• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Should I buy a AR for D/P?

Years
  • I didn't know there was a cloning code, so I can't say if it does or not. I would imagine not though, no other code I've used has caused any irreversible damage.

There is a cloning code and you have to do it through the PC. But when you use the code you have to follow the instructions exactly or the game will freeze though it's really not that hard to do.

But if you want an AR for event pokemon and items then I would go ahead and suggest that you buy it because most of the other new ones are about $30.

codymr14

Lakeland city gym trainer
    Years
  • hey if you used the AR for the event pokemon and when the events come around will you still be able to get them even after you used the AR for the item hack

wolfie1177

PC needs to get more brutal!!!
    Years
    • Seen Feb 25, 2021
    Action Replay is about as dishonorable as it gets. Never get one.

bro, you overreact so much. if you just use it to get some masterballs or an event item (i agree w/ you ichida) it's not a real big deal. and it's a breeze for cloning, i am thinking of buying one just for that

linkinpark187

Computer Tech
    Years
  • yeah, i'd have to agree with wolfie1177. thats overreacting a bit. not all of us have the money to fly half-way across the world to get event Pokémon, and hard-to-get items are a breeze to get. :D

but for $10, go for it. there's a thread with all kinds of Action Replay codes, and supercheats.com has all kinds of Diamond/Pearl AR codes, too. :D

magpie

Rocket Vigilante
    Years
  • Eh...I don't AR, I don't suggest it...but it's cheap and you seem like you want to, so go for it =)

Like everyone's said, though, be honorable in your dishonor ;)

j/k, just make sure your opponents/trade partners know you've hacked.

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2014
    Pffh i would get one. Heck i would probably buy a few and then sell them on ebay for a little less than actual retail price. But thats just me =P

ThatInsaneKid

Imma PokeNerd!!! lol :B
    Years
    • Seen Mar 17, 2009
    Okay. I'm planning on getting an AR as well, but I've got one concern. What are the system specifications for the software that it comes with to download the codes? I've only got Windows 2000 ME, so that could pose a problem. :xxx

ThatInsaneKid

Imma PokeNerd!!! lol :B
    Years
    • Seen Mar 17, 2009
    WalMart sells them for $20. :xx

Still need an answer to my question. :xxx

linkinpark187

Computer Tech
    Years
  • not sure, because all i have is XP. it says you have to have XP, but it might work with either 2000 or ME (though i don't like the fact that you have ME because ME sucks big hairy monkey...i'll stop there, lol). but, Wal-Mart, $20. i wouldn't imagine it would be too horribly far away. i've got a CodeBreaker, too, but i don't really use it for Pokémon anymore. lol

willypiggy

パンケーキ! Yum!
    Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2010
    well since I live in England 10 dollers is nothing, 5 quid, and thats REALLY easy to get (a cholate bar is like 50p (1/2 a pound)) so I would say go for it, there about what you would call 40-50 $ over her ein England, just get it but dont use it for things like illegal EV distribution, perfect IVs etc, that spoils the game.

Dunsparce

The Land Snake Pokemon
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    I'm planning to get one for myself as a late I-suck-because-I-have-no-real-life-friends birthday present. I'm justy doing it to get TMs and mass clone my Shinies for trading. I also need Black Sludge and the Power Items... For fun, I'll probably enter the Shaymin/Darkrai event locations so they appear on my Town Map,as I did in FR/LG for the Sevii Islands for the simple fact that I have a problem with having an incomplete map.

No Pokemon modifiers or hacks, though. Only n00bs would use those.

Not to mention the last dungeon in Izuna:Legend of The Unemployed Ninja is a b**** to pass DX

CristWii

Noctowl Tamer
    Years
  • To bad the most fun code (walk/run through everything) damages your game...
    lol, I once entered Amity Square with no Pokémon behind me by going BEHIND the lady in the counter.
    Since Noctowl was the first Poke in my Party she said that my Noctowl was adorable! :D

Wish

No spoils for the meek.
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2018
    It is fun to use it, but as long you don't use it on pokemon you are going to use in official battles. I have an AR, I freely admit that. For $10 that's a good deal, I'd buy it to have fun with. My brother used WTW code to get legendary pokemon like Darkrai, and Shaymin. So really it's up to you.

CristWii

Noctowl Tamer
    Years
  • It is fun to use it, but as long you don't use it on pokemon you are going to use in official battles. I have an AR, I freely admit that. For $10 that's a good deal, I'd buy it to have fun with. My brother used WTW code to get legendary pokemon like Darkrai, and Shaymin. So really it's up to you.

Me too!
    Flower Paradise...longest place in Pokémon history...

linkinpark187

Computer Tech
    Years
  • yeah, but you can still get one at Wal-Mart for $20. they're still cheap there. and they've got D/P codes to begin with. lol and i've got an easier way to add codes. copy your Pokemon Diamond or Pokemon Pearl Cheats into the file (on the ARCM) "My Custom Code List". then, go to "C: \Program Files\Datel\Action Replay Code Manager\local_codelists", right click "default_codelist", "Open With", and open with the "Notepad". then, you can add your codes that way, in this format:

________________<cheat>
    ________________________<name>Catch Any Pokemon</name>
    ________________________<codes>94000130 FDFF0000 B21C4D28 00000000 B0000004 00000000 94000130 FEFF0000 00000890 01D8005D D0000000 00000000 DA000000 00000892 C0000000 0000000B 0002461C 00000001 D7000000 00024620 DC000000 00000006 D2000000 00000000 </codes>
    ________________</cheat>

there's no space in the "C...yada yada" and you don't use underlines, but hit the "Tab" button. Three times for <name> and <codes> and then two for <cheat> and </cheat>. i hope you all find this useful! :D (maybe i should put this in the Diamond/Pearl official CodeBreaker/Action Replay thread)

Back