• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Sick of Ash?

Should they...?

• Make Ash a less central character in the anime

Votes: 141 29.1%
  • Make a new anime series altogether

Votes: 186 38.4%
  • Keep it the same

Votes: 157 32.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mira

restless spirit
    Years
    They need a new character. You know, one who's not an idiot and won't fall for Team Rocket's "traps".
    Unfortunately, that isn't going to happen ;)

Heiheipig

- This is Madness? -
    Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2009
    What happened to the show's motto "Gotta catch them all"? And the legendaries, he sees them says hi and leaves, doesn't catch them or anything! And honestly it's the same story line over and over.

Years
    • Seen May 21, 2022
    I say make a new series all together. I'm personally sick of the same old routine they keep feeding us.

Ash loses against a gym leader. Win a few. Loses. Wins the last badge. Gets into the Pokemon league. Gets defeated and goes to another region to get stronger. Meets a new female character who happens to be a coordinator, repeat. Not to mention the fact that he's stopped with the whole "Gotta Catch 'em all" thing. Once he gets six Pokemon, he just stops. It's annoying. Not to mention he NEVER tries to catch any of the legendaries.

I totally agree with you on that point exactly. If I had a take on a new anime ,the series would be what Tajiri intended ,not the crap we were given as an anime. The anime would of course start around the region of the current game, and of course would travel to the other regions once in a while. The series would be based around the "Gotta Catch 'em all" thing and the main characters would not be ten years old due to how awkward and stupid it would be by letting your kid go alone. The battles would be realistic as in cuts bruises ,a little blood perhaps ,and some death if the trainer has nothing. Then when the newer game comes out ,the preceding series would come to an end unless it's for two-three seasons long.

I'd still want Ash to be the main lead, because I love Pikachu very much and no Ash = no Pikachu.
    Moreover, if they started a whole new series, Pokemon might lose fans.
    It's just like Digimon. They were popular when they kept their original lead characters (in season one and two), but gradually, when the characters change............

For season 3, TK and Kari were still going to be in it as the government guy ,and Takato's teacher in the early production, hence why in the dub the voice of Kari went on to voice the teacher. It still could've been worse ,considering that Bandai and Toei during the years before Savers were going to create an American series totally different from the previous. I don't remember the nmae , but their were 3 digivices combining.

Last edited:

SickSilver

Kaba Modern
    Years
    • Age 31
    • L.A.
    • Seen Apr 11, 2009
    I believe that they should retire Ash. We have all followed his story since the beggining and we all know that he's never going to make something out of himself becasue the creators want to make the show run as long as possible and if Ash won the Pokemon league(or whatever he wants to do) then that would put an end to the show. But i believe its gone far enough.

vano-m

2nd year University student
    Years
    I don't know about you but personally I'm sick of the show revolving around Ash Ketchum considering I feel it is just getting nowhere and that at the rate it's going he'll never be a Pokemon master. Loved the earlier eps but now it appears to be dragging on. Do you think maybe they should get rid of Ash as a main character (not completely) + introduce a new hero, that they should keep him or make a new Pokemon anime all together? Opinions please.

sick a bit. lets make Team Rockt the main characters)

raichu262410

Electric Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jan 6, 2009
    I personally like how it is I just think they should bring some characters back but thats for another debate. Without Ash I just can't see it being the same.

Seadiga

Art is a bang, hm!
    Years
    Here is basiclly what happenms every season?episode

Ash wins this,Ash lost, Ash won, Got a new Pokemon,

Basiclly, they need a new hero. I'm sick of Ash being the chosen one, the one who gave up his life bladibldibla

They need a Female Hero
    And more adventres in Jhoto since that's where a lot of good pokemon were

Giratina ♀

what's your sign?
    Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2013
    I personally think that they should keep Ash in the show, but introduce a new main character that slowly develops as the leader, also wants to beat the Gym Leaders of Insertregionhere, and is male. Leaving Ash to still exist, and have some time, but yanking him out of the ultimate limelight and inserting a new main lead.

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
    Here is basiclly what happenms every season?episode

Ash wins this,Ash lost, Ash won, Got a new Pokemon,

Basiclly, they need a new hero. I'm sick of Ash being the chosen one, the one who gave up his life bladibldibla

They need a Female Hero
    And more adventres in Jhoto since that's where a lot of good pokemon were

They haven't used the chosen one line since Revalation Lugia.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    I think it should remain with Ash as the main focus...or else a whole new commotion will be the same with ppl complaining that the new character is such a newb...but Ash catching a legendary will RUIN EVEYTHING!!! I honestly think it should EVER happen...NEVER!

Kozoi

Mmmmm.
    Years
    I hate Ash, I think the series revolves only around him and that we never see any new main characters propping up. I'd like to see a new series with a different main character beggining their journeys, since Nintendo love Ash so much the new character could battle Ash then get his butt handed to him?

I think Nintendo arent original anymore, Pikachu is only capable of frying girls bikes and then starting some boring journey of sorts. Emailing this to Nintendo, even though they most likely wont read it. If they do, they'll be shocked since I will be addressing the main issues that they care about which are profit and viewers.

Title: Listen to what your fans think.

Lets see how Nintendo reply to this, I didn't even get a reply when I asked them why they only used Pokémon Mystery Dungeon as a promotion for the games. They didn't reply because they knew I figured them out in an instant, hah. Typical of certain businesses.

RandomBlues

Pokemon and Keroro Gunso=<3
    Years
    Well... Ash's Japanese name, Satoshi, shares the same with the creator of Pokemon, Satoshi Tajiri, so, they still uses Ash.

I am pretty much a little bit sick of Ash when watching dubs because of his voice. His Japanese voice has changed(I think) from the Kanto Series into a more... Ur... Dunno. So I say he definitely is not something to be sick off in the japanese subs.
    I feel like his american voice is always the same. Says weird things, and such.

Another annoying thing about the dubs is that their names sound weird(Except some of them) and their voices are... WEIRD. (also including pokemon)

Pokemon had so many episodes, but it don't have a Subbed version. They should make some kind of subs if there is ever another new series, since it's only 50+ or something. Other anime has subs, even through it seems like it have over a hundred episodes.

Last edited:

matt561

Your French Charizard
    Years
    What i dont understand is none ever changes like maybe we should have a few episodes where Brock leads or maybe eithen a team rocket episode that would be great

Years
    i want to see May in Jhoto and Kanto.
    that'd take the spotlight off Ash, but still keep him and have him as a supporting character like Brock?

Megaera

stop calling me d:
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Mar 30, 2015
    I guess I'm tired of him, he'll never be a pokemon master so far.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back