• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Showgan -- Standing On Edge (Invitational)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Charon

unscrupulous~
    Years
    {ooc| Whey! I really should wait for Yibber, but oh well. I'll just post a filler because I'm stupid like that.
    Here's a heads-up; I'm taking part in https://www.nanowrimo.org/ this year - at first, only as moral support for my friend, but now to challenge myself - so my posting might be slow. Or awful and uninspired. The challenge is to write a 50k novel in the month of November. I 'spect I'll fail, but it's an experience, right?

On another note, I'm completely addicted to a cartoon called 'Danny Phantom'. Fwah, I love it. Just in case anyone was wondering about my sig' and whatnot.}

"Fang?!"

Fang froze as a familiar voice rang out. Rai - of course. How could he fail to hear me hit the window. The zubat cringed. He hadn't planned for this; how could he break it to Maxie that he'd been spotted? They were trying to make a clean get away...
    And, of course, there was the Raticate. He was still hissing, smashing his fists together in a menacing motion.
    {RRrrrunt!} he snapped, {I'll teach you to respect those stronger than you!}

Fang cringed. Oh, how he hated being a rookie pokemon.

~~~~~~~~~~

Meanwhile, Maxie was smiling to herself as Akari flapped after her, squawking and gasping indignantly. She glanced sideways at the exhausted pokemon, and continued to examin the statue in front of her, as if she hadn't noticed the pokemon approaching. I wonder... why here?

Finally, she turned, as the bird began to talk. Maxie pulled a face; without Fang translating, Maxie's understanding of the Murkrow's language was a shaky one. Still, she got the picture, and at Akari's final sentence, Maxie's expression brightened considoriably.

"A bargain, eh? Sounds good. Tell me more." After all, bargains could easily be twisted in her favour.

Random Plushie

Yes, it is a sheep
    Years
    OOC:

=D

Talofa! Hello all! Plushie has gained actual free time! *whee-hee* The trimester is starting to wind down, that's why. So now I can actually manage to post and do other stuff on the computer! ^^ At least on weekends. I can post on weekdays depending on how much homework I have. I am so happy! ^o^

Aw, but seriously though, I'm sorry if there's been any inconvience in the absence. I'll try to get caught up in the RP as soon as possible, okay? I have to read everything I've missed.

And also, welcome back, Yibber-nee-chan! ^^

*felt like calling Yibber that* Oh, and hugs to you too, Titan, Melissi, and Charon. =D

Edit:

And.. I'm already done. I guess I tend to read faster than I used to now, because of all those reading logs at school. But talking of school will bore y'all, so I shan't do it. Instead, I'll try my hand at posting an IC. Geez, I hope my writing didn't get rusty. o.o;;

IC:

Auto-pilot.

She used to joke about it with her neighbors, because it often seemed that she lived most of her life on auto-pilot. Being unfocused, oblivious, dwelling in her thoughts all the time.. it was like she was living her life outside of her body.

Auto-pilot. It was like being in a dream. And she was experiencing it now.

Through glazed eyes, Kayley saw Zachary leave, toward the Pokemon Center's telephones. But she wasn't thinking about him, or acknowledging the fact that he was leaving. Instead, she thought of how much her earlier episode with the scary little girl had upset her. Instead, she thought about how much her arm ached. She should have brought a carry-strap on her journey for her trumpet case.

The wind howled outside. And Kayley noticed that Rai was leaving, too. She supposed it was late, and everyone was going to bed. It seemed like seconds later, Jena was leaving, too. She watched her go, but at the same time, Kayley did not watch her go, because she was on auto-pilot. Her thoughts slugged onwards. At times she was thinking about the girl again. Then, she thought about her father. But then..

From far away she could feel a tug on her pants. Fishy? Amelia? Silver? Nurse Gwendolyn?

Kayley could feel reality returning to her, widening her eyes in realization. I have been daydreaming all this time! She thought, freezing in place. Far below, Fishy glared at her, although his gaze lacked intensity, probably because he was tired. He said something to her, angrily, but Kayley's mind did not register it. She was worried about other things.

The others.. they must be in the rooms.. Kayley thought, her heartbeat slowing. It must.. be late.. She looked down at her Mudkip, who still seemed to be bickering over something. She scooped him up into her arms, squeezing tightly, only barely feeling the protests. It's late.. I'm going to wither away in this lobby.. I should go to sleep.

Already, her thoughts were even more disoriented than usual.

"Sleep." She croaked, picking up her trumpet case from its place on the floor. Like a zombie, she began walking toward the guest rooms, the long moments passing by in silence, as Fishy stopped his squirming, realizing that she wasn't listening to him.

Suddenly, a new thought pierced through the silence and calm in her mind as she came to the hallway connecting all of the Center's rooms. From far away, she saw..

Rai.. Jena.. What are they doing.. not sleeping?

Last edited:

Ibuberu

prepare yourself pls
    Years
    Occ-

PLUSHIEEE!!!!!!!!!!!

*tackles you with her army of Feebas again*

Welcome back to you too, I missed you Plushie!! ^^

1/3 of the things that have got me busy this holiday are done, and I just got Blue Rescue Team to play, so I guess I'm still moving on slowly. ^^;;

Charon! >D I watch DP too! It's a nice show, it is.*nods* Too bad they only show episodes of the first series over here, I've only seen a handful of the second online. ;.;

Ic-

"Eh?"was all Jena could manage to say as Rai swiftly snatched Kaika's pokeball and rushed towards the window. This wasn't what she wanted, not at all. Was helping someone take her belongings such a tedious task? It looked like Fang was the one who had created the earlier noise, but what would he be doing around here so late in the night...

The girl looked up as Rai asked her for any suggestions, which yielded no results as she wasn't the type who'd think up of a full-proof plan in mere seconds. She noted the Raticate, which didn't look all too pleasant-like and played her team of Pokemon through her mind.

"Mudkip, Wurmple, Ralts and Tailow..." and oh, what vicious beasts they were indeed. Jena sighed, they were more likely to scare themselves rather than scare the rat pokemon away. Besides, they had fallen aslepp much earlier.

"What we need..."Jena tried her hardest to think, though it wasn't one of her strong points, as she noticed someone approaching them in the hallway. She craned her neck to see a tall girl... Kayley! It seemed that she had awoken from her previous daze, but what interested the coordinator more was that... Didn't she own a Gastly, Hazy was it?

She immediately waved her hands in a gesture to ask the girl to come over.

"Couldn't she faze through the window...?"the girl told herself, lowering her arms and voice at the uncertainty of the idea.

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
    Years
    OOC: Nyah, Yibber, ya' totally stole my line. xP

PLUSHIEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!

See? I did it better. xD Welcome back Plushie, I missed ya' too. ^^

Anyways, sorry for the absence folks. I just kind of got poofed with KH II. Ya' know...leveling up the whole party to 99, beating Sephiroth, clearing almost all of the missions, synthesizing everything, getting all of the non-crystal synthesis materials into the moogle shop...that kind of stuff. xD Incidentally, whoever thought up the carpet minigame deserves to be stabbed. How am I supposed to get 65 kills when there aren't that many heartless spawning? *Stabs designer* The least they could do is provide a retry button so I wouldn't have to go back the long way every time to redo. <.< The same, minus the part about a 'retry' button, goes for the 'poster duty' one. 20 posters in 30 seconds? Sheez...I've got all the best mobility skills on and it still takes 32. ~_~

Incidentally Yibber, congratulations on getting MD and all, but did you know...

Spoiler:

Nyah, I wrapped that bit in spoiler tags 'cause I'm mean like that. I really would have expected you to go for the other version. ^_~

IC:

"Kayley?" Rai turned around again at Jena's comment, noticing that Kayley had indeed appeared at the scene, although judging by her expression she was confused to say the least.

"Actually, that's a good idea." he remarked at Jena's suggestion, "If anyone can scare off that Raticate it would probably be Hazy."

{What?!} Kaika yelped at the mention of the ghost type, the little fox immediately springing up and puffing his tails up, {No!} he protested stubbornly, {Kaika not wantings the scary ghost-thing here! Not wantings it at all!}

"Umm...could you get Hazy to help?" Rai asked Kayley, doing his best to keep the now furiously protesting Vulpix at bay, "Fang's in trouble and we can't help because he's on the other side of the window. Oh...and could you do it fast?" he added as an afterthought, glancing at his pokémon - calling the expression no the Vulpix's face 'indignant' would have been an understatement indeed - "I don't think Kaika is too pleased about the idea."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

A sly grin spread across Akari's face as Maxie asked her to put forth an offer. The Murkrow enjoyed bargaining, after all, bargains could easily be twisted in her favour.

{It's very simple.} the Murkrow remarked, adjusting her position on the statue a bit, {You want the shiny thing that Akari took, and Akari wants a shiny thing of her own. Squid pro quo...} she took a pause before continuing in a dismissive tone, {...or whatever it is you muscleheaded primeates call it. You get what you want if Akari gets what she wants, yes?}

Random Plushie

Yes, it is a sheep
    Years
    OOC:

Phwee! You guys are all so awesome and witty and funny! ^o^ 'Tis good to be back. And it looks like things are slowing down for me, too. It's November, you see, and I don't have much school in November. And Christmas Vacation is so close! Soon I won't be MIA as much. Yay!

Sorry about the video game drama, Alter and Yibber. Speaking of which.. between Red Rescue Team and Blue Rescue Team, which one is for Game Boy Advance?

IC:

She knew something was wrong when she saw Jena waving to her. She knew it by the girl's expression, and by the sickening feeling that grew in her middle as she made the quick journey down to the boy's room.

But honestly, Kayley had not expected this.

There was Jena, of course, and then there was Rai by the window, with Kaika. Not to mention that there was someone sleeping in one of the beds. But all that aside, she saw a small Pokemon pressed against the window pane on the far side of the room, which was presently about to be eaten by a particularly ferocious Raticate. Not a particularly delightful sight. But what was she supposed to do about it?

She heard Rai start explaining, although for all the world it seemed like he was explaining it to her through a long-distance telephone connection. It was all so much to take in. Kayley's tired, unfocused mind barely strung his words together.

Get Hazy.. Fang's in trouble.. We can't help.. other side of the window.. could you do it fast?

Kayley blinked. What? Instantly, she did a double-take. Fang!?

It only took one more look at the huddled shape on the other side of the window. That was Maxie's Zubat, alright. And he was on the verge of being.. well, torn to pieces, basically.

"That is Fang..!" Kayley exclaimed, choking on her words. She almost lost her grip on her trumpet case. She felt Fishy jump out of her arms, possibly in surprise, but her eyes did not follow him. Instead, everything seemed to focus solely on what she could see through the window. Her entire mind seemed to focus on preventing that Raticate from reaching Fang, although she did not know why.

It just seemed like.. well, like she had to do something to help him.

Her free hand retrieved Hazy's Pokeball, and in a quite literal flash, the room was lit up as a Ghastly burst forth from its depths. Hazy, to be exact, although anyone could have told you that. Kayley tightened her grip on both the trumpet case and the Pokeball as the Ghost-type appeared.

"Hazy," she said, stiffly, "Save Fang."

It took a few seconds for Hazy to register the situation. Only when she turned toward the window did she realize what she was being instructed to do. She did not make a sound, only nodded once. And then, she was gone. She had faded into the air, completely out of view. Kayley's fists tightened, still.

Barely a moment passed. Without any warning at all, Hazy appeared beyond the window, surging forward toward Raticate from out of nowhere. Grinning, she swelled to more than twice her size, in that frightening way that Ghost-types can do, and in pure bliss, gave a wicked, wicked scream.

Ibuberu

prepare yourself pls
    Years
    OOc-

*can never resist the power of the spoiler tags*

*orders her army of Feebas to glomp Titan to death*

Anyways, yes, I knew that my darling Feebas is only version exclusive to Red Rescue Team, but I only had 1 DS game[Pokemon Dash. XDD] and I like playing with the touch screen and stylus so I figured 'Hey, I'll buy Blue, and force my sis/friends to by Red. Muahah. >D'

My friend's saving up to buy Red, so I'll just count the seconds before I breath down his neck and order him to get me many cute little Feebas! ^-^ Meh, my char's a Jolly Totodile called Jinn(*always pictures Jinn as a male XD*) and the partner is a Torchic called.. Tin Tin. o.o

I had macaroni that day... XD

Ah, Blue Rescue Team ish for DS and Red Rescue Team ish for GBA.

... Wonder if they can hear the blissful scream through the wall? o.o

Ic-

Jena was taken by surprise when Rai said that it was actually quite a good idea, she rarely had one of those. The Coordinator then fell silent as Kayley approached and Rai explained to her what all had happened. The girl however, seemed to be in her own world, at least for a moment or two. Until it looked like the boy's words had reached her and brought her and Fishy out of their previous daze.

Fang looked far from well forced against the window like that, so it came to no surprise with Kayley's reaction. But soon after, Jena became to worry again, like she always would. The way the taller girl ordered the Gastly, and the way her grip on her case's handle tightened, it just didn't seem right.

But.... it wouldn't be right to bother anyone with her thoughts.

The girl let this slip by, watching Hazy disappear and reappear on the other side of the window, deciding to scare the Raticate off by increasing her size and with what looked like a scream. Thankfully, Jena heard nothing beyond the walls of the room.. and Zachary's mumbling.

Charon

unscrupulous~
    Years
    {Nyah, I want the DS one. I only have one game for it so far xD}

The raticate gave a hiss of anger, and fled. Faced with a larger adversary, it didn't see the point in wasting energy just to punish a stupid little zubat.
    Fang gave a sigh of relif. {Cheers Hazy...} he mumbled.
    Now what? he thought. I can't just run for it....

~~~~~

Maxie pulled a face. "Sure, sure, you can have a shiny thing," she said, and dug in her pocket. She pulled out a 50 pence piece, which glittered silver in the light. "See? Pretty! Or..." she pulled out a battery too, "One of these? Look, shiny ends."

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
    Years
    OOC: Nyah, sorry for my prolonged absence, folks, but I'm so far behind on my Physics lab work that unless I resort to extreme measures I'll fluke the subject, which will then lead to me not getting to take my final exams this year. So yeah...I kid you not, it's one completed lab for every day of school for the next half month, plus some at home. All the planning and shizzle kind of hurt my creativity, and I've no doubt that writing the lab reports will do the same, so if I poof off again you'll know why. =_=

Anyways, it's the weekend so I thought I'd take the opportunity to write a bit of IC.

By the by, our new puppy arrived today and it's absolutely adorable. ^.^ Our old doggie isn't too pleased with the whole thing, though; her expression when the two first met was all 'How nice of you to drop by, now please leave and let us enjoy the evening in peace.'. xD Oh well, she'll get used to it, I'm sure. Things might get a bit more hectic with raising the puppy around here, though, so again, another reason for potential dissappearances in the near future.

Oh, and Yibber, the room has a glass window, you know, so I don't see any way for Hazy's penetrating screech not to get through. There's a window in my room that's facing the little parking lot reserved for the house residents, and I can certainly attest to hearing all kinds of noises from there in the middle of the night. ~_~

Aaaaanyhow...

IC:

Were Rai a bit more like his mother and a bit less like the almost overly polite youth that he was, he would probably have made a sarcastic comment at Kayley's exclamation of "That is Fang..!", but the boy being who he was didn't even come to think of such a thing, and although he would have preferred it if the girl had caught on a bit quicker, he could hardly blame her for having to take a moment to piece the events together. After all, it was a rather confusing chain of happenings and it was late, and in the end, Hazy did get out in time to fend off the Raticate - despite Kaika's persistent complaints about the 'meanie ghostie' - so in the end it all worked out for the best. Well, except for the way Hazy's ear-piercing shriek kept resounding in Rai's ears, perhaps. Still, the boy concluded as he watched the Zubat on the other side of the window, some kind of explanation would still be in order.

"Fang?" Rai asked carefully as he opened the window to let the bat pokémon in, "How did you get here? Is-" his tone became slightly more hopeful at this thought, "Is Maxie somewhere nearby?" now of course Rai wouldn't be able to make out a word of Fang's screeching, no matter how hard the Zubat tried to explain, but he had now reached the point of fatigue where such trivialities didn't bother him. Besides, Hazy was about, so if Kayley brought out Fishy then the Mudkip could translate for her. But did the Mudkip understand Zubat speech? Maybe Hazy would have to translate for Fishy who would translate for- Rai paused, slowly rubbing his temples, this was not the kind of thinking process he wanted to go through at this hour of the night.

Akari eyed the objects Maxie offered rather critically, a frown spreading across the Murkrow's features as she considered the offer, {Those shinies are not as shiny as the one you are looking for.} she announced matter-of-factly, {Buuut...} the bird pokémon added slowly, the usual greedy glint appearing in her eyes, {Akari could take that as an advance} she swooped down quickly, snatching both the 50 pence and the batteries with her taloned feet before settling down on the statue again.

{It's still not quite squid pro quo, though.} Akari reminded the girl as she cast a wary glance at her surroundings to make sure that the crowd wasn't staring at them, {...just to make sure that the meanie musclehead remembers...} she pretended to clean her feathers for a bit before continuing, {Now listen closely, so poor Akari won't have to repeat herself to you more than once, musclehead. What the musclehead needs to do is...} she gestured towards the Ho-oh statue's open beak, {Feed the big bird. That's all there is to it. Now Akari shall wait here and see how long it takes for the meanie musclehead to figure it out.}

The Murkrow cackled for herself in a contented way as she fluttered back up onto the highest point of the Ho-oh statue's head, watching Maxie with a bemused look.

Random Plushie

Yes, it is a sheep
    Years
    OOC:

Do not fret Alter, for Plushie's weekday computer time has completely blown out the window as well. Although that has to be a bit obvious by now. ^_^ I have next Thursday and Friday off, though, so I'll post this weekend, then hang in there 'till then.

Oh, and before Plushie forgets.. I am very, very happy! Yes, very happy because I got a solo in Band~! ^___________^ Yesh, me solo is the first part of the song "Oh Come All Ye Faithful" and it so made my day when lots of people told me I did a good job. ^______________^

I know it probably doesn't seem like much but it sure does make Plushie happy.

Yay for Blue Rescue Team, solos, and getting new puppies~!

IC:

Kayley's concentration was practically scattered to the winds at Hazy's Screech, and suddenly everything seemed to be weighing down on her mind again. Questions, thoughts, memories.. She watched as Rai went toward the window, her mind buzzing. Why is Fang here..? Why is it suddenly so hard to focus..? Should I leave and go to sleep..? Would it be wrong to leave now..? Why did it bother me so much to see Fang like that..?

She felt something tap on her foot, to find that it was Fishy, who moments ago had left his seat in her arms. From the look on his face, and the way he seemed to be mumbling under his breath, Hazy's Screech had displeased him. Seeing him like that, Kayley's thoughts cleared a bit, so she could sort out the words to say to him.

"Hang in there.." she whispered, the stiffness absent from her voice once more. She glanced toward the window again, seeing Rai trying to question Fang. "We need to find out more about.. Maxie and Fang." Briefly, Kayley frowned. What little she had with words seemed to have left her in her current state of mind. She looked back towards the others, feeling Fishy slump onto her foot, for some reason or other.

{..Well, hopefully Fang can still hear Rai's questions after that.} She heard Fishy mumble.

Meanwhile, Hazy had returned to her normal size, grinning from.. well, she didn't really have any ears. Drifting from side to side in the air, it seemed that the Screech had actually pumped up her energy.

{Any time.} Hazy chirped at Fang's comment. The ghost's eyes were quick, darting from the window pane to Fang to Kaika. She seemed to want to say something more, but she chose not to.

Charon

unscrupulous~
    Years
    {ooc| Congrats on the puppy, Alter! What does he/she look like? Post photos! Puppies are so adorable and lovely... *squeeing sound*
    One of my sister's friends got a dalmation puppy, called 'Dolly', and I've been asked if I'll walk her with Harvey quite a few times now... I'm really worried that the family isn't taking proper care of her. When I got Harvey I walked him aaaall the time, and still do, so I find it kind of odd that they're asking their daughter's friend's sister to take her out, rather than doing it themselves. I mean, Dolly's well-behaved and what not.
    Oh, and well done Plush! That's great! I didn't get a solo in my school's concert, this grade 28948758757 girl did. ¬¬; No, seriously, she's ridiculously good. I reckon she's got a chip in her brain or something, she does nothing but play the piano. And no, I'm not jealous *green*}

Fang bit his lip, and fluttered in the window. Once inside, he latched his tails around a ladder rung of the bunk bed and hung upside down. He was silent for a moment or two, just long enough to catch his breath and calm his nerves. Only then did he start to answer Rai's question. Fishy didn't have to worry; Fang's acute ears rarely missed a beat.

{She's...} he paused, wondering where to start. Then he realised; Rai was only asking for a location. That wasn't hard to answer at all. He cast a glance at Fishy and Kaika, hoping they'd be able to translate. {She's in a town... not far from here. Called -----. She's helping some guy dressed like a ponce get back his sigil.}

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Maxie smiled to herself as the wry-eyed bird took her offering. Once she found Akari's sigil, she could take off, no problem. What was one Murkrow against her? There was no way Akari could force Maxie out of her side of the deal. She was abot to congratulate herself when the murkrow squawked some sort of clue, and departed.
    "What?" Maxie yelped, "'Feed the bird'?" her mind flashed back, rather irrationally, to Mary Poppins and that old lady who wanted a tuppence. Whatever the hell that was. Maxie had never really been an educated child, and she had found the whole film rather stupid and confusing, with lots of old words and whatnot. She had-
    Back on task, Maxie! she thought angrily.
    Feed the bird... she gazed up at the open mouth. Sounded easy enough, but with what?

"Go, Minerva!" she released her Sneasel, who bowed repeatedly.
    {Can I help?}
    "Climb up to that bird's mouth. Check it out. Tell me if there are any....slots or anything..."
    {May I ask why?}
    "No."

Grumbling, Minerva began to scale the statue, her nimble body carrying her high.

{ooc| I do not share Maxie's opinion on Mary Poppins. I watch it every Christmas. I am sad like that. Also I forgot the name of the city. I'll add it in when my brain's working.}

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
    Years
    OOC: Nyah, thankies. I'll get pictures as soon as someone takes them (I'm a complete klutz with the camera), but it's a she, a german shepherd like our old doggie, with almost completely black fur (There's a little bit of brown around her paws) and these adorably dark eyes. She's different than our old one, definitely, but still cute. ^^

Oh, and congrats on your solo performrance, Plushie. That's the kind of thing I could never aspire to in music, myself. I'm a bit too much of a constant amateur, I'm afraid. :embarrass

By the way, Charon, the city is called Koverike. When in doubt, check past posts. ^^

IC:

"Umm..." Rai listened to Fang's screeching for a moment in a vain attempt to comprehend something before casting a glance at Kayley, "Could you translate, please?". No doubt Kaika could understand the Zubat, but the boy highly doubted his ability to comprehend what the Vulpix was saying. Sure, he had no problem comprehending what the fox was trying to get through with the way he was currently staring down Hazy, but that was hardly the same as comprehending the actual words, and he wasn't about to risk misinterpretation with information this important.

{The musclehead is quicker than I thought.} Akari remarked nonchalantly from her perch on top of the statue, looking continuously bemused as she watched Minerva ascend the rather sizeable piece of art the hard way. Well, not that climbing was that hard with such sizeable claws, but still, {But is she prepared for what's inside? Akari doubts it.} she let out another mischievous cackle, as if she had just pulled an ingenious prank on Maxie without the girl even comprehending it.

'Just a bit further...' the Murkrow mused as Minerva reached the beak, just a bit further and the mechanism within would notice the pressure applied and act accordingly, brining up the secret elevator on the tall gym tower's wall. It had been installed there under the pretense of 'maintenance purposes', in fact, Mesmer had even charged for it, which told a thing or two about the NK's opinion about authority figures...or at least the intelligence of Koverike's gym leader and the fact that this back door was still secret quite effectively confirmed them to be correct.

Random Plushie

Yes, it is a sheep
    Years
    OOC:

Thank you! ^o^ Although I certainly hope there isn't any chip in my brain. xD But still, sowwy about that, Charon. You should have told your conductor to share the love. xD Seriously though, our conductor usually gives out more than one solo so that more people get a chance. I just got lucky enough to get one. ^^

Aw, and you guys are so lucky to have such nice dogs. Where I live, it's always hot and dry, with a slim chance for rain. Definitely not a nice place for a doggie to live, oh no, and even then, we're never home so if we had any doggies, they would be very lonely indeed. That's why we just have our fishies. x3

So congrats on all the lovely pets you guys. ^^

IC:

Hazy seemed to lose the beat of her mid-air swaying, slowly beginning to fidget more and more. Now that she wasn't doing anything, the nagging feeling from inside was bothering her. Perhaps it was the stare of that little Vulpix. Yes, he had given her quite a scare in the morning, hadn't he, the little pixie? Briefly, Hazy wondered how Kaika would react if she were to call him a pixie. Probably negatively. She decided not to call him a pixie to his face. But all the while she still had a weird feeling inside.

Meanwhile..

Fishy instantly lost his 'droopy' expression, his eyes twinkling when Rai requested a translation. Oh happy day, he was thinking. How he loved being involved and relied on. It really did beat sitting on the floor yearning for attention any day. With much energy, the little Mud Fish began bouncing up and down on Kayley's foot, to get her full attention.

{Kay-Kay! Kay-Kay!} Fishy chirped, wagging his tail a bit for more effect. {Tell Rai-Rai that Maxie is in Kov-er-ike City!} He had dragged out the name of the city purposefully, so that Kayley wouldn't miss the name. But he wouldn't let her know that. He just grinned, from ear to ear.

Kayley didn't nod, instead deciding to hurry up and relay the translation before she forgot what she was supposed to say. After all, she was overly tired and that dreadful fog was coming back into her head again.

"Rai, Maxie's in Kov-er-ike City." She said, exactly how she had been told.

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
    Years
    {What-what is you staring at, mean ghostie?!} Kaika demanded, his eyes narrowing slightly as he noticed the look Hazy was giving him, {You is planings something against poor Kaika, isn'ts you?! You is planings to scare someone again! Kaika wills-}

"Umm...Kaika?" Rai interjected, deciding to grab a hold of the Vulpix as the fox pokémon started advancing towards Hazy, "Maybe you'd like to go back to resting in your pokéball?"

{But Raaaai!} the Vulpix whined, flailing a bit in objection, {The meanie ghostie bes tryings something! Kaika knowings it!}

"Look..." the boy replied, still maintaining his grip even though he hadn't understood a word of what the little fox had just said, "Hazy...she's part of our group, whether you like it or not. So you two will have to try getting along, allright?"

{But-} Kaika insisted for a moment, but then sighed in forfeit, {Fine, Kaika guessings.} he glared at the Ghastly a while more, {But just so you knowings, meanie ghostie, Kaika bes keepings his eye on you.}

"I guess that's the best we can do with those two for now." Rai remarked as he let the grumbling Vulpix down again, which just so happened to be the same time that Kayley provided the translation: another foreign town he had never heard of, or...

"Wait." the boy said, "Isn't Koverike...isn't Koverike City where Amelia said she was going?" he nodded for himself, relieved that, at the very least, this puzzle wouldn't be too hard to solve, "So all we'll have to do is to ask her for directions to-morrow." he had to stiffle a yawn at the last word, "Maybe it's time we got some sleep." the boy suggested, "We'll probably have to wake up early and we need to be well-rested." he paused, just remembering that Fang was still in the room, "Oh, and Fang." he added, "You should rest here tonight. We'll get you back to Maxie to-" another yawn tried to fight its way through but the boy stiffled it again, "-tomorrow."

Ibuberu

prepare yourself pls
    Years
    Jena stood silently, swaying back and forth like her usual habit. She could barely make out the conversation between Mudkip and Zubat along with Vulpix and Gastly. Honestly, she didn't really understand any of the going ons, though the name 'Koverike' did ring a bell somewhere. But the ring was a very muffled one, due to the grogginess of her mind. The girl shook her head, rubbing one eye as it decided to shut for a short 'rest'.

"Ehhh... Great idea, the best one all night-"Jena would have smiled if not for the yawn, at Rai's suggestion of sleep. The thought of having to wake up early however, it seemed to irritate her quite a bit, and the girl made no effort to replace the smile with a small frown for a few moments. She shook it off soon after, remembering that Maxie was going to be in the city, wasting no time to make her way over to the door of the room.

The Coordinator opened the door, proceeding to lean against the hinge to wait for Kayley and Fishy, allowing her eyelids to close half way. At that moment, another thought struck her.

".... I remember that I need to help Silver take her things...."she mumbled, glancing around the room for anything that seemed out of the ordinary for two young boys to own.

OOc-

Now I feel tired too... guess I'm off to sleep. -.-
    Anyways, yey for doggies! Though I also only have nice fishys as pets, the same reasons as Plushie, including the fact that I don't think I'd be a very good owner. What with me and my tendency to forget things in a flash. ^^;;

Charon

unscrupulous~
    Years
    "Just a bit further," Maxie called up to Minerva, "Look for a...switch or something."
    The sneasel was on the edge of the beak now, peering in. She screwed up her face in concentration, and crawled inside. For a moment, nothing. Then the tongue she was standing on shifted, and there was a satisfying clunk as the mechanism moved.
    {Found it!} Minerva called down, and began her descent, {The switch was the tongue!}
    "Good work, Mins!" Maxie replied. More hissing and creaking of machinery, and then.... "A door!" Maxie exclaimed, as an elevator appeared on the Gym Tower's wall. Minerva jumped down the last few inches and landed on the floor beside Maxie. She squinted in suspicion.
    {You going in? Doesn't look safe....} she said snidely.
    "I'm going in." She walked over and opened the door at the push of the button. Cautiously, she stepped inside.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Fang yawned. {Very well,} he sighed, {but first thing in the morning...?}

Random Plushie

Yes, it is a sheep
    Years
    OOC:

Reading about yawning is making Plushie sleepy at 2 pm..

IC:

Hazy quite enjoyed getting a reaction from Kaika, which was mostly because mischief was a staple part of the Ghastly diet. She especially enjoyed it since she hadn't really done anything, save for looking at him. But, she supposed she shouldn't do anything rash to get an even better reaction. After all, that little fox had quite the set of teeth, didn't he? Yes, he did.

Hazy chuckled to herself, but then found that there wasn't much else to think about. Sure, there was getting out to see the world with this bunch of Trainers and such to look forward to, but now wasn't really the time for it. The Ghastly stopped laughing silently to herself, finding that the creeping sensation from earlier was coming back to her. Swiftly, she darted through the window and across the room to Kayley.

{N-Night.} Hazy stammered, before instantly jumping back into her Pokeball of her own accord, which Kayley still held in her hand. This, of course, immediately caught Kayley's wandering attention.

"Whoa. Strange. Goodnight, Hazy." She said, blinking a few times before storing the Pokeball in a safe place inside her sling bag. "And.. and I need sleep.. too.." Kayley continued, watching the others yawn at Rai's suggestion of sleep. "Goodnight.. folks."

Kayley waved toward Rai, Kaika and Fang tiredly before turning around and practically dragging herself out the door in fatigue, following Jena. Fishy, noticing his Trainer's absense, quickly made way for the door himself.

{Hearing everybody yawn is not good for my attention span!} Fishy yelled, as he came upon the exit to the boy's room. {Goodnight, all!}

And with that, he followed Kayley and Jena into the other room.

Outside, the wind was picking up again.

Howling..

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
    Years
    OOC: Oooh...ominous, Plushie, very ominous. xD Seriously, though, I'm interested to see where this creepy Shedinja-girl subplot will take us. ^-^

IC:

"Good night." Rai replied as Kayley announced that she was going to bed and consequently left the room. Granted, the way Hazy just darted back into her pokéball was odd, but the boy wasn't really in the mood to contemplate further on that particular oddity, in fact, the only thing he really wanted to contemplate on right now was a nice, long sleep. With all the happenings, it was probably already past midnight. Even Kaika seemed to be giving in to the fatigue, not even managing a proper remark about Hazy's dissappearance as he curled up on the small table, tucking his head under his many small tails, "Well..." Rai remarked, "...I guess that's it for-"

"Oh, right..." the boy mumbled at Jena's comment, shaking his head a bit in an attempt to clear out most of the fuzziness that recided in his mind, "...Silver's things...I'll help you find them, just a moment..." he wandered over to the girl's unoccupied bed, beginning to bunch together the objects that most probably belonged to the girl. It wasn't really all that difficult considering that the other occupants of the room had been Zachary and Maxie, and soon he had managed to gather up a stack of what he hoped was the remainder of Silver's possessions, handing it over to Jena.

"Here you go." Rai said sleepily, finding it increasingly difficult to focus on anything, "If there's anything else, tell Silver that she can come and get it in the morning, okay?" he gave the girl a tired smile, "Oh, and good night to you too."

OOC: By the way, Rai having failed to collect some important possession of Silver's could be a nice way to get a bit of development on her past in (E.g. Something she's emotionally attached to being left in the room and her freaking out about it (Or whatever)), so if Flissie will be in a condition to post in the foreseeable future that might be something to remember. It just struck me that she's been gone for a loooooong time. o.o Oh, and Charon. The elevator leads down to a simple, well-lit corridor network (Plenty of doors around (most of them locked) and very little decoration as it's meant to disorient intruders) so you can just build on that and I'll make something happen after your next post, m'kay? ^^

Ibuberu

prepare yourself pls
    Years
    OOc-

I'll make a note to tell Flissi that when I pass her the summary I'm writing up for her then...

IC-

Jena let Kayley and Fishy pass her before walking into the room once again, she was far too tired to notice much of anything really. She blinked as Rai collected all of what seemed like Silver's belongings and passed them to her. She accepted them with both hands, tucking the objects underneath one arm and using the free hand to hold the doorknob. She would have scanned the room just to make sure that everything was taken, but... "Ehh, come back in the morning... right..."the little voice in her head agreed wholeheartedly with Rai's idea.

"Ehhh... Good night then,"she yawned once more before closing the door behind her. The walk over to the room beside her seemed to tire her more than ever as she carefully placed the Silver's belongings on Rai's empty bed, unclipping the strap of her bag and tossing it onto her own.

"Umm... I'll.. leave the door unlocked.. for Silver.."Jena was talking to Kayley, though she didn't have the faintest idea where the girl was, deciding to leave the lights on as she shut the door.

The Coordinator wandered over to her bed as her eyes closed, she absentmindedly detached her pokeballs from her wristband, placing them on the nightstand beside her bed. She took off her boots to reveal a pair of plain black socks, setting them underneath the nightstand and nearly toppling off the bed in the process.

As she pushed her bag to one side of the bed and her head touched the pillow, Jena finally felt the grogginess fading away. She pulled the covers over herself, "Good night, Kayl...."she didn't finish her sentence as she finally fell into a deep sleep.

OOc-

Yes, writing about sleep makes you tired at 10am. XD

Random Plushie

Yes, it is a sheep
    Years
    OOC:

Free time! ^o^

Oh, and sorry if this post is blah-ish. My concert is tomorrow and my stress and nervousness is kind of bothering me. Thought I'd apologize in advance if it showed in my post. x3

Quote of the Day;

"Don't you find it a bit unsettling that our best scientists and inventors put a man on the moon before they figured it was a good idea to put wheels on luggage?"

IC:

Fishy got to the bed first. He moved so fast, one could hardly tell that he was rushing to go to sleep. Kayley watched as he began settling into one of the pillows, which had been placed on the bed perfectly. Even the bed's covers had been remade, although Kayley didn't remember making the bed. If it hadn't been her, it had probably been a housekeeper.

Well, Kayley was actually having a bit of trouble remembering anything at the moment. Sleep clouds entered her mind and blurred her vision, accompanying her fatigue as she made her way toward the bed that Fishy had chosen. Quickly, Kayley set her bag and case on the floor, eager to be rid of their extra weight. She barely heard Jena's comments about Silver's things.

Not even bothering to turn the lights off, Kayley wearily fell into the bed after removing her shoes, instantly comforted by its overwhelming softness. She heard Fishy mumble a quick good-night, but she had fallen asleep before she could give him a response.

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
    Years
    OOC: *Sneaks in*

Yish, I'm still alive. SURPRISE! ^___^ Anyway, I've just gone through a major writer's block (At least I hope I got through it, I would hate to find that it's still clinging to my hand or mind somewhere @.@) and the puppy really doesn't give us a moment of peace. She's cute and lovable...when she's too tired to wander about the house responding to calls of nature everywhere, biting everything that moves (And most of the stuff that doesn't) and general pestering everyone. *Sigh* I wish our puppy was a bit less energetic... -.- I'd have piccies of her too, but the files are too darn big, and I can't get enough resizing done. ;___; Stupid attachment restrictions. >.<

Incidentally, am I the only one who noticed that it was Melissa's birthday a few days back? Hope she had a good one wherever she is...and that she'll get back online around Christmas at least. One can always hope, yes? If any of you can think of a way to contact her, please do it, m'kay? Although I'm sure I don't need to tell you that.

Oh, and Plushie, that post looks just fine to me, hope that stress lets up after the concert. ^^

Anyways, it's time to post an...

IC:

'Done...finally done...' there wasn't much else Rai could think of when Jena had left as well, finally leaving the room in its previous state of peacefulness. There were still many questions left unanswered, of course, particularly how Fang had wound up so far away from Maxie. After all, the Zubat was usually following his trainer like a shadow, and vice versa. There definitely had to be a reason for the two to be apart, but at the moment, Rai was too tired to bother thinking about it, or even properly acknowledging the issue. Instead, he dragged himself over to the bed, casting a slightly envious glance at Zachary, who seemed to have blissfuly slept through the whole racket, as he made his way into his own bed, not even acknowledging the countless discomforts from before as a deep, pleasantly empty sleep overcame him, the boy drifting off before he had even put the cover on properly.

OOC: Yeah...not much I can do now 'cept for a 'going-to-sleep' postie, seeing as how Maxie isn't moving yet. Oh well...

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back