• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Signature Rules & Check Thread

Akiba

[img]http://i.imgur.com/o3RYT4v.png[/img]
Years
My signature keeps getting disabled ;-;

On my computer, it's 600x285, so there shouldn't be a problem, according to the Guidelines..

I've been told that it looks too big on iPhones, maybe it's a cross-browser problem?

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Try removing the [sig-reason] tag and I (or some other staffer) can check to see what is wrong. On my end it does look okay within the limits. Images look okay as well.

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
My signature keeps getting disabled ;-;

On my computer, it's 600x285, so there shouldn't be a problem, according to the Guidelines..

I've been told that it looks too big on iPhones, maybe it's a cross-browser problem?

I believe your CSS is glitching and forcing the separate images on the right /under/ the main image.

We spoke about it briefly earlier and it's appearing different for different people - try tweaking your CSS and PM me after - I'll check how it is my end, as I see the glitchy version at the moment.

Akiba

Years
Some browser screens.

Chrome:
Spoiler:

Firefox:
Spoiler:

Epiphany:
Spoiler:

I don't have any other browsers on this computer, but there might be a problem for mobile users and IE users.

Here's my signature:

I'm pretty sure it's the "overflow: hidden" for the GIF. I recall browsers abnormally implementing that property in the past.

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
I have Chrome and Solace is using Firefox, he also sees what I see I believe.

14vh8yf.png

Akiba

Years
I have Chrome and Solace is using Firefox, he also sees what I see I believe.

14vh8yf.png

Ah, that's a problem indeed.

It should be fixed now, I used to explicitly specify the width; now it uses inline-block and dynamic width.

But a lot of old browsers and mobile browsers don't implement inline-block correctly either.. What a bother.

Anyways, thanks for the help.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
Mind if you check if my new sig is within the 2 megabytes limitation? Is it also necessary to credit imgur users who downloaded them?

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
It was around 950KB when I tried downloading, so yup, it's within the limit. ^^;; Also, you don't have to credit people who've used that .gif; only those who had created it (not really sure if this is necessary, either, but would still do it just in case if I were you).

Back