• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Should We Have a Light-Type?

Should We Have a Light-Type?

• Total voters

ElBurrito

[COLOR=#0543a8][FONT="Press Start 2P"]I'm not just
    Years
    I think it would be cool. I don't understand why people say it would be confusing. I also don't get why people think the current types are confusing. Iv'e been playing since Red, Blue, Green, and Yellow were around and i never got confused with type advantages. But anyways, I think it would be cool to have a light type.

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    Here is what I have so far...

There are moves that involve light as purely something that provides illumination. As stated before, we already have aroura beam, mirror shot, doom desire, sunlight, sunny day, spark, flash, etc... They all involve, in some way, providing illumination to the battle. However, we have not addressed another problem.

Dark-type is not solely taking illumination away, it's using cheap-tricks and cheating to get what you want. I've looked over the entire list of moves for dark-type, and there is no move that involves taking illumination away. They are all tricks and forms of cheating that would normally be looked down on, such as taunting(Torment & Taunt), ganging up on someone(Beat Up), stealing their items(Thief), or striking them when they're not looking(Night Slash).

People are looking at Light-type and thinking it's a type for illumination, others look at it and see angels, holiness, and all that is 'good'. Light-type is a really good idea, but it might not be necessary. We already have a type that looks at the altruistic and harmonic views of battling, such as making your foe fall in love with you(Attract), charming your opponent(Charm), asking kindly for their item(Covet), and showing their affection to their trainer by battling as hard as they can(Return). We can might as well have a new type for this, and it will probably come along with another type to balance out the chart in case Light-type tips it off.

Really? I found things like covet and attract were just moves that let other pokemon play other pokemon. After all, they still do relentlessly attack you while you're struck dumb by infatuation.
    Return makes sense though, but I don't think it should allow a completely new type.

Years
    I don't think we need a light type but I'm not sure ;\
    Just because the games are called black and white doesn't mean light and dark,and even so couldn't it just be Dark vs Normal(Pure) ?!

Back