• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Sick of Ash?

Should they...?

• Make Ash a less central character in the anime

Votes: 141 29.1%
  • Make a new anime series altogether

Votes: 186 38.4%
  • Keep it the same

Votes: 157 32.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Dec 3, 2013
    What about a seaon about Different People,Like 5 Episodes (Insert Name Here) then the next 5 are (Insert different name here)

Because Pokemon Chronicles proved that no one else can really carry the show. They can have sub-plots, do an episode arc of 1-5 episodes, maybe even take the spotlight in a movie, but no Ash/Pikachu is a huge deficit.

.emerald

☆ + ♥
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2014
    I despise him being the center of the group. I'm tired of seeing everything around Ash, although his character changes that. I prefer his presence lessened just a tad bit.

Years
    • Seen Dec 3, 2013
    I despise him being the center of the group. I'm tired of seeing everything around Ash, although his character changes that. I prefer his presence lessened just a tad bit.

That's completely unrealistic, considering he's the main character.

Years
    Well...

Mark my words.

The same people moaning about Ash in this thread will be the exact same people moaning when Ash leaves the show.

Not really since if they make a Pokemon Special Adventures anime.... 8D

We'd be rejoicing! XD

Too bad the anime only comemorated the "pippi" Pocket Monsters Slapstick manga in that AG "Movie Camerupt" episode. D=

Rioku_Zanketa

...::Ultimate Warrior::...
    Years
    I can. I wish the manga was made into an anime. Red seems far more of a pokemon Master than Ash. I dunno what the heck Ash is doing, but Red does what is needed to be done, not beat around the bush. You can love and collect at the same time. Ash just can't do it.

The same people moaning about Ash in this thread will be the exact same people moaning when Ash leaves the show.

Yea....I stopped watching the show because I'm tired of Ash.

ArcanineOod

DESU.
    Years
    Please note, I'm not an Ash fangirl.
    I'm not sick of Ash. Personally, I've grown quite attached to him, and I'm extemely interested in what's going to happen in his future. That being said, I do get annoyed by the fact that his Pikachu always steals the show by using Thunderbolt. Couldn't we have a bit more variety? I would like Brock to participate more, too. He's a really good character, with lots of potential, but the writers don't include him enough.
    xX

Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2009
    It would be awesome if the manga became the anime. The only things I wasn't quite on board on was Ruby (Brendan) as a coordinator and Sapphire (May) as a tomboy battler. Platina (Dawn) being a spoiler rich girl as well as Diamond (Lucas) and Pearl (Jun) being her bodyguards looked pretty awkward. I am not going to bring up Hareta and his uber Piplup. (shivers)

I just think the characters should be equal in all endeavors.

Vannah☆

Spriter
    Years
    Ash is done... O_o He's what... like 14 or 15 now? Yeah, maybe we could center on some more interesting characters? Jessie and James need to go too. I miss Misty~

Vincent.

//**
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Mar 2, 2010
    I'm tired of him!
    all he do is pokemon, face it he's never going to be a pokemon master.

Shardwire

I eated your cookie.
    Years
    I like Richie waaaaaay better then damn Ash. =p

Can't they just make a new series? Ash is never going to become a Pokemon Master. I don't care if he sees every legend in movies. His efforts are futile and the show is getting nowhere with his so called "dream".

Heart

/////♥\\\\\
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Mar 2, 2010
    I like Richie waaaaaay better then damn Ash. =p

Can't they just make a new series? Ash is never going to become a Pokemon Master. I don't care if he sees every legend in movies. His efforts are futile and the show is getting nowhere with his so called "dream".

Richie is much better than Ash either!
    Ash would never become a pokemon master all he do is battle and lost and win and lost...whahaha

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Nov 9, 2021
    I almost vomited when he cried over Shaymin in the most recent movie -.-

That, and he's gone like 10 years without an education. Yes, he'll be a Pokemon Master, but he'll be one damn illiterate Pokemon Master.

Jumpluff

I make the Rules, You follow.
    Years
    Pikachu is getting pretty boring now and Ash is even more boring maybe have an unite episode with Max, May, Misty, Dawn, Ash, Brock and the Pokemon Trainer from SSBB. xD

Shardwire

I eated your cookie.
    Years
    I wanted to kill Pikachu after the first series. Thundershock had seemed to have become the most powerful move in that part in the anime. .__.

Kent Spealing

Trainer of Flames
    Years
    • Age 38
    • Seen Oct 9, 2021
    Besides, Richie destroyed him in the Pokemon League. I haven't seen Ash win in the League. Have you? =p

Actually the only reason Ash lost to Ritchie is because half his team was exhausted from fighting with Team Rocket to get to the stadium. It forced him to have to take a chance on Charizard. I think if his team had a chance to rest he would have won.

Back on track now, I'm not tired of Ash. I just wish the supporting characters around him got more screen time or purpose. Also I feel like Misty could/should return as a main character or something.

Years
    • Seen Dec 3, 2013
    Actually the only reason Ash lost to Ritchie is because half his team was exhausted from fighting with Team Rocket to get to the stadium. It forced him to have to take a chance on Charizard. I think if his team had a chance to rest he would have won.

Back on track now, I'm not tired of Ash. I just wish the supporting characters around him got more screen time or purpose. Also I feel like Misty could/should return as a main character or something.

You have a point with Richie, but Richie's sole purpose in the anime was to be the new friend he meets at the League who'll beat him in a later round. He would've won no matter what.

As for the other members of the trio and the few supporting cast members, yeah, it'd be nice if they got some more character development. Sinnoh has done this quite well with the non-trio members such as Zoey, Nando, Kenny, Paul, and a few others. Dawn has had some great moments, and Brock too (when he's given some screen time). However, the show is Ash's story and the focus is Ash. He'll always get the most no matter what.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back