• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

"Shoot and I'll Move!" - the Touhou Thread

The_G'

Can I Has Some Friez?
Years
  • Yay, a touhou thread. I feared to not have found one.
    So hi guys!

Flandre in a fighting game is the equivalent of putting Reisen in a conventional shooter.

Overpowered. Definitely.

Flandre would be a pain to make Flandre-ish, and balanced.

Flandre? In a fighting game? In touhou 12.3, they were supposed to put Kaguya and Mokou in there but they were found to be overpowered. So what's the chance of Flandre getting the spot?

Years
  • Whee. In case you guys haven't heard yet. Touhou 12.8 is announced.

妖精大戦争 ~ 東方三月精 (Fairy Wars)

Playing as Cirno and freezing danmaku! Also 3 Fairies get danmaku too!

And in case that wasn't enough new Touhou for you, then you'll be glad to hear about the new manga as well.

東方茨歌仙 ~ Wild and Horned Hermit

The main character is Kasen Ibara, "A mysterious girl who describes herself as 'a simple pilgrim' and shows up at the Hakurei Shrine looking for the so-called 'arm of the kappa'."

Comiket's not too far off either. These are the good days of being a Touhou fan.

The_G'

Can I Has Some Friez?
    Years
  • From being a 2nd stage boss to a star in her own game, Cirno has gone a looooongg way. Of course, with the three mischievous fairies (SunnyMilk, StarSapphire and LunaChild).

So who do you think needs to star in her own game?
    For me, Reisen II and the Watatsuki sisters.

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
    Years
  • I've never had the pleasure of playing a touhou game... and I'm very sad because of it.

But if I were to try it... which one is the best. lol

Last edited:

Shanghai Alice

Exiled to Siberia
    Years
  • Whee. In case you guys haven't heard yet. Touhou 12.8 is announced.

妖精大戦争 ~ 東方三月精 (Fairy Wars)

Playing as Cirno and freezing danmaku! Also 3 Fairies get danmaku too!

AND THE PEASANTS REJOICED!

I hope it's not painfully hard. ZUN needs to start making easier games... *Still has the bruises from SA and MoF*

And in case that wasn't enough new Touhou for you, then you'll be glad to hear about the new manga as well.

東方茨歌仙 ~ Wild and Horned Hermit

The main character is Kasen Ibara, "A mysterious girl who describes herself as 'a simple pilgrim' and shows up at the Hakurei Shrine looking for the so-called 'arm of the kappa'."

Comiket's not too far off either. These are the good days of being a Touhou fan.
    Eh, manga is nice. I'd prefer another 4Koma, maybe following the Scarlet Devil Mansion... ^^

From being a 2nd stage boss to a star in her own game, Cirno has gone a looooongg way. Of course, with the three mischievous fairies (SunnyMilk, StarSapphire and LunaChild).

So who do you think needs to star in her own game?
    For me, Reisen II and the Watatsuki sisters.
    It's the rabid fans. People on Walfas are wondering whether or not ZUN is just caving in to demands.

Also, the most wanted stars are:
    1. PATCHOULI.
    2. Sakuya
    3. Hoan- Err, Hong Meiri- Meili- Mei Li- CHINA.
    4. Reisen Reisen Reisen.
    5. Eirin
    6. ALICE!

In short, a game with all of those should be made.

NOW.

I'm gonna go kidnap ZUN.

I've never had the pleasure of playing a touhou game... and I'm very sad because of it.

But if I were to try it... which one is the best. lol
    Let me break it down for you.

TH 1-5: PC-98. Don't do it. Yet.
    TH 6: Embodiment of Scarlet Devil. It's challenging, but it was my first. As the first WIndows game, it lacks a lot of the features.
    TH 7: Perfect Cherry Blossom. Ehh... Never found anything special. But it has Alice.
    TH 8: Imperishable Night. YES YES YES. It's not too difficult for nublets (Like meself!), has an awesome cast, plot, and soundtrack, and... Yeah. Play this.
    TH 9: Um. No. Not for the newcomers.
    TH 10-12: NO. NO. NO. I HATES THEM. THEY MAKE ME CRY AND FEEL LIKE A LOSER.

So... Imperishable Night or EoSD. :D

Years
  • Mountain of Faith is really nice to bombers considering you can keep enough power to do so. Also, no grazing kind of ruins it takes the pressure off of trying to GRAZE EVERY SINGLE BULLET FOR POINTS. It provides a fair challenge as well. Also, Marisa-Bugged
    Subterranean Animism is just hard. In the fun, challenging way. Shot types and bombs kind of suck though.
    Undefined Fantastic Object is hard. In a gimmicky, ragequit way. The UFO chases and SCREEN IS FILLED WITH POINT ITEMS really makes avoiding easy bullets difficult and annoying.
    Shoot the Bullet and Double Spoiler are great fun challenges considering you're not a person who ragequits easily.

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
    Years
  • Shoot the Bullet and Double Spoiler are great fun challenges considering you're not a person who ragequits easily.
    Oh, I like a challenge. I tend to add my own pointless challenges to games that are already really hard... like using a rom to play them in 200% speed. lol

Also, I downloaded 8. Hopefully there will be many fun times to be had tomorrow morning.

Last edited:

Charizard632

Now a great Touhou addict
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Jul 6, 2012
    I am a big fan of Touhou. What I really love is the characters and music.

Shanghai Alice

Exiled to Siberia
    Years
  • Oh, I like a challenge. I tend to add my own pointless challenges to games that are already really hard... like using a rom to play them in 200% speed. lol

Also, I downloaded 8. Hopefully there will be many fun times to be had tomorrow morning.
    Oh, IN runs the gamut of difficulty levels.

Hard is Hard

Easy is Easy.

Is Imperishable Night really easy?
    I find UFO easier . . . . on the first four levels. I always die against Byakuren and Shou. Their spellcards are hard to graze.
    Ehh, yeah, IN is pretty easy on Normal, with Border Team.

But it can be hard on Hard.

And I've never really tried on UFO. ^^

I am a big fan of Touhou. What I really love is the characters and music.
    Who doesn't? You'll LOVE IOSYS>

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
    Years
  • Ehh, yeah, IN is pretty easy on Normal, with Border Team.
    I've played 7 and 8 so far, and 7 was a lot easier imo. Of course I've only gotten like half way through either game lol.

It's also kinda weird already knowing all of the music before actually playing the game lol.

Shanghai Alice

Exiled to Siberia
    Years
  • Eh? Oh, the end is where it starts to get hard. For every game.

Have you fought Marisa yet?

I guess she could be considered a MAJOR difficulty spike.

Back