• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Sick of Ash?

Should they...?

• Make Ash a less central character in the anime

Votes: 141 29.1%
  • Make a new anime series altogether

Votes: 186 38.4%
  • Keep it the same

Votes: 157 32.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020
    Look, guys, I don't necessarily think the idea's a bad one, but I don't think that this tournament will ever determine if he were a Pokemon Master.

I mean, we met with three league Champions (Lance, Cynthia, and Wallace), and none of them were EVER referred to as a "Pokemon Master" in the Anime (Well, Wallace was referenced as a Contest master, but... that's not exactly the same thing). Hey, even when Ash won the Orange Islands League, he had never attained his title as a Pokemon Master. In fact, he never seemed to even attain it when winning the Battle Frontier (which was rumored to be stronger than even the Elite 4, which means that he would demolish the Sinnoh Elite 4 as a result, and that's IF he actually won the Sinnoh League.).

Years
    I think that the whole Pokemon formula is beginning to get worn out, so a new, fresh storyline and character might be a good thing. On the other hand, I'm so used to Ash being the new character that I don't know if I'd want him to be gone from the series (or made a secondary character).

_cynthia_

the thirsty devil
    Years
    he is SO weak..
    of course they have to make a new character to replace ash
    lets reduce ash to something as plain as ashes...

Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2009
    One thing that I'm sick of seeing all the time is that Ash always forgets that Team Rockets has a tendency to insulate their mechs.

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
    Look, guys, I don't necessarily think the idea's a bad one, but I don't think that this tournament will ever determine if he were a Pokemon Master.

I mean, we met with three league Champions (Lance, Cynthia, and Wallace), and none of them were EVER referred to as a "Pokemon Master" in the Anime (Well, Wallace was referenced as a Contest master, but... that's not exactly the same thing). Hey, even when Ash won the Orange Islands League, he had never attained his title as a Pokemon Master. In fact, he never seemed to even attain it when winning the Battle Frontier (which was rumored to be stronger than even the Elite 4, which means that he would demolish the Sinnoh Elite 4 as a result, and that's IF he actually won the Sinnoh League.).

Well, it basically covers the best in the world, so I would assume it's safe to say that he would become a Pokémon Master.

EDIT: I believe that Cynthia was referred to The Pokémon Champion of the World in the Japanese version. I'm not too sure though.

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020
    Well, it basically covers the best in the world, so I would assume it's safe to say that he would become a Pokémon Master.

EDIT: I believe that Cynthia was referred to The Pokémon Champion of the World in the Japanese version. I'm not too sure though.

Bulbapedia begs to differ, as they said in the article that they weren't ACTUALLY referenced as Pokemon Masters in the Anime (heck, the various Elite 4 members aren't even referred to as such in that continuity, either.), Ash definitely didn't achieve that position when he beat both the Orange League AND the Battle Frontier (otherwise, why would he continue? I mean, he defeated a league, thus he should be a Master, plus, he has already defeated the entire Battle Frontier, which is better than just winning a league, or even beating the Elite 4 (as it was implied by the various mediums that the Battle Brains were stronger than even the Elite 4 and champion)).

Also, Lance was referred to as a Champion, and he was NEVER called a Pokemon Master by ANY of the characters. Wallace, well, technically, he was called a Master, but not a Pokemon Master, just a Master of contests.

I'll be sure to ask about the whole Cynthia Issue on Bulbapedia when I get the chance, just in case.

Last edited:

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
    Well, they're Champions of a land that isn't the world. It would be great if they ended his story that way. He wins an International tournament and gets crowned (Not actually crowned but you know) one of the best in the world.

Last edited:

Unown_

Sep.2003 - Mar.2010. Resigned
    Years
    Well, they're Champions of a land that isn't the world. It would be great if they ended his story that way. He wins an International tournament and gets crowned (Mot actually crowned but you know) one of the best in the world.
    As soon as it is explained what the requirements are to become a Pokémon Master, the anime would most likely be coming to an end. Though I doubt that will happen soon.

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
    As soon as it is explained what the requirements are to become a Pokémon Master, the anime would most likely be coming to an end. Though I doubt that will happen soon.

Or they could just continue Ash's journey as we watch him strive to reach the goal that the writers have given us. This, hopefully not if it ever comes to it, may take another 10 years if the writers want it to.

Years
    • Seen Jan 19, 2013
    he isnt a master yet, he has to beat the elite 4 as they are the next step after the pokemon league when he wins this anime sinnoh league.

they already gave a teaser of how strong they will be in battle frontier

i firmly believe he will win sinnoh league and then we will see his old pokemon like charizard help him fight the elite 4 in a mini series and if he wins then maybe he is a pokemon master of sinnoh region

Unown_

Years
    Or they could just continue Ash's journey as we watch him strive to reach the goal that the writers have given us. This, hopefully not if it ever comes to it, may take another 10 years if the writers want it to.
    I don't mind that as long as they add some good side-stories/quests/arc to it.

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020
    he isnt a master yet, he has to beat the elite 4 as they are the next step after the pokemon league when he wins this anime sinnoh league.

they already gave a teaser of how strong they will be in battle frontier

i firmly believe he will win sinnoh league and then we will see his old pokemon like charizard help him fight the elite 4 in a mini series and if he wins then maybe he is a pokemon master of sinnoh region

But the Anime and Games had established that the Battle Brains were actually STRONGER than the Elite 4, so, since Ash has already won the Battle Frontier, then he'll just mow through the Sinnoh Elite 4.

Unown_

Years
    Ash may have won the Battle Frontier, but he loses to gymleaders too. I highly doubt "he'll just mow through the Sinnoh Elite 4".

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020
    Ash may have won the Battle Frontier, but he loses to gymleaders too. I highly doubt "he'll just mow through the Sinnoh Elite 4".

Then what was the point of even making it seem like the Frontier Brains were stronger than the Elite 4? Heck, what was the point in even HAVING Ash continue on his Journey?

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    To have something to do while the writers were thinking up DP

XD We got a few evolutions, though

Unown_

Years
    I'm simply saying that having won the Battle Frontier doesn't automatically mean Ash will easily defeat the Elite 4.
    As for your other question question, Ash is always in for a challenge. THAT is imo the reason why he is traveling to various regions. During Kanto Ash said a lot that his aim is to be a Pokémon Master but imo he doesn't bring that up a lot.

cyan.

▲ 愛してる .
    Years
    I agree with you. Ash never tries to catch any legendary 's, he just sticks with
    these basic's and stuff, and there are like 7 series can we stick with one seris? And that whole "Gotta catch 'em all!" Thing doesn't even work. He just stops at 6 pokemon. Not to mention there's so many pokemon and he has one pokedex. I'm getting tierd and Pikachu can go in the Pokeball for atleast one second it wouldn't hurt!

Years
    • Seen Jan 19, 2013
    But the Anime and Games had established that the Battle Brains were actually STRONGER than the Elite 4, so, since Ash has already won the Battle Frontier, then he'll just mow through the Sinnoh Elite 4.

indeed it is more tough than the elite 4- well we will find out that for sure when he wins sinnoh league and we have a elite 4 series....

will be interesting to see if he uses his strongest pokemon charizard etc or sticks to sinnoh pokemon.

as for pokemon master, the term is given by others not himself, not a lot of people will know of battle frontier and the winner of it. however if he wins sinnoh league which i believe he will with all the air time they given eltie 4. then if he beats elite 4- people will recognise him as a pokemon master.

remember its other people who determine if he is a pokemon master by believing it by witnissing him win populer leagues and beat the elite 4

i think ash will win sinnoh league but lose the elite 4- remember in battle frontier he used his strongest pokemon, i dont think any other pokemon could beat articuno but charizard as they lack the power, speed and defence charizard does....i think once he wins sinnoh league ash will use his sinnoh pokemon in elite 4 and lose

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back