• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Signature of the Week

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    I know, but still, being known for one week is kinda rare when you consider my circumstances XD.

I wonder if we can make a signature of the YEAR. 0.0

moments.

quixotic
    Years
    That would be amazing. So much preparation time for something that hardly needs that much preparation time..

EarthsVisitor

Jolly Good
    Years
    For your entertainment, I will present a short journal on my signature of the week process, hopefully I will do this each week.

Sig of The Week #44 - Brand

Well, first of all, the first two things that popped into my mind with this topic, was "branding a cow" and "brands" more specifically with advertising.

My first idea came with a fusion of these two ideas. I wanted a guy who was ripping off his shirt, revealing some of his chest, with some type of logo brand, branded onto his chest, with the text. "Advertising, *insert witty comment about advertising here.*

So, I started on this idea. I found a picture. More specifically.
    https://www.supermanhomepage.com/images/superman-returns11/shirt-rip-skin.jpg

I began, by imprinting the coca-cola logo on him, and tried several different things. Unfortunately, I did not like where the piece was going, and so, cancelled it, and went with a new idea.

My second idea, was essentially a battle between two very popular brands, "Coke" and "Sprite" having them clash, and their colors collide in the center. It got about this far, when I decided, I actually hated this idea.

Signature of the Week

Not much going on there. It's actually not bad just like that, I didn't want to destroy it anymore, but I wanted something of higher graphic capabilities.

So, I came upon my 3rd and final idea. I decided to get a bunch of brands, and capitalize on and idea that I actually had before this competition, which was about capitalism.

So, I started getting together a bunch of logos, and meshing them together, with lots of grunge, and smudging, and color balance, etc, etc. At first, there were things like McDonalds, and Geico, but I didn't like that look of them. So I decided to stick with Soda, cause I really like the pepsi and coca-cola. Found the rest, and came up with a semi-decent peice.

Unfortunately, the lighting at the bottom, was much too strong, and the peice was too big anyway. So, I cropped it out, to make it attractive, I do this alot. I make a big peice, and crop out a small portion of it. I suggest it to you all.

It looked like this before cropping.

Signature of the Week

and, then I came with my final piece, which can be seen on the SoTW thread.

Thank you.
    - EarthsVisitor.

Enjoy!

EarthsVisitor

Jolly Good
    Years
    Yeah, probably, but I don't think it's fair, because what work would I have actually done?
    The brands themselves did all the work by being popular and providing those images.
    I just added text. :]

THIRTY-SIX

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2015
    "Text" is also an art form. Dx

And I suppose you could vector the cans if you think you haven't put any effort into it, though graphics isn't always about the effort you use.

THIRTY-SIX

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2015
    Nah, I think it needs a white negative space rather than a random PC theme bg colour. Might ruin it for people using dark skins.

ruby

[span="howdy;partner"][/span]
    Years
    • Seen Mar 27, 2024
    Yuh-huh.
    Hello Kitty shoes ftw, but I barely get to seem them. D;

Dukey

oh.my.gaskarth.
    Years
    Lol. I only just noticed the Hello Kitty face thing on the shoes.
    Which means, that it doesn't stay on the original long enough, or I have bad eyes =P

ruby

Years
    • Seen Mar 27, 2024
    I'd get a pair, if I didn't already have a pair. xD
    Screw it; Ebay here I come.

Might not enter this week after all, being lazy with Ps. :/

THIRTY-SIX

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2015
    CME's entry has the same concept as mine, but with the it's drawn crappy on purpose feel to it. Dx

I thought she hated that style. xD

moments.

quixotic
    Years
    It has the same concept yes and yes I adore your entry Munna.
    In fact, so far, you are getting my vote for simplicity, something a bit different and for incorporating your own 'twang' on the graphic.

Zebra Thunderhead

the avenger
    Years
    No, I normally don't go for the kind of style I did in my entry just because it's always for the luls and this is one theme where I can to jump on the bandwagon for a little bit.

ruby

Years
    • Seen Mar 27, 2024
    -AdvancedK9- and Earthsvisitor have been disqualified;
    Being named "Signature of The Week" the rules that would normally apply to a signature still do, yours exceeded the maximum width/height restrictions.

Kayashi's entry... Yeah.

I'm waiting on a theme from T2.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back