• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Showgan -- Standing On Edge (Invitational)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Random Plushie

Yes, it is a sheep
    Years
    OOC:

Phwee, the concert went really well. ^^ I don't know what I was worrying about. But what made it really great was the hugs from.. a lot of people. Plushie likes hugs. ^____^ And chocolate.

So yes, now Plushie is not stressed, and can post something.

Also, I do hope that Melissa is having a Happy Birthday as well. And don't worry about your puppy, Alter, 'tis normal for puppies to be energetic. Or at least, that's the case with all the puppies I've seen.

..yeah, I should shut up, because I'm no expert. xD

And now, we have foreshadowing..

IC:

Somewhere on Route 204, Azure Town -- Koverike City

No one ever visited the Azure Forest Graveyard. It was a lonely place, consisting of the one-room house of the gravekeeper, and the headstones that marked the final resting places of countless citizens from both Azure Town and Koverike City. Someone had planted small trees and flowers near some of the graves in an attempt to give the place some cheer, but aside from that, there was hardly a reason to so much as glance at the graveyard.

Now, in the light of the moon and the fog of night, the graveyard seemed as dull and listless as ever. The only thing that seemed out of place was the Ghost Pokemon that were trickling out of the forest across the way, all of them crossing the dirt path that seperated the woods from the graveyard before they passed through its old iron gates. Shuppet, Misdreavus, and Sableye.. whatever Ghost Pokemon you could think of, they were coming out of that forest and going to the graveyard, gathering silently at the largest headstone near the house of the gravekeeper.

It was at this headstone that a Shedinja floated, pretending to be interested in the large letters imprinted on the headstone while he waited for all of the Ghosts to gather. Youki Hataraki.. That's what the headstone said, and he had read that name a good number of times in the past. By far, it was the most well-kept grave in the area, but the Shedinja would not have the time to really think about it tonight. No, he had something important to say.

Shedinja cleared his throat, and waited a few moments for the other Ghost-types to settle down, and watched as they slowly decided to give him their attention. If he had had the means, he would have grinned smugly as he surveyed the small crowd of Pokemon. As he had expected, no Ghosts of the Ghastly evolution line had answered his call.

{Thank you, thank you..} Shedinja began, his cold, inhuman voice cutting through the silence. The other Ghosts squirmed in their places when his gaze passed over them. {I must say, I greatly appreciate your arrival, my brothers and sisters. But I shan't be one to beat around the bush.. I will get down to business immediately.}

He paused, and none said a word as the Shedinja stared intently at the crowd, as if he were making sure that all were listening. A few of the other Ghosts cast hesitant glances at one another, but remained silent and waited for Shedinja to continue. No one so much as dared to make a comment on how his pause had contradicted his last sentence.

{As you know, the little girl who lives here is a very..} He paused, as if searching for the right words. {..troubled child.}

He paused again, as if he were daring someone to make something of his statement, but no interruptions came. The Ghosts around him watched intently with wide eyes, some shifting back and forth in the air. The silence seemed to swell as the tension rose.

{But you also know that I feel that this child is very important, the reasoning of which is apparent to all of you.} Shedinja continued, eyeing the others briefly. {Therefore, I feel that it is necessary for everyone present to assist her in any way possible in achieving her goals and.. dreams. At the moment, Doru-chan desires.. human companionship..} He trailed off.

Again, no one dared interject. After a few moments of silence, Shedinja cleared his throat and continued with his 'speech.'

{R-Reaching this goal is likely to be time-consuming, you must understand.} His eerie voice seemed to be struggling not to reveal any emotion. {Therefore, Doru-chan will not be able to care for the graves here, especially if gaining human.. friends.. requires her absence from this place for a long period of time.} Now, Shedinja seemed to be in control again. {This is the part where all of you come in. While Doru and I are away, I ask that all of you keep the graveyard in order.}

Many of the Ghosts around Shedinja cast uneasy glances between one another. Still, they did not speak, but an unsettled feeling seemed to fall onto the graveyard. Shedinja ignored them.

{I know this may not be very convenient or easy, but I must insist that the graves be cared for in our absence.} Shedinja said, his tone darkening. He could practically feel the other Ghosts shudder. {Do everything you can to make this place look pleasant and honourable.} Shedinja hissed, his words harsh and forceful. {Starting tomorrow, I shall leave this graveyard in your.. capable.. hands..} He paused, and all would have held their breath if they had been breathing.

{That is all I have to say. You are dismissed.}

And then there was silence.

Last edited:

Charon

unscrupulous~
    Years
    {ooc| Argh. Sorry guys. Our mock exams finished and me and my friends and a weekend and a half of non-stop... laziness, really. We all went to each other's and had a four day movie marathon. Then went to see Borat. Oh dear.}

The elevator took them up countless floors in an instant; before Maxie new it, the elevator gave a quiet chime and the door slid open. Minerva leapt up and clambered nimbly on to her trainer's shoulder, as Maxie braced herself and stepped into the corridor. It was deserted.

"What an anti-climax..." Maxie mumbled. The corridor was brightly lit and strangely inviting. Both trainer and pokemon glanced up and down, seeing nothing but bare, neutral walls and plain oak doors.
    {Try one,} Minerva offered, {they might be the next...'clue'.}
    Maxie did as she was told, stepping over and jiggling the handle of the door opposite. Nothing happened.

{ooc| what happened to Mel?}

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
    Years
    OOC: Nyah, sorry if this post kind of sucks. I'm typing on a school comp and it might crash if I get too verbose. Stupid school comps...<.<

IC:

As Rai slept on, blissfuly unaware, there was motion in the Koverike City base. Specifically, there was motion in the direction of the hallway Maxie was in, the entrance hallway to be specific, although truth to be told it wasn't particularly easy to tell the hallways apart. In fact, they had been designed precisely to prevent people from doing just that, and consequently, having trainers patrol the veritable maze of identical hallways had turned out to be not only expensive resource-wise but also defficient as most team members didn't know their way around any better than the intruders.

Navigating such hallways required an uncanny sense of direction...or a psychic sense, the latter of which, it turned out, was precisely what the Neon Knights had decided to employ, which was why the NK base was filled to the brim with...Chimecho, as it turned out that the only thing that the wind chime pokémon liked more than chiming was to make new friends.

"Chii!" one of these little sentries - specifically the one in charge of the main hallway - couldn't resist squealing, even though it was technically a bad thing for a security system to do, giggling for itself as the sound briefly rebounded from the walls.

{3 AM and everything is A-Okay!} the creature proclaimed happily, rounding another corner. Just one more and he would be at the entrance.

Random Plushie

Yes, it is a sheep
    Years
    OOC:

Hey now, I can't just let this RP waste away to the bottom of the page.

Besides, I needed to say.. Alter, you think you have puppy problems?

Take a look at this Christmas card that I got from a friend who lives far away. I thought it might give you a little boost to know that you aren't the only one going through the hardships of puppy ownership. xD

Aren't those cute faces worth a pure OOC? xD

Charon

unscrupulous~
    Years
    {It's my birthday on Saturday. I'm having a huuuge party on Friday night, then going to Germany on Monday night for two days. I'm so excited! Gosh, Alter, I'm so sorry I'm so bad at posting. I need to get back into the swing of things...}

Chiiiiiii!
    Both girl and pokemon glanced up from the door, taken by surprise.
    "What was-?" Maxie began, but something was already rounding the corner.

If there was one thing Maxie hadn't expected to see down an empty, disorientating corridor, it was a white chiming...lantern with a bobble on top. The girl assumed it was some sort of pokemon, left to patrol, but she had never come across this paticular specie before. It was cute, but small and rather fragile-looking. It didn't look like much of a guard.
    Much to Maxie's surprise, Minerva sprung up suddenly and leapt in front of her trainer, weilding her claws with shinobi-like prowess.
    "What is it?" Maxie asked, uncertain.

{It's a Chimecho. Psycic type. Shall I dispatch it?} Her reply was cold. It sounded almost mechanised.

"No," Maxie said quickly, taking herself by surprise, "I mean, not yet." It was a tiny little thing and looked entirely harmless. Minerva had type advantage anyway; the girl couldn't see any real reason for her pokemon to 'dispatch' this stranger - innocent until proven guilty, right? "Wait until it attacks, or goes for help, or something," she added, embarressed by her own softness.

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
    Years
    OOC: Nyah, I concede, Plushie, if those puppies are even half as active as ours then your friend has me beat in puppy problems. And yes, those adorable little faces are definitely worth a pure OOC. ^-^ Oh, and your birthday is next Saturday, Charon? Got to remember that. It means we have a reason to celebrate. ^^ Don't worry about the posting thing, I haven't really been that active myself (Will probably improve a bit after tommorrow's Astrophysics exam...and the lab reports. I do need to get some written up before Christmas.). Bleah, Astrophysics can be such a drag...all those terms...and the practice exams not agreeing with the book and calling Red Giants main sequence stars...*Pfiffle* they're all bloody gas balls to me. <.<

IC:

Meanwhile, the Chimecho in the NK base remained blissfuly unaware of the surprise he had caused, continuing to float down the hallway, busily humming as it tried to make up a new song for itself.

{Float float float yourself down the hall. If you see intru-u-ders, don't forget to call!} he giggled contentedly, despite the fact that the lyrics still needed a lot of work, continuing his merry treck down the halls until...the little Chimecho's eyes widened at the sight of Maxie and Minerva and a pleasant smile creeping up on his features.

{Helloes!} the creature chimed innocently, {Are you vistiors? Password please.}

Charon

unscrupulous~
    Years
    {omg, only....
    TWO DAYS
    until Christmas, when I am getting my laptop from my Mum and Dad (you guys will see so much more of me after that) and Pokemon Dungeon from my Granny~! I'm so excited! For my birthday I got a trip to Germany, but nothing from my folks as my laptop is so expensive xD This year is so awesome.}

Maxie and Minerva exchanged glances.
    {Is it... a guard?}
    "Apparently so."
    Maxie had expected to meat something far more... menacing... lurking in the corridors of such a place, not this apparently harmless, rather adorable little bubble. Maxie had no real fondness for psycic types, but she was a girl, after all, and those little button eyes...

{Max-ie,} Minerva hissed, annoyed, {do something. Say something.}

Maxie cast the Chimecho a sideways glance. "Do I get a few guesses?" she didn't wait for an answer, "might as well make a stab at it. The password's... um... Ho-oh."

{That is SO stupid,} Minerva reprimanded her, {you might as well try 'password' or 'chimecho'!} She frowned angrily.

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
    Years
    {Password correct!} the Chimecho giggled, seemingly oblivious to the sarcasm in Minerva's voice, {It's a trick, see? I just asked for password, not a password password, you know. Wasn't that fun?} the wind chime pokémon grinned happily, {But you've got bussiness here, yes? Always big bussiness. I'll get no free chiming time if I interrupt any more of the big bussiness. Where do the visitors want to go? What do the visitors want to do? Does it involve chiming?} the psychic type looked Maxie and Minerva over hopefully at the last question, {I'm very good at chiming. Do you want to hear?}

Charon

unscrupulous~
    Years
    {ooc| Alter's new rp looks cool... *sigh* I shan't be joining. I can't be trusted with posting regularily, and it's jsut not fair on the others.}

Maxie gazed at her pokemon in awe.
    "I owe you own, Min," Maxie mumbled, before turning back to the Chimecho. Minerva quickly translated the psycic type's speech for her. In all honesty, Maxie was baffled by their current situation. She had business, but of what sort, she wasn't sure. Did running errands for a squawking black feather-ball count as big business? Maxie doubted it.

Minerva covered her ears at the Chimecho's question. {No more chiming, please! Gives me a headache, it does...} she turned to Maxie. {Ask it some questions. I haven't got a CLUE what this place is.}

"Yeah," Maxie began, adressing the Chimecho, "what actually IS this place? It's very odd. We do have business," she added finally.

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
    Years
    OOC: In accordance with the pwnsome rescue plot, Showgan rises again! xO

By my RP master powers this page is now dedicated to those from the Showgan gang who aren't with us, for one reason or the other.

IC:

Rai's night was hardly a pleasant one. Despite the deep exhaustion that had led him to sleep the previous night, he had not been safe from the restless dreams that his thoughts persistently generated, tossing and turning as images and sounds flashed before his senses, scenes of Maxie's sudden departure, of running after obscure, departing shapes in the dark but never managing to catch them, of people from his past...family, mentors, friends...all turning their backs on him in shame, and most strikingly a scene of him waking up in the pokemon center room all alone, his newfound friends all gone...perhaps he wouldn't have found this so troubling if it weren't for the fact that the last scene persisted even after he woke up.

The boy blinked for a few times, staring in bewilderment at the messy room - come to think of it, it looked even more messed up than before - completely devoid of people except himself. 'Don't be silly...' he told himself, rubbing his temples in an attempt to banish the drowsiness, 'Zachary's probably just using the bathroom...he'll be back any moment and-'

His internal monologue was suddenly interrupted by what had probably woken him up in the first place; a firm, if somewhat hasty, knock on the door.

"Coming..." Rai mumbled, slipping out of bed and trying to gather his composure as best he could before he walked over to the door and pulled it open, revealing a decidedly haunted-looking trainee on the other side. To top it all, this was a trainee he knew. After all, there weren't that many trainees in the Azure Town pokemon center who would jump back like that in response to something as simple as the fast opening of a door.

"Oh, Rai, thank goodness." Amelia mumbled, relief flooding over her features, "Zachary must be allright too, then. I'm...so sorry to bother you..." she added, noting Rai's attire and timidly shifting her eyes to the floor, "It's just that when I heard what happened I was afraid that Zachary might have-"

"'What happened'?" the boy echoed, not liking Amelia's ominous tone at all, "Did something happen here?"

Last edited:

Ibuberu

prepare yourself pls
    Years
    OOc-

Yes indeed, may they all be safe and having fun, wherever they are. XD

I bought a birthday cake for my friend the other day, but she ate like, one small piece and left me and three other hardcore, enthusiastic friends to finish the rest. Beyond that indifferent and somewhat silent personality of hers, I'm sure she's weeping tears of joy.. XD

IC-

Sleep was a strange thing, sometimes, it would drag on for what seemed like forever, blurry visions of figures and creatures painted a thousand shades of colours prancing about in a dream. While at others, one would just experience a period of blank darkness, a fleeting moment of silence before breaking out of slumber. For Jena, she couldn't help but prefer colourful, slow moving dreams to dark visions that flash by. It was sad however, that the girl was made to contend with a brief moment of nothingness, before being brought out of sleep.

Jena opened one groggy eye, returning to her conscious state as she realised, while slowly sitting up, that the lights of the room were still on. The girl yawned once, hearing the knocking of a door followed by muffled voices making conversation outside. The Coordinator gradually shifted her tired gaze to Silver's bed. Only to see that there was no sign of it having been slept in.

The girl quickly snapped out of her previously sleepy self, pushing the covers off and rushing over to Silver's untouched belongings on the bed. Jena clasped the side of her head with one shaky hand, discomfort filling her to the brim.

"Ehhh, Kayley.. Kayley.."the black haired female repeated her friend's name twice, though deciding not to raise her voice in fear that this could all be some sort of trick that Silver was playing. She bit her lip anxiously, thoughts of what could've happened to her younger companion forming in her mind.

Random Plushie

Yes, it is a sheep
    Years
    OOC:

Ah.. I hope my Kayley RPing isn't all rusty. xD

IC:

It was a cloud.

And it was soft.

So soft, in fact, that clinging to it brought down a feeling of pure joy upon her entire being. She was floating, with her cloud of precious feelings, floating. Up in the sky, she was, moving through the air with her cloud like a bubble drifting on an endless breeze. Far below, Kayley could see a grand forest, stretching onward to the edge of the horizon. She could see it all from the sky, every tree and every meadow, never releasing the softest cloud in the world from her embrace. Sighing with gladness, she buried her nose into the wonderful fluff, enjoying the cool touch of the cloud against her skin. She could float forever.

"Ehhh, Kayley.. Kayley.."

At the sudden sound of a new voice, Kayley gasped, drawing her face away from the cloud to find that it had somehow developed a mouth. Horror enveloped her at the terrifying sight, and the girl let out a scream as the softest cloud in the world wiggled and squirmed in her grasp, growing bigger and bigger with every move. "Ehhh, Kayley.. Kayley.." The cloud repeated, its horrid mouth stretching and stretching until finally it was threatening to swallow her whole!

When at last, Kayley was left breathless at the end of her scream, the girl suddenly found herself in a bed, instead of drifting with a cloud in the sky. Frightened, she sat up quickly, then scanned the room in a sort of panic, her real memories taking a few moments to come back to her. I.. I'm in Azure Town.. yes.. Kayley's mind scrambled to and fro, collecting memories as they came back to her. I'm traveling now. I'm traveling. I'm in the Showgan League. And that's Jena, right there.

Kayley heaved a great sigh at the sight of a familiar person. "Oh, Jena.. it tried to eat me, it did." She said, rubbing her arms with her hands to get rid of her shaking. Turning away from the other girl, Kayley looked down at the pillow next to her, finding that Fishy was there, as she expected, just waking from his sleep.

{Whoa.. did someone just say something?} the Mud Fish spoke slowly, the grogginess of sleep still holding him in place. {Ugh.. the light's on.. why?} Kayley raised an eyebrow at his last statement, forgetting about waking him up completely to turn around and see if it was true. There, beyond where Jena stood, the lamp was indeed on.

"Was that on all night?" Kayley asked, focusing back on Jena. Already, she was asking questions, as if she had completely forgotten about her nightmare. "Huh? Jena, you all right?" Now that she was looking properly, Kayley noticed.. that Jena's expression seemed haunted. Worried. The other girl was standing next to an empty bed, upon which sat an untouched pile of stuff. Silver's stuff..?

"J-Jena..?" Kayley began, the horrid feeling that she had felt just moments ago coming back to her. "Did Silver.. Did she even come back last night? Her stuff.." Feeling the terror creeping up her spine, Kayley forced herself to look away from Silver's bed, her gaze landing on the wall near the door to the room. Kayley blinked, rubbing her eyes before looking again. That huge tear in the wallpaper.. when did that get there? She scanned the room a second time, her hair falling into her eyes a bit. Who knocked over those flowers? Why is that chair overturned? This room is a mess..

Last edited:

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
    Years
    Gone...gone just like that?

Rai just couldn't grasp it, despite the large amount of diplomacy and coaxing it had taken to get that information out of the shocke Amelia. Fortunately the girl had gathered her sense relatively fast and already ran ahead to inform Gwendolyn. The boy himself had more pressing matters to attend to. Specifically, ensuring the safety of his remaining friends.

Dashing across the halls, after having pulled on the usual white shirt and black trousers with unusual haste, Rai quite quickly noticed that he wasn't the only one with similar concerns. The hallways were filled with people: trainers rushing back and forth calling out names, trainees trying to calm them down, a little boy running about and hysterically declaring that one Oddish was missing...with the current state of chaos, it was a miracle that Rai managed to get through at all, but eventually he made his way over to the door of the girls' room. Bracing himself for the worse, the boy took a deep breath...and knocked.

Ibuberu

prepare yourself pls
    Years
    Jena winced as Kayley awoke quite abruptly, replacing her flustered expression with a curious face for a moment as the girl claimed that something was trying to eat her. The Coordinator was however, too caught up with the whereabouts of Silver to question Kayley any further, jabbing a finger at the perfectly neat(save for Silver's belongings) bed as Fishy slowly woke up.

"Fine. But, I'm not too sure about Silver. Ehh.. Do you think Rai and Zach are fine?"she answered both of Kayley's questions in one fast breath, adding one of her own at the end of her statement before allowing her eyes to follow Kayley's, scrutinizing the room. Jena had been far too distracted about Silver's empty bed to notice the current messy state of her surroundings earlier. Her blue eyes widened in shock, trying to make sense of what had taken place. A chair was overturned, a vase and flowers askew on the floor. Even the plain wallpaper was not spared from what had caused this. How they managed to sleep through whatever had blown in, the girl didn't want to know.

"Ehh, we forgot to lock the door yesterday, didn't we..?"Jena muttered, walking over to her bed and pulling her boots out for under the wooden table. Glad that no one had taken them, the girl checked that her bag had been placed safely beside her through the night as the situation at hand came flooding back to her brain quite quickly.

She sat on the bed, folding her legs and resting her arms on her knees. Using one hand to comb her somewhat unruly hair, Jena awaited Kayley's response, as she couldn't help but ponder on about what had happened to Silver. She was not given much time to reflect on this however, as someone knocked on the door, shattering her thoughts in an instant. The girl glanced at Kayley and her Mudkip, before getting off her bed once more, taking care not to tread on any of the dried flowers and to avoid the chair. Even before reaching the door, she could hear faint voices calling out for one another on the other side. Jena hesitated slightly before turning the cold, metal knob and opening the door, the worried look on her face lessened a tad as she realised that it was Rai. A very hasty looking Rai, but Rai nonetheless. "Eh, you're fine,"she cracked a small smile as a small wave of relief came over her for a moment, gesturing for Kayley to come to the door.

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
    Years
    "You're fine."

Save for the lack of a second 'eh', Rai couldn't help noticing the similarity in the reactions of Jena and himself, a smile spreading across his features as well, although it was still weighed down by concern. After all, Zachary was still missing, and the proof that one person was safe had proven not to be any kind of proof that the rest were as well.

"That's...a relief." the boy said at last, "But...are Kayley and Silver here as well?" his eyes briefly flicked towards the devastation behind Jena's back as he wondered how he should break the news, "Something...terrible has happened, but before I get into that I want to make sure just how bad things are."

'Of course they are.' he tried to assure himself, 'They have to be. Zachary probably just went for a walk and got lost or something. He can't be gone either. He can't...soon we'll all be reunited and it will be back to normal. This has got to be some kind of crazy nightmare, any time...any time now I'll wake up and everything will be like it should be.'

Random Plushie

Yes, it is a sheep
    Years
    OOC:

I'm.. drowned in homework at the moment. And.. other school stuff. :x Just so you knew that I wasn't being abnormally absent for no reason. Sorry I can't say any more (short on time). I just needed to say that my responses in all these RPs will come, just as soon as I get this RL stuff sorted out.

Light_Azumarill

Danny Phantom!
    Years
    OOC: Hey! Guess who's not dead?! ME! XD

Seriously though, it's been forever since I've been here... and I've been feeling bad about just disappearing. >.> First thing I did was come to the RP section and go, "OMG... Showgan's still going? That has to be some kind of record."

Sorry about the major absence, college was taking a toll and I had a small job for a while (though I'm currently looking now... grr) and I had no time to come on. I didn't even go on the Internet itself for like almost a month. My email was a bit... full. The thing about message boards is that once you've been gone for a while, it's hard to come back. Now I have a lot more free time, and Nigma somehow found my email (I'm really not sure how he did it... but he did!) and just sent me a message yesterday so I figured better late than never and decided to come on back.

I'd be more than happy to jump back in sometime, though I'll need a day or two of catching up. XP I am actually here to stay this time! Just glancing around though, I'll say congrats to Alter's new puppy; it sounds adorable. I myself just got a new pet budgie! I named him Bimbadeen, an aboriginal name that means "a place of many birds". Anywhoo, happy to be back! Perhaps I'll make one of those, "I'm returning!" threads in the new user section. ^-^

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
    Years
    OOC: o.o

*Spazz attack*

MELISSA!!! YOU'RE BACK!!! ^____________^

Gawd, missed you loads I did, as did a whole lot of the other folks here, let me tell you that. ^^ It's worrying when nice people just spontaneously dissappear and you don't have any way of making sure they're allright, you know? ;.; Anyway, cheers for Nigma searching you out (I owe him a big 'thank you' for that, yes I do) and your return. And yeah, a topic of the 'I'm back' kind might be in order, although I'm sure that a lot of people here certainly didn't forget about you during your absence. (I, Nigma, Yibber, Plushie, and Mika certainly didn't, and I'm sure the same applies for others too)

Anyway, I know what it feels like to return to boards you've been absent from for...well, ages, really. There was this one other community I was part of a loooong time ago before I just faded away because of RL concerns. I thought no-one would miss me that much since I wasn't exactly the most well-known member around, but it turns out that this one guy I was doing proofreads for (Can't believe I forgot him >_<) had tried to contact me over and over again, and that increasing frustration and self-blame in his PMs...well, let's just say that's something I never want to cause again. .__. So yeah, regardless of how long you've been away from a community you should always come back at the end if you just dissappeared, if only to give a proper goodbye. Ehh...sorry if this sounded like a lecture, but I was kind of worried when you just vanished like that. ^-^

On a less cheerful note, Charon has left this community for good in order to focus on her real life (tm). Her goodbye post is in AD, in case you want to read it. ;.;

Anyway, you're certainly welcome to join back in at your leisure (In fact, it would be awesome if you could start posting here again because there's only like...half of our original cast left.) and yeah, we've survived...what can I say? We remaining members discussed it and agreed that it would have been too lame to just let all that writing we put into this RP die off like that. Sooo...Plushie came up with this wonderful revival plot that we just kicked off. *Pokes last few ICs* It's also got a built-in option for the occassion of people returning, so we've got it all covered. ^_^

So basically, welcome back. There's just been so much happening here while you've been gone that I don't blame you for needing catch-up time, but please enjoy your stay. RP section has been a bit quiet lately because of everyone having schoolwork and whatnot, though. (Me, I'm procrastinating to the last minute like usual. xD Besides, it's mostly presentations and suchlike for me.)

Oh my...this OOC is longer than a lot of the ICs I've written recently. o.o Well, it's logical. After all, it's not every day one of my favourite missing people returns. ^-^

Last edited:

Light_Azumarill

Danny Phantom!
    Years
    OOC: Okies... um, I'm assuming I can just sort of make up my own reason why Zachary wasn't in bed, but if not, don't hesitate to let me know it. ^-^

And Zachary would totally talk in his sleep. XD

I said it in AD and I'll say it again: Alter your puppy sounds adorable!! Seriously she does, and a nearly all black German Shepherd is what I've always wanted for a doggie. =3

Anywhoo, pet talk aside...

Zachary
    ============

Some sounds made Zachary turn over in his sleep. The day had been so long and tiring that it didn't really interrupt his sleep at all. There were some more mumbles and snorts, but nothing else to even signify the disturbance. He had no idea of Fang and the battle that was going on. It did make some sense, seeing as his home was in a neighborhood that was always noisy. Especially at night. To get any sleep at all, you had to be impervious to sound. There was really only one thing that woke Zachary up from a deep sleep, and that hadn't happened yet; so on he snored.

"Why are you guys all Mareep? And why the heck am I a Chinchou?!" Zachary's pokemon dream-self asked the Mareep Rai. He was really freaked out by this, and as is the case with most dreams, everyone else seemingly thought that it was completely normal.

Mareep Rai shook his head, "That bump on the head must have really knocked you hard. I'm sure everything will be less foggy soon. Then you will begin to understand."

"What?" Zachary said in a quiet voice, suddenly under the impression that Rai was no longer talking about the 'bump'.

"You will soon understand. Everyone will. There are things in this world that are hidden, Zachary," the Mareep Rai went on, sounding like Rai but not sounding like Rai, "Things that require you to look beyond what you see and listen to what you feel."

Mareep Rai paused for a moment, appearing to be thinking about how best to put his next words together. "We are ruled by emotions, you and I," he began, staring Zachary straight in the eyes, not sounding like Rai at all anymore, "Sometimes these emotions are pleasant and other times they are not so pleasant, but they must be controlled. If they are not controlled, then people we love, ourselves included, will get hurt. Electric pokemon are all like this; ruled by emotion. Full of passion and power, and without discipline and control they will shock loved ones when angry, scared, or even overjoyed."

Zachary wasn't sure what he was getting at. Was the sheep talking about Zachary's strange bursts of anger? Wasn't that just mood swings or something? Furthermore, it was clear the sheep was not Rai anymore, but a man with a rather deep and guttural voice that seemed to penetrate everything.

"I still don't under--," Zachary began, but was suddenly cut off, realizing with a wave of alarm that he had to go. With that thought, the sheep and Jena all turned into a small group of toilets, and the real Zachary woke up with a start.

It must have still been night, it was rather dark; probably early morning. Moving Ron off of his lap, which was not helping in this particular situation, he stood up and glanced around before moving to the door. Rai was asleep in his bed, and it seemed like nothing had really happened during Zachary's slumber, though the boy's mind was so focused on finding a restroom that he didn't really stop to notice the surroundings.

~~~

"Ah, now I feel much better," Zachary said, all finished with washing his hands and ready to go back to bed. He turned the doorknob but to no avail; it was locked, or stuck, or something!

"What the heck?!!" Zachary said angrily, shaking the handle that quite plainly would not move. He gave an almighty lurch; and the handle broke off completely. "Darnit! How am I supposed to get out of here!" He really didn't want to be stuck in a bathroom all night; this was just his luck that he would break something so important!

After sitting for a few minutes on the floor-- something Rai would probably never do-- he spied a small window out of the corner of his eye. Well, it would be a way out.... It was pretty small, but Zachary wasn't that big. He stood up and went over to it, not noticing the shuffling that was going on outside of the bathroom in the center. As he opened the window with a considerably hard push, cold air rushed in, and being so focused on his escape plan, he didn't hear the muffled sounds of the door being jiggled or a voice saying "Forget it, no time!"

"Aha!" Zachary said triumphantly, thrusting himself through the window's small opening. He was just big enough to fit his shoulders through it, but as his torso was going through the opening, the window's bottom half let out a creak and fell down into the closed position onto his back! Zachary cursed under his breath and suddenly realized that he was stuck. His arms couldn't push up the window dangling where they were now!! "Ugh...," he sighed, hoping Ron wouldn't get too worried about him.

As he sat there trying to jiggle free, minutes passed. He thought that he had heard some kind of wild pokemon shuffling through the brush at some point, but really no one was out there. The Pokemon Center's bathroom window was facing the side of the building, so all he could really see were some tall bushes. A branch was actually resting on the top of his head. Who would ever see him back here? The night sky was beginning to light up, and Zachary's back and stomach were killing him. Thank goodness the sill was thick, or he surely would have split in half by now.

Then he heard the sounds of what appeared to be yelling, or screaming perhaps, coming from inside the building. He looked around, but still all he could see were bushes. The window to the left of him suddenly opened and he heard some frantic voices. If he could hear them clearly then maybe...

"HELP ME!!! I'M STUCK IN THE BATHROOM WINDOW!" he shouted loudly. The voices in the next room hushed and a girl stuck her head out of the other window. Her dark brown pigtails swung slightly and her face was startled. Apparently the other window went to the girl's bathroom or something.

"How did you get there?" she asked in a worried voice, "Do you know about what happened last night?!"

"What? No, look, just get someone to help me!" he said to her in a gruff voice. What was with the questions? There were more important things at the moment!

"Oh, right!" the girl said, and her head disappeared. Zachary sighed. He sincerely hoped not too many people ended up 'rescuing' him.

OOC: Hopefully that was alright. If there were some issues with the individuals who raided the Pokemon Center, then just lemme know. ^-^

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
    Years
    OOC: Actually, I think that solution works just fine. The one in the plan would have been better suited for a longer absence from the group, anyway, so we'll save that for when/if Flissie decides to come back. ^^

And an almost black german shepherd would be your preference? Nyah, then I must congratulate you on your excellent taste in these matters. German shepherd pups are definitely the cutest. Ours is a right over-energetic litte thing too, always up to something (Usually something that involves chewing things), but those adorable button eyes of her are just...gah, I can't even explain it. It's just something you've got to experience. She's very affectionate too, and there are few things as adorable as a little puppy trying to climb into your lap, let me tell you that, even though she's already growing quite considerably. ^-^

Funny thing is, I already love this new dog almost as much as the old one even though (or perhaps because) they are so different. Our old doggie was a lady in every sense of the word, always very patient and considerate and never making a fuss about things (In fact, the biggest problem was that it was difficult to know whether something was wrong with her or not at times). She was very patient with her food too, and very obedient. Our puppy, on the other hand, is a right little tomboy, always rushing into everything and voicing her opinions very loudly (No stepping on her rights without hearing about it, no sirree. xD). She's also a regular glutton with her food (As in shoving her head right into the bowl at the first chance and eating as fast as she can in hopes that she'll get more and taking every opportunity to forage for whatever she can chew xP) and definitely likes to test her limits with the rules. She's settled down a bit from her original, fortunately, but we've still got to keep our shoes behind closed doors so she won't fall for temptation ^-^

Anyway, it just occured to me that I'm not really in a position to post IC at the moment, so that's another pure OOC for me, I guess. Anyway, the intruders have been mysteriously stealthy, tearing up rooms in the whole center and generally making a mess without leaving any indication of how they got in or who they were, just in case you need any more details. It will be explained officially by a certain NPC once the characters are reunited again, though.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back