• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Spoilers] Shipping Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lizardo

Public Enemy
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 18, 2016
^ I agree that there's very little chance that the anime is going to set Satoshi up with anyone, let alone another guy. But it's also clear that Satoshi doesn't feel romantically for anyone, so I don't think it's any more wrong at this point to suggest that he likes Citron than it would be to state that he likes, say... Kasumi.

Their personalities and general interactions in the anime make for a lot of things for fanart and fanfiction to play around with: both are experienced Pokémon trainers who are good when it comes to battles, who generally enjoy each other's company, but have enough differences to where there could be dramatic or comedic potential (imagine a scenario where Citron tries to teach Satoshi how to cook Pokémon food or something :p).

Satoshi actually works pretty well with a lot of guys, and my favorite male character to ship with him is Shinji. It's the same "opposites attract" idea that's behind Ikarishipping, but IMHO better since Satoshi and Shinji have actually interacted and displayed a canon (albeit strictly platonic) interest in the other. That they're both rivals chasing the same goal adds to that, and creates a really heated, interesting dynamic.

As for HeatTagShipping, I like it but it's like Amourshipping in that I think it works best as a one-sided thing. It's just funnier when Kouhei is creeping Hikari out trying to impress her or something.

Years
  • Seen Sep 29, 2023
Next week is the date episode and the Ash/Serena ship is made pretty blatant. Serena tries to hold Ash's hand, she blushes at him, and Ash seems to give her a present at the end which surprises her. We've never seen the writers promote a ship this blatantly in the anime before, not even with Misty in the early days beyond Movie 2.

I don't know how the writers are going to handle this ship if Serena leaves at the end of XY. Seems like a waste

Sir Codin

Ash and Serena end up together at the end and we either get a time skip...

OR

They create someone new for the show to focus on from then on.

Or maybe both.

Lizardo

Public Enemy
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 18, 2016
If this actually lasts until the end of XY, I see it coming down to a point where Satoshi and Serena's goals require them to split up: Satoshi to go on to wherever the Gen. 7 region is, Serena to go elsewhere. Serena will be sad, but will eventually make the decision (perhaps with Satoshi's help, but I actually hope not) that her Pokémon journey means more to her and choose to follow that. Satoshi will forever remain oblivious to the fact that Serena likes him, but will make it clear that he treasures her as a friend.

This next episode looks all kinds of adorable, though.

Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
If this actually lasts until the end of XY, I see it coming down to a point where Satoshi and Serena's goals require them to split up: Satoshi to go on to wherever the Gen. 7 region is, Serena to go elsewhere. Serena will be sad, but will eventually make the decision (perhaps with Satoshi's help, but I actually hope not) that her Pokémon journey means more to her and choose to follow that. Satoshi will forever remain oblivious to the fact that Serena likes him, but will make it clear that he treasures her as a friend.

This next episode looks all kinds of adorable, though.

Considering The Boring Chemistry between Ash & Serena , I say Pokemon can still create a better heroin then her.
If Ash had a Tsundere personality then Serena would have been a good heroin without changing her personality.
But Ash treat Serena more Formerly then any other main girl.
I haven't found any Solid reason for Ash to fall for Serena over Misty , Angie or Dawn.

Suppose , A Tsundere Red head with Ponytail appear as Ash rival who always compete with him and get tease by him.
How do you feel about her ???

Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
Uh, no.

I hate Tsunderes.

Depend on What type of Tsundere your talking about !
Because there are different type of Tsundere ! And I'm not talking about those annoying loud mouth needy unreasonable Tsundere .
I'm talking about someone close to Georgia or Ursula ! A girl who's so focus on beating Ash that she had no idea when she fall for him .
There also another type of girl .
How about A Cunning , flirty and Mischievous Girl that often like to mess with Ash !!!
Someone like Green (PokeSpe) or Simca (Air Gear) .
A girl that make Ash act like a Tsundere !

Lizardo

Public Enemy
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 18, 2016
So... did anyone see XY059?

The subs aren't out yet and it was a dialogue-heavy episode, so I can't say I understood everything that happened. But from what I could tell, in terms of shipping it was exactly what I expected it to be, albeit lighter on the shipping moments than I expected or was hoping for. A few moments of Serena crushing on Satoshi, him not noticing but still managing to do something in the end that justifies her continuing interest in him. All in all, it was filler in every sense of the word. The Amourshipping status quo continues on.

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 13, 2019
Ah, the shipping in that episode was perhaps a little underwhelming. Oh well.

Goddamnit. Ash is so freaking dense; it was like watching a black hole form and suck all the romance from the universe.

Lizardo

Public Enemy
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 18, 2016
He is, but in this particular case it's more that Serena is just really good at hiding her feelings. Citron and Eureka haven't noticed either, and they're smarter than Satoshi is. In fact, the only character in the XY anime who ever picked up on anything was Millefuei. So it's really on Serena to say something, not on Satoshi to read her mind.

Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
Ah, the shipping in that episode was perhaps a little underwhelming. Oh well.

Goddamnit. Ash is so freaking dense; it was like watching a black hole form and suck all the romance from the universe.

Plot Twist : Pokemon end with revealing this girl as Ash wife--

Spoiler:

Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
The ''Date Episode'' didn't made it though Top ranking of Japanese Anime ! Probably because Kids has 0 interest in Mature type Romance and Dating.
Only 2 type of Romance works in Kids Anime---

----1) Hero with One-Side Crush : In this case , The Protagonist of this story has a major crush on a popular girl and does everything to impress her !
Romance like that doesn't need chemistry Or many shippy moment .
All this type of Romance need is that Protagonist's intense feeling for the girl .
Example : Nobita X Shizuka (Doreamon) , Keita X Fumi (Youkai Watch).

----2)Love & Hate Love-story : In this case , Both the Hero & Heroin has a major crush on each other but they refuge to admit and fight all the time.
Romance like this need The Hero & Heroin to be extremely close & intimate with each other .
The hero and heroin constantly fight with each other despite their feeling and has a dynamic chemistry .
Example : Shinichi X Conan (Detective Conan) , Ranma X Akane (Ranma1/2)

As you can see , Ash isn't the one crushing on Serena ! Instate its Serena that crushing on Ash.
So Kids doesn't feel that ''Challenge'' they felt watching Youkai Watch and Doreamon.
Also , Ash is super Nice to Serena while she is shy around him So Kids find their Chemistry extremely Boring .
Ya , Some Older Shoujo fans might find Ash & Serena pair Cute But not Kids ! Because Kids has different mindset .
Most Amourshipper claim that Ash treat Serena nicer then other main girl So Serena might be special to him But I say its total Bullshit ! The fact that Ash treat Serena extra nicely means he only see Serena as The New Girl , She not close to him as other main girls.

Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
I'm not smelling any aroma from Amourshipping even though Serena has similar personality as Shizuka (Doreamon). Probably cause she's the one with a crush.
I'm pretty sure all of us already had a first crush! So Doreamon use the feeling we feft during our 1st crush of attract Kids. Our intense urge to impress our crush.
That why Nobita X Shizuka work out Because the Main character Nobita was a loser with no chance of scoring a cute girl like Shizuka .
Not to mention Shizuka's closeness with the popular guy Daisugi , it gave Nobita less chance ! I mean who would chose a loser like Nobita over a Child prodigy like Daisugi.
It gave the Series A sense of ''Challenge'' that attract Kids to watch the show

However in Pokemon , Serena is one with a Crush and she isn't the main character , Ash is.
And Ash is total dense when it come to love So it impossible for him to have crush. He's not a great catch ether.
So , It doesn't create ''The Sense of Challenge'' ! Because it need Kids to feel The ''Urge to impress'' the heroin But Serena was already impressed with Ash.
Also , Ash & Serena's chemistry is not really fit for Kid Anime like Pokemon. It would have work out on Mature Anime.
Like it or not , 75% of Pokemon's main audience are Kids.
In Writer want to use Romance as a subplot to attract Kids , Then they has to create a Girl to make Kids feel ''The urge to Impress A girl'' during their 1st crush.
The only person that able to that (at least to Me) was Giselle. Because She was the popular girl and Ash was totally fawning over her.

That Why , Amourshipping isn't helping to boost XY series rating!

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen May 7, 2015
I'm an old fan, I use to watch all the time up until about half way through Johto then just stopped, recently picked it back up at the beginning of XandY. Ive gone over the past season but not in depth and I'd say that Pokeshipping to me is the most logical, but amourshipping...if that's how you spell it, when ash is with serina, is a close 2nd. Also does anybody know what the episode was suppose to be at the end of season 1 where it shows Misty with a kid and possibly ash's mom since originally they didn't think that pokemon anime would be very popular? thanks for the help with my question.

Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
Here is the trait for the most perfect Heroin/Girl for Ash--

---May's Look

---Snivy's Personality

--- Aria's Status

---Angie's Competitiveness

---Misty's Dynamic chemistry with Ash

Together , This traits create the most perfect girl for Ash.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 24, 2015
Lol stop complaining about who is suitable with ash and watch the damn show. ( though Im more of an AmourShipper lol). But Im currently rewatching the whole damn series since i stopped watching it after the Johto saga cause i was busy with school and shit lol. Sads me to say this but ash and serena will go on seperate journeys (I really ship them alot lel) and the usual trend that goes that serena will reappear in a 7th generation of pokemon for a short while and bye bye. unless she can be like Misty who followed ash through 2 regions (Orange Islands is not counted) . And Ash only has one goal in mind : which is to be a pokemon master and not get a gf and bang them all day all night in front of pikachu (LOL) .So yeah goodbye and have a nice day lol. :P

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Apr 4, 2015
First off, if you don't know what Armourshipping is, it is referring to the latest Pokémon Anime series X and Y, and the belief that Ash and Serena should be involved in a romantic relationship. You may already be thinking that I'm just some kid who doesn't know anything about the Pokémon Anime series and that it's unjust for me to have an opinion on such matters, but this is not the case. As far as I can remember, the Pokémon anime series was the only thing other than Star Wars and Thomas the Tank Engine that my parents would let me watch on TV, at least until I was around 10 or 11. I also remember watching parts of the Pokémon Chronicles and Pokémon Indigo League when I was around 5 years old. It's what got me into Pokémon in the first place. Now that we are in Pokémon X and Y, Ash has visited so many regions and caught so many Pokémon, but in no way do I think it's time for him to stop. He still hasn't become a Pokémon Master and he still has many adventures ahead of him, but he has never once had a long-term partner to do it with him. Never before has a girl been a long-term character in the series either, it has always been Ash, just Ash, and now is the perfect opportunity to change that. Serena and Ash both already show multiple signs of attraction towards one another in this series, and as a fan, I want Serena to be the one to fulfill that role. As a fan, not only do I want to see Serena and Ash in a boyfriend/girlfriend relationship, but I also want them to be partners and to travel with each other in all of the series that follow this one.
Serena and Ash met when they were little and are approximately the same age, which creates a perfect excuse to make her a long-term character alongside Ash as his girlfriend. Also, Serena has shown her attraction to Ash since the very beginning of her debut, along with a good sense of care and understanding for him, which has never been seen before. Her crush on Ash has also been confirmed by the creators of the series as well. However, this is no ordinary crush. Serena has stated before that her dream is "to be Ash's bride"! There's even official Pokémon merchandise that confirms Serena's crush on Ash as well. While other girls in the anime have had crushes on Ash before, it has never been as definitive or persistent as Serena's. Not only has Serena showed her affection for Ash, but Ash has shown his affection for her. While neither of them have talked about it directly with each other yet, it is clear that the thought is dancing around in both of their heads. An example of Ash showing his affection for Serena is when he gives her (not Bonnie or Clemont) a gift during the Pokémon celebration. Another example is when Serena changes her look and cuts her hair. Neither Bonnie nor Clemont like her new look, and Ash is the only one to have a positive response, saying that he actually liked her new style and short hair. This is extremely significant, and I think the creators of the series are pushing for this relationship as well. Nothing else in Pokémon has ever spawned such a reaction from the fans before, and with it also coming directly from the writers themselves, it really makes this particular relationship stand out from the rest. While I don't know what they have planned for it yet, I still think it is a very good idea, and one that should definitely be considered for cannon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back