing.
    None of the Referring Character made an appearance in new series accept the former cast .
    Drew wasn't mentioned because he has nothing to do with the Ash. He only significance is with May who has left the series .
    That Why his appearance where when May appeared in Sinnoh.
    Also Writer shown Contestshipping hint even after the Movie.
    The last Contestshipping took place at AG187 which aried August 10 , 2006 ! The movie premared at July 15 , 2006.

I never mentioned AG191/192 (Sceptile vs Blaziken, then Ash and May sharing a broken ribbon).

You mention DP and that Ribbon was the only Advenceshippy thing that happen there . However it could be just Admiration.
    Honestly Contestshipping is the right type of Romance for a Kids Anime like Pokemon. (Even though I hate it because of Drew). Its much better then the Shoujo Amourshipping plot writer trying now.
    Truth is , If Ash met a female rival he constantly fight But usually help her out like Drew then it will Suppress Amourshipping in no time.

Last edited:

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • hi yes dont usually agree with famon but like half of his points are totes legit. i want to point out that Max didn't even show up with May in DP? and he was actually a main character. Drew had a cameo along with Solidad and Harley and was shown to be watching May in the Wallace Cup. There would literally be no reason to show these characters unless they were intending to convey a continued connection with May. Like, remember who was shown? Those three and then May's three known family members. Obviously that group means something to her. Just because she went to Sinnoh by herself to compete doesn't mean she's ditched her friends or that they mean any less to her. It means she's grown up enough to pursue her own path and doesn't particularly need people to go with her. Also, May went back to Johto after the Wallace Cup, where she probs continued to on-and-off travel with Drew, Solidad, and Harley.

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    I wonder if Miette likes Ash ? If she does then why ?
    Most striking part of her if her eye .
    They are just so sharp yet big ! Its make her look somewhat attractive.

One Of the best thing about Pokemon , We can cheer for Any girl. Because technically Misty suppose to win as the ''First girl'' But she being gone for year which give other girls chance . Furthermore , Kids Anime only has implied canon So We can imagine Ash to be with anybody. Accept girls who already likes someone else like May.

In other word , We can cheer for Miette if we want to. We don't has support Serena as the main character.
    Serena isn't main character , She's just a temporary Cast Character .

Years
    • Seen Aug 23, 2014
    Shipping has always been an icky situation when it comes to Pokemon. Disregarding the fact that none will ever happen - I myself am partial to Pokeshipping and Amourshipping. I will also occasionally dabble into Pearlshipping, but I must be in the right mood or I just view Ash and Dawn as bros. Egoshipping also comes and goes in favor from time to time, but much less often than Pearl.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back