• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Signature rules and review thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
Years
  • But I've seen other people that have that and they don't get in trouble for it. o_o
    And...? If you see people with over the limit signatures, report them. No matter how many times other people break the limits, it doesn't justify your own signature breach. Why not just put them on the side, that would put your signature within the limits.

They're just like people that have supporter banners that add very little, but break the limit. They get in trouble, too.

All in all, any signature has to stay within that 300 pixels tall limit. >_o

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
    Years
  • Afraid I can't help you there. D: Well, at least your current signature is within the limits. :D

Soul Eater

silver won't say he's in love~
    Years
  • Yeah, I was actually hoping to wait until I worked on my Halloween theme. XD But the disable thing was bugging me because I feel like a total n00b having my sig disabled. XD

For now, this one is short and 'to the point'. XD

A Pixy

Cruel?
    Years
  • Signature rules and review thread

Credit goes to Super~Sonic for this banner
    For the love of all that is good and holy. CLICK ME!!!!
    is this okay?

Voltagenic

got djent?
    Years
    • Seen Oct 15, 2011
    Is mine too big?

I really love this banner and I want everyone to see it.

Years
  • It's because the sig limits are based on image heights, not the height of whatever's holding them. In this case, it doesn't matter what the size of the box is, as long as any and all of your signature images still equal to over 300 pixels in height total then it's going to be viewed as a violation and disabled.

Years
  • It's because the sig limits are based on image heights, not the height of whatever's holding them. In this case, it doesn't matter what the size of the box is, as long as any and all of your signature images still equal to over 300 pixels in height total then it's going to be viewed as a violation and disabled.
    I will fix it, but it doesn't make sense.

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
  • I will fix it, but it doesn't make sense.

It makes perfect sense. Your signature can only be 500 pixels in width and 300 pixels in height. All your images count towards your total. There is no safe way to get more than the limit and your little box doesn't mean you can have that many images in it. They all get added up and totaled. So even if your signature has that box, you still have too many images which equal over the limit for signatures.

Sorry if that seems complex to you, but it's really simple to comprehend. No matter how you hide your signature (a box, a spoiler), it's still going to total up, no matter how you try to avoid it. >:

Years
  • im just popping by checking if my pokeplushies new sig is in the size
    my signature is under construction atm
    so i had to put these adoptables and blah
    not like anyone cars anyways.
    lol

JJK

The chase is about to begin...
    Years
  • It makes perfect sense. Your signature can only be 500 pixels in width and 300 pixels in height. All your images count towards your total. There is no safe way to get more than the limit and your little box doesn't mean you can have that many images in it. They all get added up and totaled. So even if your signature has that box, you still have too many images which equal over the limit for signatures.

Sorry if that seems complex to you, but it's really simple to comprehend. No matter how you hide your signature (a box, a spoiler), it's still going to total up, no matter how you try to avoid it. >:
    In my opinion, I can't see any sense in it too. Even tough the images DO total more than the allowed limit, rules shouldn't be applied if the fundament for their creation isn't fulfilled. What that means is, sig size limits were created to prevent too much junk in lower resolution users screens. Inserting all images in a box which size falls within the limits restricts, and in fact prevents those images from flooding one's screen, by confining them to the size of the refered box. The only other problem i see fit of such a reaction is the slow-down low speed connection users have by having to load more images. It's a valid point, at least until we remember that we are talking about bars, banners and small boxes, and not wallpapers. Of course noone wants a sig within a box to be bigger than the rest of the page (exagerating), but there has to be some common sense.
    (Why am I saying this? Am i some lawyer now? oh, right, the sig...)

Altough the mccain banner could disappear...
    Edit: I was making a joke, im not american i'm Portuguese... I do prefer =bama, but his is not the place. Sorry for the joke.

Last edited:
    Years
  • In my opinion, I can't see any sense in it too. Even tough the images DO total more than the allowed limit, rules shouldn't be applied if the fundament for their creation isn't fulfilled. What that means is, sig size limits were created to prevent too much junk in lower resolution users screens. Inserting all images in a box which size falls within the limits restricts, and in fact prevents those images from flooding one's screen, by confining them to the size of the refered box. The only other problem i see fit of such a reaction is the slow-down low speed connection users have by having to load more images. It's a valid point, at least until we remember that we are talking about bars, banners and small boxes, and not wallpapers. Of course noone wants a sig within a box to be bigger than the rest of the page (exagerating), but there has to be some common sense.
    (Why am I saying this? Am i some lawyer now? oh, right, the sig...)

Altough the mccain banner could disappear...
    Thank you for your support, however I will not remove my McCain banner untill after the election.

Dark Spyro

Dark Spyro, Who Knew?
    Years
  • Hey, I Noticed This Thread So Yeah
    Just Checking If Mine Is In The Limits?
    Btw; My Sig Looks Too Big So Yeah.
    Please Check The Dimensions Yeah?

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back