• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Shipwrecked [PG-16] [OoC]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mika

もえじゃないも
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2013

Shipwrecked

The OoC Thread

Yup~ This is the OOC Thread for all of your spamming desires. :3 Chat with eachother, ask me questions, and develop plot bunnies~ It'll be fun I swear. n.n This is also where you should post absences and all that jazz. Have fun with this, make some friends. :3

The Plot

"It used to be, back in my day that we didn't have your pokegears and your fancy poketechs and your TV stations and your special pokeballs and your poffin cases and your tm cases and your multipocket backpacks and your pokenavs and your vs seekers and your battle towers and your fancy shmancy seals for your ridiculously overpriced pokeballs and your radio towers and your teachytvs and your Global Trade Stations and your double battles and did you know that when we left our towns with our first pokemon and headed off on Route 1 towards Viridian City that we did so in the bitter cold with the wind on our faces with Blk Apricorns in our pockets?!"

"Back in my day, back in my day, all we had were the Pokeballs, the Great Balls and the Ultra Balls. If you got real lucky, maybe you'd be able to steal a Master Ball from Silph Co's greedy little hands. Why when we tried to move that god damn Snorlax from the route, we threw our Greatballs and smashed a+b down on our 8 bit grayscale pokedexs and prayed, we prayed that it would stay shut so we could get on with it and get to Cinnabar before the snow began to fall in Cerulean City. Now adays you people with your Heavy Balls and your Timer balls just throw it and move right on along. Tsh. Back in my day when we tried to breed our Pokemon we had to experiment and learn for ourselves what Pokemon can put what into who. Now you have your IV feeds and your sophisticate computers and your breeding farms... Hmph. Lazy children."

"But now you little lazy children, now you got your pokedexes with your holograms and your GPS pokemon locators that tell you just where that pokemon you're looking for is located. You don't take your notebooks and take notes on the habitats of pokemon. You youngsters today do not hunt in the tall grass for hours, no, no you just push a button. A magic little button that does all your work for you while you take all the credit for being such an amazing trainer what with your eight boxes in Bill's PC all full up of Pokemon. When I was a lad, after the war, I went on my pokemon journey and I didn't have any of that fancy buisness. I had to work for the pokemon in my possession and we didn't have that unlimited space to store our pokemon. When we wanted to move a pokemon from box to box we had to do it by hand."

"Back in my day, when the old man offered to teach you how to catch a pokemon, you didn't pretend to be on your damn pokegear. No, back in my day, you listened to him with respect because he was your elder and you watched him and you learned how it's done."

"Now adays you have your confounded liberal PCP3 pact with its rules and regulations telling you all about how you can't go taking your confounding technology into those places of the world that don't know about it yet and you whine and complain and say 'oh, but there could be new Pokemon there or a new challenge' but you refuse to go there without all your bells and whistles and your skinny leg jeans. Tsh. Back in my day, we didn't fear the untamed world. We picked up a machete and we hacked through that grass and we did it without your fancy bikes with the shifting gears and we walked from town to town in that new world without your light up running shoes."

"God damn whippersnappers, those little buds in your ears have gone out and murdered your sense of adventure."

The TL;DR Drabble on What's Going On

This story takes place about 5-10 years after the conclusion of Generation 4 in Sinnoh.

After the industrialization of the world began to intensify, the legendary birds fled the land and settled on a continent protected for the most part by natural elements. Of course, the trainers followed the birds in hopes of capturing them and with them brought the technology of their homelands. In some of these places, inner turmoil in the land was already reaching a peak and the added technology was starting to swing things unfairly in one direction. Fearing an upset in the natural progression of history in these continents, the five Champions got together in the Hall of Champions at the Kanto Indigo Plateau and together with the backing of the Elite Four Members from each region as well as the Global Police Representatives set forth a series of rules to keep the continent safe from outsiders. They enacted, much to the overall dismay of the people, the PCP3.

The Pokemon Continental Preservation Peace Pact [PCP3 for short] is a treaty aimed at protecting continents with civilizations that are not fully developed. Pokemon League Laws strictly prohibit any sort of contact with such continents and the reason for this is because this sort of contact with higher civilizations often greatly influences the path of the history for underdeveloped continents. All trainers with a trainer's license are required to adhere to this treaty unless there is a clear and precise danger to a person's life. This treaty is one of the most important sets of rules in the Pokemon League, and regulates how trainers must act in emergency situations if they find themselves in such situations. If such advanced technology is used and the champions become aware of it, the persons responsible will be immediately detained, their trainer licenses removed and punished to the extreme end of the law. Anyone defying these regulations forfeits their right to a trial and will be given the maximum penalty for their crime. In the most severe of cases, the offenders will be shot. Survivors will be shot again. The League made it clear with this announcement that they would not be merciful. No exceptions.

There was initial chaos and uproar after the PCP3 was first enacted but it was soon forgotten and life went on as normal. People adjusted and got over the shock. Legendary Pokemon became Legendary. Time fixed itself and the problems on the underdeveloped continents settled down to the sorts of problems you'd expect to see. It fell once more into the lull.

One summer morning, a group of trainers got on the SS Libra from the port in Vermillion City in the Kanto region bound for Olivine in the Johto region. What seemed like a normal trip soon turned ugly as the ship entered a storm and was blown off course. What was supposed to be a simple ferry ride has now left them shipwrecked on the coast of one of these continents. With no other options, they have left their shipwrecked ship and are now traveling towards the nearby city to look for a way to get back home, the threat of violating the PCP3 hanging very heavily over their heads.

The List and Links

The Players
    Mika
    Feign
    Comet~*
    Jazmine Marie
    Clow
    Leprachaun
    Kogenta
    The Jack of Hearts

The Links
    Main Thread

Last edited:

Feign

Clain
    Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2023
    Just to clarify, using gen. 2+ items (as specified in the other post), is okay everywhere else, just not on these protected islands?

Also these civilizations, are they occupied with human and/or pokemon?

kekeke I already have a devious plan for a character >.>

Vigilante

Ringleader of Hell
    Years
    • Seen Dec 26, 2009
    Oh and back in my day, we didn't have colors like pink. Everything was red or blue.

Mika

もえじゃないも
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2013
    Just to clarify, using gen. 2+ items (as specified in the other post), is okay everywhere else, just not on these protected islands?

Also these civilizations, are they occupied with human and/or pokemon?

kekeke I already have a devious plan for a character >.>

Yes Feign that's correct. Gen 2 + Items are legit everywhere except in places where it's said they're not. Yes, to those of you who've figured it out it does resemble the UP3 in Star Ocean 3. XD BUT I CHANGED IT HAHAHAHAHA.

kihihi yes. As far as occupied... well it's both. But the 'time line' is different. You'll see as the story goes on but all the characters are from normal continents etc etc.

Oh and back in my day, we didn't have colors like pink. Everything was red or blue.

XD You liked the intro didn't you.

Vigilante

Ringleader of Hell
    Years
    • Seen Dec 26, 2009
    I swear, I read that so much I began to say it.

Oh and someone named their Pokemon Wrex, like my egg :).

Don't these people read? Wasn't there a sign that said spam in the OoC? They are posting all their meaningless comments in the IC thread.

{Swan}

I Never Asked For This.
    Years
    Just so you know, I'm still debating whether or not to join this =/

Feign

Clain
    Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2023
    Almost done... I'm starting out with a flawed character (for a change). And though he may be a hindrance to the group, he won't be using 2+ gen items. He's got his own two fists... ;)

Vigilante

Ringleader of Hell
    Years
    • Seen Dec 26, 2009
    I'm bored, and this chocolate bar is starting to get gross. It was king size and one square is left :( I feel sick. More sick than I already am. I have a mild case of the flu :(.

Feign

Clain
    Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2023
    Well it has milk products in it, so that won't help... Just drink lots of water, stay warm, and get lots of sleep.

Vigilante

Ringleader of Hell
    Years
    • Seen Dec 26, 2009
    Yeah yeah. I love water, so no problem there, I always carry around my big blanket, so I'll be warm and then the sleeping is hard. I have never been able to get to sleep until well past ten unless I had been walking around all day. Speaking of water, I'm going to get a big 36 or maybe 40 something oz cup.

Feign

Clain
    Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2023
    Haha nice. I haven't been sick in a while myself, thankfully ;)

Also, I got my RP su up.

I had to go as far as I did plot-wise, as it was the only way to explain my character getting pokemon again. XD

Vigilante

Ringleader of Hell
    Years
    • Seen Dec 26, 2009
    My flu is over :). Just in time for the hippest party. (Not really, but I am going to a party til 1 am ;) )

YoshiRiRu

xX~Lord of the Storm~Xx
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jan 27, 2016
    Mikaa, I shot you a PM. Get back to me when you get a chance.

Feign

Clain
    Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2023
    Yeah, I think I'll mention my two pokemon in my next post (if that's okay), after my character wakes up.

I'm thinking it should be a Mudkip and something else (dunno yet).

Lol I just realized my character hates being in public, but liked the media attention of his various criminal successes. XD

Mika

もえじゃないも
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2013
    Okay, I'm very confused. I've had my SU up as long as anyone yet I still have had no comments or anything. Why have I not been pended/declined/accepted yet? Are you ignoring me? If so, why?

o_o

I have no idea.

I'll go edit you in <3

Feign

Clain
    Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2023
    Btw, if anyone wants to be the 'stupid kid' I briefly mention in my post, then go ahead and do so. XD

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back